PDA

View Full Version : PM3L upper mount tearing spotwelds

ShadowBolt
12-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Under the car yesterday and the right upper control arm mount is tearing apart. I understand we can't use the repair kit?

Jerry

Rob Liebbe
12-29-2011, 08:51 AM
Under the car yesterday and the right upper control arm mount is tearing apart. I understand we can't use the repair kit?

Jerry

I thought we could use the repair kit. At least I'm considering installing the repair or reinforcement kit as the car gets built. Seems like I had an e-mail or pm exchange with Al or Glenn about this.

GlennCMC70
12-29-2011, 08:57 AM
I dont see why not. But Mosty's got fixed w/out it if I recall.

ShadowBolt
12-29-2011, 09:13 AM
I dont see why not. But Mosty's got fixed w/out it if I recall.

Michael has a kit (spent overnight money to ship it in) but did not install it because he said you thought it was not okay. I think the kit has bolts that go through the floor pan. I do not have mine on a lift and just getting everything back exactly where it goes is not going to be easy. I'm not sure it can be done without removing more parts and/or getting it on a lift. I was thinking about a sheet metal bracket that welds to the frame and to the mount but I assumed that would not be okay. I was going to ask first.

JJ

michaelmosty
12-29-2011, 10:26 AM
The kit I bought has reinforcement pieces that go on the inside and outside of the car which was deemed illegal. These were not installed. Al said the directors were going to talk in the off season and come up with a solution for us.

ShadowBolt
12-29-2011, 10:46 AM
The kit I bought has reinforcement pieces that go on the inside and outside of the car which was deemed illegal. These were not installed. Al said the directors were going to talk in the off season and come up with a solution for us.

Al?

I need an answer fast.

JJ

GlennCMC70
12-29-2011, 08:52 PM
Better call him.

ShadowBolt
12-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Better call him.

I did. They were supposed to talk about it but never have.

JJ

Al Fernandez
01-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Its was first on the list of priorities but got bumped by a couple of things that needed more immediate attention unfortunately. I'll get with you today.

Rob Liebbe
01-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Its was first on the list of priorities but got bumped by a couple of things that needed more immediate attention unfortunately. I'll get with you today.

Let me know as well please. PM is ok or just post it up.