PDA

View Full Version : Fox guys. I need a front brake parts list

K Shaw
01-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Hey Fox chassis guys I need a parts list for front brakes and suspension.

I am making a J/Y run this weekend (if the wife lets me out of the house) and a front brake and suspension parts list to get the correct front track width.

I have a small budget so I need to know what parts to snag from a SN95 or new edge to get the front end of the car together. I plan on using stock Ford wheels to keep the cost down. I dont need Cobra stuff or big brakes yet. I just want to get the front end together to get the car rolling again.

Also anyone have a K member they want to get rid of? Mine is pretty beat up.

Thanks

Kyle

marshall_mosty
01-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Kyle,
Just about the only thing you will want are SN95 (94-04) front control arms. All the other stock stuff is junk.

K Shaw
01-03-2012, 11:03 AM
Dont I need spindles? Remeber my car is a 84 with the small 10inch front brakes and little spindles.Do I just need 87-93 V8 spindles.

Also I will be spending some time back in TT or what ever as I have not been in a race car or on track since 2008 so I have no problem running stockish stuff for a while.

edrock96GT
01-03-2012, 11:42 AM
I have my stock control arms if you still need a pair.

If you eventually plan to switch to a 5 lug then SN-95 spindles would be good too. I don't have those though.

Rob Liebbe
01-03-2012, 11:51 AM
K-member - 87-95 V8

from a 94-99 V8 or V6 get struts, control arms, spindles, brakes (later cars had dual piston calipers), sway bar (5.0 is different than 4.6 - if staying with Fox-style sway bar look for a very late 91-93 gt bar as they are wider and will work better with the SN95 control arms), hubs, brake booster, brake lines around front of car if possible (non-abs car would be better), any and all associated hardware with the above parts.

Good luck - these parts are getting hard to find.

Wade
01-03-2012, 12:43 PM
I have a couple spare k-members, as does Sam I think. let me know if you don't find what you are looking for. I thought the '99+ splindle was slightly wider than the '94-98 so I'd stay away from that for your application. Otherwise, you need everything that bolts to the k-member for a full upgrade. Brake calipers, rotors, spindles, control arms. Don't forget all of the brake stuff off a '94+ v6, gt, or cobra for the rears. You don't want to be stuck with drums back there either. Honestly, you should be looking for a $300 v6 that is wrecked to buy. It will be cheaper.

K Shaw
01-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Wade. I would love to find a complete car however I have no luck finding one in the austin area. I see cheap SN95s in the DFW and Houston areas all the time however by the time you factor in fuel etc etc to drive to Houston or Dallas its stops being cost effective.

I may take you up on that K member.

A also need 84 or 85/86 front and rear bunper covers. Mine are pretty torn up.

Kyle

marshall_mosty
01-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Kyle,
I have a set of 96 spindles that just came off the car. $100 for the pair?

marshall_mosty
01-03-2012, 03:37 PM
For rear axles, I would suggest superior axles in the SN95 (94-98) flavor. That will allow you to run the stock axle housing and the stock Ford Racing caliper mounts with stock GT calipers.

Jeremy Gunter might be getting close to upgrading his stock rear brakes to Cobra brakes, so I'd give him a buzz and see if he can cut you a deal on his take off parts.

Crumpacker
01-03-2012, 03:54 PM
I have a couple spare k-members, as does Sam I think.

I have a k-member that was going to scrap later this week - you can have mine so Wade can keep his spare(s).

K Shaw
01-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Sweet. I will take it. Thanks dude. You want mine for scrap?

Crumpacker
01-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Sweet. I will take it. Thanks dude. You want mine for scrap?

Only if you plan on picking this one up by Friday - that's when I'm heading to the scrap yard.

Cell - 979.six7six.1222

K Shaw
01-03-2012, 05:04 PM
If I can get mine out by thursday I will come by thursday night. I know the wife wants to go appliance shopping this week so I may not be able to get to it.

I will let you know.

kyle