PDA

View Full Version : OK, 9 days left till TWS, who ain't ready?!

AI#97
07-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Well, who still has their heap in pieces with the race so close....everyone seems a little quiet and I think it's time to start talking some shit!

2 event weekends and just 8 races left...to hell with the schedules, forget the weak ass excuses, quit whining about this and that.....Who is ready to fuggin RACE?!!! :twisted: Personally, I need to get a bigger cooler for all these cans of whoop ass that have been sittin on the shelf since May!!! Alright you pansies, step up for your dose!!!! :P

Come on guys....it's as quiet as a church full of hookers in here!!! :lol:

GlennCMC70
07-25-2006, 09:07 PM
i guess alot of folks are not ready.
http://www.aicmctexas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=453

Boudy
07-25-2006, 10:10 PM
Well, dude. I'm at 233HP and 3140 lbs. No way in hell I am showing up until it's fixed. I'm doing everything I can to get it done so I can come open up a can of Rookie Whoop Ass.

Boudy

Mike Bell
07-25-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm at 195/256 - no way I'm gonna make it with this tired mill. I do have a stock short block on the engine stand now, but I've tried every kind of magic potion I can find to make it jump into that engine bay, nuttin yet!

AI#97
07-25-2006, 10:40 PM
I'm doing everything I can to get it done so I can come open up a can of Rookie Whoop Ass.

Boudy

Been there, done that!!! And it is some F-U-N Shit!!!!!! 8)

AI#97
07-25-2006, 10:42 PM
I do have a stock short block on the engine stand now, but I've tried every kind of magic potion I can find to make it jump into that engine bay, nuttin yet!

What is that I smell......? An excuse? Surely not there Admiral?!!!!

Calling all racers in Houston....find Mr. Bell and help him get his shit together!!! :lol:

Mike Bell
07-26-2006, 07:07 AM
It would take more than my fellow racers to perform that!! :lol:

You guys bust out the laps at TWS, I'll focus on making MSRH in October.

David Love AI27
07-26-2006, 08:24 AM
Still waitin' on parts for the 27 car and tryin' to figure out how to rebuild the 8.8 on Amber's 10 car. WARNING: to anyone buying a used race car, get a DETAILED list of replacement part information for ALL parts that were not stock on that particular car. And to the builders of race cars, make a DETAILED list of modifications or changes to the car including part numbers, sources of parts, blueprints, sketches of fabed parts drawn on napkins, locations of Joes Fab and Welding, location of doner parts car found in field down the dirt road 3.5 miles off highway..... :evil:

michaelmosty
07-26-2006, 09:44 AM
Well, dude. I'm at 233HP and 3140 lbs. No way in hell I am showing up until it's fixed. I'm doing everything I can to get it done so I can come open up a can of Rookie Whoop Ass.

Boudy
Boudy,
Depending on your hp situation just be sure to bring some ballast in case you have to run it. It's an easy fix that will get you on track.

Boudy
07-26-2006, 11:46 AM
I cranked up the fuel pressure to 40 so I'm pretty sure it's under the number. Lean usually makes extra power so I'm hoping for the norm to fall into place. If Speedtek doesn't get the dyno fixed, I'm going to add 25 lbs to the car and an extra 3 gallons of fuel and just run it. I scaled with a 1/2 take which is how it rolled off the track at Hallet.

Boudy

NASA13
07-26-2006, 12:27 PM
pieces scattered about the garage.
tranny on floor with new fifth installed.
no decent rubber to be found.
Axles destroyed , bearings needed and seals.
only time will tell.

Waco Racer
07-26-2006, 12:48 PM
no decent rubber to be found.

There's the problem, your mind is not on racing!

donovan
07-26-2006, 01:15 PM
Both my race and spare tranny's are on the ground, one's rebuilt the other need a fifth installed(but have it in hand), need to take the flywheel to machine shop, driveshaft and exhaust is off the car as well. Waiting on brake pads for delivery, front rotor are old-cracked-thin and might not last the next event, trying to decided on gambling or ordering more, Toyo's are on backorder again... not enough rubber for the event..., engine is still running like crap - missing spitting and sputtering...

Hmm, not looking good.

michaelmosty
07-26-2006, 02:22 PM
I drove the car around the block last night and the brakes work!! Now I just need to put the bumper back on and reset the alignment that for some reason is now messed up. :oops:

macstang
07-27-2006, 10:51 PM
I cranked up the fuel pressure to 40 so I'm pretty sure it's under the number. Lean usually makes extra power so I'm hoping for the norm to fall into place. If Speedtek doesn't get the dyno fixed, I'm going to add 25 lbs to the car and an extra 3 gallons of fuel and just run it. I scaled with a 1/2 take which is how it rolled off the track at Hallet.

Boudy

Thats how you blew by the rest of us.

Amazing how fast an illegal car goes aint it?

AI#97
07-28-2006, 09:19 AM
I am going to pick up my junk tomorrow or sunday and get it back to the house for some last minute checks and weld up my torque arm.

for those of you running the MM torque arm, be sure to check the welds at the square tubes running back up to the axle tubes....Mine are all showing signs of fatigue. I am guessing that is because I got this one off a guy who was using it on a 650rwhp drag car! I will post some pictures once I get it back this weekend.

Boudy
07-28-2006, 02:19 PM

Boudy

Yes, it was about 30 lbs light based on my scales. Now that it's all checked and measured, the problem is fixed.

Better start working on a new excuse! :lol: :lol:

Boudy

michaelmosty
07-28-2006, 04:35 PM

Boudy

Yes, it was about 30 lbs light based on my scales. Now that it's all checked and measured, the problem is fixed.

Better start working on a new excuse! :lol: :lol:

Boudy
Hopefully Eric and Corey will be able to make it and we can have the 5 Mustang Coupes fill out the top 5.
1. MM
2. - 5. (EV, MB, RB, and CR) in no particular order. :wink:

Rob Liebbe
07-29-2006, 01:21 PM
Coupes - Schoupes --- You are neglecting the advanced aerodynamic advantage of the Fox-body hatchbacks on that long straightaway :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Mike Bell
07-30-2006, 06:27 AM
Ok, may have found the problem with the motor so depending on a dyno pull this week I may get to actually race this coming weekend. :D

donovan
07-30-2006, 07:02 AM
What was the problem?

DD

Mike Bell
07-30-2006, 07:07 AM
The real problem? I'm an ignorant car owner/driver/mechanic. TPS sensor was unplugged (EV found it for me). :oops:

Yeah, I admitted to it. Ouch, that smarts. :lol:

I'll take it to the dyno, anything in the 200 hp range and I'm racing the car. Now I'm giddy about the chance to give Liebbe a dose of what he gave me earlier this year at MSRH.

michaelmosty
07-30-2006, 08:48 AM
Bad Ass Mike!!!!
I hope to see you next week! 8)

Boudy
07-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Great Mike! Glad to hear that you might be there.

Boudy

AI#97
07-30-2006, 10:15 PM
Buttoned up my few remaining items today. going over my last minute check list but the car might actually be ready on Sunday before instead of the Thursday before....well, it might actually have been ready to run Saturday morning. :wink:

Mike Bell
08-01-2006, 12:39 PM
OK, new dyno numbers - look out everyone:

HP - 190
TQ - 259

I'll be the black lump trying to get off of every apex and outta way of the freight train.

donovan
08-01-2006, 01:00 PM
What gives... you have done all the normal CMC Mods right?

Extrude hone the intake, Port & Polish the Heads, Larger Valves, Deck the block to -.005, Custom Cam, Custom Chip, Enlarge the TB...

Come on...

Mike Bell
08-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Ahh, the double D lev-i-teee!!!!

AI#97
08-01-2006, 01:25 PM

HP - 190
TQ - 259

I'll be the black lump trying to get off of every apex and outta way of the freight train.

Mike, bring that car to dallas and I will find a stock 4.6L mod motor to put in there and you will make 225/285 with the stock H pipe and cats installed. I think for around $2k, we could get the motor, wiring harness, tranny, driveshaft and necessary items to make it work. It would be quiet and civil and probably pretty damn competitive! With the cats still on we can get you an inspection sticker and you could even drive it on the street!!! :wink:

Mike Bell
08-01-2006, 01:29 PM

HP - 190
TQ - 259

Mike, bring that car to dallas and I will find a stock 4.6L mod motor to put in there and you will make 225/285 with the stock H pipe and cats installed. I think for around $2k, we could get the motor, wiring harness, tranny, driveshaft and necessary items to make it work. It would be quiet and civil and probably pretty damn competitive! With the cats still on we can get you an inspection sticker and you could even drive it on the street!!! :wink:

No thanks! Next helpful suggestion please?? ;)

See you at TWS, parked at the apex lap after agonizing lap lol.

Rob Liebbe
08-01-2006, 01:33 PM
I think those numbers look good - don't change a thing.

Now - where are my super duper brakes so Mike can't get going into those corners.

Mike Bell
08-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Oh no! Bruthah Rob, where's the love?? You can have the exit, just let me get alongside under braking, mmkay?? ;)

Look at it this way, I always wanted to try Spec Miata, now I get to try a SM powered car at CMC weight! Be afraid, be very very afraid..........

:shock:

Rob Liebbe
08-01-2006, 01:39 PM
you have private mail

jeffburch
08-01-2006, 01:47 PM

HP - 190
TQ - 259

No thanks! Next helpful suggestion please?? ;)

See you at TWS, parked at the apex lap after agonizing lap lol.
Have you driven a Shivy lately? :lol: :lol:

jb

Mike Bell
08-01-2006, 01:51 PM
LOL, nope. I'd have whiplash from that kind of powah!! Although it does sound tempting after my SBF fun of late.

After TWS, reman long block in my future. Then back to the Chris Marvel fountain of knowledge for "how to pass a faster car" lessons.

AI#97
08-01-2006, 02:13 PM
LOL, nope. I'd have whiplash from that kind of powah!! Although it does sound tempting after my SBF fun of late.

After TWS, reman long block in my future. Then back to the Chris Marvel fountain of knowledge for "how to pass a faster car" lessons.

I just hope Chris' fountain is empty this weekend! :wink:

jeffburch
08-01-2006, 02:15 PM
My money says the piece of paper with an 18 on it gets pulled outta the helmet.

Murphy's Law

jb

Mike Bell
08-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Yeah, put the group's $50 with the $50 I just pissed away on dyno pulls. But I agree with ya JB, Murphy has been riding my a$$ for years now.

My weekend in the barrel I guess. But I don't care. I just want to get back out to the track for some fun and BS'ing. After all the Hallett drama I hope we can all shake hands, smile and tell a few lies afterwards.

jeffburch
08-01-2006, 02:33 PM
Not groups money.
NASAtx's.
I was reinmbursed.

jb

donovan
08-01-2006, 02:37 PM
My weekend in the barrel I guess. But I don't care. I just want to get back out to the track for some fun and BS'ing. After all the Hallett drama I hope we can all shake hands, smile and tell a few lies afterwards.

Looking forward to it MB!

DD

michaelmosty
08-01-2006, 03:01 PM

HP - 190
TQ - 259

Holy shit. :? It seems like every time you put it on the dyno it drops ~10 hp.

Mike Bell
08-01-2006, 03:11 PM

HP - 190
TQ - 259

Holy shit. :? It seems like every time you put it on the dyno it drops ~10 hp.

LOL I know, it's a beautiful thing ain't it??? I can always unplug the TPS and pick up 5 HP again..............

POS motor, guess 180K mile shortblocks just aren't what they used to be hehehe. It'll be fun, I've always wanted to fight a hopeless battle against overwhelming odds heading uphill with one hand tied behind my back while I hop on my one remaining good leg.................somehow it makes it all more worthwhile. ;)

None of you CMC'rs want to finish behind me, the post-race cold drink conversation will be brutal lol.

donovan
08-01-2006, 03:19 PM
damn... or an AI car finishing behind you...

Mike Bell
08-01-2006, 03:43 PM

Nah, the AI gang has stepped it up quite nicely this year. I think you guys are safe on this go round, lol.

AI#97
08-01-2006, 03:51 PM

Nah, the AI gang has stepped it up quite nicely this year. I think you guys are safe on this go round, lol.

Well, I heard Marvel got lapped like 7 times in each race at Hallet.....don't count yourself short yet Mike!!! :wink:

jeffburch
08-01-2006, 07:04 PM
I'm hip to the one arm driving!

jb

cmarvel
08-02-2006, 06:00 PM
Well, I heard Marvel got lapped like 7 times in each race at Hallet.....don't count yourself short yet Mike!!! :wink:

Only on Sunday, and I still got more points than you :wink:

AI#97
08-02-2006, 06:57 PM
Only on Sunday, and I still got more points than you :wink:

For now big man....for now!!! :twisted: I am bringing it all to the track and leaving nothing on the table! Da Rookie is HUNGRY!!!! :twisted:

cmarvel
08-03-2006, 05:21 PM
You work on the smack talk, I am spending my time on visualization drills. I am currently re-running the 1:55.8 I ran when Richard's car had 228 HP and no aero. At an HPDE event.

AI#97
08-03-2006, 06:23 PM
You work on the smack talk, I am spending my time on visualization drills. I am currently re-running the 1:55.8 I ran when Richard's car had 228 HP and no aero. At an HPDE event.

Wow, then we probably ran about the same times.....I was running high 56's in the car last year when it was a street car (3450lbs no less)....and I know where I was leaving the time now! Only issue I have is breaking myself of the bad driving habits from raping that V6 car down there a few weeks ago! :oops:

I think if we keep it clean.....this is going to be a VERY good race weekend for the spectators!!!! 8)

jeffburch
08-03-2006, 07:01 PM
I didn't think you had a transponder then.

Mmm.

jb

AI#97
08-03-2006, 10:04 PM
I didn't think you had a transponder then.

Mmm.

jb

Had plenty of video though.....and a mosty brother in the car for a few runs....accurate? Not....close enough? Yep! That's why I said HIGH 56's! :lol:

I will just be happy to be out there running the car....I have had some serious withdrawal because I haven't really driven the car in anger since May!!!! :(

marshall_mosty
08-03-2006, 10:43 PM
I thought it was :58's when I was in the car with you... I could be mistaken as my old age is pushing 30...

I enjoyed the ride, as you went WAAAAY further than I have gone at TWS, but then again I've only driven it twice on street tires and old Hoosiers.

Boudy
08-04-2006, 07:20 AM
56's, 58's... They all run together.

Boudy

CMC17
08-04-2006, 07:33 AM
I caught a fish one time that was

<.................................> that big

wait.. no no

<.................................................. .> that's more like it!

Maybe it was a great white.. it's all a blur now. 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

AI#97
08-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Well, the 54.8's in qualifying this weekend atleast backed up my shit talking! :lol: I would have never lived that down had I not!!!! :P