PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Plot Irregularities

y5e06
01-26-2012, 01:00 PM
I was rechecking my dyno print out while getting ready for this weekend. I noticed what I thought was a few irregularities or roughness in the smoothed traces.
Does anyone think there are significant abnormalities going on here?
specifically,
Run#2 (blue) between 5K-5.5K
Run#2 between 2.5K-3K & 3.5K-4K
run#3 (red) between 2.5K-3K & 3.5K-4K
run #4 (green) between 4.7K-5.2K

I'll need to find and recheck my old runs to see if these dips occur in similar RPM ranges.
I didn't notice any odd behavior on the dyno although I wasn't the one in the driver's seat nor did the operator indicate he observed anything unusual.
Rev'ing the car in the driveway doesn't indicate much. So i guess I'll have to bring as much ignition related spares as I have just in case.

crossing my fingers.

mitchntx
01-26-2012, 04:07 PM
I was rechecking my dyno print out while getting ready for this weekend. I noticed what I thought was a few irregularities or roughness in the smoothed traces.
Does anyone think there are significant abnormalities going on here?
specifically,
Run#2 (blue) between 5K-5.5K
Run#2 between 2.5K-3K & 3.5K-4K
run#3 (red) between 2.5K-3K & 3.5K-4K
run #4 (green) between 4.7K-5.2K

I'll need to find and recheck my old runs to see if these dips occur in similar RPM ranges.
I didn't notice any odd behavior on the dyno although I wasn't the one in the driver's seat nor did the operator indicate he observed anything unusual.
Rev'ing the car in the driveway doesn't indicate much. So i guess I'll have to bring as much ignition related spares as I have just in case.

crossing my fingers.

At SpeedTech, there always seemed to be issues with electrical spikes.

Turned out to be the super thick spark plug wires and the worn out pick-up on the Dyno.

So there is now a #1 factory plug wire in my trailer used for dynos.

GlennCMC70
01-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Looks like valve springs.

Crumpacker
01-29-2012, 11:22 PM
So there is now a #1 factory plug wire in my trailer used for dynos.

Dyno plug wires, why didn't I think of that! ..that's alot easier than my 'dyno' spark plugs.