PDA

View Full Version : Feb 2012 Race Tech - How to submit Toyo Dollars Rebate forms.

GlennCMC70
02-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Since we have alot of new racers w/ us as well as verteran guys who don't normally fall into Toyo payouts (thanks Toyo for paying very deep into the field), I felt it was overdue for a "How To".

The Toyo contingency can be found here:
http://www.nasaproracing.com/contingency
The above link will have Regional Race and Regional Season Championship forms as well as National Championship forms (big $$$).
Complete the forms and have an Official sign them at the track or you can mail them to me and I will return them to you or forward them to Toyo - just let me know.
When the forms go to Toyo they need to be filled out completely. You need to do this as my hand gets tired after about the 2nd-3rd form and I see alot of these during and after each race. They also need to have an Official Race result for the race your submitting for. Results from the track can be marked "Official" and results from MyLaps.com are considered Official. When you print these results, please have them sorted by class first. To do this, click the link above "Best Speed" to the top right of the screen.
Once the results are printed, I like to highlight the class and the name and finish position of the person the results are for.
Mail the forms to Toyo to the adress listed at the bottom of the Toyo form. It will take about 4 weeks to get the Toyo Dollars back from Toyo. Please pay close attention to the expiration date on the Toyo Dollars. You have 120 days from the date the results are official to submit for them and the Toyo Dollars expire 90 days from date of issue.
I like to submit my forms a couple weeks prior to the 120 days from the first event and I will submit all results I have since the first event. This will maximize the amout of time you have to spend them. I normally only have to submit 2 times a year, 3 at most.

I'm sure some of you will have questions. Ask here, call me, PM me or Email me.

nasa-rm
02-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Thanks Glenn!!!

jdlingle
02-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Which races of the four each weekend is the Toyo race? It looks like there would have been one each day but I never looked so Im not sure how this stuff works.

Alien
02-09-2012, 07:59 PM
1st and 3rd.

Usually it's the ones following a qualifing session where the grid is based on qual times. Exception is Hallett, and that's usually race 1 (based on qual times) and 4 (the big long 'shootout' race).

GlennCMC70
02-09-2012, 08:18 PM
1st and 3rd.

Usually it's the ones following a qualifing session where the grid is based on qual times. Exception is Hallett, and that's usually race 1 (based on qual times) and 4 (the big long 'shootout' race).

Gary has it right.
Races where you qual for starting position are Toyo Races unless otherwise stated. Deviations from our standard 2 qual, 4 race weekends will result in a different payout plan. We will tell you. If not, be sure and ask.

Also - Races w/ appeals can always have the race results amended. So be aware.

jdlingle
02-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Cool. Thanks guys!

GlennCMC70
04-08-2013, 10:31 PM
Bouncing this one back to the top.
Staple the Toyo form to the results.
If you want me to mail them back to you or to Toyo, please put a stamp on the envelope you provided that is already addressed.
On that note, 4 sets of results and forms will not fit inside a single envelope. It will also take more than one stamp to cover the postage.

nasa-rm
04-09-2013, 05:39 PM
And a reminder, even if you finish in the $25 spot - turn it in!!!! It may not seem like much at the time, but if you get a couple every weekend that adds up to a free tire.

Pain in the butt sometimes yes, but this was the best way for Toyo to knock some $$ of each tire without having to get the dealers to verify eligibility, memberships, licenses, etc. They want the discount to go to racers who actually run the tire in competition and this was the easiest way to get it done.

Storm Trooper
04-09-2013, 09:46 PM
And a reminder, even if you finish in the $25 spot - turn it in!!!! It may not seem like much at the time, but if you get a couple every weekend that adds up to a free tire.

Pain in the butt sometimes yes, but this was the best way for Toyo to knock some $$ of each tire without having to get the dealers to verify eligibility, memberships, licenses, etc. They want the discount to go to racers who actually run the tire in competition and this was the easiest way to get it done.
Can we still send off if we earned from MSRH and Cresson?:-)

GlennCMC70
04-09-2013, 10:08 PM
You have 120 days from the day results are made official. Most of the time, that is 10-15 minutes after the race. I'll let you count the squares on the calender.