nasa-rm
02-10-2012, 12:10 PM
CBP'ers

http://nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=51986&p=346868#p346868

ShadowBolt
02-10-2012, 05:00 PM
CBP'ers

http://nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=51986&p=346868#p346868

So they lowered the half day price to $150.00. WOW! I bet they fill up now with that great deal.

Dave,

Word is we are running the whole track?

JJ

GlennCMC70
02-10-2012, 08:08 PM
So they lowered the half day price to $150.00. WOW! I bet they fill up now with that great deal.

Dave,

JJ

Man I hope not. I'll reconsider racing that weekend if we do. Seen way to many cars ripped up (floorpans) due to off's.

Casey_SS
02-10-2012, 11:17 PM
I thought TT was the only group running the 3.1...same as last year, right?

mitchntx
02-10-2012, 11:23 PM

Dave,

JJ

Really?

I would reconsider NOT running if the 3.1 is used.

First weekend the 3.1 was open a C5 stradled a curb and took off an oil pan.
That's the only incident I've heard about.

I think in the last 5 years, the curbing has been back-filled in the low spots.

I've run the 3.1 a lot and it's no worse than any other track.

michaelmosty
02-11-2012, 10:02 AM
I agree Jerry, it sounds like the previous owners of MSRH are running the test / tune with their pricing.

nasa-rm
02-11-2012, 06:04 PM
First, yes the 1/2 day is now an option and it's $150. Just FYI, this is a separate organization who has rented the track on Friday. As a favor to NASA, they have set aside time for our racers to get some test and tune. At first it was $250 for the whole day and I convinced Judy she'd get more at a lower price and offer a 1/2 day. So they did. So sign up so it'll pay off for them.

AFAIK, Cresson didn't do CBP unless you were a member or guest? At least this is how it was last year which I thought was funky. So I hope I did a good thing?

Don't worry - If we did the 3.1, the Thunder group (and Blitz?) would be the LAST to drive on it. There aren't enough of you to pay for it!!!! TT is kicking ass and will most likely have 40+ cars again and they like the 3.1 and can support it. So they'll be the lucky ones again.

If the 3.1 rips parts off you car, stay on the track (or.... So You Think You Can Stance?)! I've got people telling me they'd come race at Cresson if we ran the 3.1, but the 1.7 is boring so why bother. Funny - I have never raced on any track that is boring, any time i am driving flat out in a car every track is fun!! Spec Miata wanted to run CW, but I knew it would be fight with certain race groups who had only run it one way and it'd be tough to flipflop during the day, so I passed on it. Too each his own :). I personally thought the 3.1 was a freakin blast and I'd not hesitate to race on it. I also stood on the corner stations for some of the TT sessions and walked around and drove my BMW out to the bunkers. I saw no alligators or barbed wire.

If any AI/CMC'er wants to try the 3.1, let me know and we will find a way to squeeze you in.

nasa-rm
02-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Speaking of flip/flopping, I might as well tell you all now since I know most of you like the upper paddock.

Now that I have experienced it once, the paddock layout at MSRC made no sense and grid was a nightmare. I guess it was fine when you have <20 cars, but in order to fit the big groups we are rearranging. I have a map I will post, but all paddock spots will be located down the hill away from grid. Grid will take over the skid pad area. Tech/impound will be under the covered area at track exit where we can actually catch cars coming off track.

ShadowBolt
02-11-2012, 06:34 PM
First, yes the 1/2 day is now an option and it's $150. Just FYI, this is a separate organization who has rented the track on Friday. As a favor to NASA, they have set aside time for our racers to get some test and tune. At first it was $250 for the whole day and I convinced Judy she'd get more at a lower price and offer a 1/2 day. So they did. So sign up so it'll pay off for them.

AFAIK, Cresson didn't do CBP unless you were a member or guest? At least this is how it was last year which I thought was funky. So I hope I did a good thing?

Don't worry - If we did the 3.1, the Thunder group (and Blitz?) would be the LAST to drive on it. There aren't enough of you to pay for it!!!! TT is kicking ass and will most likely have 40+ cars again and they like the 3.1 and can support it. So they'll be the lucky ones again.

If the 3.1 rips parts off you car, stay on the track (or.... So You Think You Can Stance?)! I've got people telling me they'd come race at Cresson if we ran the 3.1, but the 1.7 is boring so why bother. Funny - I have never raced on any track that is boring, any time i am driving flat out in a car every track is fun!! Spec Miata wanted to run CW, but I knew it would be fight with certain race groups who had only run it one way and it'd be tough to flipflop during the day, so I passed on it. Too each his own :). I personally thought the 3.1 was a freakin blast and I'd not hesitate to race on it. I also stood on the corner stations for some of the TT sessions and walked around and drove my BMW out to the bunkers. I saw no alligators or barbed wire.

If any AI/CMC'er wants to try the 3.1, let me know and we will find a way to squeeze you in.

The 1.7 at Cresson is my favorite track (other than Hallett). I really like it better clockwise but either way is okay by me. Ricochet CW is a blast. I have only run the 3.1 once and it was years ago in my C6.

JJ

GlennCMC70
02-11-2012, 06:56 PM
I agree about keeping the car on track, but..... I would rather go 4 off and avoid another car than to think there will be less damage if I just stay on track and hope for the best. I have the same feelings about ECR. The new section of MSR-C and all of ECR has very few safe "4 off" areas. So it is notmy fault for going off, it is the tracks fault for not prep'ing the track like they should.

GlennCMC70
02-11-2012, 06:58 PM
I have also run MSR-C in both directions (wet and dry). I'm OK w/ one or the other. No so much w/ flip/flopping it during the weekend.

rleng1
02-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Would have hoped that they back-filled the curbing through rattlesnake. Cost me an oil pan last year.

David Love AI27
02-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Would have hoped that they back-filled the curbing through rattlesnake. Cost me an oil pan last year.

FYI... this is ROAD RACING, NOT Off Road Racing, that is another series altogether..

Sorry Brother, I couldn't resist...

edrock96GT
02-13-2012, 07:59 AM
...and your oil pans are cast aluminum. :D

kbrewmr2
02-13-2012, 01:55 PM
TTers braver than the CMC & AI crowd? What's the world coming to? :-p (just rattling some cages)

You guys are all welcome to run with us on the 3.1 if you'd like, here are the rough classing translations:
CMC - TTB
AI - TTS
AIX - TTU most likely, could be TTR if it has a ton of hp though (TTU limit is 5.50lb/hp adjusted)
And if you don't care what class you fit and just want to run, sign up for TTR (which is fully unlimited).

If you want to work through the classing and fit in the exact right class rather than use my conservative translations above, happy to do that as well. I'm here to help.

GlennCMC70
02-13-2012, 02:40 PM
No way in the world a CMC car is competitive in TTB. I'm not saying your wrong, but rather I know what can run in TTB and a CMC car would/should get its ass kicked.
I do think it is good to see guys run TT for whatever reason (seat time, testing....) and I would hope this would lead to some running PT (like TT but accuall w-2-w racing!)

kbrewmr2
02-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Its a conservative estimate like I said :) I think Wayne S. ran a couple events with his new car in TTC but had to run a little heavier than his CMC weight to be good on points to fit C, otherwise he was a couple over and got bumped up. Happy to work through the exact specifics on your car if you don't want to use my conservative estimates.

Same with AI, I worked through the specifics on Patterson's car and he was a handful of points outside of TTA. But AI hp/weight is well within TTS limits.

The break points don't fall in quite the same places between all the NASA rulesets unfortunately.

Rsmith350
03-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Hey so to get completely off topic....what are good places to stay around Cresson. Couldn't convince the girlfriend that staying in a race trailer on air mattresses was ok lol

ShadowBolt
03-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Hey so to get completely off topic....what are good places to stay around Cresson. Couldn't convince the girlfriend that staying in a race trailer on air mattresses was ok lol

At Mitch's house.

JJ

GlennCMC70
03-02-2012, 03:57 PM

There is a new hotel right across the street from the track. Otherwise, Granbury or Benbrook.

kbrewmr2
03-05-2012, 02:10 PM
http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55203

Best Western
9120 E Highway 377 (Directly Across from the Track)
Cresson, Texas, 76035-4389, US
Phone: 817/396-4480

I believe their MSRC rate is $79/night.

In addition to the Best Western, the Grandbury Quality Inn has an awesome rate setup for NASA.

She said they just remodeled last June.

Quality Inn and Suites
800 Harbor Lakes Drive
Granbury,TX 76048
817-573-4411

Call and talk to Terri directly. Their rate is $52.99 / night.

I prefer the Best Western across the street from the track though. Place is usually full of NASA people, and I'm sure there will be an impromptu gathering in the lobby to watch F1 stuff from Australia over the weekend.

Rsmith350
03-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Just booked a room, It's actually $69 a night for MSRC. Thanks!!!!!!!!

David Love AI27
03-06-2012, 12:26 AM
No way in the world a CMC car is competitive in TTB. I'm not saying your wrong, but rather I know what can run in TTB and a CMC car would/should get its ass kicked.
I do think it is good to see guys run TT for whatever reason (seat time, testing....) and I would hope this would lead to some running PT (like TT but accuall w-2-w racing!)

at least in TT I don't have to worry about some a$$ hat like you totaling my car