PDA

View Full Version : TWS Garages

nasa-rm
03-27-2012, 04:06 PM
TWS Garage Spots 13 through 36 anxiously awaiting your selection....

Wade
03-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the heads up! Registered!

jdlingle
03-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Thanks Dave! Im signed up.

Pranav
03-28-2012, 01:27 AM
I missed the option to pick a specific garage?

jdlingle
03-28-2012, 08:15 AM
I think it is just assigned later. All the CMC cars will be in our normal garage space. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. (As if I had to ask :D)

RichardP
03-28-2012, 08:37 AM
Is there a way to reserve a garage without signing up for the event? Dan wants to be part of the party but he is in Saudi and his connection to the world is spotty...

Richard P.

nasa-rm
03-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Is there a way to reserve a garage without signing up for the event? Dan wants to be part of the party but he is in Saudi and his connection to the world is spotty...

Richard P.

Done.

nasa-rm
03-28-2012, 09:33 AM
I missed the option to pick a specific garage?

Pranav, I'll put you in with the HPDE folks across the aisle from the CMC cars unless you tell me otherwise.

ShadowBolt
03-28-2012, 09:39 AM
I just signed up and added a garage.

JJ

smitty328
03-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Is there a comp school area, or do we just get a lean-to?

Fbody383
03-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Thanks, Dave. Those garages just aren't happy without a bunch of pony cars inside.

AllZWay
03-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Signed up also.....

BryanL
03-28-2012, 11:48 AM
What's the new deal at TWS about parking trailers between the garages? Camping in the trailer? Electricity? Haven't things changed since last year? I didn't run in August because I didn't want to see the Mustang Ranch dudes sunbathing in the pool.

GlennCMC70
03-28-2012, 12:15 PM
We also need to nip in the bud the deal w/ TWS charging $50 to park your car in the garage before 5pm even when that space is not being used at all for the TT day or others groups.
I cannot tall you how petty I thought it was for them to ask for $50 for a space that was going to be empty untill 5pm. All I did was push my car out and wait. Retarded.
Is there a Friday drop off fee as well? nickle and dime I tell ya, nickle and dime.....

Fbody383
03-28-2012, 01:19 PM
Don't forget to keep those fuel jugs separated... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2gTFBhQ7Ko)

nasa-rm
03-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Is there a comp school area, or do we just get a lean-to?

A lean-to? Heck no, how about F1 style garages, with catered lunches and massages? Or not.

If you are in comp school, I'll put you in with the people you'll be racing with.

nasa-rm
03-28-2012, 02:14 PM
We also need to nip in the bud the deal w/ TWS charging $50 to park your car in the garage before 5pm even when that space is not being used at all for the TT day or others groups.
I cannot tall you how petty I thought it was for them to ask for $50 for a space that was going to be empty untill 5pm. All I did was push my car out and wait. Retarded.
Is there a Friday drop off fee as well? nickle and dime I tell ya, nickle and dime.....

NASA owns the track on Friday and this should eliminate some of this. However, if you show up on Thursday... :)

We are doing some sort of Test and Tune (TBD) and of course some track time for comp school'ers. Anyone with a provisional license or "R"'s on their car may participate in the comp school sessions for no cost!!!

If I can get our act together we are running an enduro from 2PM - 5PM. Yes, if you want to test and tune during the enduro, that is fine - you just need to be fully suited up. Enduro is $150 as a supersize, and $199 as a standalone.

ShadowBolt
03-28-2012, 02:29 PM
My brother just did a Motorcycle track day at TWS last weekend. He had to lie and say he was just dropping off his trailer or you have to pay a fee to camp. This was Thursday night since the track days are on Friday and racing on Sat. and Sun. Last year they hit him for several different fees he had never paid in all the years he's been going there.

Also last year in August I heard (I was not there) if you had an RV it cost you $50.00 (or more) to get in and that's with no hook-ups! I pay $50.00 at Hallett for three nights with water and 50 AMP service. I don't mind paying but I want something for my money. I also heard different people with RV's were charged different amounts?

Dave,

Can you find out what the RV deal is for coming in Friday during the day? Also more info on the Enduro?

JJ

GlennCMC70
03-28-2012, 03:03 PM
NASA owns the track on Friday and this should eliminate some of this. However, if you show up on Thursday... :)

We are doing some sort of Test and Tune (TBD) and of course some track time for comp school'ers. Anyone with a provisional license or "R"'s on their car may participate in the comp school sessions for no cost!!!

If I can get our act together we are running an enduro from 2PM - 5PM. Yes, if you want to test and tune during the enduro, that is fine - you just need to be fully suited up. Enduro is $150 as a supersize, and $199 as a standalone.

Add me to the list of folks who can help w/ the comp school.
Enduro you say? 3hr? Kinda short. Any CMC guys wanna put a team together? Covini, you up for another woopin?

smitty328
03-28-2012, 03:28 PM
A lean-to? Heck no, how about F1 style garages, with catered lunches and massages? Or not.

If you are in comp school, I'll put you in with the people you'll be racing with.

Ok great, do I just pay for it online and you’ll assign it?

If the comp school gods somehow miss my total lack of driving skills and actually sign me off, then I’ll be racing in AI.

nasa-rm
03-28-2012, 04:32 PM
If the comp school gods somehow miss my total lack of driving skills and actually sign me off, then I’ll be racing in AI.

Considering 4 out of 4 comp school "teachers" are constant fixtures on this forum, I think you just hosed yourself :).

jdlingle
03-28-2012, 06:42 PM
1002Hate it when that happens!

smitty328
03-28-2012, 07:59 PM
I’m very proficient at hosing myself.

BryanL
03-28-2012, 09:14 PM
Ok great, do I just pay for it online and you’ll assign it?

I like this new guy. You should fit in well

But another AI guy? Guess we might have to come up with nicknames for them too.

Fbody383
03-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Guess we might have to come up with nicknames for them too.And a Walmart size bag of manties... (says the guy who knows all the grass outside turn 2)

nasa-rm
04-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Garage Map

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AjBDOVYhA7dZdEdKZUJNT3NXZUJhZXBTSFNfUF9FW lE&single=true&gid=0&output=pdf

BryanL
04-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Dave-I put a post on the Texas forum of nasa to throw me into #19. Also, since you have the track rented all 3 days is there still a drop off or camping fee? Can we still park our trailers in between the garages?

Guys-the garage is almost filled up and it isn't all us mulletheads. If you want a garage hurry up and register.

Yeah-that's right-I'm coming and I'm bringing my big bag of excuses along with a cooler of BL!

smitty328
04-10-2012, 10:56 AM
I like this new guy. You should fit in well

Please remember this when referring to the dumb a$$ in the white Boss that was in everybody's way.

nasa-rm
04-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Dave-I put a post on the Texas forum of nasa to throw me into #19. Also, since you have the track rented all 3 days is there still a drop off or camping fee? Can we still park our trailers in between the garages?

Guys-the garage is almost filled up and it isn't all us mulletheads. If you want a garage hurry up and register.

Yeah-that's right-I'm coming and I'm bringing my big bag of excuses along with a cooler of BL!

There will be a drop off fee (I assume) if you come in on Thursday night. Since we have the track all day Friday, no fee. Yay!!! I can't see a lot of people coming in Thursday night since we don't plan to start until noon on Friday.

Of course, regardless of what day you come in, if you have an RV or something it looks like you can sleep in TWS will be looking for you to pay the camping fee. I am not a fan of that, but whatever the track needs to do to stay open is their call. If anyone is bringing the RV and you are getting charged, you might as well pay the extra $10 (I think) and get a 30A hookup, water and sewer.

On the excuses, I noticed that the more BL you have the better the excuses get!

rleng1
04-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Great. At least I don't have to go far to get Franics to sign my body contact form.

Fbody383
04-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Great. At least I don't have to go far to get Franics to sign my body contact form.Not this event... still gotta lay low. Maybe I'll have sumpin' for ya at Hallett.

I might even test on Friday...

ShadowBolt
04-10-2012, 03:05 PM
There will be a drop off fee (I assume) if you come in on Thursday night. Since we have the track all day Friday, no fee. Yay!!! I can't see a lot of people coming in Thursday night since we don't plan to start until noon on Friday.

Of course, regardless of what day you come in, if you have an RV or something it looks like you can sleep in TWS will be looking for you to pay the camping fee. I am not a fan of that, but whatever the track needs to do to stay open is their call. If anyone is bringing the RV and you are getting charged, you might as well pay the extra $10 (I think) and get a 30A hookup, water and sewer.

On the excuses, I noticed that the more BL you have the better the excuses get!

I don't mind paying for the camping hookups but I have not seen where they are located and someone told me they are not near the garages. With the price of fuel I really would rather pay for a hook-up but if it's not close to my garage I will make my own power and help pay Randy, Al, and Todd's entry fees.

JJ

BryanL
04-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Please remember this when referring to the dumb a$$ in the white Boss that was in everybody's way.

I guess you will be starting at the back of the entire AI/CMC Field and not have the CMC guys right behind you??? In that case you don't have too worry as much about stalling the car on the start or spinning to a dead stop in the first few turns of the first lap. Glad to you have out there.

Dave-isn't everyone better at everything the more BL they have?...you just didn't stay up late enough to see the inaugural Z50/Hutch slalom event did you?