PDA

View Full Version : TWS Friday Enduro

nasa-rm
03-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Here's more detail on the Friday enduro.....

2PM - 5PM. Yeah, kind of short - but we need to restart somewhere.

If you plan on running for Endurance Season Points, the entry is $195. Full compliance on fueling and the endurance rules will be expected. This race will be the first of 3 in the 2012 series. We will have a second during the ECR weekend (Sunday afternoon?) and then on Friday for the November NOLA event.

If you plan on running just as test and tune, the entry is $150. You may come and go on the track as you wish. Of course, full gear is needed as is a comp license.

ShadowBolt
03-30-2012, 10:14 AM

If you plan on running for Endurance Season Points, the entry is $195. Full compliance on fueling and the endurance rules will be expected. This race will be the first of 3 in the 2012 series. We will have a second during the ECR weekend (Sunday afternoon?) and then on Friday for the November NOLA event.

If you plan on running just as test and tune, the entry is $150. You may come and go on the track as you wish. Of course, full gear is needed as is a comp license.

I should have kept the 888's I had. I would really like to do this for the seat time but how much will it cost in RA1 money?
Anyone have an idea?
JJ

GlennCMC70
03-30-2012, 10:20 AM
I would love to kick everyone ass again.
Bring it!

I figured I could get over 8hrs on a set of full treads before the rights would need to be changed.

kbrewmr2
03-30-2012, 10:45 AM
availible to help as crew, or co-drive. I've blown up one too many Hoosiers to drive my own car though, heh.

nasa-rm
03-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Entry fee for full points endurance is lowered $175 until week of event.

ShadowBolt
03-30-2012, 12:28 PM
I would love to kick everyone ass again.
Bring it!

I figured I could get over 8hrs on a set of full treads before the rights would need to be changed.

Glenn,
On the Mustang the left front is an issue. Since we have to run so much negative camber three hours would cord the inside of the left front (or be damn close to it). We have to rotate and flip the tire more often then you do (if you have to at all).
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
JJ

AllZWay
03-30-2012, 01:01 PM
I have a full set of 888's for the cause... if I get to drive too.

GlennCMC70
03-30-2012, 01:07 PM
I have a full set of 888's for the cause... if I get to drive too.

Perfect.
Now all we need is Mike to pay for fuel.
I have a new set of pads ready to install.

RichardP
03-30-2012, 02:04 PM
Glenn,
On the Mustang the left front is an issue. Since we have to run so much negative camber three hours would cord the inside of the left front (or be damn close to it). We have to rotate and flip the tire more often then you do (if you have to at all).
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Or you could pull a little negative camber out of the left front...

Richard P.

GlennCMC70
04-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Perfect.
Now all we need is Mike to pay for fuel.
I have a new set of pads ready to install.

I'm out.
James, you and Mike should get together and do it in your car. I'll crew for ya if you do.

Rsmith350
04-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Speaking of tires..... Does anyone have any 17" tires that are corded or just done. I just need four. I figure if a couple people have one they could bring it won't take up too much valuable trailer space. Well.... Except for when I let Francis know he's hauling them back to Pearland for me :)

edrock96GT
04-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Speaking of tires..... Does anyone have any 17" tires that are corded or just done. I just need four. I figure if a couple people have one they could bring it won't take up too much valuable trailer space. Well.... Except for when I let Francis know he's hauling them back to Pearland for me :)

Just any tires or RA1s?

Fbody383
04-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Speaking of tires...We'll get them back one way or another...

rpoz27
04-04-2012, 05:26 PM

Matt has some hoosiers he is about to pay to get rid of that you can have

Has a couple trailer tires too. 15" good tires. Just old

Rsmith350
04-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Need 17's, any condition as long as they hold air. There's a set of rims coming back as well Dave :) oh, yeah.....by the way....do you mind hauling some stuff back from TWS for me?

Rsmith350
04-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Matt has some hoosiers he is about to pay to get rid of that you can have

Has a couple trailer tires too. 15" good tires. Just old

If he has a set of four that would be great! Don't care what they are. Just need to fit and hold the car up.

rpoz27
04-05-2012, 09:19 AM
If he has a set of four that would be great! Don't care what they are. Just need to fit and hold the car up.

pretty sure there are 4. Just let us know if we should bring them to the track. they are just taking up space in the shop and don't want to pay $12 just to get rid of them.

Rsmith350
04-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Ill take them, thank you!!!

David Love AI27
04-05-2012, 11:50 PM
Jason and I are looking for a partner....only condition is someone who can fish out foam in a stock fuel tank... we have at least 20 tires including a set of full treads in case of rain... plus some old sets of pads... really don't need brakes for TWS...

Rob Liebbe
04-06-2012, 07:56 AM
Jason and I are looking for a partner....only condition is someone who can fish out foam in a stock fuel tank... we have at least 20 tires including a set of full treads in case of rain... plus some old sets of pads... really don't need brakes for TWS...

Better include ..."Someone skinny enough to fit into the size 2 seat in your car."

edrock96GT
04-06-2012, 11:54 AM

Hmm... interesting...

HoustonNW
04-09-2012, 09:20 PM
I want to play with spring rates but am not 100% comfortable possibly getting in the way during the enduro. However if I could get some actual lap times to compare the different spring rates that might make me a lot more interested. Would it be possible to get my lap times immediately?

Wade
04-10-2012, 07:44 AM
Wayne, Just have a friend monitor your times using the Race Monitor app on your iphone. Or, use that fancy new Stack gauge thingy on your dash. Doesn't it do lap times?

Rsmith350
04-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Wayne, Just have a friend monitor your times using the Race Monitor app on your iphone. Or, use that fancy new Stack gauge thingy on your dash. Doesn't it do lap times?

Just downloaded "Harry's lap timer" on my IPhone. This thing is freakin amazing with everything it does. Traqmate who?!

AllZWay
04-10-2012, 03:37 PM
I was told it is pretty cool, just not 100% accurate because of the delay compared to something like a traqmate, but still supposed to be pretty good.

Rsmith350
04-11-2012, 09:27 AM
I was told it is pretty cool, just not 100% accurate because of the delay compared to something like a traqmate, but still supposed to be pretty good.

With attaching the GPS receiver total investment is like $150 and is as accurate as anything on the market. Look into it. The software will do alot. The IPhone 4 made all the difference with the GPS receiver accuracy.

cobra132
04-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Alright, I signed up for the enduro and racing. I am still sorting the car and will not have a dyno, unless I can get one at the track. (Does anyone know if that dyno is accurate?) I will try to ironman the enduro in ES and I will need 3 helpers to run the fuel rig and fire extinguisher. Let me know if you can help. I can run AI or AIX for the race group, whatever everyone is comfortable with. I can tell you my times at TWS during the Track Guys event were not impressive. FMR

HoustonNW
04-11-2012, 10:19 AM

The Race Monitor app should work. The Stack uses a beacon and the range is not impressive.

Wade
04-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Frank, The dyno left TWS a few months ago when Josh Hough closed up and went back to Florida. Better plan to go elsewhere if you have time.

jeffburch
04-11-2012, 04:08 PM

http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/gomer_pyle_usmc-show.jpg

Gol-lee Sargent Carter! How do ya reckon that stuff hasn't melted in thare all these years?

jb

rpoz27
04-12-2012, 10:34 AM

Rock auto.com sells tanks for 138 bucks......

BlueFirePony
04-12-2012, 11:28 AM
The IPhone 4 made all the difference with the GPS receiver accuracy.
Actually the iPhone3 was/is just as accurate a receiver as the I4 but due to licensing/regulations it was not allowed to recieve from more than 3 satellites (still isn't AFAIK). I did some dev work several years ago when the 3GS came out (the phone I currently use) and I was able to hack it to get up to 10 satellites and it was VERY accurate. Just getting back into iPhone dev <shudder> recently as we are planning to launch at least one of our next titles on the iPhone along with Windows Phone (and maybe Android, we'll see).

kbrewmr2
04-12-2012, 11:58 AM
you aren't using your TM very well if the phone-based stuff is giving you the same amount of info.

DL - if there are more setbacks in getting the MR2 back running I'd be down for partnering. I need to scratch my racing itch, and time trialing the backup MR2 isn't getting it done.

David Love AI27
04-13-2012, 03:02 PM
http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/jeffburch/gomer_pyle_usmc-show.jpg

gol-lee sargent carter! How do ya reckon that stuff hasn't melted in thare all these years?

Jb

dude!?!?

David Love AI27
04-13-2012, 03:03 PM
you aren't using your TM very well if the phone-based stuff is giving you the same amount of info.

DL - if there are more setbacks in getting the MR2 back running I'd be down for partnering. I need to scratch my racing itch, and time trialing the backup MR2 isn't getting it done.

Lemme know... I'm gonna work on the car this weekend... I'll be grid master the following weekend so my time is limited..

BlueFirePony
04-14-2012, 12:01 AM
Hmm... interesting...
If you wanna win the enduro, give Eddie a shot. I gotta believe he'd kick but in an enduro in our cars...he's so damn smooth I bet he gets great mileage, easy wear on tires and brakes.

kbrewmr2
04-18-2012, 01:03 PM
availible as crew for you David, but race car is supposedly fixed. Will have a good test on Sunday (autox, blech, but will see if it runs ok under load at least).

And if David doesn't need me I'll crew for anyone else that asks :)

ShadowBolt
04-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Anyone know who all is signed up for the enduro?

JJ

David Love AI27
04-18-2012, 09:59 PM

JJ

I plan to but have not signed up yet... Jason can't get off of work so I plan to ironman it... looking for crew for fuel only..

smitty328
04-19-2012, 08:19 AM
I can’t imagine anyone letting me drive their car right out of comp school (or if I would even be allowed to) but I’ll be there. So if anyone needs any help during the enduro, I’d love to help out in some way.

cobra132
04-19-2012, 02:01 PM
I still volunteers to work my fuel rig if anyone is interested. Its over the top cool. Frank

kbrewmr2
04-19-2012, 02:41 PM

JJ

new mgt posts stuff on the National NASA site :)

entry list here for ex (updated today to boot!)
http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=56270

looks like 13 so far for the enduro, and I'm sure more entries are on the way too...

BryanL
04-19-2012, 04:06 PM
I can’t imagine anyone letting me drive their car right out of comp school (or if I would even be allowed to) but I’ll be there. So if anyone needs any help during the enduro, I’d love to help out in some way.

I think you would be allowed if you pass comp school. The real question is would you let me drive your car?

edrock96GT
04-19-2012, 04:27 PM
I may stick around and help with the enduro.

RichardP
04-19-2012, 07:01 PM
looks like 13 so far for the enduro, and I'm sure more entries are on the way too...

I wouldn't take too much stock in the numbers for the enduro. Dan signed up for test and tune which is being run at the same time. He's on the list but he certainly isn't "racing." I have no clue how many on that list are going to take the green flag and try and make it to the checkered...

Richard P.

smitty328
04-19-2012, 10:26 PM
I think you would be allowed if you pass comp school. The real question is would you let me drive your car?

Good question. :) I’m still trying to convince myself to let me race it.

I never should have watched that year end video

MPHoldway
04-19-2012, 10:38 PM
I never should have watched that year end video

Hehe....famous words of new AI/CMC racers :cool: If I had a nickel for every time I've said it...

Fbody383
04-20-2012, 09:31 AM
I never should have watched that year end video Ahh... AI/CMC crack... gets them every time...

kbrewmr2
04-20-2012, 11:42 AM
I wouldn't take too much stock in the numbers for the enduro. Dan signed up for test and tune which is being run at the same time. He's on the list but he certainly isn't "racing." I have no clue how many on that list are going to take the green flag and try and make it to the checkered...

Richard P.

from a pure finiancial viability of the event thing doesn't really matter a paid entry is a paid entry if they do 1 lap to test or run the whole time.

And a week or so out for more to come in as well.

Negative Nancy :p

Fbody383
04-20-2012, 01:00 PM
I still volunteers to work my fuel rig if anyone is interested. Its over the top cool. FrankDoc, I'm planning to be there all day; still unsure on "testing" myself. Be glad to help if I can; if you NEED a person, I can lean that way.

ShadowBolt
04-20-2012, 04:19 PM
I still volunteers to work my fuel rig if anyone is interested. Its over the top cool. Frank

If I can't find a way to run the enduro (and it looks like the deal I had has fallen through) I will be glad to help you.

Jerry

Rsmith350
04-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Got my schedule today, looks like I can help anyone that needs it.

David Love AI27
04-22-2012, 02:15 AM
I signed up but the rules say I have to have two drivers... where do I register my other driver? I need two crew members for fueling

Rsmith350
04-22-2012, 10:33 AM
I signed up but the rules say I have to have two drivers... where do I register my other driver? I need two crew members for fueling

I can help with fueling, someone have a suit I can borrow?

rleng1
04-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Signed up for the enduro as well. May need some fueling volunteers or I'll just drive over to the Sunoco pumps.
Thanks for any who want to participate.

If anyone is intersted in driving as well, let me know.
Thanks.

AllZWay
04-23-2012, 08:36 AM
I will help when I get there, but I may not get there in time to do much helping. I don't think I will get there until around 2-3.

ShadowBolt
04-23-2012, 09:31 AM

Dave,

What time is test and tune? I don't want to run all day (I started to say I don't "need" to run all day but that would have been a lie). Any way we can get two hours or so at a reduced rate? I don't think jay will be able to even get to the track until 2 or 3 PM.

JJ

rleng1
04-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Thanks James. The enduro is from 2-5pm, if you would like to drive for an hour or so.

jdlingle
04-23-2012, 02:20 PM
I dont know what my work schedule is going to be like so I dont want to get anybodys hopes up with an offer to help. But if I make it to the track on time Friday I will gladly help out any of the CMC guys runing the enduro.

David Love AI27
04-23-2012, 03:39 PM
I dont know what my work schedule is going to be like so I dont want to get anybodys hopes up with an offer to help. But if I make it to the track on time Friday I will gladly help out any of the CMC guys runing the enduro.

I need some help... I have a spare drivers suit for fueler...

cobra132
04-24-2012, 08:15 AM
Does anyone know if and what time the gates at TWS will be open on Thursday? FMR

Fbody383
04-24-2012, 10:26 AM
I can help with fueling, someone have a suit I can borrow?I can loan you mine... I told Dr. Frank if my son wants to come to the races i won't be able to leave the house until after 2:00pm.

Waco Racer
04-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Does anyone know if and what time the gates at TWS will be open on Thursday? FMR

I'm waiting on TWS to call me back. I have the same question.

Waco Racer
04-24-2012, 10:48 AM

That rule is being waved for this race.

Rsmith350
04-24-2012, 11:48 AM
I can loan you mine... I told Dr. Frank if my son wants to come to the races i won't be able to leave the house until after 2:00pm.

Love is bringing some extras, I gotta see if I'm gonna have time. I'm on my own in tech this weekend.

David Love AI27
04-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Love is bringing some extras, I gotta see if I'm gonna have time. I'm on my own in tech this weekend.

I am bringing a couple of extra suits two are single layer so I need to check the rules again and see if they are legal... Also, I have a friend that races SCCA and is a cornerworker who would be interested in doing Tech... He asked me about it over the weekend. he will be there sat and sun cornerworking...

David Love AI27
04-24-2012, 02:00 PM
That rule is being waved for this race.

I also states in the rules that CMC1 is in E2... is that correct?

nasa-rm
04-24-2012, 02:05 PM

6PM to 10PM on Thursday. I have pre-paid everyone's drop off fee, so there should not be the $15 charge.

Still have to pay the $30 camping fee if you're bringing in an RV.

David Love AI27
04-24-2012, 02:50 PM
6PM to 10PM on Friday. I have pre-paid everyone's drop off fee, so there should not be the $15 charge.

Still have to pay the $30 camping fee if you're bringing in an RV.

I'm sure you ment Thurs... right?

rleng1
04-24-2012, 03:26 PM
When can we stage into the hot pit area for the enduro?

nasa-rm
04-24-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm sure you ment Thurs... right?

Uhhhh yeah. Thursday. Ooops. Friday the gate is open from 6AM - 10PM.

nasa-rm
04-24-2012, 03:37 PM
When can we stage into the hot pit area for the enduro?

Anytime after 12PM would be fine.

rleng1
04-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Dave, when and here will we have the Enduro drivers meeting?

Waco Racer
04-25-2012, 12:28 PM
I also states in the rules that CMC1 is in E2... is that correct?

If that's the base class you are using. Please provide a copy of the rules.

rleng1
04-25-2012, 04:56 PM
I entered E1 based on legacy CMC2 mapping. What should be the correct class based on 2012 CMC class?

BryanL
04-25-2012, 08:34 PM
I entered E1 based on legacy CMC2 mapping. What should be the correct class based on 2012 CMC class?

Class win will be to easy. We are going for the overall

rleng1
04-25-2012, 08:57 PM
It'll be all you, babe.

David Love AI27
04-26-2012, 12:44 AM
Class win will be to easy. We are going for the overall

No outta class racin' or I will protest your a$$... you and Dan are in E1..,. I am in E2 according to the rules, so stay out of my way... just sayin'...

David Love AI27
04-26-2012, 12:45 AM
Nevermind

ShadowBolt
04-26-2012, 07:20 AM
Nevermind

Jay, Sam and I are going to run the enduro. I'm helping Dr. Frank fuel his car so I'm going to drive the first hour and then as long as we don't all pit at the same time we should be good. Randy, BL, Jay, Sam and myself will help each other fuel Randy's, Frank's, and our car. I need fuel jugs. The modified type for filling fast. Can I borrow two?

I have never looked into this type racing so where do I find the rules? What class do we run? Is DL correct above......E1?

JJ

rleng1
04-26-2012, 07:31 AM
Very cool. We can manage all that. Rules say that you need a 5 lb fire ext, 5 lb oil absorbent, catch pan for refueling, and 2 gals water in each pit. I have all of that for one pit. We can use one pit, but only refuel one car at a time. Good thing.
I would suggest that we get at least 2 pits together. So whoever gets there early may want to get a couple of pits.
You can refuel and change drivers but no other work is allowed while refueling.
Where is Mitch when you need him?

rleng1
04-26-2012, 07:33 AM
Rules are on the NASA Pro Racing web site, under Rules.

ShadowBolt
04-26-2012, 07:49 AM
Very cool. We can manage all that. Rules say that you need a 5 lb fire ext, 5 lb oil absorbent, catch pan for refueling, and 2 gals water in each pit. I have all of that for one pit. We can use one pit, but only refuel one car at a time. Good thing.
I would suggest that we get at least 2 pits together. So whoever gets there early may want to get a couple of pits.

Thanks Randy. We will need to pit together. I will be leaving Georgetown around 8 tomorrow. Is there anything else that we need that I can provide?
What about a pad to soak up the spilled fuel? I know Glenn used something like this in the past. I will be glad to get one if we need it.

JJ

David Love AI27
04-26-2012, 09:26 AM
I have a bunch of old carpet... I'll bring enough for everybody..

ShadowBolt
04-26-2012, 09:36 AM
I have a bunch of old carpet... I'll bring enough for everybody..

Thanks Dave.

JJ

BryanL
04-26-2012, 11:06 AM

Yeah Mitch? Since I'm arriving during the Enduro and taking the last stint in Randy's car I could use Mitch to valet my rig upon my arrival, get the car unloaded and swap the front shocks/springs.

rleng1
04-26-2012, 03:43 PM
I have a metal oil pan lined with oil absorbent material for re-fueling. I think I'm going to dress leinert up as an old time gas station attendent attire where you run over a bell hose, and he comes running out and cleans your windshield.
Definelty need to coordinate pit stops.
jerry, you got radios?