PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 4V cobra short block or equivalent.

edrock96GT
04-30-2012, 10:28 AM
I was going to put in a solid effort for points this year and run a partial schedule next year but my problems on Saturday made me decide to do it the other way around.

I'm looking for a cobra short block (have plans for the crank) or something similar. Teksid or non teksid, either is fine. I'll even take just a bare block or a '05-10 GT if that's all I can get. I'd rather have a 3rd engine to work with before I gut my daily driver. :D

Thanks.

cobra132
04-30-2012, 11:55 PM
Check out pick-n-pull or equivalent, I have found teksid blocks without much difficulty. Remember they are in 96 to 98 cobras and 93 to 98 Lin Mark VIII's. If you can't find what you are looking for let me know and I will check in SA. FMR

edrock96GT
05-01-2012, 08:04 AM
If you find anything in SA let me know. I've searched places around here but it's kind of a small town...

rpoz27
05-01-2012, 10:12 AM
I have a spare teksid block ready for machining I'd let go for $350. I also will be taking the heads off my car later this year and they will be for sale. Let me know what your plans are. I also have a set of really light forged stock stroke rods I'd let go for $200....never used. Also have a set of B 4V heads I would give you to get them out of my cabinets...with valve covers and 4V timing cover for teksid or romeo blocks.

<----cleaning out shop.

GlennCMC70
05-01-2012, 03:30 PM
I have a spare teksid block ready for machining I'd let go for $350. I also will be taking the heads off my car later this year and they will be for sale. Let me know what your plans are. I also have a set of really light forged stock stroke rods I'd let go for $200....never used. Also have a set of B 4V heads I would give you to get them out of my cabinets...with valve covers and 4V timing cover for teksid or romeo blocks.

<----cleaning out shop.

Matt - why don't you ask Jeff to activate your old user ID?

rpoz27
05-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Matt - why don't you ask Jeff to activate your old user ID?

eh...easier to remain quiet.

also, ed....you could make money on this deal...

http://collegestation.craigslist.org/cto/2979515521.html