PDA

View Full Version : almost ready for Hallett

ShadowBolt
05-13-2012, 05:27 PM
Engine is back in and sounds good. New left rear axle assy. and rear brake pads. New rotors on the front. Need a new radiator and she will be ready to load up.

JJ

rleng1
05-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Heads off and at machine shop. Replaced rear wheel studs. Ordered new radiator, alternator, plugs and wires, and lifters and trays. Rear brake pads were busted. Probably reason for wheel hop and chatter under braking. You think Proctor and Leinert?

Fbody383
05-15-2012, 09:21 AM
new "spare" on the stand getting a look over. old-n-busted out of the car. broke the steam tube nipple off the radiator taking the engine - can I JB weld that back or just pick up a new radiator?

So new engine and fresh transmission rebuild for Hallett... sounds like a big bite.

michaelmosty
05-15-2012, 11:44 AM
Car now has fresh paint, decals are ordered, tires have been flipped, and car has been nut/bolted. I gutted the new passenger door and got 13 lbs out so need to add a little ballast.
Just need to bleed the brakes and check toe / camber. Also, she needs a good wash and wax.
I can't wait for Hallett, missing an event feels like it been at eternity since last at the track!! Looking forward to a 30+ car field of excitement!! :^)

AllZWay
05-15-2012, 01:21 PM
I have been prepping my car. Changed rear gear oil.... I had a leak at TWS and found the vent was missing and fluid blowing out of it. It started after R3..

While working on the rear end... I noticed my torque arm bolts had loosened at the rear end and I was about to lose the nuts. I also found a rear shock that the eye bolt had an issue that I had to fix.

I have already changed the engine oil, brake fluid, and clutch fluid and added some purple ice to the coolant.

But I still need to bleed the brakes, repair my radiator airbox that came apart at the last event, flip tires and mount a couple of new ones, and install new pads and rotors on the front of the car.

I don't have a ton left to do, but I don't have much time left to get it done.

David Love AI27
05-15-2012, 03:27 PM
I was about to lose the nuts.

DON'T LOSE YOUR NUTS!!!!

I lose my mind a few years ago but I couldn't imagine losing my nuts... (Thats a lie, I lose my nuts all the time, ask anyone who has been in my shop, loose nuts everywhere)

y5e06
05-15-2012, 03:38 PM
I am ordering tires.
will get new pads soon.
other than that, I have another dead car currently in my working bay so once that is fixed i can start on #95.

Storm Trooper
05-15-2012, 05:22 PM
If you need any help let me know I also have a lot of lt 1 parts.
Sean

Al Fernandez
05-16-2012, 09:41 PM
James, you might want to pull that torque arm and make sure it hasnt cracked. If you run them with the nuts loose they can enlarge the bolt holes or start cracking from the hole towards the web of the arm. Either way, no es bueno.

AllZWay
05-17-2012, 08:21 AM
James, you might want to pull that torque arm and make sure it hasnt cracked. If you run them with the nuts loose they can enlarge the bolt holes or start cracking from the hole towards the web of the arm. Either way, no es bueno.

The holes were slighly enlarged, so I put large washers with lock washers before retightening them. I didn't see any cracks though.

Daniel Allford
05-17-2012, 08:30 AM
1026Installed a new fuel cell, the old one was about to go out of date. It also had a rotten, kinked pick up hose. So it wont cough for you again James.:) We will test at Cresson this weekend.
Dan #82

GlennCMC70
05-17-2012, 08:39 AM
I may stop by Dan.

AllZWay
05-17-2012, 12:57 PM
I knew you would do something before Hallett.... crap.....crap... crap...

Cody Powell
05-17-2012, 06:53 PM
Lets see, we need an engine, transmission, rear end, k-member, all the brake lines, all the wiring, radiator, dashboard, basically all we have is a tub with a cage. And this is my car for next weekends race. Piece of cake

AllZWay
05-18-2012, 08:57 AM
Lets see, we need an engine, transmission, rear end, k-member, all the brake lines, all the wiring, radiator, dashboard, basically all we have is a tub with a cage. And this is my car for next weekends race. Piece of cake

Dude... You better get that crap together for Hallett.

BryanL
05-18-2012, 09:40 AM
On his 4th post he is already talking trash. I like it!

michaelmosty
05-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Dang Cody. Did you have an issue with your old car or is this one just a new build?

Cody Powell
05-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Wrong post

Cody Powell
05-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Dang Cody. Did you have an issue with your old car or is this one just a new build?

I Michael Mosty'ed my engine at our last race so we decided to take the red car down to the tub for nationals.
That thing is a pig.

Daniel Allford
05-21-2012, 12:30 PM
The new fuel cell solved our fuel starvation issues.
Lets go racing.
Dan #82

TJ Bain
05-27-2012, 04:00 PM
The new fuel cell solved our fuel starvation issues.
Lets go racing.
Dan #82

Do you have a cover for the cell other then the picture you posted? You need a sealed bulkhead of some sort to seperate it from the driver compartment.

marshall_mosty
05-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Basically have a long block sitting on the stand. If Trina goes to work tomorrow, I'm going to haul the kiddos to the shop for some work. Gonna try and get the engine in the car. Need to pull the chip that will no longer be required to put down a smoking 300/307 for an AI motor!! Woohoo!!

Need to put in a prop valve for the rear brakes to help solve the bias issues from the FR system.

Then just need to clean the car, flip tires. Mount some new tires.. Maybe install some flares if I have time to get closer to the AI track width 74.5". About 5 inches away in the rear right now...

No prob...

Fbody383
05-29-2012, 10:09 AM
Basically have a long block sitting on the stand.Wow, how are you EVAR going to get it done in time??? :confused:

I've got the engine/tranny/k-member sitting on moving dollies ready to go back under the car. "New" longblock that I hope/think/expect to run.

I like the old gas 'em, load 'em, and race 'em approach much better.

y5e06
05-29-2012, 11:05 AM
I put new brake pads on the rear, bled all lines, stacked a set of new race rubber in the garage awaiting their trip to the tire shop.
Also flushed the rad.
Still a list of things to do. getting distracted on the weekends with more leisurly activities than working in the garage.
oh, also threw a can of R134a into the Tahoe as the system was getting quite warm. I wanna be calm, COOL, and collected when I arrive...

marshall_mosty
05-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Entry List as of 29-May-12 (12:00pm)

American Iron Extreme
Michael Stacy

American Iron
Jim Dulaney
Marshall Mosty
Frank Robertson
Mark Smith
Shawn Taylor

CMC
Daniel Allford
Jerry Jordan
David Love
Michael Mosty
Kent Owens
Cody Powell
James Proctor
Ryan Rahjes
Gary Robertson
Wayne Stehle

Anyone else???

rleng1
05-29-2012, 12:41 PM
Got the motor back together. I will be there. Will sign up today.

Fbody383
05-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Anyone else???Should know in a day or so whether I'll be coming with a car or not.

Tilton
05-29-2012, 01:03 PM
I am planning on going, will sign up soon.

Put the new radiator in the car last night. Lots left to do.

rleng1
05-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Where are the rookies? Rookies have to get their stripes at hallet to be ROTY.

GlennCMC70
05-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Get signed up guys!
I'm planning to pick-up the awards tomorrow for the "Summer Shoot-out" and I think you guys are going to like them!

Wade
05-30-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm signed up and will be there. Some motor issues showed themselves up while changing the oil last Sunday, so the presence of the car is to-be-determined. I'd say 50% chance as of today.

David Love AI27
05-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Pulling "tired" motor tonight... we will see what happens... Might be bringing the "Neon of Doom" for TT..

Daniel Allford
05-31-2012, 03:59 PM
Cover Installed!
Lets go Racing
Dan #82

Al Fernandez
05-31-2012, 04:10 PM
Good job there Dan!

Get registered you slackers!! According to the nasa reg table, as of 4:00pm Thursday:
14 CMC cars registered from three regions, plus 7 AI/AIX cars.
CMC:
Dan Allford
Tim Bennett
Joe Bogetich
Morgan Dawdy
Randy English
Jerry Jordan
David Love
Michael Mosty
Kent Owens
Cody Powell
James Proctor
Ryan Rahjes
Gary Robertson
Wayne Stehle

AI/X
Jim Dulaney
Casey Holdway
Marshall Mosty
Frank Robertson
Mark Smith
Shawn Taylor
Michael Stacy

RichardP
05-31-2012, 09:10 PM
Cover Installed!
Lets go Racing
Dan #82

I'm not sure the material thickness of the average tray is going to be sufficient. You should double it up. I would also secure it in a cross so you don't have a single point of failure...

Richard P.

BryanL
05-31-2012, 10:22 PM
What about food plans for Friday and Saturday night? I'm not a big fan of that buffet by the lake. I have been pigging out so I can make weight. Still may need more ballast.

marshall_mosty
05-31-2012, 11:21 PM
Headed to the shop in the morning to get the motor back in the car...

David Love AI27
05-31-2012, 11:34 PM
Headed to the shop in the morning to get the motor back in the car...

Headed to the shop in the morning to pull the motor out of the car...

Al Fernandez
06-04-2012, 11:43 AM
NASA will be hosting a Sat. night party with smoked chicken, ham, ribs, brats, and three kinds of beer :)

As of this morning 15 CMC cars and 6 AI cars :(

marshall_mosty
06-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Margaritas???

ShadowBolt
06-04-2012, 12:57 PM

That number should be doubled.

JJ

BryanL
06-04-2012, 02:08 PM
NASA will be hosting a Sat. night party with smoked chicken, ham, ribs, brats, and three kinds of beer :)

Just don't get the beer in OK. FYI-there gas and beer are both weak. Bring all you need with you to the track but be careful about bootlegging.

David Love AI27
06-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Good job there Dan!

Get registered you slackers!! According to the nasa reg table, as of 4:00pm Thursday:
CMC:
Dan Allford
Tim Bennett
Joe Bogetich
Morgan Dawdy
Randy English
Jerry Jordan
David Love
Michael Mosty
Kent Owens
Cody Powell
James Proctor
Ryan Rahjes
Gary Robertson
Wayne Stehle

AI/X
Jim Dulaney
Casey Holdway
Marshall Mosty
Frank Robertson
Mark Smith
Shawn Taylor
Michael Stacy

Scratch me... Jason has to work and I lost my sponser and can't afford the fuel on my own...

AllZWay
06-04-2012, 04:41 PM

We have more cars than that in Texas alone...this is terrible. :(

Wade
06-04-2012, 05:46 PM
My name is not on that list. Rami and I will be there. (Team WWR, CMC34)

Al Fernandez
06-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Who needs those girly drinks when you've got three kinds of beer and Dr. Frank's Sippin Hooch!

ShadowBolt
06-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Good job there Dan!

CMC:
Dan Allford
Tim Bennett
Joe Bogetich
Morgan Dawdy
Randy English
Jerry Jordan
David Love
Michael Mosty
Kent Owens
Cody Powell
James Proctor
Ryan Rahjes
Gary Robertson
Wayne Stehle

AI/X
Jim Dulaney
Casey Holdway
Marshall Mosty
Frank Robertson
Mark Smith
Shawn Taylor
Michael Stacy

This keeps getting worse. No Marshall, No DL, and I just talked to another on the list that will not make it.

Jerry

Wade
06-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Jeff Tilton is registered.

edrock96GT
06-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Get registered you slackers!!

Lumberg voice: "Yeahhhhh...."

ShadowBolt
06-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Since Marshall hurt his shoulder and can't race I have a garage spot available. It's $50.00 for the weekend. This is the four car enclosed garage across from the office. It's Michael, Wade and I right now. First PM gets it.

JJ

Tilton
06-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Ben has also registered.

ShadowBolt
06-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Since Marshall hurt his shoulder and can't race I have a garage spot available. It's $50.00 for the weekend. This is the four car enclosed garage across from the office. It's Michael, Wade and I right now. First PM gets it.

JJ

It's Gone.

JJ

rleng1
06-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Ben has also registered.

Good to see the rookies coming out. you will not regret it. Al can give you pointers on the Bitch.

Tilton
06-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Good to see the rookies coming out. you will not regret it. Al can give you pointers on the Bitch.

Looking forward to it.

New aluminum radiator - Last one took a rock after race 1 at TWS. (Dan, any luck patching the hole?)
Boxed in radiator - Didn't have any before = very poor cooling
Ranger air deflector - same as above
Manual fan switch - ECU wasn't running the fan at all
Cool suit cooler mounted (wiring up tonight) - Its already hot as hell
Brake ducts - Probably too slow to notice a difference
New pads
Flipped tires

Tired of working on the car, ready to load it up and race.

ShadowBolt
06-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Tired of working on the car, ready to load it up and race.

Amen! Loading up tonight.

Jerry

michaelmosty
06-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Loading up tomorrow night and then leaving after work on Thursday. Should get to the track around 9:30 PM. I'll have 93 octane and Keystone Light in tow!! :^)

BryanL
06-05-2012, 04:56 PM
I signed up today. In the garage till 1:00 this morning installing new everything and finally getting it running. Did have some drips from the AN fitting on the oil cooler but hopefully they just needed a little more to snug them up-I'll find out tonight. Can't wait since I have missed it the last 2 years. I have some left over Coor's light in my cooler for whoever wants them?

Cody-what up with the PBR guys?

AllZWay
06-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Still have to get my tires flipped and one mounted, then drop the car off jacks.

I should get to Hallett shortly after lunch on Friday.

Where is the rest of the CO gang... didn't see Raybob or Tommy on the list.

y5e06
06-05-2012, 06:58 PM
'bird is pretty much ready. New brakes & tires mounted, this & that fixed or addressed. More of the tearing floor pan spot welds rewelded. I also added two new stickers, that should make me fast. so WATCH OUT!
will load up Thursday night and leave Friday early morning to arrive who knows when. I think I'll add a few stickers to the truck too, so I can get there quicker.

jdlingle
06-05-2012, 08:17 PM
I also added two new stickers, that should make me fast. so WATCH OUT!

I smell a pole position coming!!!

GlennCMC70
06-05-2012, 08:28 PM
You guys have fun and be safe.

I need to meet up w/ someone Thursday so the Shootout awards can get transported up.

BryanL
06-05-2012, 09:46 PM

I need to meet up w/ someone Thursday so the Shootout awards can get transported up.

Mark is over on the west side

smitty328
06-06-2012, 09:30 AM

PM sent

michaelmosty
06-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Does anyone have an enclosed trailer available for the Mosty twins to sleep in on Thursday night? We should get in around 9:30 and would rather not set up the tent in the dark. Thanks!!

Fbody383
06-06-2012, 06:41 PM
We probably have some room in something for Thursday night, see you guys there. I "hope" we're in an settled by about 5:30.

NASA13
06-07-2012, 01:49 AM
Plus 1 more CMC2 car barring any major malfunctions during testing tomorrow.
I finally took #13 to the frame shop to straighten her up and then I replaced the nose and fender ,painted and got all the "Glenn Goo" off of her too.
I will miss racing you Glenn, but it will be relaxing knowing that I wont have to fight the seemingly magnetic attraction our cars seem to share.

I cant wait to see everyone. Looking forward to it.
Corey Rueth

BlueFirePony
06-07-2012, 12:50 PM
You guys have fun and be safe! Don't let Marshall near any ladders.

I'd be appreciative if you'd all thumb your noses at The Bitch for me ...I fought her and won last year but she's still a mean one.