PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to take to hallett?

Storm Trooper
05-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Being new to this and how it will be my first competition, HPDE1 Hopefully HPDE2 What suggestions does anybody have what I need to bring?

ShadowBolt
05-15-2012, 07:13 PM
No HPDE at all at Hallett if I remember.

JJ

GlennCMC70
05-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Jerry is correct.

http://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1370

For the rest of you, get signed up please.

Storm Trooper
05-16-2012, 10:11 AM
Jerry is correct.

http://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1370

For the rest of you, get signed up please.
OK.... So is there any seat time I can get?? Or is it just watching for me??

David Love AI27
05-16-2012, 10:58 AM
OK.... So is there any seat time I can get?? Or is it just watching for me??

Have you had ANY seat time at other DE's? What about this weekend at Grandsports... You could go to that event and try and get approved for Time Trials..

cobra132
05-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Also you could test and tune on friday. FMR

y5e06
05-16-2012, 12:45 PM
There will be a NASA HPDE/TT only event at Harris Hill Road near Austin 3 weeks after Hallett

BlueFirePony
05-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Just make sure your introduction to The Bitch is at 7/10ths I told Kyri that and he did fine...shoulda taken my own advice :(

Fbody383
05-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Also you could test and tune on friday. FMR Pffbbbt. AND it's Hallett.

Alien
05-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Actually, I don't think he could do the Friday at Hallett. Don't you have to be a licensed racer to do their t-n-t? I know I haven't done a practice day there in a few years, but I seem to remember them requiring full gear too.

ShadowBolt
05-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Actually, I don't think he could do the Friday at Hallett. Don't you have to be a licensed racer to do their t-n-t? I know I haven't done a practice day there in a few years, but I seem to remember them requiring full gear too.

I know Gary is correct about the full gear.

JJ

Al Fernandez
05-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Go to hallett anyway. Hitch a ride with someone that's already towing their car, like Francis or myself. Its so completely worth it, especially with all the guys that come down from the rockies and great lakes.

Pranav
05-17-2012, 07:16 AM
Your best bet is to skip Hallet (unless you hitch a ride up there to hang out) get with Proctor and Mosty and work on moving up the HPDE ladder ASAP. There is a nice NASA HPDE/TT event coming up this weekend in Houston down at GSS, and as mentioned, another HPDE/TT event up in Austin on 6/30 before NASA breaks for the summer. These two events are non-race, HPDE/TT only events, which should translate to less cars on track and an easier environment to deal with learn. Probably a good idea to get started here then work on getting comfortable with the car at other events before we pick back up in October; that's my plan.

AllZWay
05-17-2012, 08:17 AM
Your best bet is to skip Hallet (unless you hitch a ride up there to hang out) get with Proctor and Mosty and work on moving up the HPDE ladder ASAP. There is a nice NASA HPDE/TT event coming up this weekend in Houston down at GSS, and as mentioned, another HPDE/TT event up in Austin on 6/30 before NASA breaks for the summer. These two events are non-race, HPDE/TT only events, which should translate to less cars on track and an easier environment to deal with learn. Probably a good idea to get started here then work on getting comfortable with the car at other events before we pick back up in October; that's my plan.

Pranav is correct... this will speed up your curve to going racing by hitting these two events.

Al Fernandez
05-17-2012, 09:04 AM
Hit those two events for sure for the track time, but you gotta go to hallett... to hang with the AI/CMC crowd :)

Wade
05-17-2012, 12:36 PM
Pro tip.. Attend these two events, don't hit anything until after you get your license ;-p Don't listen to Proctor and Al.

AllZWay
05-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Pro tip.. Attend these two events, don't hit anything until after you get your license ;-p Don't listen to Proctor and Al.

Very good point... if you plan to race soon... DO NOT HIT ANYTHING, until after you have that license in hand. :D

David Love AI27
05-17-2012, 01:25 PM
Very good point... if you plan to race soon... DO NOT HIT ANYTHING, until after you have that license in hand. :D

What happened to practice makes perfect???

Fbody383
05-20-2012, 04:21 PM
DO NOT HIT ANYTHING Or get hit... it's easier, less messy, and no paperwork.

As much fun as Hallett is... go get the seat time. ((Psst... there's another Hallett race in the fall))