PDA

View Full Version : Can I do HPDE1 and 2 on the same weekend?

Storm Trooper
05-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Do I register for HPDE1 on Saturday and HPDE2 on Sunday ,or amI being pretentious? ...8)

Al Fernandez
05-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Just register for DE1. DE2 is typically in the same run group, just without an instructor. If your instructor and the lead instructor are comfortable moving you up, they'll move you up :) The big jump is to DE 3 since typically the speeds are higher (on average for all of the cars in the group).

Storm Trooper
05-26-2012, 07:49 PM
So de1 both days?

BlueFirePony
05-26-2012, 08:33 PM
As Al said register DE1 (yes both days) and leave it to your instructor if you progress - NASA instructors are top notch and if they say go you are probably ready...if they say stay you are definately not ready.

Storm Trooper
05-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Cool thanks

Storm Trooper
05-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Where do I get a car #?

Storm Trooper
05-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Where do I get a car #?do I need a car number yet?

David Love AI27
05-26-2012, 09:49 PM
do I need a car number yet?

Even in DE you need a number... There is a list of car numbers on the forum somewhere... check with Glenn he can point you in the right direction.. get a number reserved and you can use it in DE's and then you will already have it just incase you ever get your comp license... You really shouldn't have a problem, 4th gens drive themselves

Wade
05-29-2012, 07:54 AM
I cut vinyl numbers for racers. Usually very inexpensive compared to your local sign shop. wade dot zimmer @ Gmail dot com

Al Fernandez
05-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Dave Balingit maintains the official list of numbers (https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AjBDOVYhA7dZdFZDQXRuM01tZkJSLXpNVTRGc2toO UE&hl=en&single=true&gid=0&output=html)
and yes even DE cars require numbers. However, DE cars dont need to register/reserve their number. The expectation is DE car's numbers are just on with tape and can be readily changed if there's a conflict.

David Love AI27
05-30-2012, 05:20 PM
The expectation is DE car's numbers are just on with tape and can be readily changed if there's a conflict.

No... the EXPECTATION IS... You buy some awesome numbers from Wade that actually stay on your car all weekend... If it is your street car just make sure you give the doors (or numbered area) a good waxing before to make for easier removal.. if you have really cool vinyl numbers, they will make the unprepared fool change his/her stupid painters tape number... Or make you stick a "1" infront or behind your really cool vinyl ones

ps if you are in your street car gimmie a shout and I will rent you a transponder at 1/2 price...

Storm Trooper
05-31-2012, 07:14 AM
No... the EXPECTATION IS... You buy some awesome numbers from Wade that actually stay on your car all weekend... If it is your street car just make sure you give the doors (or numbered area) a good waxing before to make for easier removal.. if you have really cool vinyl numbers, they will make the unprepared fool change his/her stupid painters tape number... Or make you stick a "1" infront or behind your really cool vinyl ones

ps if you are in your street car gimmie a shout and I will rent you a transponder at 1/2 price...
I would love to rent one from you thanks.

Storm Trooper
05-31-2012, 07:15 AM

Thanks my wife makes vinyl cut outs.

Storm Trooper
05-31-2012, 07:18 AM
I cut vinyl numbers for racers. Usually very inexpensive compared to your local sign shop. wade dot zimmer @ Gmail dot com
Wade I appreciate the offer, But my wife makes vinyl stickers.:)

HoustonNW
05-31-2012, 08:39 AM
Are transponders allowed in HPDE1/2?

kbrewmr2
06-04-2012, 05:52 PM
they don't time them, so put one on all you want but you won't know anything by doing so...