PDA

View Full Version : TWS Safety Broadcast

Boudy
08-02-2006, 03:20 PM
I hope you guys are up for a little good news!

Boudy

http://www.aicmctexas.com/gallery/d/9009-1/Announcement.jpg

Edited to add Contingecy Info.

http://www.aicmctexas.com/gallery/d/9012-1/TX+Contingency.jpg

AI#97
08-02-2006, 03:37 PM
I like the idea of renting but what are the power requirements and mounting aparatus? battery or direct wire/cig lighter?

I am very interested and possibly purchase...how much?....I know you posted it in another thread but hey, I am a lazy mofo'r!!! :lol:

Boudy
08-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Rental unit is $30 for the event. Earpiece is $25 for first time renters. (unless you really don't mind jo jo's wax in your ear) They have carry cases that tiie wrap to your cage and are battery powered.

Purchase unit with earpiece (AL-300R) is $228 but is on sale for $179 until the Nationals.

Boudy

Mike Bell
08-02-2006, 04:20 PM
Boudy,

I'm the king of confusion on the radio deal. Here's my first shot of stupid questions:

1.) Are you selling two-way radios AND receive only setups?
2.) If yes to above, will the two-way setup also receive the safety broadcast?
3.) What got decided on the frequencies? For example, am I out of luck with my existing radios receiving these safety broadcasts??

MB

Boudy
08-02-2006, 04:30 PM
1.) Are you selling two-way radios AND receive only setups?
2.) If yes to above, will the two-way setup also receive the safety broadcast?
3.) What got decided on the frequencies? For example, am I out of luck with my existing radios receiving these safety broadcasts??

Answers:
1) No. I am selling two-way radios. To make them receive only, we simply add a listen only earpiece to them. Change headsets and you have full TX and RX capabilities.
2) Yes. The two-way setup has scan capabilities to TX and RX to a crewmember and scan SB channel at the same time.
3) We are using my frequencies for the SB. If your current scanner or radio is programmable, it can be programmed with the SB frequency.

Stupid questions? Nah! It's better to ask than to sit still on a standing start. :roll: :roll: (Oh, you had to be at Hallett to get that one)

Boudy

Mike Bell
08-02-2006, 04:40 PM
Thx man, I'll bring my setup and hopefully we can see what I'll need to get in order to make it work with my headset. I paid to have the mic install done on my helmet, but my earbuds are seperate.

jeffburch
08-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Bottom line is if you don't wish to participate you can still "monitor" the frequency (NASATX safety broadcast) with a scanner and ear buds.

This is what I wished for all along (What's the frequency Kenneth?). Very nice. But, I plan on getting me some contingency (consistency) radios for cheap. Bev will look kool in a crew chief headset. What's your vector Victor?

jb

Mike Bell
08-02-2006, 08:28 PM
No offense intended JB, but I happen to think Bev looks her best when standing over that ice cream machine. ;)

GlennCMC70
08-02-2006, 09:26 PM
i think i'm in. for sure a listen only unit. but i want a crew set-up too. do you have a "sales pitch" session set-up friday or saturday?