Grandstand - Turn 11: $269
Grandstand - Turns 2, 3, 4 and 5: $299
Grandstand - Turn 12 (lower rows): $399
Grandstand - Turn 12 (upper rows): $499

Richard P.

BlueFirePony
06-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Let's do it!
I'd love the Turn 12 uppers on the left side but those are pretty steep prices. General admission at 6,7, 8 looks good.

BlueFirePony
06-09-2012, 12:50 AM
Let's do it!
I'd love the Turn 12 uppers on the left side but those are pretty steep prices. General admission at 6,7, 8 looks good.
I know you all are sound asleep making sure you are well rested for practice in the morning...but dammit WAKE UP!! TICKETS ARE ON SALE!!

Figured the track will be around for a while so just ordered a pair of GA tickets for Kyri and I.

Have fun all y'all!

BlueFirePony
06-21-2012, 11:33 AM
No one else!? :(

Fbody383
06-21-2012, 03:45 PM
Still kinda sorta thinking about really wanting to go... need a game plan though. Leaning torward GA.

BlueFirePony
06-22-2012, 04:05 PM
T9 and T11 Grandstand bleachers are available at $300+ a pop apparently. Got a nice upsell email ..not terribly tempting.

If I was going to spend that much I would have grabbed T15 for a couple hundred more and got a great view!
GA is good enough for this year...hopefully there will be plenty of years of great racing to try out different seats :)

y5e06
06-22-2012, 04:39 PM
I had a chance to buy before the 10th and didn't. lame. perhaps GA since I don't know how many to get anyway.
related upate:
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-cota-adds-historic-f1-event-to-us-gp-slate/

they are including historic races, which should be cool.

David Love AI27
06-23-2012, 12:37 AM
Still trying to get a front row seat working a corner station... hope they will "grandfather" me for my 2 years experience at the Houston Grand Prix

BlueFirePony
06-23-2012, 02:25 PM
That would be awesome David...good luck with that!

ShadowBolt
06-29-2012, 12:26 PM
Jerry,

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to talk with me about the opportunities we hold for you and your business. I very much look forward to talking with you again after you have a chance to look over the attached information.

Just to recap… We are building the very first purpose built, state of the art, Formula 1 Race Track in America. Formula 1 is the second most watched sport in the world bringing in billions of dollars on an annual basis. We will have 145,000 individuals at our circuit during race weekend and we want to show you the many benefits we will be able to offer you and your business.

Please feel free to check out our website at www.circuitoftheamericas.com . We are very confident our possibilities will offer you the best possible experience in America for your clients, potential clients, as well as your employees.

Thank You again for your time. I am looking forward to speaking with you again about the opportunities.

Nick Spears

Sales Consultant

Circuit of The Americas

301 Congress Avenue, Suite 220

Austin, TX 78701-2961

Office 512.536.1464

Fax 512.485.4192

www.circuitoftheamericas.com

Still looking for RV entry info. Only a very few will be allowed to drive in and part. They will be using shuttles to get you to the track from parking lots around town. I told Nick that I wanted to be able to move around from turn to turn and wanted to know if I could bring in my Golf cart or Ruckus.....He said no to bringing in anything but he daid there will be a "track" around the real track that a shuttle will bring you to any part of the track you want to watch from.

JJ

cobra132
06-30-2012, 07:48 AM
42 inch digital TV.

MikeP99Z
07-03-2012, 12:02 PM
I picked up a pair of GA tix for the wife and I.

BlueFirePony
07-05-2012, 01:05 PM
I picked up a pair of GA tix for the wife and I.Excellent! I'm looking forward to that entire weekend! Hopefully we will have more than just the few of us out there!
42 inch digital TV. C'mon Frank...you can watch Abu Dhabi and Brasil on TV and squeeze Austin in between in person! It would be amazing to inroduce the F1 crowd to Dr. Frank's Sippin' Hooch ™!

BlueFirePony
07-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Was going to just camp out but really want to spend time downtown Friday and Saturday so I just booked a hotel room downtown - don't have to leave the downtown partying until we are ready to crash (in a party, fun, walking, not-driving sense).
All the downtown hotels became "unavailable" a month before the individual tix went on sale but a couple rooms just popped up for Hilton and I grabbed one on points. Other rooms are close to airport and down south...not close enough to stumble to ;)

marshall_mosty
07-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Also check Georgetown and Round Rock for hotels.

BlueFirePony
07-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Also check Georgetown and Round Rock for hotels.
There are plenty of rooms if you want to be that far out...I'm just a stumble down 6th street now ;)

marshall_mosty
07-23-2012, 09:32 AM
COA is just 15 minutes from Georgetown on the tollroad. Probably 25 from RoundRock.

ShadowBolt
07-23-2012, 12:21 PM
COA is just 15 minutes from Georgetown on the tollroad. Probably 25 from RoundRock.

I know a place right off the toll road in Hutto.

JJ

Fbody383
07-23-2012, 12:38 PM
I know a place right off the toll road in Hutto.

JJ I would still like a tentative parking spot reservation for one vehicle...

ShadowBolt
07-23-2012, 12:51 PM
I would still like a tentative parking spot reservation for one vehicle...

Can I run a torque arm on my Mustang?

You got it if you need it. Track is about 20 minutes away via toll road at the posted 80 MPH.

JJ

y5e06
07-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Commoners should not expect to be able to drive to the circuit. Expect shuttles.
http://austin.ynn.com/content/top_stories/285944/city-leaders-formulate-plans-to-avoid-f1-gridlock
ss than 20,000 cars will be able to park at the Circuit of the Americas. Everyone else must arrive by shuttle, helicopter or bike.

However, given the number of 'festivals' and such I've attended in the area that were serviced by CapMetro buses and similar contractors, expect a massive Cluster-F' regardless.
... maybe lane splitting will be allowed

I was originally planning on loading up the truck w/ a cooler of beverages etc and just hanging out early and late to avoid the traffic problem but this puts a damper on those plans

BlueFirePony
07-24-2012, 07:17 PM

You are missing my point Marshall...I'll take an hour to/from the track ... It's to/from the bars I am concerned about ...;)

RichardP
08-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Good news for the track: general admission sold out, all 120,000 of them. Not so good news if you were thinking of going but hadn't gotten a ticket yet (like me)...

The first layer of pavement is also down all the way around the track.

Richard P.

ShadowBolt
08-08-2012, 08:01 AM
Good news for the track: general admission sold out, all 120,000 of them. Not so good news if you were thinking of going but hadn't gotten a ticket yet (like me)...

The first layer of pavement is also down all the way around the track.

Richard P.

Crap! I did not get mine. I assumed they would sell GA tickets till Hell froze over. Guess I will have to purchase a seat now.

JJ

BlueFirePony
08-08-2012, 09:25 PM
...general admission sold out, all 120,000 of them. ...
Only 120k...and here I thought it might get crowded on the grass ...

Rob Liebbe
08-09-2012, 07:22 AM
Only 120k...and here I thought it might get crowded on the grass ...

Don't sit on the grass, that's where Corey drives.

BlueFirePony
08-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Don't sit on the grass, that's where Corey drives.
Is he racing for Toro Rosso ?

BlueFirePony
09-07-2012, 06:05 PM
If anyone is interested you can now get a 3 day parking pass @ $200 a pop for COTA in November. I'm personally weighing pros 'n' cons, but at $50 more than I paid for my 3 day event pass I might skip this just on principle...#moneygrab

BlueFirePony
09-11-2012, 06:35 PM
"Final" race inspection is supposedly in two weeks - not the last chance FIA has to pull the rug but here's hoping all the legal crap has not stalled construction too much. Now the MotoGP race is up in the air...

MikeP99Z
09-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Glad the track was approved!

Grand-Am scheduled there for March 2, 2013

Wirtz
10-23-2012, 10:12 AM
First laps at somewhat speed in an F1 car.
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/videos/2705/first-f1-lap-of-circuit-of-the-americas/

Fbody383
10-23-2012, 03:28 PM
I wonder how steep the hill at the end of the front straight "feels" in the car?

kbrewmr2
10-23-2012, 04:18 PM
guess we'll have to drive it to find out

Fbody383
10-24-2012, 08:38 AM
guess we'll have to drive it to find out Will an MR2 even make it up the hill with a running start? :cool:

kbrewmr2
10-24-2012, 03:49 PM
it's got torque (that's about all it has)

I'd be worried about those pesky Spec Miatas and cake-eater 944s first...

BlueFirePony
11-01-2012, 12:23 AM
With the GA tickets I plan to roam around and check out different vantage points through the weekend...not expecting the GA areas to have superb views but you never know.
Should be a great weekend regardless. Anyone want to plan something specific for Fri/Sat night?

Wirtz
11-01-2012, 03:31 PM
More in-car. This time from the Red Dragon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT6bYVb0CBk&sns=em

Also, saw on a forum that SCCA already has a club weekend date for CotA.
http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54910&goback=%2Egna_3173519

Got V8 Supercar tickets, I think I am more excited for that one at this point I must admit...

AllZWay
11-01-2012, 03:47 PM
More in-car. This time from the Red Dragon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT6bYVb0CBk&sns=em

Got V8 Supercar tickets, I think I am more excited for that one at this point I must admit...

I sure hope I can make the V8 supercar race.

Anyone see the Surfer's Paradise race shown this last weekend? Standing Start by mostly Indy car drivers that were co-drivers for the weekend..... I won't spoil it if you haven't watched it yet....but is a must watch.

BlueFirePony
11-01-2012, 05:28 PM

They are rumoring Feb/March timeframe...Dave B. anything from NASA? I would re-join SCCA to drive that track even in a class of 1!

Probably buy tix this weekend...V8 supercars will definately be exciting!

kbrewmr2
11-02-2012, 10:32 AM
licensing with SCCA is going to be a little sticky with that - I've looked into it. Basically NASA license converts to novice regional license, need 4 regionals to convert up to a national license and THEN you could run the March COTA race with them. $$$ by the time you get through all that, so I'm reconsidering...

marshall_mosty
11-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Michael and I are already in for the GA tix for V8 Supercars...

BlueFirePony
11-02-2012, 08:57 PM
licensing with SCCA is going to be a little sticky with that - I've looked into it. Basically NASA license converts to novice regional license, need 4 regionals to convert up to a national license and THEN you could run the March COTA race with them. $$$ by the time you get through all that, so I'm reconsidering...
Well I held an SCCA comp license and hoping I can get my SCCA instructor to pull some strings...worst case I'll just mug one of the other drivers.

I kid I kid.

Wirtz
11-02-2012, 09:02 PM

I don't THINK it will be that bad. I saw SCCA honors the NASA license. The event I thought was being billed as a Double Regional, which is how they used to run the 3 day weekend at TMS a few years ago.. And you can provide your racing resume if you are completely new to SCCA. But like many things, it might come down to who is in charge and their attitude... Hopefully it is a non issue, I'm waiting for the announcement that CMC / AI will be the warm up race for the Supercar weekend :)

kbrewmr2
11-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Well I held an SCCA comp license and hoping I can get my SCCA instructor to pull some strings...worst case I'll just mug one of the other drivers..

A National license or regional?

The regional is no big deal but they make a BIG fuss about this National crap.

I don't THINK it will be that bad. I saw SCCA honors the NASA license. The event I thought was being billed as a Double Regional, which is how they used to run the 3 day weekend at TMS a few years ago.. And you can provide your racing resume if you are completely new to SCCA. But like many things, it might come down to who is in charge and their attitude... Hopefully it is a non issue, I'm waiting for the announcement that CMC / AI will be the warm up race for the Supercar weekend :)
This was direct from the licensing contact I was given for MSR-H / whatever region that is. They're happy to give me a provisional REGIONAL license with NASA stuff, but have to work on the National. Need the National for a National Race at COTA.

Currently looking at what work-around I'd need to do for just the Thurs & Fri test days... otherwise I'll find a DE to attend instead.

BlueFirePony
11-05-2012, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=kbrewmr2;61364]
This was direct from the licensing contact I was given for MSR-H / whatever region that is. They're happy to give me a provisional REGIONAL license with NASA stuff, but have to work on the National. Need the National for a National Race at COTA.
QUOTE]
If they make it a Rational you'd be OK with a regional license.

David Love AI27
11-05-2012, 12:17 PM
[QUOTE=kbrewmr2;61364]
QUOTE]
If they make it a Rational you'd be OK with a regional license.

If anyone is following up on this I need some info... I am super busy working out-of-town and I don't have time or contacts to get the details...

I have been offered a SU class Z06 to drive in this event, any help with obtaining a comp license would be much appreciated...

I can be reached at 281-414-1738, dlove21261@aol.com, david@FDRServices.com

kbrewmr2
11-06-2012, 03:32 PM
David - I've been given a different contact higher up the food chain. We'll see if I get anywhere with 'em. If so I'll send over what I know :)

as part of this I was working up a driving resume and figured out through MyLaps data I've driven in 335 sessions between racing & time trials... no banged up cars, nobody hurt, and in all but one no rules broken... that outta be good enough but we'll see.

ShadowBolt
11-06-2012, 04:26 PM
How bout taking a ride at COTA? A grand for three laps!

http://racelandadventure.com/Ride-Drive/?utm_source=Circuit+of+The+Americas+%26+Formula+1+ United+States&utm_campaign=7e6ca8d94e-COTA_F1X311_6_2012&utm_medium=email

I will take you for half that in a new Cadillac on Dec. 7th. A day that will live in infamy by the way when CMC invades Cadillac.

JJ

kbrewmr2
11-07-2012, 10:22 AM
I'm very tempted to come spectate for the CMC day at the Caddy arrive-n-drive...

BTW - got approved for the licenses I need for the S.Club weekend at COTA. Happy Birthday to me.... :D

Waco Racer
11-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Is there a list of where everyone (that's actually going) is sitting? If not, lets start one.

marshall_mosty
11-09-2012, 11:28 PM

Waco Racer
11-12-2012, 12:15 PM
I have a friend that needs a car brought from Dallas to San Marcos. Anyone coming to the USGP willing/able to help?

BlueFirePony
11-12-2012, 12:21 PM
I have a friend that needs a car brought from Dallas to San Marcos. Anyone coming to the USGP willing/able to help?
Kyri and I are planning to drive down 0'dark-thirty Friday. Depending on details we might be able / willing.
But you have to reply to my USGP seating post you asked for first ;)