PDA

View Full Version : NJ Grand Prix

BlueFirePony
06-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Maybe I am interpreting this wrong, but the COTA folks have to feel like their balls are in a vise now.
With all the yammering about getting a permanent purpose-built facility for F1 in the US and no interest in temporary street circuits, Eccelstone gets the permanent circuit (COTA) and then agrees to a temporary street circuit in NJ right after? Talk about fragmenting your product.
With all the promoting going on (and presumed to continue), making NJ sound like Monte Carlo and "the best of both worlds" (F1 street race by day, metropoliton party by night) it can only diminish the interest in Austin GP in 2013, just one year after it is built.
I like Austin night life, but I can't imagine it will hold up against NY in the worldwide F1 fan's eyes. COTA will be a curiosity in 2012 and unless the economy picks up I suspect it will struggle starting 2013.
Good thing Moto, Aussie V8 and LeMans are signed up....might be an opening for NASA in 2013

BlueFirePony
06-24-2012, 11:01 AM
So there you go...Will Buxton on Speed gets 10 seconds with Eccelstone and the picture clouds again..does sound like NJ is a focus for the near (2014?) future.

Wirtz
06-26-2012, 09:01 AM
I remember several times in the years leading up to forming COTA, that Bernie kept saying he wanted to be in either New York or LA. I love F1 and am glad to see it in the US, but I feel like this deal will still get weird and pooched up more before it is done. Hope I'm wrong...

ShadowBolt
06-26-2012, 09:25 AM
I remember several times in the years leading up to forming COTA, that Bernie kept saying he wanted to be in either New York or LA. I love F1 and am glad to see it in the US, but I feel like this deal will still get weird and pooched up more before it is done. Hope I'm wrong...

Hey Jeff,
So now you have missed two years at Hallett. I know you have your gun sports but we would like to see you come back and race with us again. Any chance you will be back next year?

JJ

Rob Liebbe
06-26-2012, 10:17 AM
Hey Jeff,
So now you have missed two years at Hallett. I know you have your gun sports but we would like to see you come back and race with us again. Any chance you will be back next year?

JJ

Jeff and I are going to team up and run a 4th Gen Camaro with shotguns in the headlight buckets and a .45 pistol holstered to the seat for easy access. We will be unstoppable.

Crumpacker
06-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Jeff and I are going to team up and run a 4th Gen Camaro with shotguns in the headlight buckets and a .45 pistol holstered to the seat for easy access. We will be unstoppable.

just make sure to only weld them in 2 spots.

too soon?

David Love AI27
06-26-2012, 11:14 PM
just make sure to only weld them in 2 spots.

too soon?

Guess you missed Jeff's shooting trials...

Crumpacker
06-26-2012, 11:45 PM
Guess you missed Jeff's shooting trials...

I'll surround my house with dirty 3rd gens... when he comes for me, he'll have to stop and wash them - that's when I'll make my move.

ShadowBolt
06-27-2012, 07:47 AM
I'll surround my house with dirty 3rd gens... when he comes for me, he'll have to stop and wash them - that's when I'll make my move.

That may be the best one yet. Good job Sam.

JJ

Wirtz
06-27-2012, 10:23 AM
I need to go back to lurking...

Crumpacker
06-27-2012, 10:49 AM
That may be the best one yet. Good job Sam.

JJ

I need to go back to lurking...

:)

I don't know if I posted in the other thread, but those 3-gun tourney videos were AWESOME! I sent them to a couple friends and one was telling me how bad ass your gear is, he specifically noted the optics on your AR... I really hope my dirty 3rd gen plan works.

Fbody383
06-27-2012, 12:04 PM
I really hope my dirty 3rd gen plan works.It might... if you have them at 1200 yds, then 800 yds... then....