PDA

View Full Version : NASA Membership No Longer Provides GRM Subscription

rleng1
06-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Anyone else get the notice that the April 2012 GRM issues was the last issue that you will receive based on a NASA membership. I liked how they just let that slip by the newsletter announcements and let GRM be the bearer of the news.
As if a membership and a racing license isn't enough cost from one racer to warrant an issue of a very good magazine.
Oh but wait....if you renew today, you get a t-shirt.......when does it stop.

GlennCMC70
06-29-2012, 08:18 PM
NASA has thier own digital mag now.
But I still miss my GRM.

y5e06
06-30-2012, 10:58 AM
yeah, I found that also when trying to log in and view GRM digital copy.
turns out subscription isnt the cheapest out there. Something like $30/yr.
i hope NASA doesn't go back...
because i subscribed to GRM for TEN years for $100! Even if i only really enjoy it for three of those then, it is still worth it.

AllZWay
06-30-2012, 06:14 PM
Yep... that digital mag is not bad....but I still need reading material to hold while on the thinking chair. :D

edrock96GT
07-01-2012, 08:03 AM
I got tired of GRM when their calendar had nothing but Continental tire series cars.

Yeah, that's grassroots...

ShadowBolt
07-01-2012, 11:13 AM
I got tired of GRM when their calendar had nothing but Continental tire series cars.

Yeah, that's grassroots...

I thought the same thing.

JJ

GlennCMC70
07-13-2012, 05:06 PM
NASA has a You Tube channel now. I like the evolution I'm seeing here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXvPb5OalKs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

A few CMC jabs in there too. Likey as a result of Jerry's AI comments. Thanks Jerry.

BlueFirePony
07-13-2012, 05:42 PM
NASA has a You Tube channel now. I like the evolution I'm seeing here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXvPb5OalKs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

A few CMC jabs in there too. Likey as a result of Jerry's AI comments. Thanks Jerry.

Thanks for the link Glenn... I had not idea that even existed. Damn decent content and decent production quality too for an online mag. Gotta get that stuff promoted better though...300 views on the one you linked and only 111 on the April video that discussed tech inspection? Should be 10x that just to cover the indoctrinated and 100x that to make any headway from a PR perspective. For a mag with national focus that is epic fail - I'll email John and Ryan and suggest a few things ;

GlennCMC70
07-13-2012, 05:46 PM
I got an email from NASA today about it (the vid). I had never gotten one before, so I assume they are aware of the lack of folks being aware of it existing. Like it on FB as well. I saw where there were other months editions loaded. I'll see about starting a new thread and updating it monthly w/ the new vid.
I like it. I can see this growing and possibly adding a Regional segment. Jeff Burch would be great for this. Perhaps we have a new task to abuse Gary with.

BlueFirePony
07-13-2012, 10:33 PM
I got an email from NASA today about it (the vid). I had never gotten one before, so I assume they are aware of the lack of folks being aware of it existing. Like it on FB as well. I saw where there were other months editions loaded. I'll see about starting a new thread and updating it monthly w/ the new vid.
I like it. I can see this growing and possibly adding a Regional segment. Jeff Burch would be great for this. Perhaps we have a new task to abuse Gary with.
Getting Jeff and Gary and others involved would be a great way to put a regional face on it and also make it more "real". This type of content, the isolatation on passing scenarios as an example, is exactly what needs to be socialized. Kudos...more to come I am sure.
One thing I want to communicate to Ryan and John (sent an email already) is about the way they handled the discussion about how dangerous racing in NASA is...based on Ryan's response it's all up to the safety equipment - that's exactly his response. The safety equipment is part of it but they left a huge question mark for anyone that is not familiar with racing and looking to get involved. NASA does a lot more to ensure safe racing than just mandating HANS, cages, fire suppression and safety nets - they and the racers to a lot to reduce the chance of that stuff ever being needed as well...

AllZWay
07-16-2012, 08:00 AM
I found out first about the video through twitter.