PDA

View Full Version : Transmission shop

smitty328
08-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Think I'm going to have to pull my trany. Anyone know of a good shop in the Fort Worth area?

BryanL
08-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Yes. We need to chat. Remember I owned a shop a few miles from you. This is the racecar correct? What is the problem?

GlennCMC70
08-14-2012, 10:38 PM
Texas Drivetrain Performance. Up I-35W off Heritage Trace. I know him well and have used him for years. Knows T-56 type boxes very well. Talk w/ nobody other than Jason.
817-300-6840

AllZWay
08-15-2012, 07:48 AM
Texas Drivetrain Performance. Up I-35W off Heritage Trace. I know him well and have used him for years. Knows T-56 type boxes very well. Talk w/ nobody other than Jason.
817-300-6840

I'll second this. Jason has setup rearends and fixed my transmission and does good work.

BryanL
08-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Actually you have 3 great options in FW. What is it doing and what kind of trans is in it? Is it actually a T56? I thought it was something different with the trans coolers.

smitty328
08-30-2012, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the suggestions everybody.

I decided to try it myself and I’m glad I did. I was able to lower the transmission enough to get to the bolts on top of the transmission for the housing assy and pull it out. There was nothing wrong with it.

It also didn’t look like the dealership pulled my transmission the first time either. They charged me 850 for that! F-ers!

BryanL
08-30-2012, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everybody.

I decided to try it myself and I’m glad I did. I was able to lower the transmission enough to get to the bolts on top of the transmission for the housing assy and pull it out. There was nothing wrong with it.

It also didn’t look like the dealership pulled my transmission the first time either. They charged me 850 for that! F-ers!

Dang right they didn't pull it then. There is a reason why I call em Stealerships (sorry Kevin).

Fbody383
08-31-2012, 10:23 AM
Dang right they didn't pull it then. There is a reason why I call em Stealerships (sorry Kevin). There may be an argument that is fraud and deceptive trade practice. If you paid by check potentially other charges. If I really believed I was charged for work that wasn't performed, they would be throwing me out of the dealership.

David Love AI27
08-31-2012, 11:12 AM
There may be an argument that is fraud and deceptive trade practice. If you paid by check potentially other charges. If I really believed I was charged for work that wasn't performed, they would be throwing me out of the dealership.

Been there, done that... I'm not allowed on the premises of Tomball Ford... not that I want to go there...

kbrewmr2
09-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Been there, done that... I'm not allowed on the premises of Tomball Ford... not that I want to go there...
Tomball Ford is the sole reason my mom now drives Chevy exclusively...