PDA

View Full Version : NOLA in Nov

nasa-rm
09-18-2012, 11:17 AM
A few things I wanted to check on for the NOLA event in November....

Since the track has a kart track, who would be interested in something NASA specific? Inter-Class battles? Extra season points (JK)? See how many sessions until all of NASA is banned? Or should we just leave it as it's there, use it if you want?

Who's going?

Should we do a big Sat night party or just leave it mellow so people can feel free to go downtown?

ShadowBolt
09-18-2012, 12:26 PM

Since the track has a kart track, who would be interested in something NASA specific? Inter-Class battles? Extra season points (JK)? See how many sessions until all of NASA is banned? Or should we just leave it as it's there, use it if you want?

Who's going?

Should we do a big Sat night party or just leave it mellow so people can feel free to go downtown?

I have considered it but would need to know five or six CMC cars were going to be there if I was going to drive that far.
Any idea on that subject?

JJ

ShadowBolt
09-18-2012, 01:20 PM
521 miles for me. I don't know. That's a hard one.
Hallett is 456 miles and if it was not Hallett it would not be worth it but at least NOLA is I-10 almost all the way. Googlemaps shows the trip time at 8:53.

JJ

Tilton
09-18-2012, 01:21 PM
I plan on going. My better half is also slated to go but I'm sure she will want to spend most of her time in town.

AllZWay
09-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Unless Micheal and Dan will skip the event too... I will be there. I booked my room yesterday. I don't want to drive that far, because it will cause me to take extra days of vacation...but I did put money into my budget for the year.

RichardP
09-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Unless Micheal and Dan will skip the event too...

Dan will be there...

I'm also planning on bringing my car for HPDE w/open passenger seat.

Richard P.

Daniel Allford
09-18-2012, 05:25 PM
Michael, you gotta come too, we need to keep the battle going to the last corner of the last race of the season. There was talk at Nationals of some out of region interloping carpet baggers joining us. RE: Party, I kind of like Dave's shindigs. RE: points, Im still voting for allowing race points from 1 out of region event. That wont help TX racers but might convince some folks to travel from out of region and set the precedent for next year.

Dan Allford CMC#82

Casey_SS
09-18-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm planning to go. I second the vote for Dave's shindig. The karting track sounds fun...AI vs. CMC anyone? Spectators could pay $5 to predict the number of "incidents" before we get kicked out and the drivers involved. Winner gets free track time, proceeds buy beer for the karting officials.

Storm Trooper
09-18-2012, 10:40 PM

Who's going?

I am in!! My two boys and I have been going to MSR Houston running karts to get them ready for there Karts!

Storm Trooper
09-18-2012, 10:40 PM
I'm planning to go. I second the vote for Dave's shindig. The karting track sounds fun...AI vs. CMC anyone? Spectators could pay $5 to predict the number of "incidents" before we get kicked out and the drivers involved. Winner gets free track time, proceeds buy beer for the karting officials.

Casey....AI ver CMC Bring it!

ShadowBolt
09-19-2012, 08:08 AM
http://vimeo.com/44834295

NOLA video

JJ

Wade
09-19-2012, 08:21 AM
Wendi and I are planning to attend the race.

Alien
09-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Unless something dramatic happens at EC, I'll be going to NO.

If the kart track lets us take the SpecMiatas on there, I'm in! Otherwise I'll pass on the karting, gonna be an expensive enough trip as it is.

Al Fernandez
09-19-2012, 02:56 PM
I'm in, and prefer a party at the track :) We can do karts, but winner is best lap time divided by blood alcohol level.

cobra132
09-19-2012, 05:59 PM
I have scheduled the time off to attend unless my car blows up at ECR as it usually does. FMR

marshall_mosty
09-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Michael and I will be there for both CMC and AI...

Bring it!!

ShadowBolt
09-20-2012, 06:46 PM
I assumed very few would be making the trip. I don't know about Jay but I'm in. Come on BL, come get you some......or at least try.

JJ

rleng1
09-21-2012, 06:24 AM
I'm scheduled to attend.
looking for new take-off points.

edrock96GT
09-21-2012, 06:46 AM
I'm out. Sarah and I are having our wedding that weekend.

Rob Liebbe
09-21-2012, 07:57 AM
I'm out. Sarah and I are having our wedding that weekend.

Trackside Wedding and honeymoon in New Orleans - perfect!!!

Congratulations.

AllZWay
09-21-2012, 08:13 AM
Trackside Wedding and honeymoon in New Orleans - perfect!!!

Congratulations.

Exactly....

marshall_mosty
09-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Congrats early to Eddie and Sarah!!

michaelmosty
09-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Michael, you gotta come too, we need to keep the battle going to the last corner of the last race of the season. There was talk at Nationals of some out of region interloping carpet baggers joining us. RE: Party, I kind of like Dave's shindigs. RE: points, Im still voting for allowing race points from 1 out of region event. That wont help TX racers but might convince some folks to travel from out of region and set the precedent for next year.

Dan Allford CMC#82
I'm totally there!!
I figure I need to sweep the ECR event to put me about even with you and James heading in to NOLA.
I'd love to see a big Saturday night party. Personally, the track parties are way better than any in-town gig.
The track seems like lots of fun also, I'm really looking forward to it!!!

Al Fernandez
09-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Congrats Eddie and Sarah!