PDA

View Full Version : WTB or rent trailer

MikeS
09-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Picked up an AI car that had been campaigned in the northeast by someone named Ray Mohr and his son. Some of you may know him or the car. This is a bright orange 2001 Mustang that currently wears number 36.

Will be coming to the Eagles Canyon event (for HPDE only) in early Oct and need to get the car up there from Austin.

Looking for an inexpensive trailer, or to rent one maybe for a couple of months/rest of the year until I can find a permanent solution.

Anyone help a noob out?

Thank you.

blk96gt
09-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Thought about renting a uHaul trailer? I priced it once and it was only like $90.

ShadowBolt
09-21-2012, 07:20 AM
Penske rents a really nice trailer. You go through Home Depot for pick up and drop off (at least here in Hutto). I don't think it will cost anywhere near $90.00 for a weekend local rental but I could be wrong.

JJ

MikeS
09-22-2012, 10:45 PM
I reserved a Uhaul trailer. Penske said they don't rent them local. Probably go down to the Home Depot and see if I can change that, since it looks like a nicer trailer.

rpoz27
09-24-2012, 04:14 PM
you will have a heck of a time getting a low slung AI car on either a uhaul or penske trailer...especially if you have low subframe connectors or long tube headers.

Misty and I have been looking for an enclosed trailer and have been thinking of selling my open trailer. It's a 2003 Anderson 16' with dove tail. It's a lighter trailer with an open center section and steel "treads". Has removeable driver side fender, tire rack for up to 7 tires and a New 3000lb Winch with battery I just put on in April this year. Also have 2 brand new tires, 2 tires that are not very old, a new spare and an odd emergency spare. Trailer is black with assorted small rust spots typical of a 9 year old trailer. Bearings and seals all redone in 2009, probably less than 5000 miles since then. Great trailer. Asking $1850 obo. Trailer is in College station. PM an email address for pictures.

Trailer easily loads my AI mustang which is as low as they come and the winch saves your expenive clutch! Tire rack is a bonus. Tags current....I think. Title in hand.

MikeS
09-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Appreciate the offer. I think I've found a QuickLoad trailer that should minimize loading hassle.

kbrewmr2
09-27-2012, 02:42 PM
still setup for a street car - just have some extra boards and ramps handy and you can probably make due :)