PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Season AI/CMC Banquet?

GlennCMC70
11-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Wondering if you guys are still wanting to have this banquet each year. I think we should. In fact, I've been asked to let non-AI/CMC folks know when we will be having it as they would like to attand. I know the season just increased by 1 month this year and that cuts into the time we have to hold this event prior to the 1st event of the following season.
We could hold it the Friday night of MSRH in 2013. Not sure if we all could make it. Wonder if it would be a better date than any other w/ all the holiday stuff going on from now until after New Years.

Location? I think we should all should get toether at a place where we can spend the day (afternoon) and cook. We have some great cooks in this group. If we want to just pick a resturant, I'm OK w/ that as well. I know Dave will likely host an all NASA TX Banquet at MSR-H. We could pool our efforts and make that one a good one. Last year was cold at MSR-H, so I hope we have an indoor place to have it.

Anyways. Lets get some ideas rolling. Work out the details and make this happen.
Year in Review guys - How much time do you need?

AllZWay
11-12-2012, 04:09 PM
I would sure like to see us have our usual banquet, but I bet timing could be difficult with the holidays. Maybe those couple of weeks after Thanksgiving and before Christmas.

Fbody383
11-12-2012, 04:24 PM
No offense meant to Dave... he's done a great job... but it's still AI/CMC closing down the shindig. I miss our BBQ/coookout BS-Fests rain or dry.

If the holiday break is tough, what about a MSRH Friday night AI/CMC banquet?

marshall_mosty
11-12-2012, 04:43 PM
I'm up for the Friday night banquet, as we all "should" be there by then... Stay up late over good stories and copious amounts of Dr. Frank's "Sippin' Hooch" (TM)...

edrock96GT
11-12-2012, 04:58 PM
I like the idea of making it an afternoon cookout somewhere (someone's house maybe). We could put more towards food/drinks rather than renting and catering.

Al Fernandez
11-12-2012, 07:50 PM
I think thats a great idea Eddie.

BlueFirePony
11-12-2012, 07:52 PM
I like the idea of making it an afternoo
n cookout somewhere (someone's house maybe). We could put more towards food/drinks rather than renting and catering.
I'd be willing to host on pretty much any Saturday/Sunday in December. I know I'm on the northern edge (fitting I guess) but offer stands regardless.
Could probably make sleepover room as well for a few if needed.

Heck could pitch tents in our Sizeable backyard maybe...most of my neighbors are cool ;)

Alien
11-12-2012, 10:47 PM
I like the Friday night at MSRH idea. I'm sure there's plenty of places in Pearland to host something like that.

rleng1
11-13-2012, 01:48 AM
we definelty need to have our banquet. And don't forget james and casey our 2012 Champions. they didn't get to have the champagne shower and the celebration of a regional championship. And that is not an easy task. The championship, not the shower.
so we still own them both a shower. uuummmmm, maybe Saturday afternoon, at one of our events,maybe MSRH.

did I forget to mention that I need to get rid of the Gold helmet Award, that is in my office.......too many questions.

GlennCMC70
11-13-2012, 07:19 AM
So, if you guys want to have it the Friday of MSR-H, do you want to do it w/ NASA TX, or separate from NASA TX? I ask, cause that is when NASA TX normally has theirs.

Rsmith350
11-13-2012, 09:14 AM
I'll try and scare up some places other than the track in Pearland. I would volunteer my apartment but it is muy piquito!

kbrewmr2
11-13-2012, 09:42 AM
So, if you guys want to have it the Friday of MSR-H, do you want to do it w/ NASA TX, or separate from NASA TX? I ask, cause that is when NASA TX normally has theirs.
Dave's been doing them on Sat...

GlennCMC70
11-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Dave's been doing them on Sat...

You are correct. My bad.

smitty328
11-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Is the cart facility at MSRH similar to the one at NOLA? Maybe we could rent it out Friday or Saturday night and have the banquet and races (AI vs CMC). Those things are a blast!

Crumpacker
11-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Is the cart facility at MSRH similar to the one at NOLA? Maybe we could rent it out Friday or Saturday night and have the banquet and races (AI vs CMC). Those things are a blast!

That's a great idea!

There's also a new kart track in NW Houston, not sure of the name - I think it's near 290 and the Beltway. If we choose a non-race weekend, that could be a closer option for the 'northern' folks..

marshall_mosty
11-13-2012, 12:38 PM
I like the idea of MSR-H on Friday at the cart track... Do the cooking ourselves, and spend that extra money on carting...

Now I get to cry when I take down the AI championship plaque from my shrine to myself at home... :(

Casey_SS
11-13-2012, 12:47 PM
I also like the cart track idea + do the cooking ourselves. The carting we did Saturday night at NOLA was a ridiculous amount of fun...couldn't stop laughing in my helmet the whole time.

kbrewmr2
11-14-2012, 01:46 PM
K1 Speed is the place Sam is thinking of (it's the new one, 290 & Beltway roughly). Did an RX7/8 meet there, place is nice but track is lacking just a little bit. They were very accomidating of groups though, so I'd still give them a shot :) I think you need maybe 8 people to get your own dedicated run group and do a Practice/Qual/Race type setup.

K1 uses electric carts, but still on par with the stuff at NOLA, or the other Houston karting place Track21, etc. as far as performance and all that. I haven't done MSR-H's karts yet to compare.

GlennCMC70
12-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Anymore thoughts on this?

GlennCMC70
12-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Anyone want to step-upand plan this?

Fbody383
12-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Is there a consensus?

MSRH to K-1 Speed right at 100 miles round trip / probably about $40 for 3 sessions
MSRH to Track 21 right at 110 miles round trip / probably about $40 for 3 sessions
MSRH to MSR Karts about 79 alcohol laden steps / about $65 for 3 sessions; cost goes up if anybody breaks anything

I like the BBQ/hang out and maybe race the karts there idea, personally

The "Orange is Fast!" garage is about 30 minutes up the road if we wanted four walls/roof in case the weather is poor.

What-you-got?

GlennCMC70
12-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Any thoughts on combining the banquet and a group dyno day all into one? Sat dyno day and Sat evening (or Sunday) banquet?

AllZWay
12-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Any thoughts on combining the banquet and a group dyno day all into one? Sat dyno day and Sat evening (or Sunday) banquet?

Not in Houston... or at least not for me.

GlennCMC70
12-12-2012, 09:17 PM
So......

Banquet Jan 18th at MSR-H (or in town). This will be a Friday night. We can cook for ourselves and watch vids on the side of our trailers and make fun of one another 'till the wee hours of the night.

Rsmith350
12-13-2012, 08:15 AM
So......

Banquet Jan 18th at MSR-H (or in town). This will be a Friday night. We can cook for ourselves and watch vids on the side of our trailers and make fun of one another 'till the wee hours of the night.
Speaking of......anyone have EOY video update? I have video to upload

Wade
12-13-2012, 08:46 AM
Video still in the making. I will PM you upload instructions.

Fbody383
12-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Video still in the making. I will PM you upload instructions.I burned stuff to DVD and mailed it since my interweb suck*ge at the house.

Let me know if you guys have problems with the FTP site.

Rsmith350
12-13-2012, 02:19 PM
So......

So back on topic, Glenn I assume we need a head count and who's cooking/ bring what?
Need to make sure Dave is ok with using his "Über grill", if not I can bring a gas grill since I live down the road

Rsmith350
12-27-2012, 08:12 AM
So back on topic, Glenn I assume we need a head count and who's cooking/ bring what?
Need to make sure Dave is ok with using his "Über grill", if not I can bring a gas grill since I live down the road

Crickets...........

AllZWay
12-27-2012, 08:53 AM

I uploaded a few more pics from ECR over the weekend.

GlennCMC70
12-27-2012, 11:17 AM
Crickets...........

i'm worried the weather is not going to be on our side for this. Anyone know of a place local to MSR-H where we could do this indoors?

Rsmith350
12-27-2012, 01:00 PM
I'll see what I can scare up down here

Storm Trooper
01-03-2013, 10:49 PM
i'm worried the weather is not going to be on our side for this. Anyone know of a place local to MSR-H where we could do this indoors?
have you checked with msr-h? i know thay have a large room over the kart bulding.

Rsmith350
01-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Been checking around, not a ton of places around that track to have that many people for cheap.

Rob Liebbe
01-06-2013, 08:21 PM
I've talked to a couple of people about this and we all seem confused. It seems like we are planning to do a cookout style event on Friday evening with possible go-karts. There is some concern about the weather and folks are looking for alternate venues. However, nothing is set in stone just yet.

Did I get that all correct?

Is there a tentative start time so travel planning can be made?

Thanks

Wade
01-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Whoever is doing the planning, please try to get a venue with projector and speakers, or at least suitable to show the video if we bring our own projector and stuff.

jdlingle
01-06-2013, 08:33 PM

Thanks for taking this on Wade. I cant imagine how much work this is. Hoping to see my 1/32 tread burn off start from MSRH :)

GlennCMC70
01-06-2013, 10:05 PM
Guys - I have no idea what we are going to do. It may be that we are better off doing our thing w/ NASA TX on Sat night. I just cannot find the time to sit down and work on this. I have so many things going on and I'm trying to juggle them all.
The #1 problem we have is no budget to work w/. In the past we collected for this, but in 2012 I did not. I certainly don't have the funds to front it.

I plan to collect for the 2013 Banquet this year. So plan accordingly.

Rob Liebbe
01-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Thanks Glenn. I know you put everything you possibly can and more into this group and it is appreciated.

GlennCMC70
01-08-2013, 09:18 AM
OK - Dave B has agreed to let us use the tent forthe Sat banquet on Friday for our banquet. We will however need to provide some bodies to set it up. We can also use his vid and audio equip as long as we provide a laptop to play our vid off of.

So two things left, time and food.

I say 7PM to allow as many folks as possible to arrive?
Can we cook for ourselves? Brats and stuff like that? Any volunteers to bring a grill?

Rob Liebbe
01-08-2013, 09:57 AM
OK - Dave B has agreed to let us use the tent forthe Sat banquet on Friday for our banquet. We will however need to provide some bodies to set it up. We can also use his vid and audio equip as long as we provide a laptop to play our vid off of.

So two things left, time and food.

I say 7PM to allow as many folks as possible to arrive?
Can we cook for ourselves? Brats and stuff like that? Any volunteers to bring a grill?

Awesome!!!! I plan on arriving mid afternoon (or earlier if needed) and will help with the tent. Isn't this a really big tent? How many people does it take to set up? I will have my laptop with me but will need cables to his A/V equipment. We can also use the DVD player from my RV.

marshall_mosty
01-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Maybe Dave will let us use his monster grill if we set that up too...

Brats
Burgers
Tri-tip
Beans
Chips
???

Need volunteers for food, as per Glenn's old post, we didn't take a collection to cover the cost.

GlennCMC70
01-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Maybe Dave will let us use his monster grill if we set that up too...

Brats
Burgers
Tri-tip
Beans
Chips
???

Need volunteers for food, as per Glenn's old post, we didn't take a collection to cover the cost.

Marshall - Can you work on that? I still have award stuff to work on.

nasa-rm
01-08-2013, 11:32 AM
I've got the grill and BBQ tools covered for you guys. If someone can bring an extra propane tank, I think that's all you'll need.

The tent is the 20x60 attached to the side of the "old" MDG rig. I think we need about 5-6 people to set it up efficiently (sp?).

Since the rig is blue, we just need to tape up some white table cloth material as the background for the screen.

marshall_mosty
01-08-2013, 12:38 PM
I've got the grill and BBQ tools covered for you guys. If someone can bring an extra propane tank, I think that's all you'll need.

The tent is the 20x60 attached to the side of the "old" MDG rig. I think we need about 5-6 people to set it up efficiently (sp?).

Since the rig is blue, we just need to tape up some white table cloth material as the background for the screen.

Dave,
How much propane does your grill burn in an hour? Just trying to figure out how much I need to procure..

nasa-rm
01-08-2013, 09:11 PM
Just bring one full tank. I've got one I'll bring. Don't ask Al F. to do it.... :P

marshall_mosty
01-08-2013, 10:16 PM
Just bring one full tank. I've got one I'll bring. Don't ask Al F. to do it.... :P

I'll get my cylinder refilled and bring it. Thanks for the offer to use your stuff.

Wade
01-09-2013, 09:04 AM
I'll be on site to dyno Friday and can help with tent set up.

AllZWay
01-09-2013, 09:19 AM
I should make it to Houston by 5:00 or so... and can help with tent setup.

I can bring whatever....

Fbody383
01-09-2013, 12:57 PM
I plan to be there all day...

I can bring "stuff" or cash if somebody else is bulk shopping.

Al Fernandez
01-09-2013, 02:46 PM
I'll have you know I specifically went and filled both propane bottles that are in my trailer. Got the backup nasa grill too. I suggest everyone BYO + a bit to share.

michaelmosty
01-09-2013, 05:29 PM
I should make it to Houston by 5:00 or so... and can help with tent setup.

I can bring whatever....
I'll be there for 1/2 day practice on Friday and can help w/ the tent after that.
Sorry to hear you won't make it until 5:00 James, we'll miss you. ;^)

marshall_mosty
01-10-2013, 03:41 PM
I'll be there for 1/2 day practice on Friday and can help w/ the tent after that.

Since Al has the propane, I'll just bring "stuff" to cook...

AllZWay
01-10-2013, 05:21 PM

Get that cheating bastage practice in.... YOu are going to need it. :D

Storm Trooper
01-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Get that cheating bastage practice in.... YOu are going to need it. :D

I will be there all day :-) I need all the practice I can get! Let me know if I can help with anything! Please let me know what I need to bring!

Rsmith350
01-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Think I'm gonna do shrimp! 5-6 pounds oughtta do it, don't ya think?

Fbody383
01-11-2013, 04:20 PM
Think I'm gonna do shrimp! 5-6 pounds oughtta do it, don't ya think?Won't leave you much...

ShadowBolt
01-11-2013, 06:50 PM
Won't leave you much...

Not after I get mine.

JJ

Rob Liebbe
01-12-2013, 10:37 AM
Let's see, AI/CMC cookout about 7pm, NASA Tech from afternoon until late night, chance of Ross getting shrimp - ZERO. Go ahead and bring it Ross, we'll take care of it for you.

Rsmith350
01-12-2013, 01:51 PM
Let's see, AI/CMC cookout about 7pm, NASA Tech from afternoon until late night, chance of Ross getting shrimp - ZERO. Go ahead and bring it Ross, we'll take care of it for you.
Had to to buy a 2 new sets of skewers......this ought to be fun lol

BlueFirePony
01-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Think I'm gonna do shrimp! 5-6 pounds oughtta do it, don't ya think?
If Darcie (I think it was her?) makes her awesome dip to go with the shrimp, it would be temping to come down just for that...can't remember what event that combination came together but my taste buds remember the joy!

marshall_mosty
01-13-2013, 10:06 AM
If Darcie (I think it was her?) makes her awesome dip to go with the shrimp, it would be temping to come down just for that...can't remember what event that combination came together but my taste buds remember the joy!

Jalapeno poppers... I've seen them at Hallett and Cresson. Darcie needs to make a double batch!!

Crumpacker
01-14-2013, 05:45 PM

Jalapeno poppers... I've seen them at Hallett and Cresson. Darcie needs to make a double batch!!

Not sure if we'll make it by 7, but I have no problem committing us (Darcie) to a double batch of Jalapeno Popper Dip. Consider it done.

Wade
01-16-2013, 10:13 AM
VIDEO IS DONE. Don't miss it.

I have some options lined up, but it would be GREAT if someone has a nice projector that they can bring. Will Dave/NASA have one on hand for the Sat banquet that we could use? What about the PA/amp/speakers?

AllZWay
01-16-2013, 10:55 AM
If someone doesn't have a projector.... I can bring one if needed.

Rsmith350
01-16-2013, 11:21 AM
Not sure if we'll make it by 7, but I have no problem committing us (Darcie) to a double batch of Jalapeno Popper Dip. Consider it done.

Sweet!!!!!

Wade
01-16-2013, 11:59 AM
James, It would be very much appreciated. Even if we don't use it, we need to back up plan! Thank you.

Alien
01-16-2013, 11:14 PM

Hope DaveB likes it enough to give you the actual trophy :-D

GlennCMC70
01-16-2013, 11:32 PM

I have some options lined up, but it would be GREAT if someone has a nice projector that they can bring. Will Dave/NASA have one on hand for the Sat banquet that we could use? What about the PA/amp/speakers?

Dave does, but we need our own computer.
Back-up plans are always a good thing to have.

marshall_mosty
01-17-2013, 07:08 AM
Dave does, but we need our own computer.
Back-up plans are always a good thing to have.

I'll bring my laptop, just incase.

ShadowBolt
01-17-2013, 08:33 AM
I'll bring my laptop, just incase.

Jay never goes anywhere without his laptop so we will have plenty.

JJ

AllZWay
01-17-2013, 08:59 AM
Jay never goes anywhere without his laptop so we will have plenty.

JJ

Same here.... work follows me everywhere so my laptop will be with be as well.

Fbody383
01-17-2013, 01:59 PM
Hope DaveB likes it enough to give you the actual trophy Bringing Jerry home where he belongs. Thanks, Wade. Can't wait to see it. We need to get some full sets put together for new folks.

smitty328
01-18-2013, 12:03 AM
Have fun everybody, wish I was there.