PDA

View Full Version : Sticker Drama at TWS

Rob Liebbe
08-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Many will recall that at Cresson earlier in the year when I debuted the new paint scheme that I also had some promotional stickers of my car. These were "distributed" among the drivers who weren't watching their cars closely.

Some declared that they actually ended up helping their driving/handling/placement. Glenn Landrum started a winning streak, Mitch won a race, and others noted improved lap times.

In order to help Team Mustang out this weekend, I announced to Glenn that he was no longer allowed to wear a CMC #1 sticker and removed it from his car. Shortly thereafter, he blew up his transmission and put a gash on his head.

I put one of my stickers on my car, dropped a second off my lap times.

Glenn retaliated by putting a "Fear This - 3" sticker on my back window while on grid which blocked my rear view mirror, masking the fact that Glenn was catching up after going off while Corey and I battled for position. Corey had also stolen a CMC #1 sticker from my tow vehicle and proceeded to use its magical powers to beat me in Race 3.

I then removed the unauthorized sticker from Corey's car and removed all but the "3" from my rear window before Race 4. This resulted in slowing Corey down while retaining my improvements from my two new stickers just enough for me to squeak out a second place just a fender ahead of Corey - there was no stopping Glenn as he flat ass ran away with a new class-track record.

And we all know the story of Micah's "Let's Roll" sticker by now.

What's the point? Beware the power of the stickers.

:roll:

GlennCMC70
08-07-2006, 11:30 PM
well i didnt think i would spill the beans on this, EVER, but......
last week, i put some stickers out of sight in a place i hope would never be seen. i feel these stickers are what i owe my wins to.
yes, i have an "Aint Skeerd" sticker on the bottom of the floor pan. it rests there along w/ my Calvin "Piss on Ford" decal and....... dear God please do not hold this against me, but yes, oh yes, the highly sought after and all powerfull "Ultra Hot" decal.
Rob, i put your decal on my trash can and it was struck by a Miata just moments later. :shock:

GlennCMC70
08-07-2006, 11:33 PM
oh, before the protests fly, once you order the Ultra Hot decal, you will get the secret CMC rules insert that puts in writting the legality of said decals. good luck.

AI#97
08-08-2006, 12:31 AM
Rob, you got anything for an AI car?! I need all I can get for the rest of the season!!!!!

Rob Liebbe
08-08-2006, 08:46 AM
Heck - I'll get more made and cover the whole group that's going to nationals if you think it will help. I'll even make extras that we can put on the competition's cars and then remove them just before qualification to induce the bad luck.

I never heard the trash can vs Miata story - that's pretty funny. :lol:

jeffburch
08-08-2006, 08:59 AM
Heck - I'll get more made and cover the whole group that's going to nationals if you think it will help. I'll even make extras that we can put on the competition's cars and then remove them just before qualification to induce the bad luck.

I can tell you where to stick 'em!
Seriously, stick it.

jb (aka Glenn?)

NASA13
08-08-2006, 01:57 PM

I can tell you where to stick 'em!
Seriously, stick it.

jb (aka Glenn?)

Glenn Burch?
Jeff Landrum?
I think it works

GlennCMC70
08-08-2006, 02:07 PM
oh sure, all us tall people look alike, right? :roll:

AI#97
08-08-2006, 02:46 PM

Well, you both drive F-body's and have nearly shaved heads.....is that the new mullet?! :wink:

Rob Liebbe
08-08-2006, 03:12 PM
[quote="AI#97
Well, you both drive F-body's and have nearly shaved heads.....is that the new mullet?! :wink:[/quote]

Thank you Matt. My small brain and their similar appearance sometimes creates confusion. Plus, I called Jeff by Glenn's name while we were both in the men's restroom. I'm not in the habit of closely looking at the guy next to me at the urinal - it just isn't socially acceptable. :oops:

I apologize for the confusion and didn't mean to insult either of them.

mitchntx
08-08-2006, 03:14 PM

Well, you both drive F-body's and have nearly shaved heads.....is that the new mullet?! :wink:

Jar head and scar head .... :D

I crack me up sometimes ....

GlennCMC70
08-08-2006, 03:20 PM
i'm the one w/out the Burch mark. :wink:

AI#97
08-08-2006, 03:25 PM

Jar head and scar head .... :D

I crack me up sometimes ....

Amazing what you find under your desk after you fall out of a chair! :lol: