PDA

View Full Version : SCCA COTA March 7-10?

BlueFirePony
11-23-2012, 12:41 PM
Apparently the SCCA Lone Star Region has confirmed a three day double-national is on for March 7-10 with the three day race wkdn being $700 and the 7th being a $300 T'n'T. Doesn't look like registration is up yet.
Oh, and from the post it seems they are planning to run the full 3.4 configuration
I have a conflict but doing my best to work around it. BTW, if you are thinking of attending from out of town, I think that is the first week of SxSW festival so hotel rooms are probably already booked or on the high $ already.

http://www.specracer.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=492

Pranav
11-24-2012, 12:40 PM
Forgive my ignorance but how would us NASA folk get in on the action? I haven't mentally stomached the $700 tag just yet but figured I'd entertain the thought.

BlueFirePony
11-24-2012, 10:13 PM
Forgive my ignorance but how would us NASA folk get in on the action? I haven't mentally stomached the $700 tag just yet but figured I'd entertain the thought.
Ken might have the most recent details (SCCA does recognize NASA comp license...not provisional AFAIK, but full comp) so hopefully he can post a response and give specific directions.

kbrewmr2
11-26-2012, 12:31 PM
You'll need a NATIONAL license since it's a National race, which is a little harder than just paperwork. I had to submit a bunch of past races, references, etc and such to get a waiver to go straight to it. With just your regular NASA license and a short racing history you may be asked to do a few regional races before being granted national status. Also need to find a National class that your car fits... I'm doing STL.

Good to hear confirmed on the full course. I was about to pull the plug on the effort if it was going to be the short one. I have a couple of friends houses I can stay at if hotels end up being $$. This is my birthday present, which makes the nearly $1k in membership, licenses, entry fees, etc stomach-able. But barely.

Pranav
11-27-2012, 12:16 AM
LOL, considering that my CMC car, 6 months after I told everyone it would be track ready, is still in pieces, and have no provisional in hand, that's all way over my head. Figured I'd be the dummy to ask :-P

Casey_SS
11-27-2012, 01:45 AM
Don't feel like a dummy. I personally appreciate you asking. I wondered the same thing. My birthday is that weekend and I was thinking about doing COTA in some way but looking at the numbers required to do it....there are MUCH better ways to spend that kinda money. I live 20 minutes from COTA. At some point soon, it will cost a lot less to say I've been "counseled" about ____ (insert violation here). :)