PDA

View Full Version : Need a couple cars for a charity thing

mitchntx
08-08-2006, 09:34 AM
I posted this before ...

A local guy is sponsoring a VBS for his local church, which themed around racing.

he asked me if I would bring my car to the event and If I knew of any other owners willing to do the same. I posted here and a couple of you thought you might be able to help out.

Glenn and Skip .. let me know for sure so that he can get the info in the local newspaper.

It is August 16th in Hico, Texas. Display starts at 6pm, presentation at 6:30 and meet and greet around 7.

We should be out by 8, I would suspect.

Thanks in advance.

bossskip302
08-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Mitch,we missed you at TWS, if its on the 16th I will be there, just let me know where the church is in comparision to The Kup or Jaunita's...if it will be in the Hico newspaper.....TexStar Ford 05' Mustang :D
Thx
Skip

mitchntx
08-08-2006, 10:39 AM
Skip ... PM or e-mail me your phone number. I've lost it some how.

Directions from Glen Rose (which I know doesn't help you).

go south on hwy 67 from Glen Rose.
Take Hwy 220 south from 67
220 will T into Hwy 6 in Hico.

Turn right into town and go to Hwy 281 and turn left like you are going to San Antonio. 6 and 281 come together right by the Koffee cup and the two big convienence stores in town.

The Church is a couple of blocks, ¼ mile south on 281, can’t miss it, there will be a sign on the road.

bossskip302
08-08-2006, 10:59 PM
Mitch, its 254-445-4661 (home) best time is around 8pm...I'll be coming from Carlton which tees me in the middle of town, I'll find the church....should be fun
Skip

mitchntx
08-09-2006, 07:00 AM
The 69 car must be famous.

He said he did a quick internet search and found it right away.

Testar Ford will get some nice press out of this.

Boudy
08-10-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm still in.

Boudy

mitchntx
08-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Very nice Boudy. Glenn is on call this week, so he can't make it.

I'm probably gonna leave straight from work and go down there.

I hope to be there around 5 or 5:15

mitchntx
08-14-2006, 09:23 AM
See you guys Wednesday

mitchntx
08-17-2006, 08:39 AM
Hico was pretty cool.

Boudy was called out of town, so he culdn't make it, but Skip and Scott were there with the #69 car.

Our audience was school age, through 6th grade. And these kids thought it was great.

Lots of "how fast" and "ever had a wreck" questions. I showed them all the orange mark on the nose of my car from Skip's attempt at parking on the front straight at Hallett last year.

It was a great time.

Skip, I recieved a really nice note from Steve Winn this morning thanking us. I will forward that to you.

mitchntx
09-05-2006, 08:20 AM
Pictures of the festivities ....

http://www.aicmctexas.com/gallery/v/mitchntx/Hico+Charity+Event/

AllZWay
09-05-2006, 09:15 AM
Pretty cool Mitch... Kids love these type of things.

My daughters school had me bring out my dirt track car last year.

At one point I think there were 10-12 kids inside of it, and 4 or 5 hanging on the doors. They all had to take turns "driving".

I was a little hesitant about doing it, but the kids absolutely loved it.

Also, my daughter thought she was the "Queen Bee" too as she showed and told them how she would work on it (cleaned mudd off) at the track. :D

marshall_mosty
09-05-2006, 09:39 AM
Looks like the kiddos enjoyed it.

mitchntx
09-05-2006, 09:53 AM
They did and I did, too. It takes something like this to know exactly how blessed I am.

I too was hesitant. I even noticed some damage to the fire suspression line. It was pulled out of the fire bottle. and this picture I believe identifies the cuplrit ...

http://www.aicmctexas.com/gallery/v/mitchntx/Hico+Charity+Event/DSC00979.JPG

But, a new ferrel and it will be good as new ... no big deal.