PDA

View Full Version : MSR Cresson - Time to sign up

MikeP99Z
02-18-2013, 10:08 PM
The event has been open and ready for y'all to sign up. Git 'er done.

http://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1610

AI

Mark Lopilato
James Strader
John Linton
Mike Patterson
Mark Smith
Mike Snavely
Mike Stacy
Jim Dulaney
Casey Holdway
William Montgomery
Todd Covini
Eddie Rock

CMC

Sean Richardson
Brad Densmore
Ben Northrup
Team WWR
Team Jordan
Team Wahoo
Michael Mosty
Craig McCormick
Glenn Landrum
Aaron McSpadden
Pranav Patel
John Martin
James Proctor
Dan Allford
Wayne Stehle
Al Fernandez
Bryan Leinart

Suck fumes
02-19-2013, 06:08 PM
Been a few years since I've been there. Should be a blast!

rleng1
02-19-2013, 07:59 PM
Team Wahoo is in. I'll need to remind Rob to not go wide heading into Rattlesnake.

HoustonNW
02-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Team Wahoo is in. I'll need to remind Rob to not go wide heading into Rattlesnake.

Rattlesnake? What about Ricochet? I don't care what Glenn says, there is a pond down there and I think you can end up in it if you go off fast enough!!

Edit to add: Whoops, forgot about the Golden Helmet airtime. Rob, worry about Rattlesnake!

AllZWay
02-20-2013, 08:57 AM
I'll sign up as soon as I get my rearend back in the car. Hopefully it will be done at the shop this week.

michaelmosty
02-20-2013, 09:31 AM
I just signed up.
We should also have a good group of incoming rookies that completed the comp school this past weekend.
CMC: Craig McCormick (yellow fox), Pranav (black 4th gen)
AI: James Strader (white fox), Ian (blue SN99), Mike Snavely (orange SN99)

It should be a huge event!!

ShadowBolt
02-20-2013, 11:02 AM
Rattlesnake? What about Ricochet? I don't care what Glenn says, there is a pond down there and I think you can end up in it if you go off fast enough!!

Edit to add: Whoops, forgot about the Golden Helmet airtime. Rob, worry about Rattlesnake!

Not to worry Wayne,

I went off there going CCW in a Lamborghini Gallardo with Keith Varges driving. We were hauling the mail but did not get that close to the pond so a CMC car is not going in if you spin. Maybe if you drive it out there.

JJ

Suck fumes
02-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Haha. I raced with Keith for a long time in SM. He's crazy! I still remember a number of years back when he got his first gallardo, he had parked it way in the back by the garages at MSR cresson and while he was away someone in a Nissan 240 somehow managed to back into the driver door! He was not happy haha!

ShadowBolt
02-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Haha. I raced with Keith for a long time in SM. He's crazy! I still remember a number of years back when he got his first gallardo, he had parked it way in the back by the garages at MSR cresson and while he was away someone in a Nissan 240 somehow managed to back into the driver door! He was not happy haha!

This was seven or eight years ago when I was doing The Drivers Edge events. It was a yellow Lambo. He is not a very talkative guy and he was mad as hell at himself when we went off. After we came in and Rick looked over the car we went back out and He scared the crap out of me! I have never seen anyone wait so long to brake. I have a picture on the wall in my office of us in the hot pit and there is grass between the wheels and tires.

JJ

Suck fumes
02-20-2013, 06:36 PM
That's Keith!! haha. That last minute braking thing works in a miata with the right pads but you can't get away with it in every car as he found out haha.

Yah his original one was yellow too but I think after it got hit he went and got another one so the damage wouldn't show up on his insurance or something along those lines. Not sure what the final result was. I just remember he was Pissed!

He's a nice guy just is really hard on himself when he makes mistakes, he was like that when I used to run with him.

Bacook
02-23-2013, 05:21 PM
I just signed up today! I had a scheduling conflict in January, but #80 is ready for Cresson.

MikeP99Z
02-25-2013, 08:04 PM
Nice to see folks signing up early. This helps Dave a bunch.

jdlingle
02-25-2013, 08:29 PM
I hope you are TWS. I really want to see that car!

GlennCMC70
02-25-2013, 10:29 PM
Signed up today. Should have new shoes and a new opti as well.

MikeS
02-25-2013, 11:54 PM
I just signed up.
We should also have a good group of incoming rookies that completed the comp school this past weekend.
CMC: Craig McCormick (yellow fox), Pranav (black 4th gen)
AI: James Strader (white fox), Ian (blue SN99), Mike Snavely (orange SN99)

It should be a huge event!!

Should be there. Steering problem diagnosed.

Rob Liebbe
02-26-2013, 08:36 AM
Should be there. Steering problem diagnosed.

What was the problem/solution?

MikeS
02-26-2013, 08:05 PM
Had someone install (I don't really weld) a solid steering column a few days before comp school so I could get the wheel in the right place. Turned out that there was some kind of problem with the sleeve holding up the column which caused a ridiculous amount of friction. Problem should be resolved in the next few days, and as a bonus I should have time to get my ABS working and install a remote shifter.

smitty328
02-27-2013, 03:27 PM
I hope you are TWS. I really want to see that car!

It's the best looking car out there. I just hope the first dent isn't as bad as mine was.

Suck fumes
02-27-2013, 04:43 PM
Finally did some testing on my new beast. It's almost ready for cresson.

BryanL
03-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Hey Jerry-don't worry about hooking up your camera-this is all you are going to see if you are even lucky enough to keep up.

http://john4kc.smugmug.com/NASARacing/Hallett-OK-June-9-10/Thunder-Saturday/23547555_NHq6mv#!i=1904363891&k=VgS5db4&lb=1&s=A

ShadowBolt
03-01-2013, 04:49 PM
I will be racing All and Glen. You will not be in the neighborhood.

JJ

GlennCMC70
03-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Glenn will be in the back. If I do better than that, it will be a good day. If you finish behind me, you suck.

ShadowBolt
03-01-2013, 06:26 PM
Glenn will be in the back. If I do batter than that, it will be a good day. If you finish behind me, you suck.

Yeah, I bet.

AllZWay
03-04-2013, 09:38 AM
Just signed up... Got the rearend back in the car.

Rob Liebbe
03-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Just signed up... Got the rearend back in the car.

Damn!!!! Errr...I mean...Good the hear, look forward to seeing you there!!!!

ShadowBolt
03-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Damn!!!! Errr...I mean...Good the hear, look forward to seeing you there!!!!

That's what I was thinking. I could get used to the big dollars in Toyo Bucks like I got without Dan and James. But I guess I'll have to learn to earn them.

Jerry

David Love AI27
03-04-2013, 02:15 PM
that's what i was thinking. I could get used to the big dollars in toy bucks like i got without dan and james. But i guess i'll have to learn to earn them.

Jerry

you can do it!!!

BryanL
03-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Went to the doc for my physical today-just waiting for my bloodwork to come back. Doc thought I was interesting since I had a plate in my head and missing a digit-I just told him you should see the rest of the guys I race against. Luckily I'm just under 40 so I don't have any story's like Dr. Frank!
I need to find 50 pounds to add to the car after the rules change to make "2013-The Year of The Fox!"-checking with Smiley's about their 25 lb bricks-let me know if you have any easily mountable ballast you want to get rid of. Should get the car out of storage next Wed-Thur. Dyno scheduled for Friday morning. Looking forward to swapping paint with Glenn-just hope I can be a slacker-doubt I can keep up with that illegal #55. Can't wait to have a great time and have a little surprise in store, too.

Anyone want to flare some brake lines and get rid of my ABS so I can install a brake prop valve? Al/Glenn-can I get an annual on Friday afternoon/evening?

GlennCMC70
03-05-2013, 04:11 PM
My day Friday is booking up fast. I have a couple personal issue to deal w/ that day. I'll be there early and will be coming and going all day. Gotta be gone for the day by 6pm as I'm playing softball Friday nights now. I know - last thing I need on top of the current Work workload, 2 college classes (2 nights a week), both my girls softball teams practice 2 nights a week and Sat games and a cage for Rob somewhere in there.
Good thing the MSR-C event is the week of Spring Break.

Rob Liebbe
03-05-2013, 07:12 PM
My day Friday is booking up fast. I have a couple personal issue to deal w/ that day. I'll be there early and will be coming and going all day. Gotta be gone for the day by 6pm as I'm playing softball Friday nights now. I know - last thing I need on top of the current Work workload, 2 college classes (2 nights a week), both my girls softball teams practice 2 nights a week and Sat games and a cage for Rob somewhere in there.
Good thing the MSR-C event is the week of Spring Break.

Good thing I'm not in a big hurry. Just kidding - I don't see how you get all that stuff done, do you still sleep at night?

michaelmosty
03-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Went to the doc for my physical today-just waiting for my bloodwork to come back. Doc thought I was interesting since I had a plate in my head and missing a digit-I just told him you should see the rest of the guys I race against. Luckily I'm just under 40 so I don't have any story's like Dr. Frank!
I need to find 50 pounds to add to the car after the rules change to make "2013-The Year of The Fox!"-checking with Smiley's about their 25 lb bricks-let me know if you have any easily mountable ballast you want to get rid of. Should get the car out of storage next Wed-Thur. Dyno scheduled for Friday morning. Looking forward to swapping paint with Glenn-just hope I can be a slacker-doubt I can keep up with that illegal #55. Can't wait to have a great time and have a little surprise in store, too.

Anyone want to flare some brake lines and get rid of my ABS so I can install a brake prop valve? Al/Glenn-can I get an annual on Friday afternoon/evening?
Bryan, I have a 45 lb plate that you can borrow for the next few events if you wish. It did sit in a Fox for a few years so its a little whiny.
I'll also bring the Hutch for some late night bicycle slalom. ;^)

rleng1
03-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Michael, I got your 20 lb plate as well.

MikeS
03-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Rookie here.

1. Where do I get the "R" stickers for rookies?
2. I am not going to be able to get dynoed before this weekend. I can still run for no points, correct? Doubt I'd collect many from the back of the pack anyway...

GlennCMC70
03-06-2013, 10:42 PM
You are responsible for your own "R"'s.

MikeP99Z
03-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Rookie here.

2. I am not going to be able to get dynoed before this weekend. I can still run for no points, correct? Doubt I'd collect many from the back of the pack anyway...

You can post-race dyno. Or I can get you on a dyno on Friday at Alamo in Arlington.

GlennCMC70
03-07-2013, 08:57 AM
MikeS - Take MikeP up on his offer. Otherwise we will talk on Sat about the points, no points thing. If your not going to change anything on the motor power wise after MSR-C, it would be best to dyno prior to the event.

Pranav
03-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Who has the CMC windshield banner for 4th gens? I remember seeing a thread about it. Only thing I'm missing at this point.

EDIT: Nevermind I see that Al may have some and found the contact that makes them. Checking with Al, anyone in Houston have any or anyone have any they can bring to Cresson?

Trublu
03-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Glenn, I'm going to struggle getting the Dyno pulls completed prior as well. Will this be an issue?

Racebrat
03-07-2013, 08:20 PM
Hey Guys!

Looking forward to another fabulous event at MSRC. Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns prior to the weekend so that I can get everything handled before the event and we can focus on good, clean racing during the event. If anyone needs any contingency forms please let me know and I'll make sure to have them with me for you. I'm not bringing ANY body contact forms....we won't need them- right? :-) Since I am flying solo I plan on arriving sometime midday Friday. Find me if you need anything or feel free to shoot me a text or email.

See y'all next week!

A

MikeS
03-07-2013, 08:27 PM
You can post-race dyno. Or I can get you on a dyno on Friday at Alamo in Arlington.

Appreciate the offer, but I really think I'm going to have to post-race dyno. Friday I will do test and tune; this is the first time out with the car after a number of changes to bring it up to snuff. I'd rather find any problems on Friday than over the weekend.

MikeS
03-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Another slightly odd question: I have an orange car so an orange license plate won't really stand out.

I was thinking of putting blue tape around where the license plate would otherwise be and then putting the 'R' in the middle of that. Is that OK?

GlennCMC70
03-07-2013, 11:04 PM
Glenn, I'm going to struggle getting the Dyno pulls completed prior as well. Will this be an issue?
Lets talk at the track Sat about it.

GlennCMC70
03-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Another slightly odd question: I have an orange car so an orange license plate won't really stand out.

I was thinking of putting blue tape around where the license plate would otherwise be and then putting the 'R' in the middle of that. Is that OK?

That is fine.

edrock96GT
03-08-2013, 08:54 AM
When does registration close? I get paid on the 15th, and am still waiting on my new intake valve to come in.

Rob Liebbe
03-08-2013, 10:28 AM
That is fine.

Put a blue "R" on the plate.

Racebrat
03-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Eddie-

You will be fine- just bring the car and yourself to the track- I can take care of any registration issues you may have, although I doubt it will be a problem. :-)

A

GlennCMC70
03-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Car appears to be fixed. Mike P and myself spun the drums a dozen or so times today. If had a repeat of ECR every pull for 2-3 pulls in a row, swapped a MAP sensor and it ran fine. I think the bad opti (replaced as well) was causing the backfiring and missing and that killed the MAP sensor. Seems to be making more power than ever.
Thanks Mike for the help today. See you guys in a few days w/ a happy car.

GlennCMC70
03-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Also - The BBQ place on 377 there in Cresson just north of the track entrance is now closed. If you were planning to eat there, make new plans.

rleng1
03-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Was planning on bringing hamburgers, tri-tip, brats, ,and beans for Friday night.
Saturday night I will let Texas Financial Resources feed me.

MikeP99Z
03-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Car appears to be fixed. Mike P and myself spun the drums a dozen or so times today. If had a repeat of ECR every pull for 2-3 pulls in a row, swapped a MAP sensor and it ran fine. I think the bad opti (replaced as well) was causing the backfiring and missing and that killed the MAP sensor. Seems to be making more power than ever.
Thanks Mike for the help today. See you guys in a few days w/ a happy car.

Anytime! Glad it's running correctly.

Suck fumes
03-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Just finished racing at COTA. Man what an awesome track and a great test bed to dial in my setup! The car is golden for next weekend at cresson. Almost handles as well as my old Miata haha. Look forward to meeting you guys!

rleng1
03-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Can't wait.

GlennCMC70
03-10-2013, 11:32 PM
Guys- be sure and read the welcome letter for MSRC. Parking on the skid pad is restricted. Lets all be sure and park together like always.I am good the same spot as last year.

ShadowBolt
03-11-2013, 07:45 AM
Guys- be sure and read the welcome letter for MSRC. Parking on the skid pad is restricted. Lets all be sure and park together like always.I am good the same spot as last year.

Oh Joy. That sucked last year and I think we had a low turnout. Last year the part of the lot just to the left where you come through the gate was full of 18 wheelers so we did not have that to park in either. Maybe they will not be there this year. At least right now it's not supposed to rain so we can get off the pavement some.

JJ

Suck fumes
03-11-2013, 08:24 AM
So am I going to be able to get my annual tech and logbook late Friday afternoon/early evening?

edrock96GT
03-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Got the car together and running (again). Going to dyno some time this week and provided that goes well I'll be signing up.

kbrewmr2
03-11-2013, 10:20 AM

I didn't realize that was you that I walked up to and asked if Group 7 had run yet or I'd have introduced myself. Will look for ya @ Cresson

Casey_SS
03-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Got the car together and running (again). Going to dyno some time this week and provided that goes well I'll be signing up.

Glad to hear it! Looking forward to some good racing with you. Good luck on the dyno....git-r done and come have some fun :)

Trublu
03-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Glenn (et all). We are planning to be at Cressen Thursday night (new slightly used motorhome pulling the trailer), where exactly would be the right place to set up shop to be around/near the CMC crowd?

Cheers
Craig

GlennCMC70
03-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Glenn (et all). We are planning to be at Cressen Thursday night (new slightly used motorhome pulling the trailer), where exactly would be the right place to set up shop to be around/near the CMC crowd?

Cheers
Craig

So as you come down the entrance road and come to the stop sign, turn left and park right. Cone off an area for 30-35 AI/CMC cars.

GlennCMC70
03-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Be sure you have read this if your running MSR-C.

www.nasatx.com/pdf/Welcome_March_MSRC.pdf

Trublu
03-13-2013, 10:43 AM
Glenn

Instead of coning it off I will set up 3 Australian children under the age of 5; that will scare off anyone not containing sufficient testosterone to run AI/CMC

GlennCMC70
03-13-2013, 04:28 PM
Well let Micheal Mosty in anyways.

I took a quick count. Al F is not on the list, but is coming. Looks like 16 CMC so far. Not bad. I could see 20 easy for this event. TWS may be really big w/ Hallett being scary big if we get GL and RM guys out there.

BryanL
03-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Was planning on bringing hamburgers, tri-tip, brats, ,and beans for Friday night.
Saturday night I will let Texas Financial Resources feed me.

If you beat me then I'm not feeding you Saturday night! But I'll take some of your cooking Friday night.

Guys-I'm sponsoring the dinner as a thanks to what Dave and Revkah have done in texas. Though I don't have a clue about what we are eating or drinking.

Also be aware I am having a drawing after dinner. You have to drop in a business card or fill out a card. I'm giving away a free race weekend entry. Just make sure my hooptie is on track and ahead of the tuned and cheating #55. Any chance someone has the ability to check my alignment at the track? Dan, your crew coming?

RichardP
03-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Any chance someone has the ability to check my alignment at the track? Dan, your crew coming?

Dan and Craig will be there with the Orange thing but I won't be. They have the skills but not the tools. The alignment tools were in the trailer that we were relieved of a while back. The trailer has been replaced but the little details will take a while. I'm sure something can be worked out...

Richard P.

GlennCMC70
03-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Brian - call the NTB at Ridgemar and ask for Carl. He will do cash jobs. Tell him I sent you.

Al Fernandez
03-13-2013, 11:14 PM
Back in the US and signed up! :) Bryan, I have toe plates, tape measures, and a digital camber tool in my RV that you're welcome to borrow Friday.

Registered as of Wednesday evening:
AI
Covini
Dulaney
Holdway
Linton
Lopilato
Montgomery
Patterson
Smith
Snavely
Stacy
Strader

CMC
Allford
Densmore
English
Fernandez
Jordan
Landrum
Martin
McCormick
McSpadden
Mosty
Northrup
Patel
Proctor
Richardson
Stehle
WWR

MikeP99Z
03-14-2013, 10:51 AM
Eddie signed up, and Bryan is coming. So, we have 12 AI and 17 CMC on the list.