PDA

View Full Version : NASA Nationals - lets plan the trip and get this going.

GlennCMC70
08-10-2006, 09:05 AM
first thing. whos going?
Glenn
Todd
Nick
Jerry/Micah
Adam
Jeff
????
only CMC guys are going?????

what date do we leave on?
i like saturday. i want plenty of time to get there, plenty of time to look over the car one last time while there, plenty of time to meet others from the other regions. there is a practice day (tues or wed?) that i would like to attend (like to). there should be no problem w/ us getting there on early monday.

what route do we take?
i talked w/ some of the guys on one of the F-body boards and was told to go thru St. Louis. the rout thru Memphis is much more hilly and heavily traveled w/ big rigs. i'll look into this a little more. i have also asked those same guys if they would be willing to let me crash @ their place while in route. it would be a good idea to find out where those internet friends live and check to see if they would help out durring an on the road travel problem. get a list w/ thier address and phone numbers. if we travel in a group and we all have a list of local contacts in case of a problem (tow vehicle repairs) we should have the entire route covered.
** update - looks like the route thru Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville and up to Columbus is the shortest route. even for those comming from Houston, thats the shortest route vs going over to LA via Baton Rouge.

are we gonna be able to set-up our trailers and stuff together?
the enclosed trailers would make a good place to hang and parking 2 or 3 in an "L" or "U" shape would help w/ shade ect. i have an enclosed, and Matt has one too. who else? i also have 2 12x12 canopies. we could easily spread these out and span them w/ tarps to increase the shade, or span the enclosed traliers w/ shade. we also need to consider picking up some plywood as a working surface while parked on the grass. floor jacks and jackstands are gonna be worthless on the ground.

cooking out?
i will have to be eating on the cheep if i go. that means poptarts and sandwich's. items that can be purchased once there. who has a grill? gas would be best. we also need to pool assets w/ regards for coolers. having 7 coolers w/ all needing to be kept full of ice is gonna get $$ over a week period. i have a large double cooler, but if someone else has one, bring it, mines on o.k. shape.

tools?
i think we all need to bring our normal collection of hand tools. but we dont need 5 air compressors (as long as we all are able to park together).
Mitch's trailer has 2 Nitrogen bottles. plenty of grunt to run air tools and takes no volts to run it, so i'll check into getting some "air in a can". we will need light. my trailer has a floresent light in it and requires power. any drop lights will need power. so we will need a generator (i think) for this as i dont think we will have power provided.

i'll keep this post updated as things are changed and added so we dont have to read the whole thing to see where we stand.

input please.

macstang
08-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Micah and I are leaving Wed 6 september. We are going I 59-65-71 through Birmingham, nashville, Bowling green, Louisville, Cincinatti, Columbus.

We are stopping at my friends house Wed pm in bowling green for the night.

I am working in Indy Friday through Sunday. Micah is registered for the Mid Ohio School Friday, so he will be at the track then. Still not sure what he is doing for the weekend.

Micah has a generator that he used during the hurricane.

I have a small fridge that I use in the garage, and for camping.

It looks like we will be bringing LOTS of spare parts, to include a 5.0 engine and trans.

I think we just ran out of room with that.

I am not sure if I am bringing my red car or even what I am driving.

I have alot of tools/equipment as I was a dealership mechanic for 15 years. send requests.

I have a small propane grill that uses screw on bottles like a blow torch, so I bring my torch stuff too.

we have my easy up, and Micahs dad has a 20x10 awning.

I have a small tent. just big enough for me. unless yall wanna snuggle he he

I think it may be a good idea if we set up a garage area by putting together all the awnings, and putting the plywood under it, and use it for whoever needs to lift car etc. the rest can park in the grass around the area-just a suggestion.

Any word on AICMC texas stickers, banners, etc. We should have our US Army Racing t-shirts by then.

Anyone want me to bring a cherry picker? Mine folds up kinda compact, and can strap it on a trailer.

I think I have a few large tarps left over from the hurricane.

Anything else?

Lewis Tanner
08-10-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm there. I'm not racing, but I will get to tell every AI/CMC racer there what to do and when to do it as a group once during the weekend...

GlennCMC70
08-10-2006, 03:44 PM
you gonna be the starter?

Lewis Tanner
08-10-2006, 03:50 PM
you gonna be the starter?

For the championship race.

:D

now accepting bribes

AI#97
08-10-2006, 04:09 PM
I am teetering on the fence... going to do a lot of research into who is actually going this weekend. I am going to go look at the results from the races in each region and see if the fast or slow guys are going and then try to figure out who the competition is and what kind of car they got under them.

If it looks like a mid pack showing for AI#97....then I am out. Looking for top 5 or better to make it worth it. Anyone think I am up to that?! :?

donovan
08-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Go kick some ass!

David D.

mitchntx
08-10-2006, 07:01 PM
2 ifs ...

IF I can figure out how to get from Indianapolis to Lexington on Thursday night

and

IF I can co-drive with someone on the way back to Texas

I'll be there to help Lewis.

mitchntx
08-10-2006, 08:22 PM
2 ifs ...

and

Well the first "IF" has been taken care of.

An internet friend has offered to drive to indy and pick me up and then shuttle me to the track. He thinks I'm a 14 year old girl from a troubled home ... you guys just play along when we ge there ....

Need to work on the 2nd "IF" now ...

GlennCMC70
08-10-2006, 09:16 PM
you know i'll get ya to @ least Ft. Worth. :wink:

GlennCMC70
08-11-2006, 08:43 AM
lets keep this on topic. i updated route info.

David Love AI27
08-11-2006, 10:20 AM
2 ifs ...

and

Well the first "IF" has been taken care of.

An internet friend has offered to drive to indy and pick me up and then shuttle me to the track. He thinks I'm a 14 year old girl from a troubled home ... you guys just play along when we ge there ....

Need to work on the 2nd "IF" now ...

I may just drive up in the neon and tent camp, if so I can drop you off... make this a last resort cuz the neon is not the most comfortable car to ride long distance...

mitchntx
08-11-2006, 03:58 PM

Sorry ... i thought trying to make travel arrangements WAS on topic.

Should I start my own thread?

Todd Covini
08-11-2006, 04:18 PM
<<Where's that cat-fighting picture...I know I've seen it around here somewhere.>>

GlennCMC70
08-13-2006, 09:53 PM
guys, lets pick a night and go see the "Ballad of Ricky Bobby" while in Ohio.

AI#97
08-14-2006, 08:06 AM
I am out....not worth the risk or effort at this point.

Ya'll have fun now ya hear!

GlennCMC70
08-14-2006, 08:30 AM
puss.

AI#97
08-14-2006, 11:03 AM
puss.

Ha, you're funny! Car is for sale and I am not going to risk it... Houston yes because I think we monkeys have enough respect for each other. Nationals is a different story... and I don't feel like doing body work....pretty simple really.

Mike Bell
08-14-2006, 11:06 AM
I have no respect for any other monkey. :lol:

dirwin
08-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Come On Matt! My car is just going into the body shop from the last time I was in Houston!

Just think, 70-80 AI/AIX/CMC all on the track at the same time :shock: What damage could you possibly incur?

Lewis Tanner
08-14-2006, 11:46 AM

http://www.space-explorers.com/internal/events/weekly/images/dyk2monkey.jpg

Not even the space monkey?

AI#97
08-14-2006, 12:20 PM
Just think, 70-80 AI/AIX/CMC all on the track at the same time :shock: What damage could you possibly incur?

exactly! I want to get as much out of this hulk so I can get the street car I want with cash instead of having to finance a Suzuki POS!

If anyone knows someone looking for a decent AI car....let me know. They would be getting a well sorted car for the price.

RichardP
08-14-2006, 02:49 PM
If anyone knows someone looking for a decent AI car....let me know. They would be getting a well sorted car for the price.

Yea, used AI cars usually sell quickly for big money... or not. Good luck with that. :(

In that other group, the only race cars that command reasonable money for the seller are the ones that did well at the Runoffs... :)

Richard P.

AI#97
08-14-2006, 03:19 PM

Yea, used AI cars usually sell quickly for big money... or not. Good luck with that. :(

In that other group, the only race cars that command reasonable money for the seller are the ones that did well at the Runoffs... :)

Richard P.

It may take a year to sell it but I have made up my mind to sell it and get out of racing.....I REALLY miss having a street car and this weekend sealed the deal... I wanted to go out and get an ice cream cone...quickly...and all I had was my truck! Can't really do any spirited driving in that monstrosity and the AI car just draws too much attention!

After this year I might do an occassional DE or even a race event or two till it sells but I want something I can drive any day rain or shine... I like the fact we can go out and have some fun at the NASA races but $300 in Toyo bucks isn't enough incentive anymore. F$&K!! Now I am sounding like John!!! :wink: :P

Have you guys had any luck finding a motor? I sent Chris a link to a long block up here in Dallas....DSS 306 with some decent heads and cam??? Pretty good price too!

Mike Bell
08-14-2006, 03:44 PM

http://www.space-explorers.com/internal/events/weekly/images/dyk2monkey.jpg

Not even the space monkey?

Ham gets a free pass. Anything that's been past the Karman line and back is OK in my book.

michaelmosty
08-14-2006, 04:12 PM
Below is Matt's ad from corner-carvers.

FOR SALE:
Race winning AI Mustang, will trade for quick street car. Must be able to drive to get ice cream cone, quickly!!! :lol: :wink:

Mike Bell
08-14-2006, 04:32 PM
No ice cream down at the club griggs paddock these days?

Sorry Glenn, I have contributed widely to the hijack and general screwing up of your Nationals thread.

mitchntx
08-14-2006, 04:35 PM
Yeah, but he yells at me ...

AllZWay
08-14-2006, 04:39 PM

I wanted to ask Matt what his plans were....but I was afraid of Glenn butt chewing for messing up his thread......but I think it is too late for that now.

Matt... Glenn and I have both a street car and a race car. Just buy a cheaper street car or build a cheaper race car. :D

Lewis Tanner
08-14-2006, 04:52 PM
Sorry Glenn, I have contributed widely to the hijack and general screwing up of your Nationals thread.

At least you didn't eat his chocolate squirrel.

I can almost see Glenn's face turning a little red as he reads this... :)

Mike Bell
08-14-2006, 04:56 PM

You're in the "family circle", I'm not. :)

AI#97
08-14-2006, 06:18 PM

At least you didn't eat his chocolate squirrel.

I can almost see Glenn's face turning a little red as he reads this... :)

Ain't it great! We can't keep anything on topic around here!!!

Glenn, I suggest you just start a small email group. There are only about 5 of you guys going so it might be better to keep it amongst yourselves so WE can't screw it up for you!

For the record, car WAS posted on CC.com however there is no one with any money on that site...only reasonable offer I had was a straight trade for on 05 mustang which was a car I didn't want.

I will have to do some serious sweet talking to the wife to get another car AND the race car. She would have to give up her spot in the garage and she complains enough when AI97 is sitting in the middle of it in pieces! :lol:

I love the idea of having both....however, no offense to Wayne and John.....I don't want to have to rent a shop to house all my toys I never have time to play with.....course Wayne nearly solved his problem by having 3 trailers to store stuff in!!! I like living with a lot less stuff so there is MUCH less to move when it comes time.

we will see what happens because as most of us know, it takes so long to sell a race car that goals change, presidents change and eastern european countries change their names and kindergardeners graduate from Grad school!

<----thread hi-jacker extraordinare! :P

GlennCMC70
08-14-2006, 10:15 PM

i like how you guys think i'm yelling @ ya. hell, dont make me caps lock yo ass.
mitch booked his flight today - one way. for the drive home, he now walks a mile for each off topic post. @ this rate, he'll have to walk all the way home and back to Mid Ohio.
now ya gotta admitt, i know how to motivate you guys, right? :wink:

Lewis Tanner
08-15-2006, 12:06 AM
http://www.zylosbackyard.com/supraforums/3.jpg

I was wondering where Mitch's cats were, but I found out that he's trained them and they're making him a little money on the side.

Good to see he's coming to the party. When are you flying in, Mitch? I'm getting a rental car and would be happy to share it.

mitchntx
08-15-2006, 01:48 PM
I arrive in Indianapolis on the 11th.

I have a seminar I'm working the 12, 13, 14.

An internet aquaintance is meeting me in Indy and we're driving back to his place for a sleep-over and then on to the track ...

When he asked what I looked like, I sent him this picture ....

http://gadost.at.tut.by/ugly/girl2.jpg

party time!

And I'm still discussing travel arrangements, so the OT Nazis have no case.

AllZWay
08-15-2006, 02:49 PM
Nice wig there Mitch.... I hardly recognized you. :shock:

chicane23
08-15-2006, 03:08 PM

What is club Griggs?

I like the fact we can go out and have some fun at the NASA races but $300 in Toyo bucks isn't enough incentive anymore. F$&K!! Now I am sounding like John!!!

Matt, the light at the end of the long tunnel is very bright! Walk this way! ;-)

Mike Bell
08-15-2006, 03:23 PM

What is club Griggs?

Where Matt parks.

michaelmosty
08-15-2006, 03:29 PM

What is club Griggs?

I like the fact we can go out and have some fun at the NASA races but $300 in Toyo bucks isn't enough incentive anymore. F$&K!! Now I am sounding like John!!!

Matt, the light at the end of the long tunnel is very bright! Walk this way! ;-)

What "way" are you referring to?

marshall_mosty
08-15-2006, 03:33 PM
John,
Are you going to race AV8SS next year? They seem to have very nice payouts, if my memory serves me correctly.

Otherwise, I don't know of any grassroots organization with payouts... but then again, I haven't looked very hard.

GlennCMC70
08-15-2006, 03:34 PM
... I like the fact we can go out and have some fun at the NASA races but $300 in Toyo bucks isn't enough incentive anymore.

i hope i never get to the point that i'm ONLY in this for the money. i'm here cause DE's were not doing it for me anymore. i'm having fun. is it possible you picked the wrong class for yourself? i'm very happy w/ the class i'm in, as are many others. in fact, i dont know any CMC guys who are unhappy w/ CMC.
but hey, go back to a street car and bench race w/ the kids @ the local hangout. but remember, first liar dont stand a chance! :wink:

jeffburch
08-15-2006, 04:02 PM
"I was a tellin Glenn he oughtta run AI.............................."

jb

GlennCMC70
08-15-2006, 04:04 PM
:lol:

mitchntx
08-15-2006, 04:28 PM
... I like the fact we can go out and have some fun at the NASA races but $300 in Toyo bucks isn't enough incentive anymore.

i hope i never get to the point that i'm ONLY in this for the money. i'm here cause DE's were not doing it for me anymore. i'm having fun. is it possible you picked the wrong class for yourself? i'm very happy w/ the class i'm in, as are many others. in fact, i dont know any CMC guys who are unhappy w/ CMC.
but hey, go back to a street car and bench race w/ the kids @ the local hangout. but remember, first liar dont stand a chance! :wink:

Amazing what a few wins will do for a person's attitude and outlook on life.

AI#97
08-15-2006, 05:18 PM
deleted lengthy comment because it was headed for the toilet like in March..... sorry.

AI#97
08-15-2006, 05:28 PM

Try it some time.... When you have a competitive nature...it's tougher to rationalize the effort vs. the payoff.... :?

Think of the 1000's of hours you spend in the garage building the car....then the hours of effort while learning to get where we are today as drivers, then the 10's of 1000's of dollars we have spent to get here.... picture all that in your mind and look over at 4, or less, $2 plastic medals in your right hand from a weekend's efforts.......and you will realize why I keep mentioning the idea of Trophy girls or even REAL trophies. You missed what the TSRS guys were getting for their wins....granted they were maybe $40 trophies but a hell of a lot better conversational piece than something that looks like a track and field medal from Junior high..... :roll: sorry approaching March again...I will clam up.....

Mike Bell
08-15-2006, 05:30 PM
Ahh, it's all just teasing fellas. I wish I would get up there with the fast crowd in CMC. Looks like I'm on the decade plan lol.

michaelmosty
08-15-2006, 05:40 PM
Trophy's or no trophy's I just feel extremely fortunate for the opportunity to race with an awesome group of individuals!!!
After R4 at TWS, Nick edged me out by 1/2 a car length at the finish and I still had a big-ass smile on my face finishing 6th.
I'll let you know what I think of 1st place in October. :wink:

GlennCMC70
08-15-2006, 05:46 PM
i put in the same work as anyone and get the same $2 medals. i think its worth it cause i'm not in it for the bling.
[/img]

mitchntx
08-15-2006, 05:58 PM

Try it some time.... When you have a competitive nature...it's tougher to rationalize the effort vs. the payoff.... :?

Think of the 1000's of hours you spend in the garage building the car....then the hours of effort while learning to get where we are today as drivers, then the 10's of 1000's of dollars we have spent to get here.... picture all that in your mind and look over at 4, or less, $2 plastic medals in your right hand from a weekend's efforts.......and you will realize why I keep mentioning the idea of Trophy girls or even REAL trophies. You missed what the TSRS guys were getting for their wins....granted they were maybe $40 trophies but a hell of a lot better conversational piece than something that looks like a track and field medal from Junior high..... :roll: sorry approaching March again...I will clam up.....

First of all, Matt, I was quoting glenn, not necessarily you ...

Second ... I can only speak for myself ...

Trophy would be great ... trophy girls even better ...

I was headed down your exact path ... a nice street car and was quickly headed maiking it a race car.

Fortunately, I caught a wiff of reality and saw all those zeroes you pointed out flashing before my eyes. I couldn't justify the expense ... not at my income level.

So, I stopped doing the DE stuff as it was getting a little boring just waiting for point bys from the same mini Cooper lap after lap.

When I heard how cheap it was to run a CMC car, I was very skeptical. Issues aside, I am pleased with my decision. I sold my street car 6 months ago and really haven't missed it.

The number of zeroes "spent" have gone down tremendously and I can justify keeping it as long as I don't become obssessed.

When the car begins taking over my and my family's life, then I have a problem that needs serious treatment.

Everyone is different. Some of the guys in this group are stupid competitive, willing to spend everything for one of those medals and their name lifted up on the internet. BFD.

The absolute MOST fun I've EVER had was racing 2 guys for 5th place at Hallett last year. 2 and 3 changes in postion per lap for 4 or 5 laps straight. No one touched, no one got too aggressive and no one got pissed off.

After Hallett this year, the fun disappeared and everything got too serious for this simple, east Texas farm boy.

I'm hoping that I can recharge and that things can get back to the reasons I began racing in this series. Like me, maybe a break is what you need.

Stop posting on the internet, put the car on jack stands and forget about for a few weeks. Then go out to the garage and re-evaluate. Don't make a hasty decision you will later regret.

GlennCMC70
08-15-2006, 06:21 PM
here is what i did w/ my $2 medals. i think its a great conversational piece.

GlennCMC70
08-15-2006, 06:24 PM
sorry about the size, but you get the idea.

dirwin
08-15-2006, 06:24 PM
If I am remembering correctly Carroll Smith said that fewer than 500 people in the world make a very good living driving a race car, and most of those are in Europe win open wheel.

Try to justify doing this for the money and you will be very disappointed. I watch guys at the dirt track that think they are making money when they win a payout that is equal to the fuel they used. However they want to look at it is up to them.

A chance to race a car wheel to wheel is something very few people get to do, one reason for that is simple, cost. There is no cheap racing. If you look at the Grand Am teams, most are looking for "well funded drivers" that means guys who will buy the chance to drive with the hopes of being seen. Just doesn't happen very often, lightning in a bottle comes to mind.

If you can afford it, race for the fun, if it isn't any fun anymore, you probably would be spending you money better elsewhere. Not a poke, just a point, with what racing really cost, you could direct that money elsewhere and get a lot of enjoyment, kids, spouse, charity, etc...

Matt, you seem like a fun person to race with, I hope you are there when we get these tanks up front with you. If not, I hope you are spending the money on something you enjoy. John G is one of the main reasons we moved to AI and while I am disappointed he is not going to run AI, and will feel the same if you leave, this is too expensive a game not to have fun. Still wish you two would follow Mitch's idea, put the cars on stands for a while, find the fun again, and come back and race.

Born then die, what happens in the middle is up to us.

dirwin
08-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Glenn, THAT is cool.

Dave

GlennCMC70
08-15-2006, 06:39 PM
thanks.
by the way, what area of Tyler do you live in? i grew up in Whitehouse (Whitehouse girls are easy - yes, i know). My mom lives off Broadway and Rice, my sister off south 69, and my brother is in Chandler. i lived there my whole life till i joined the military.
Tyler is the biggest little town in Tx.

AI#97
08-15-2006, 06:59 PM
Guys, just to be clear...I NEVER said I wasn't having fun. After R1 this past weekend, CM and I were smiling till race 4 on Sunday from all the lead changes and just hard ass close racing and putting on one HELL of a show. From what I understand, the FEW people in the stands were going apeshit when I passed him going into T1....it's what this series is about...loud exhaust and lead changes at 145mph! It was fun.

I guess my two points are....

1. for the money, I would like to enjoy driving the car more. I have been doing double duty at NASA, about 2/3 of the BMWCCA autox's this year and hope to do more instructing gigs. This is still not enough seat time....I want more...what can I say, I am addicted to it! I have the sailboat for when I want to relax and chill....but I need to do more of that too!!! :shock:

2. Want to see more out of NASA TX....trophies, girls, radio time...TV TIME like TSRS, marketing of ANY kind....to get folks into the stands, into the DE programs and build this region with ticket sales...DE student count in the 100+ range and weekend title sponsors to help pick up the tab. Toyo isn't going to be there forever if they aren't getting the exposure....keep that in mind.

And to put an end to all the BS about putting the car away....NO CHANCE!!! I built this thing to have the shit flogged out of it and to make a run for a top 3 for the season...that has changed given the opportunities that have risen and it is now a 110% effort for 1st. In all the sports I played as a kid I never learned any other way to do things....it was all or nothing. Maybe that's the problem but I am pig headed bastard and won't change!!! Hey, atleast I understand my faults?! :wink:

And glenn.....for being someone "not into bling".....that board is pretty "blingy".....I like it and thanks for the idea....but I am going to need a bigger board!!! :twisted:

jeffburch
08-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Bev did this for me with my '05 bling.
I love it.
jb

GlennCMC70
08-15-2006, 07:19 PM
it not "bling", its pride. i told the NASA folks the even thought this level of racing is "special olympics racing" (quote from Lou G. earlier this year), it really means alot to me. like Micheal said, i'm very happy to be racing and very pridefull about it. this group is a good group and has alot of depth. racing is all i have right now and i put my all into it, while i'm able to do it.
@ some point i will have to cut back alot in my raicng, but i will never go back to DE's. if i can only make 1-3 events a year, then thats what i will do. my car will only be for sale to make room for a new CMC car.

ps- glad we kept this on topic. :roll:

dirwin
08-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Glenn,

I actually live in Lindale. Capps and I own the Ford dealership in Tyler and I run the day to day operations. Tyler is the biggest small town in East Texas for sure. Beautiful country, traffic is bad, but no Houston or Dallas, the people are great, the only thing we are missing is a close race track, but you can't have everything.

I was born in Henderson, grew up in Ft. Worth and Houston, went to school in Nac when I got out of the service, move to Houston again after SFA and spent 11 years trying to get back north, I just love East Texas. You couldn't pay me enough to go back to Houston.

Dave

mitchntx
08-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Erase that god aweful big picture. Jesus.

After wearing my scroll bar out, I think I read all your post, Matt.

You make some very valid points. Feelings not unlike my own.

mitchntx
08-15-2006, 08:16 PM
Glenn,

I actually live in Lindale.

Dave

I grew up outside of Frankston in LaRue. Graduated LaPoynor High. There were 23 in my graduating class ... 8)

chicane23
08-15-2006, 08:38 PM
This is a reply to Marshall and Glenn mostly...

At this time I'm not planning on racing in any wheel to wheel series/races other than the instructors group at TDE. The instructor group is way different than the red or yellow run groups. I've been running there for years and have always enjoyed it and the people have always been great. To be honest with you, I miss the old group of people that I ran with at TDE, which includes Wayne. You don’t have to worry about your car coming home with a new bump or bruises each weekend.
I plan to visit some new tracks with Joe J. and Wayne in the very near future and have a blast.

There were a few reasons I came to NASA AI. One was I knew I could win. I decided to run AI verses CMC because I have had many stock Mustangs or CMC style Mustangs over the years and I hated the way they handled. I wanted to go fast with a bit of expense. I had a street car that already fit the AI bill and it handled very nice and was not going to step down to CMC.

There are a ton of reasons I have stepped away from AI and this time has given me the opportunity to spend some great time with my family. Not to mention staying away from the heat and chaos within this series. It’s not that I’m unhappy with the NASA AI series in general. I’m just happier away from it. I will say I have learned a lot from my racing experiences, both from NASA and people within the series.

I’m not sure how anyone would be in NASA AI for the money. If it was about money I would have kept my old blue car and continued to kick everyone’s @$$ in it and making the necessary little improvements (lightening it up, lexan, etc) to make it even more unbeatable.
The reason I built my new ’04 Cobra was I never had the opportunity to build a real race car. Now I’m going to enjoy the car at my leisure in cooler temperatures and with my family.

GlennCMC70
08-15-2006, 08:55 PM
its my thread, i'll make it bigger if you dont leave me alone. :P

and i can post it in your threads too!

Waco Racer
08-16-2006, 11:41 AM
i told the NASA folks the even thought this level of racing is "special olympics racing" (quote from Lou G. earlier this year), it really means alot to me.

I'm not sure about Lou G.'s quote but I've always heard that racing a Ford is like the Special Olympics, you may win but you're still a retard.

Sorry, I know it's not PC and I am a race official.

mitchntx
08-16-2006, 01:19 PM
i told the NASA folks the even thought this level of racing is "special olympics racing" (quote from Lou G. earlier this year), it really means alot to me.

I'm not sure about Lou G.'s quote but I've always heard that racing a Ford is like the Special Olympics, you may win but you're still a retard.

And I'm gonna quote it before you can edit it ...

mitchntx

And I'm gonna quote it before you can edit it ...

mitchntx
Twice

Mike Bell
08-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Too bad we don't get to vote for Race Director, err, I mean King. :lol:

AI#97
08-16-2006, 01:32 PM

Wow! the words Race Official and Retard used in the same short post!

Insert funny graphic here----->

AI#97
08-16-2006, 01:35 PM
As far as the "in it for the money".....ha, fat chance.

All I am looking for is something from the folks for whom we put on the show for!.. We risk, we pay.....I know that is PART of racing....but so is sponsorships and contingencies that actually pay out....don't even get me started on the Painless BS....stickers and certificates are in the trash can.... :roll:

bossskip302
08-25-2006, 12:05 AM
David, I maybe have met you at
the track...not in any formal setting?. My Son Scott and I are heavily promoted by TEXStar Ford in Stephenville. You passed me going into one wide never looking back and won your race looked like a blast!.We don't plan to take the 05' however have been pondering the idea to do indepth interviews, emotions , feelimgs as they happen. I'd buy my own tech euipment and sound stuff to boot...intially getting the reactions of the Texas racers, then tie it all in with the whole experiance, from the "Dudes" from Colo.. to everyones pit crewsand friends
Spend the whole weekend filming bench racing, trails and tribulations and of corurse racing. great pr and all whom attend can write some words of wisddom in this book in print or person.
Charge would be low...cover some costs I'm notdoing this to make the house payment...however would nice to have these ta all the texas events.
Skip
69 AIX 06 champ

bossskip302
08-25-2006, 12:22 AM
'm a retard.....

There'somethink to be said by stirring all the shit up in our group and then hauling ass.
:roll:

Skip

Dove hunting in 6 days.....

Waco Racer
08-25-2006, 09:42 AM
Hey, don't shoot the messenger! :shock:

AI#97
08-25-2006, 10:25 AM
Hey, don't shoot the messenger! :shock:

We don't shoot messengers anymore...we just shoot the dead horse he rode in on over and over! :lol: