PDA

View Full Version : Internet broadcasts, Hallett, etc

nasa-rm
05-01-2013, 12:04 PM
Who watched this over the weekend?

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/3771332/events/2061134

Not too bad for a quick BETA test of what can be done on a small scale. If we were able to put this together for Hallett, I need ideas on raising the funds to get it done. This all revolves around a decent internet upload speed (we need at least 5M constant upload, but 8-10 is better).

I want to broadcast 2 race groups and the Thunder group is one that I know can sell.

Would each driver be willing to bump their entry fees $100 each for the weekend to give exposure for NASA and their classes? Get mom and dad to pitch in the extra $100 so they can watch you race on the computer vs going to the track. Your business?

We can also use large "gold level" sponsors. Do you know of any companies with $5k to $10k with an advertising budget willing to get full embedded logos, name announcements, and add spots? Racing related or not, if racers are their target market we can work with it.

This is something I've been waiting for to get at Hallett and we've finally got the technology, quality at and affordable place.

edrock96GT
05-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Late Model Resto in Waco, TX comes to mind for a gold level thing, just because they're the biggest local mustang parts store I can think of. I know I don't speak for everybody, but an extra $100 added to the entry fee might sting a little.

Edit: Definitely a good idea though. I've often said how nice it would be if we try and attract spectators. Maybe eventually they could cover most of the cost and we could get paid to race instead of paying. :D

nasa-rm
05-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Anybody have a contact over there?

Chuck
05-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Anybody have a contact over there?

The owner is Shannon Guderian, a nice guy to talk to if you can get him on the phone. 866-507-3786 is the main phone number. Way back when, one of the AI/CMC annual parties was hosted by LRS at their shop near Waco.

Chuck
CMC#14

ShadowBolt
05-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Notice the silence? I think $50.00 extra would go over a lot better. I spend so much money on Hallett weekend that another $50.00 will not make a difference.

JJ

Al Fernandez
05-03-2013, 11:53 PM
yeah, think an extra 100 is too much

BryanL
05-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Definitely a cool deal but not sure that many would want to spend another $100 for it. None of my family cares that much to watch the race-I don't even have an in car camera. I guess between our group and Miata's there is potential for over 70 cars so I understand the $100 a racer.
How much would you pay me to be the announcer? I have experience commentating for high school football-where do I send my audition tape? I'll invite the host of RU Faster than A Redneck to be my color commentator, too.

AI#97
05-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Do they have internet in that part of Oklahoma?! Seriously? Teeth come as a premium there...can't imagine how hard it is to get 10mb internet....?

nasa-rm
05-09-2013, 10:58 AM
Do they have internet in that part of Oklahoma?! Seriously? Teeth come as a premium there...can't imagine how hard it is to get 10mb internet....?

The track is supposedly getting fiber as we speak.

jeffburch
05-17-2013, 11:30 AM

Okies and aggies have so much in common.

Rob Liebbe
05-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Okies and aggies have so much in common.

Burch comes out of the woodwork! Good to see ya Jeff!!