PDA

View Full Version : half day practice Hallett

ShadowBolt
06-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Is anyone wanting to do a half day practice? I know several of us have done so in the past. Sounds like if you drive up from DFW on Friday morning like Michael and several others have done in the past you are not going to get in the track until 4:00 PM unless you are signed up for a day of practice. Has anyone ask Connie about this? I have done half day every year but I saw Connie jump Gary one time when he ask about half day. She told him she was trying to make a living and he was taking food off her table or something like that. She was not happy and turned on him in a second! This may not sound like Connie but ask Gary if you think I'm BS'n you. I want to get to the track Thursday 7 or 8 PM and do half day of practice on Friday afternoon. Anyone talked to her about it? If not I will call her tomorrow and see what I can do.

JJ

marshall_mosty
06-15-2013, 08:52 AM
Jerry,
I'd be interested in a half day practice.

Alien
06-15-2013, 11:29 AM
Yup, the next year I had to fix uh... something on my car in the morning so could only do the second half of the day. ;)

Key is to not try sign up for the 'afternoon' session at 8am.

michaelmosty
06-15-2013, 02:33 PM
I'll be looking to do the 1/2 day. Hope to leave Dallas around 6:00 and arrive at Hallett around 11:30 on Friday.

ShadowBolt
06-15-2013, 04:49 PM
I'll be looking to do the 1/2 day. Hope to leave Dallas around 6:00 and arrive at Hallett around 11:30 on Friday.

If you read what it says you will not be able to enter the track unless you are signed up for the full day practice. This is the point of my post. I guess I was not clear. Unless you are signed up for a whole day you will not be able to enter the track gate until 4:00 PM!

JJ

rleng1
06-15-2013, 06:18 PM
I called yesterday but did not talk to Connie. Had them put me on the list for TnT, and the lady i talked to said I could pay when I got there. Very nice I thought. At least my name is on the list.
I asked about a half day and she had not heard Connie mention one, but seemed nice about it.
May be worth a discussion with Connie to ensure there would be folks coming for a half day.

marshall_mosty
06-15-2013, 06:39 PM
So maybe the plan should be to call and get on the tnt list for the full day, show up at noon. Get in since you are on the list, then go ask if you can pay a discounted rate since you are just getting everything "ready"...

AllZWay
06-17-2013, 07:54 AM
Last year we were forced to park outside the gate. I had planned to do the 1/2 day, but we had a blowout on the motorhome and didn't get there until like 2:00....and then had to sit outside the gate until 4:00.

So...based on last years experience and Connie's letter, I am not even trying to get there before 4:00 this....shooting to get there around 4:30.

edrock96GT
06-17-2013, 08:00 AM
...I saw Connie jump Gary one time when he ask about half day. She told him she was trying to make a living and he was taking food off her table or something like that...

JJ

I would have then told her that I am now not going to pay for any practice, and asked her how she likes ramen...

ShadowBolt
06-17-2013, 08:06 AM
I would have then told her that I am now not going to pay for any practice, and asked her how she likes ramen...

Connie has always been super nice to me. I just know she can turn to the dark side because I saw it.

JJ

ShadowBolt
06-17-2013, 08:14 AM
I just e-mailed Connie and told her several of us were wanting to do half a day of practice. I will let you know what I hear back.

JJ

David Love AI27
06-19-2013, 02:39 PM
Last year we were forced to park outside the gate. I had planned to do the 1/2 day, but we had a blowout on the motorhome and didn't get there until like 2:00....and then had to sit outside the gate until 4:00.

So...based on last years experience and Connie's letter, I am not even trying to get there before 4:00 this....shooting to get there around 4:30.

Since you have to cross the track, you are kinda screwed... I got pretty friendly with all the cornerworkers over the years and since I'm always late where ever I go, they pretty much know me... otherwise you have to wait till lunch break or till the end of the day....

When Jason and I went to Taladega we were late and had to wait till lunch time because they lay steel ramps across the track... the work crew was pretty pissed to see that we were in an old crappy pickup and a 24 foot trailer...

ShadowBolt
06-19-2013, 04:17 PM
Since you have to cross the track, you are kinda screwed... I got pretty friendly with all the cornerworkers over the years and since I'm always late where ever I go, they pretty much know me... otherwise you have to wait till lunch break or till the end of the day....

When Jason and I went to Taladega we were late and had to wait till lunch time because they lay steel ramps across the track... the work crew was pretty pissed to see that we were in an old crappy pickup and a 24 foot trailer...

David Love late.......naaaw.

JJ