MikeP99Z
09-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Nov. 2 and 3.

edrock96GT
09-28-2013, 01:45 PM
Already? My bank account is still recovering from the last race. :p

marshall_mosty
09-29-2013, 11:59 AM
I won't be at ECR. Another wedding on the wife's side... sigh.

See you guys in 2014!!

Dulaney
10-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Geeze, Marshall. How many weddings is that this year? Free booze, but damn!

Pranav
10-02-2013, 06:22 PM
pranav is the first to sign up and the last to get to the track. Lol

jj

i just read this

Pranav
10-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Is anyone bringing their halloween costumes?

GlennCMC70
10-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Is anyone bringing their halloween costumes?

Yes. We are all driving to the track from home w/ our fire suits and helmets on.

marshall_mosty
10-03-2013, 02:20 AM
Geeze, Marshall. How many weddings is that this year? Free booze, but damn!

You're telling me... :). Thankfully there are no other wedding on the horizon. This clump of Nephews are all married now...

MikeP99Z
10-14-2013, 10:53 AM
Less than 3 weeks away. Let's get those entries in!

GlennCMC70
10-14-2013, 07:51 PM
I will be there. I will not be racing.

Rob Liebbe
10-14-2013, 08:00 PM
Jay Jordan - go ahead and stay home that weekend, I'll cover for ya.

JJordan
10-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Jay Jordan - go ahead and stay home that weekend, I'll cover for ya.

Not gonna happen! We have a rehearsal dinner Friday and a wedding Saturday that weekend, but I am going to make it work somehow. I may drive 1000 miles back and forth between ECR and Frisco, but I will be there...

Rob Liebbe
10-15-2013, 09:08 AM
Not gonna happen! We have a rehearsal dinner Friday and a wedding Saturday that weekend, but I am going to make it work somehow. I may drive 1000 miles back and forth between ECR and Frisco, but I will be there...

I knew you would make it, just rattling your cage a bit. Good luck and enjoy. I did the exact same thing last year or the year before, rehearsal and wedding in Arlington on the ECR race weekend.

rleng1
10-15-2013, 07:44 PM
Better watch Liebbe. Saw him with a Jordan Motorsports jacket on, and eating rib eyes from the motor home. Jus say in'.

nasa-rm
10-16-2013, 08:29 AM
Thats just how us Ford guys are.... Go big or go home!

ShadowBolt
10-16-2013, 10:46 AM
Is there a half day practice available for Friday?

JJ

Suck fumes
10-16-2013, 11:23 AM
I'll have to learn the track Saturday morning haha. Of all the times they have raced there I never went so hopefully it's not as bumpy as everyone said it was.

Fbody383
10-16-2013, 03:21 PM
In.

Is Ross bringing a Camry for a check ride?

AllZWay
10-16-2013, 03:32 PM
In.

Is Ross bringing a Camry for a check ride?

I ain't riding with him if he does. :o

BlueFirePony
10-16-2013, 04:52 PM
I will be there. I will not be racing.
I'm planning to come watch Saturday. Car is in 'frankenstein' pieces and i am travelling too much to get it back together before Christmas.
any thoughts on doing a Sat night BBQ like the good ol' days? I'd be willing to cook up some ribs, beef and spuds.

Rsmith350
10-16-2013, 05:11 PM
I ain't riding with him if he does. :o

I'm shooting for a running/ driving car by then......

ShadowBolt
10-16-2013, 05:29 PM
I'm planning to come watch Saturday. Car is in 'frankenstein' pieces and i am travelling too much to get it back together before Christmas.
any thoughts on doing a Sat night BBQ like the good ol' days? I'd be willing to cook up some ribs, beef and spuds.

Dave provides the Sat. meal.

JJ

Suck fumes
10-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Hope it's something good haha!

nasa-rm
10-16-2013, 10:55 PM
It appears we have a sponsor taking care of dinner on Saturday. They happen to own a local distillary.

GlennCMC70
10-16-2013, 10:58 PM
Nice.

Fbody383
10-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Dave provides the Sat. meal. Shhhhh.... he said ribs.... beef....

Fbody383
10-17-2013, 09:49 AM
It appears we have a sponsor taking care of dinner on Saturday. They happen to own a local distillary. Were you forthcoming when you told them about "us?"

kbrewmr2
10-17-2013, 09:52 AM
Were you forthcoming when you told them about "us?"
You guys think you're the biggest drinkers? That's cute...

;)

Fbody383
10-17-2013, 09:56 AM
You guys think you're the biggest drinkers? That's cute... It could be the royal "US."

Ok, it's a deal... Mr. MR2 vs. AI/CMC.

Dr. Frank - break out the brandy.

kbrewmr2
10-17-2013, 02:03 PM
I was thinking TTers vs KnuckleDraggers... afterparty smackdown... my drinking team has a racing problem...

Royal "us" is fine too ;)

BlueFirePony
10-17-2013, 07:18 PM
Dave provides the Sat. meal.

JJ
No worries Jerry. Just thought I'd offer.
I was gonna use you guys as guinea pigs - err I mean, honorable taste testers - any way ;)
Pretty much perfected the ribs, but got two flavor profiles we've tried on the beef and could use a broader taste test before we take it to competition next year. Guess the neighbors will have to do :/

BlueFirePony
10-17-2013, 07:23 PM
You guys think you're the biggest drinkers? That's cute...

;)
I remember some serious drinkers in the TT ranks...well...remember is a bit of a stretch....some people told me that I drank with some serious drinkers in TT ... all I can remember is Mike Z. snorting Tequila...after that its all kinda blurry. Just like that time with my drinkin' buddies JLo and Rock at MSR-Houston .... with Kyri in Ohio I don't have a designated driver...any room in anyone's trailer for me over night? :)
Maybe I'll just stay home and give my liver a break.

Edit: or maybe I'll be the ref...since I haven't had the car on track for 2 years I resemble a ref...can't play, has a vague understanding of the rules and is more than willing to get in everyone's way....

MikeP99Z
10-17-2013, 10:35 PM
15 cars signed up. Where is everyone?

michaelmosty
10-17-2013, 10:44 PM
I just remember seeing Ken and his crew doing Goldschlager shots at MSRC in 2012 and I wanted to run for cover. Of course later that night Leinart flew over the handlebars on the Hutch slalom course so maybe the Goldschlager could have eased the pain.

I'm down for a good party night at ECR. I just can't let Al drive my dads truck and throw Raegan off the tailgate again, that would be bad timing!!!

MikeP99Z
10-17-2013, 11:15 PM
Hmm, less than 20 cars...might get combined with Blitz...

edrock96GT
10-17-2013, 11:38 PM
Hmm, less than 20 cars...might get combined with Blitz...

I anticipate a lot of last minute entries.

Suck fumes
10-18-2013, 07:13 AM
There are two other races the same weekend....NOLA, and an SCCA TWS regional. A lot of the entries for other classes are all split up because of that. I think there is only 8 miatas which is crazy!

edrock96GT
10-18-2013, 08:24 AM
There are two other races the same weekend....NOLA, and an SCCA TWS regional. A lot of the entries for other classes are all split up because of that. I think there is only 8 miatas which is crazy!

I don't think anyone in thunder is affected by SCCA, and there are no points to be had in NOLA. :p

BryanL
10-18-2013, 09:50 AM
I just remember seeing Ken and his crew doing Goldschlager shots at MSRC in 2012 and I wanted to run for cover. Of course later that night Leinart flew over the handlebars on the Hutch slalom course so maybe the Goldschlager could have eased the pain.

I'm down for a good party night at ECR. I just can't let Al drive my dads truck and throw Raegan off the tailgate again, that would be bad timing!!!

I think I was feeling pretty good already and just needed to catch my breath. Now the next day and weeks from a separated rib or whatever is a different story. Lot of fun that night though!!! I think your Hutch needs some rear spacers and 4 pot brakes.

On a sad note the #24 won't be there to try and keep up with the cheating #55. Even sadder is that I won't be in attendance either due to a wedding.

BlueFirePony
10-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Even sadder is that I won't be in attendance either due to a wedding.
Just say the car is broke...I think you should lose points or grid spot or something for using this excuse.

evarner
10-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Dang.. with the low car count, I could bring out the Lemons car and clean up...... if I still had it. :D

kbrewmr2
10-21-2013, 08:36 AM

Just for accuracy, those were Goldschlager AND pre-ban FourLoko shots....

MikeP99Z
10-24-2013, 08:54 AM
No Spec Iron cars registered yet. Guess they are going to Cars & Coffee. SI Texas - the show & shine guys.

Suck fumes
10-24-2013, 09:39 AM
I'm running mine in AI. Corey will join once he knows his flight schedule.

jeffburch
10-27-2013, 03:49 PM
FYI
NAPCAR weekend at TMS.

All three series.

Ya might steer clear of that area.

jb

AllZWay
10-27-2013, 06:14 PM
My parents aren't able to go this weekend. Anyone have a place I can crash at night?

Trublu
10-27-2013, 07:30 PM
My parents aren't able to go this weekend. Anyone have a place I can crash at night?

I would but I'm not sure you'd have room to move with my entire clan

Trublu
10-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Perfect weekend of car prep with a recording of V8 Supercars at Bathurst for inspiration. Best finish I can recall since the 80's.

michaelmosty
10-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Very nice Craig!! I hope they didn't have NASCAR commentators again for Bathurst. It has been hard to watch the previous years with DW that can't even pronounce a name correctly.
I need to find the race online and watch it. I remember there was an awesome finish in either 09 or 10.
BTW Craig, is your car ready to go for ECR?

Trublu
10-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Very nice Craig!! I hope they didn't have NASCAR commentators again for Bathurst. It has been hard to watch the previous years with DW that can't even pronounce a name correctly.
I need to find the race online and watch it. I remember there was an awesome finish in either 09 or 10.
BTW Craig, is your car ready to go for ECR?
I'm applying the pretty is as pretty does rule.... Yes she'll live to fight another day. Heading to ECR Thursday night.
I've got Bathurst start to finish including the top ten shoutout from the day previous on a memory stick, bring one and I'll copy it over. FedEx in from home so all Aussie dinky die tru blu comentry.

David Love AI27
10-27-2013, 09:43 PM
Pranav is the first to sign up and the last to get to the track. LOL

JJ

Give the guy a break... he doesn't know that you can signup on your way to grid...

cobra132
10-29-2013, 08:23 AM
Any chance of a happy hour Friday afternoon?

ShadowBolt
10-29-2013, 12:24 PM
Any chance of a happy hour Friday afternoon?

I sent an e-mail (have not heard back yet) asking about a half day but I'm with you I would be happy with an hour.

JJ

GlennCMC70
10-29-2013, 01:15 PM
I saw Aarons car this morning headed up I-35W.

cobra132
10-29-2013, 04:01 PM
I need to tap out. They started construction on my 4 car garage/shop/man-cave yesterday. The property is in chaos and lots of strangers around. I need to keep an eye on things. FMR

ShadowBolt
10-29-2013, 04:22 PM
I need to tap out. They started construction on my 4 car garage/shop/man-cave yesterday. The property is in chaos and lots of strangers around. I need to keep an eye on things. FMR

Sure.........NASCAR Traffic got you.

JJ

Fbody383
10-29-2013, 05:03 PM
They started construction on my 14 car garage/fabrication center/brewers cavern/fallout shelter/shop/man-cave/garagemajal yesterday. You officially suck. Because you don't live close to me.

nasa-rm
10-29-2013, 06:31 PM
A few updates. Our distillery sponsor fell through last minute. So lots of beer as normal and maybe some wine.

Calder - you still up for doing some ribs? How many racks can you do? I'll buy 'em if you smoke 'em.

y5e06
10-30-2013, 08:23 PM
AI/CMC Parking?
What will the parking situation be like up there? never been. I was guessing like Cresson. Any particular area the knuckle draggers congregate?
likely lake friday arrival

GlennCMC70
10-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Furthest north row in the lower pit area.
I should be there early.

smitty328
10-30-2013, 10:11 PM
Probably not going to make it now. My limited mechanical abilities seem to be failing me. I can’t get my #%$@&*% transmission in, and I’m pretty much out of time. I thought about using dynamite, but unfortunately I don’t have any.

Wade
10-31-2013, 07:39 AM
Made this for Pranav yesterday.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2XTvXlsb8XKRDluLS1wS0p6R0E/edit?usp=sharing

GlennCMC70
10-31-2013, 07:41 AM
Probably not going to make it now. My limited mechanical abilities seem to be failing me. I can’t get my #%$@&*% transmission in, and I’m pretty much out of time. I thought about using dynamite, but unfortunately I don’t have any.
Need some help? I can drop by if you need a hand.

Fbody383
10-31-2013, 12:36 PM
Probably not going to make it now. My limited mechanical abilities seem to be failing me. I can’t get my #%$@&*% transmission in, and I’m pretty much out of time. I thought about using dynamite, but unfortunately I don’t have any. Just ratchet strap the engine and bring it... we've dealt with worse.

smitty328
10-31-2013, 04:30 PM
Need some help? I can drop by if you need a hand.

Thanks for the offer Glenn! After some sleep last night, I decided to try it again. It turns out, plastic clutch alignment tools suck. I realigned the clutch with a metal alignment tool and the trans went right on. Now my problem is that it won’t go the final ¼ inch. I’ve tried using a few bolts to tighten it on, but it got to the point that I needed to use too much force. I don’t want to screw anything up. I’m wondering if my slave cylinder/ throw out bearing is too long.

Just ratchet strap the engine and bring it... we've dealt with worse.

I'm considering that. I may bring my old transmission and see if it makes it through the weekend. It blows about 1/2 a quart of fluid out every session.

GlennCMC70
10-31-2013, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the offer Glenn! After some sleep last night, I decided to try it again. It turns out, plastic clutch alignment tools suck. I realigned the clutch with a metal alignment tool and the trans went right on. Now my problem is that it won’t go the final ¼ inch. I’ve tried using a few bolts to tighten it on, but it got to the point that I needed to use too much force. I don’t want to screw anything up. I’m wondering if my slave cylinder/ throw out bearing is too long.

I'm considering that. I may bring my old transmission and see if it makes it through the weekend. It blows about 1/2 a quart of fluid out every session.

If your clutch is hydraulic controled, make sure you connect the lines together between the master and slave. If they are not connected, when the slave is compressed, there is no place for the fluid to displace to and it will not compress. If you have pressure on it now, back to bolts out until the slave is not compressed at all. Then connect the line.

LS1 F-bodys have a quick disconect for the clutch line. I assume all hydrualic clutch systems are set-up this way.

Suck fumes
10-31-2013, 05:22 PM
Don't use the old tranny. I don't want fluid sprayed on my pretty car.

smitty328
10-31-2013, 06:15 PM

That's assuming I can stay in front of you, but I do have a catch can. When that fills up, it just goes all over the inside of my trunk.

ShadowBolt
10-31-2013, 09:00 PM

I know you are new to CMC Aaron but we don't allow old Tranny's at the track. What you and Mark do and who you fool around with away from the track is none of our business.

JJ

BlueFirePony
10-31-2013, 10:44 PM
Looks like a decent showing for this weekend. Looking forward to seeing you guys...not so much T1 :/

Dulaney
11-01-2013, 09:20 AM
Plastic alignment tools do suck. One trick I've used in the past is to use the plastic alignment tool to get the clutch close, then bolt on the bellhousing to the back of the engine. Slide the transmission in close, and have someone press the clutch pedal. This then allows the clutch disc to move into alignment with the transmission and everything slides on easy.

Did you change your pilot bearing on the crankshaft? I recently had a battle with an incorrect one installed by the machine shop that cost me days.

Dulaney
11-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Equal numbers of AI vs CMC? That's nuts! Now, lets see if we still have 13 AI cars running by the first race, that would be even crazier.

smitty328
11-01-2013, 09:50 AM
My throwout bearing/ hydraulic salve cylinder is mounted on the input shaft, so the trans has to be installed to release the clutch.

I changed everything but the pilot bearing.

smitty328
11-01-2013, 09:52 AM

If I'm there I will have plenty of room. This whole RV to get my family to the track thing really failed.

BlueFirePony
11-01-2013, 10:09 AM
A few updates. Our distillery sponsor fell through last minute. So lots of beer as normal and maybe some wine.

Calder - you still up for doing some ribs? How many racks can you do? I'll buy 'em if you smoke 'em. Damn, just saw this. So it's pretty obvious I don't pay attention to most of what you guys post on here. :/ I told my son to take the truck Saturday since I was just driving out but I'll see if I can work something out with him - probably bring the smokers tonight. If I bring both smokers I could do 20-25 racks of baby backs through the day. If you bring your monster grill I could pack the first 15 and finish them up on the grill. Let me know if you still want to do that. Left you a vmail Dave.

AllZWay
11-01-2013, 10:55 AM
If I'm there I will have plenty of room. This whole RV to get my family to the track thing really failed.

Thanks... I think I have found a place.

Dulaney
11-01-2013, 01:43 PM
[QUOTE=smitty328;65976]My throwout bearing/ hydraulic salve cylinder is mounted on the input shaft, so the trans has to be installed to release the clutch.QUOTE]

Right, that's how the firebird is, so my idea does nothing. Sorry! If you take the transmission back out, measure the diameter and lengths of the different portions of the input shaft, and compare to the old one.

BlueFirePony
11-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Now my problem is that it won’t go the final ¼ inch. I’ve tried using a few bolts to tighten it on, but it got to the point that I needed to use too much force. I don’t want to screw anything up. I’m wondering if my slave cylinder/ throw out bearing is too long.
. Do you have a 3650? The one time we could not get the tran in we did have seating issues on the main shaft...it did stick out about 1/4 " - it could just be an alignment issue though. Car parts store close enough if you need a new bearing...lots of people wanting you on track if it just needs a nudge....bring it.