PDA

View Full Version : Great Opportunity for NASA TX to market itself....

AI#97
08-21-2006, 08:28 PM
With a LOT of big names hanging around....I will volunteer my car and trailer to hang banners and answer questions....any others are welcomed to join.

All I ask for is $150 for every racer that shows up in 2007 and $75 for each DE student we get to show..... Fair enough???

Just need an official of NASA TX to help open the door in "official" capacity...

www.uniqueperformance.com/upfest.aspx

Same offer goes out to AV8SS series......first one with signage wins... :P

mitchntx
08-21-2006, 09:11 PM
:roll:

I think we need a bigger board ...

AI#97
08-21-2006, 10:22 PM
:roll:

I think we need a bigger board ...

Is my effort to motivate going to fall short??!

I am just throwing some ideas out on the table to take the series forward....<mumbled comment that will be kept to self>

Shall I find a brick wall and bang my head on it....?

jeffburch
08-22-2006, 05:20 AM
"I was a tellin Chip he oughtta run AI............."

:lol: 8)

jb

Garbage
08-22-2006, 08:04 AM
Matt,

If you can get the girl from "Overhaulin" to race with us, I will pony up the $150 per race. She would make great eye candy. And I would even offer her a cool Motorhome to sleep in for the night. :wink:

David

Tex89
08-22-2006, 09:21 AM
I'd bring my car out as an example of a great HPDE Car. It's close to an AI car too, but it would need a big diet & cage.

AI#97
08-22-2006, 11:43 AM

jb

I realize that I will never be able to get this little phrase dropped.....but yes, chip should run AI....and about 20 others too...

My big picture vision is SO misunderstood all the time..... :lol:

Dream big and grow big....think small and you stay small. Don't think at all and you die. Is that enough of a message?

Mike Bell
08-22-2006, 12:01 PM

jb

Dream big and grow big....think small and you stay small. Don't think at all and you die. Is that enough of a message?

Not significant enough of a message to cause cash to change hands IMO. :lol:

AI#97
08-25-2006, 12:01 PM

jb

Not significant enough of a message to cause cash to change hands IMO. :lol:

Oh, contrare there Admiral....

shannon just called me and I need volunteers to bring cars. Let's shoot for 4 total, 2 AI and 2 CMC cars, must be mustangs, I will bring mine.

Shannon is going to contact Unique and see if we can get some space to promote NASATX. I will bring my car and trailer to hang banners on. Becka (sorry if mispelled) has joined NASATX as a promotions/marketing guru and will be helping out as well. She should be joining the forum to open the avenue as our contact to funnel info about these kind of events to so NASATX can get it's face out into the local motorsports scene.

this is a welcomed change and I apologize to Shannon for the implication....they have lifted the finger to me and thankfully, it wasn't the middle finger! :lol:

I guess I have to go wash and wax the car now.... :shock:

mitchntx
08-28-2006, 07:27 PM
Well, it pains me to one-up you, Matt. But ...

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=7003826

If you read down, the person posting under Fbodfather is none other than Scott Settlemire, formerly the head of the GM Performance Division and now Manager of Chevrolet Shows, and the new Camaro marketing team.

Looks like Glenn has a spot reserved at the State Fair of Texas next to the fountain.

8)

AI#97
08-28-2006, 08:29 PM
Well, it pains me to one-up you, Matt. But ...

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=7003826

If you read down, the person posting under Fbodfather is none other than Scott Settlemire, formerly the head of the GM Performance Division and now Manager of Chevrolet Shows, and the new Camaro marketing team.

Looks like Glenn has a spot reserved at the State Fair of Texas next to the fountain.

8)

Not a card carrying member of the LS2.com crowd so the link no worky...

At this point, it's not one upping but both are steps forward in getting MORE people interested and informed about our series..... :!:

mitchntx
08-28-2006, 08:38 PM
Fair enough.

Didn't realize the link was blocked except to only registered users.
But you got the jist.

It's a great oppurtunity.

oz98cobra
08-28-2006, 10:48 PM
Say Matt, why do you say that cars for display at the Unique show must be Mustangs? It's not a Ford only gig? Not even close? I would have thought it be better to have a mix of GMs and Fords?

I was at a meeting about this show the other day - sounds like it's going to be BIG - and there will be plenty of glamour there with the various displays, so we'll need a couple booth babes in daisy dukes and NASA TX bikini tops to compete for attention! ;)

AI#97
08-29-2006, 10:13 AM
Say Matt, why do you say that cars for display at the Unique show must be Mustangs? It's not a Ford only gig? Not even close? I would have thought it be better to have a mix of GMs and Fords?

I was at a meeting about this show the other day - sounds like it's going to be BIG - and there will be plenty of glamour there with the various displays, so we'll need a couple booth babes in daisy dukes and NASA TX bikini tops to compete for attention! ;)

I was led to believe it was a ford only thing? I will see if I can dig up more info and if I can get a few bucks out of shannon to go hire some talent! :wink: Once Becka gets some more info on how big the corral will be, we can start getting the car list together!

Boudy
08-29-2006, 11:27 AM

jb

I realize that I will never be able to get this little phrase dropped.....

Nah... Don't worry Matt, someone else will say something during the heat of alcohol consumpsion and we'll latch onto that next. It won't be long now... Remember, it's all fun and games until someone gets an eye poked out. :lol: :lol:

Boudy

marshall_mosty
08-29-2006, 12:11 PM
Boudy,
You bringing the Rita machine to MSR-H??? How did the Gatorade slurpee's go at TWS?

David Love AI27
08-30-2006, 10:01 PM
Boudy,
You bringing the Rita machine to MSR-H??? How did the Gatorade slurpee's go at TWS?

they were great...

Boudy
08-30-2006, 10:06 PM
Yep! Rita's on one side, strawberry daq's on the other. You gonna make it this time?

Boudy

GlennCMC70
08-30-2006, 10:26 PM
they need to be labled "East Coast" and "West Coast" Gatoraid. :wink:

marshall_mosty
08-31-2006, 07:37 AM
Boudy,
Yup, I'll be there trying to struggle around the track. I've had the vacation day accounted for since January and I've cleared everything with the wife, so we're good to go!

I should be able to make MSR-C Sept. 24th to shake down the car and setup the shocks and alignment so I'll be ready to play in October! :D