PDA

View Full Version : MSR-H Tire Selection for AI (RA1's or RR's)

marshall_mosty
12-19-2013, 09:28 PM
All,
I've sent out an email to everyone I can think of from an AI prospective. Here is a tally of everyone that has responded.

Okay to use RA1's
David Armstrong
Brian Cook
Jim Dulaney
Casey Holdway
John Linton
Mark Lopilato
Mike Montgomery
Marshall Mosty
Richard Pedersen
Eddie Rock (might not make it)
Mark Smith
Mike Stacy

Registered that we still need to hear from
James Strader

Not registered, but on AI roster and have competed in the past few seasons
Dave Neary
Frank Robertson
Mike Snavely
Todd Covini

Not making the event
David Donovan
Mike Patterson (will be there just without a car)
Dave Kagan

marshall_mosty
01-07-2014, 07:23 AM
All,
Looks like the only ringer will be Bill Swenden (ex-Zippo S197). Since Bill was on Pirelli P-Zero Slicks last year (AIX), he went ahead and bough a set of RR's to start 2014. All of you were on the email from Mark Smith regarding this, but Bill is currently not signed up since he's waiting for transmission parts and is not a 100% "for sure" entry for Houston.

Bill will be at AI power/weight for this season to collect points. Let's think of a way to deal with this. From talking to some folks that run RR's, they might not be any faster than a RA1, so it might be a moot point. This was just trying to level the playing field 100% for the first event for sure.

I'm open to ideas here...

Suck fumes
01-07-2014, 10:17 AM
Me and Corey were going to run AI again as all the other cars aren't quite done yet in SI.

JMR81
01-07-2014, 12:08 PM
Hi Bill, we will be there with Jack in SI although registration shows AI running RR's for what its worth

MikeP99Z
01-07-2014, 07:13 PM
Aaron - if you and Corey register, then I think there will be 3 in SI.

MikeP99Z
01-07-2014, 07:19 PM
All,
Looks like the only ringer will be Bill Swenden (ex-Zippo S197). Since Bill was on Pirelli P-Zero Slicks last year (AIX), he went ahead and bough a set of RR's to start 2014. All of you were on the email from Mark Smith regarding this, but Bill is currently not signed up since he's waiting for transmission parts and is not a 100% "for sure" entry for Houston.

Bill will be at AI power/weight for this season to collect points. Let's think of a way to deal with this. From talking to some folks that run RR's, they might not be any faster than a RA1, so it might be a moot point. This was just trying to level the playing field 100% for the first event for sure.

I'm open to ideas here...

What's Ian Powell going to be on?

Suck fumes
01-07-2014, 07:49 PM
Yah if there's 3 then I'll be in SI. More money from ford!

Trublu
01-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Humility ages....