PDA

View Full Version : Crack in Windshield?

Bacook
01-22-2014, 06:01 PM
What's the rule regarding cracks in a windshield? I searched the CCRs and didn't find anything explicit. I know it's best practice to replace, but I'm planning my racing budget for the next few months and need to know if this is top priority. Currently two runners are racing across the driver field of view.

GlennCMC70
01-22-2014, 08:47 PM
If it was shattered then you would have to replace it. Sounds like it is fine. No requirement to replace it for what you described.

Suck fumes
01-22-2014, 08:48 PM
I have a fist sized star on mine but its on the pass side. No one has said anything. I'll prob replace it though since the tracks around here aren't as bad as Utah was.

kbrewmr2
01-23-2014, 10:30 AM
the RM tech people kinda whined about the small "star" on mine but it's just above the driver's view. Ross kinda rolled eyes at them a little bit, pushed on it, said "eh its structurally sound if he's ok to see around/through it we should be" and they dropped it. Then they proceeded to pick on 4-5 other things instead (your cage isn't built right, that camera mount must be bolted, etc). I'm surprised they didn't want to check my prostate before it was over.

Suffice it to say that if it passed annual tech this time around, it's fine so long as you can see and it's structurally good enough you're comfortable with it.

blk96gt
01-23-2014, 11:51 AM
I got griped at for having a small gap in the top of my battery box and it wasn't "completely sealed." I threw some duct tape over it and it seemed to appease them...