PDA

View Full Version : MSR Cresson - March 8-9 - Time to sign up!

MikeP99Z
01-29-2014, 11:51 AM
1 week away.

AI
Marshall Mosty
Mark Smith
James Strader
Richard Pedersen
Bill Swendsen
Ian Powell
Jim Dulaney
Casey Holdway
Mike Patterson
Mike Montgomery
Mike Stacy
John Linton

SI
Aaron McSpadden
Jack Murray
Bill Agha
Dennis Tanker

CMC
Sean Richardson
Craig McCormick
Morgan Dawdy
Ross Smith
Gary Robertson
Team WWR
Team Jordan
Tyler Gardner
Bryan Leinart
Sammy McSpadden
Pranav Patel
Glenn Landrum
John Martin

y5e06
01-29-2014, 12:11 PM
Any info on Cheatin' Bastich Practice for the Friday? either through NASATX or MSR-C facility?

kbrewmr2
01-29-2014, 01:19 PM
most likely MSR-C via tagging along with a member - at least it's been that way in the past.

Pranav
01-29-2014, 01:26 PM
Last year they did a dedicated NASA test & tune (which was also open to their own members). The front page still has the link to last year's sign-up form:

http://www.motorsportranch.com/

Someone call them up and they should clear it up/get the updated form online, but their online calendar already shows that there will be a Nasa test and tune on Friday...

If price is the same as last year, I'm happy with $100 for the afternoon. The trick is to not bring a busted car again.

Suck fumes
01-29-2014, 03:02 PM
There should be 5 SI cars racing and one half built one for sale at this event.

MikeP99Z
01-29-2014, 03:20 PM
Who gave up on the half built one?

michaelmosty
01-29-2014, 04:29 PM
I most likely will not make it due to the event being 1 week prior to our babys due date. I am still going to get the car ready and on standby in case things are going smooth and I can get a hall pass for a few hours of the weekend. ;^)

Suck fumes
01-29-2014, 04:48 PM
I think Jason is going to just put the cage in his personal car then put it up for sale for someone that wants him to complete it. Doesn't make sense for him to build a whole car then have to sit on it for a while.

It's a red one that is in pristine condition. For those interested call 512-940-5359

Rsmith350
01-30-2014, 08:58 AM
I most likely will not make it due to the event being 1 week prior to our babys due date. I am still going to get the car ready and on standby in case things are going smooth and I can get a hall pass for a few hours of the weekend. ;^)

Good luck!

Rob Liebbe
01-30-2014, 12:23 PM
Good luck!With the hall pass or the baby? Good luck with the baby!!!

Rsmith350
01-30-2014, 12:27 PM
With the hall pass or the baby? Good luck with the baby!!!

With the baby! Doubt he'll get a hall pass on this one, just slightly important. He can take a weekend off to bring the next Mosty bothers driver into the world! :)

Rob Liebbe
01-30-2014, 06:17 PM
With the baby! Doubt he'll get a hall pass on this one, just slightly important. He can take a weekend off to bring the next Mosty bothers driver into the world! :)With any luck, I'll have my new car built before the future Mosty kid can drive.

nasa-rm
02-03-2014, 11:20 AM
We've got it setup the same as last year. MSRC will have a T&T open to all NASA folks as well.

Last year they did a dedicated NASA test & tune (which was also open to their own members). The front page still has the link to last year's sign-up form:

http://www.motorsportranch.com/

Someone call them up and they should clear it up/get the updated form online, but their online calendar already shows that there will be a Nasa test and tune on Friday...

If price is the same as last year, I'm happy with $100 for the afternoon. The trick is to not bring a busted car again.

Racebrat
02-16-2014, 01:11 PM
Dave took care of everything- just send in your info and pay up! BTW- Hubby's car is currently at the builder and will be ready for MSRC! I'll be a much happier girl with him back out there!

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=127559

MikeP99Z
02-19-2014, 10:55 PM
Is there anybody out there?

Dulaney
02-19-2014, 10:57 PM
Is there anybody out there?

You're one to talk. Don't see your name :)

MikeP99Z
02-20-2014, 08:45 AM
I'm still unknown.

kbrewmr2
02-20-2014, 10:25 AM
if any of you guys are man enough to try the 3.1 be sure to supersize to TT

smitty328
02-20-2014, 10:53 AM
I'm still unknown.

I know who you are.

GlennCMC70
02-20-2014, 06:10 PM
if any of you guys are man enough to try the 3.1 be sure to supersize to TT

Show me your man sized balls when you open up TT to no limits on where you can pass and be passed and no point-by needed....... on the 3.1.
I'll bring the contact forms - I have a print shop hook-up.

GlennCMC70
02-20-2014, 07:04 PM
I'm in, even after my motor had no oil pressure last night.......

Suck fumes
02-20-2014, 07:25 PM
Please don't run it if it has no oil pressure. I don't want everyone to only have 2 green laps then have the rest of the race be run under yellow due to pieces of an engine lying all over the racing surface. Wouldn't be fair to all the guys who entered, plus remember we almost ran over you last year cause your car was a dead paper weight in the middle of the track haha. Not trying to sound rude just asking nicely to not ruin other people's weekend under yellow if you know your car isn't right. Hopefully you'll fix it.

GlennCMC70
02-20-2014, 09:02 PM
It is fixed.

ShadowBolt
02-20-2014, 09:04 PM
I'm sure Glenn means he is not showing oil pressure. He would not go on track without oil pressure.

JJ

GlennCMC70
02-20-2014, 09:25 PM
Car hasn't fires since Sept. I drained the oil and refilled. Charged the battery for a couple days and then fired it. No oil pressure at all. Pulled a valve cover to verify. I used compressed air down the dipstick tube while the oil sender on the top of the lock was out. Blew air while cranking until I got oil out the sender hole. Reinstalled the sender and fired it up and oil pressure was normal. Somehow the pump lost its prime. Never seem one do this other than a fresh build.

nasa-rm
02-20-2014, 11:27 PM
Show me your man sized balls when you open up TT to no limits on where you can pass and be passed and no point-by needed....... on the 3.1.
I'll bring the contact forms - I have a print shop hook-up.

That IS the current rule. Pass and be passed anywhere and no point by is required. TT racers just tend to be a little more patient about choosing the correct spot. :).

BlueFirePony
02-21-2014, 01:45 AM
That IS the current rule. Pass and be passed anywhere and no point by is required. TT racers just tend to be a little more patient about choosing the correct spot. :).
I think racing the 3.1 would be a charge (once I made sure my life insurance was paid up) and IMO really it's only going side by side 6-7 that would be really risky (though I had a close call in a DE coming over the hill into 9 that I DO NOT EVER want to repeat) but I'm with Glenn on this.

I appreciate that TT follows an open passing protocol but there is a HUGE difference between passing in TT and passing W2W.

TT is structured to allow competitors to ACHIEVE optimal lap time - W2W is structured to FIGHT (or in Canada-speak..to COMPETE) for position. Totally different approach to passing...hence the difference in "patience" and the difference in risk.

"4-point roll bar and 6-point (two main hoop, two rear brace, two forward hoop) roll cage designs constructed per the NASA CCR MAY be utilized without a TT Modification Point assessment
"

"The roll cage MUST comply with the roll cage standards of the NASA CCR. However, a roll cage may also provide additional chassis stiffening through the use of alternative mounting points.
As such, the roll cage mounting points are unrestricted "

The competitive side of the rules are the same...it's the implied risk (and whether that risk requires mitigation) side that is different

How often to you see a pass in TT take 3 or 4 corners - or even 2 - and one or both drivers not be called out for violating section 6 of the CCR? If I fought back even in class for one corner I'd lose my points years ago - rules different now?

Otherwise TT would be W2W just with a whole lot more anal detent around modifications ;)

I think the different approaches to passing and why each class is out there is enough reason to give some pause before W2W on the 3.1.

Having said that..do any sanctioning bodies race 3.1 consistently?

ShadowBolt
02-21-2014, 08:24 AM
My brother races CMRA and they do not race the 3.1. They do run both the 1.7 and the "short course" on the same weekend, at the same time but no 3.1.

JJ

GlennCMC70
02-21-2014, 08:33 AM

Well then, Ken has big balls..

kbrewmr2
02-21-2014, 10:57 AM
Well then, Ken has big balls..
damn skippy!

No CMC backmarkers allowed, I don't want to have to run them over with my 125whp of fury.

I'd love it if ALL groups (or even most) ran the 3.1 so I didn't have to beg, plead, borrow, and steal people to cover the extra corner stations myself :)

kbrewmr2
02-21-2014, 11:16 AM
The first two corners coming onto the 3.1 section are fast and pretty dang difficult to nail. Then it takes a little technique and finesse but nothing outrageously hard. Then once you connect back Ricochet is also interesting with an extra 10-15mph entry headed into there as well. Racing wise there's really only one corner that'd be difficult to go side-by-side through, but no harder than Rattlesnake (which you guys seem to mess up ALL THE TIME on your starts ;) ). If that part of MSRC is just too hard to race on then we'd better skip some places like COTA and whatnot. And that would make me sad.

If you guys don't want to try it I'll see if I can talk Lightning into it or something. Well, Dave first I guess but... I wanna see some racing on the more challenging layout from somebody damnit!! :)

Dulaney
02-21-2014, 02:40 PM
I'd like to run the 3.1. Driven it a few times (1.3 by itself also), and it's a ton of fun. Too many corners to run green HPDE groups through. I bet we could handle it.

GlennCMC70
02-21-2014, 07:14 PM
I still see a big difference......
TT just needs a best lap time to win (and only one). In racing you need your best along with getting to the front. That involves passing folks who don't want to be passed in places they don't want to be passed.
I have often had the fastest lap and not won the race.

My point? TT is not racing. TT is TT. Different requirements that need to be met involving different rules.

dcapps
02-21-2014, 09:41 PM
Been a while but the car is updated, tested and ready to go. We are working on Irwin's car to have it ready as well. Will be good to hang out with you guys again. Planning on running number 53 but can change that if needed. I have lots of colored tape!

Pranav
02-21-2014, 10:10 PM
Please don't run it if it has no oil pressure. I don't want everyone to only have 2 green laps then have the rest of the race be run under yellow due to pieces of an engine lying all over the racing surface. Wouldn't be fair to all the guys who entered, plus remember we almost ran over you last year cause your car was a dead paper weight in the middle of the track haha. Not trying to sound rude just asking nicely to not ruin other people's weekend under yellow if you know your car isn't right. Hopefully you'll fix it.

Don't you know? Since September my car has now taken on this role...

I left parts on the track at MSRH even...

Car hasn't fires since Sept. I drained the oil and refilled. Charged the battery for a couple days and then fired it. No oil pressure at all. Pulled a valve cover to verify. I used compressed air down the dipstick tube while the oil sender on the top of the lock was out. Blew air while cranking until I got oil out the sender hole. Reinstalled the sender and fired it up and oil pressure was normal. Somehow the pump lost its prime. Never seem one do this other than a fresh build.

I had this issue intermittently a while back, would go 0 pressurea few seconds after it had been sitting. Never figured it out until it went away after an oil/filter change.

Leaking drain back valve in the filter?

GlennCMC70
02-22-2014, 12:32 AM
Been a while but the car is updated, tested and ready to go. We are working on Irwin's car to have it ready as well. Will be good to hang out with you guys again. Planning on running number 53 but can change that if needed. I have lots of colored tape!
I was glad to hear you guys were coming back out to run with us. Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

marshall_mosty
02-22-2014, 09:23 AM
Good to see both of you back after such a long break.

kbrewmr2
02-22-2014, 11:43 PM
I still see a big difference......
TT just needs a best lap time to win (and only one). In racing you need your best along with getting to the front. That involves passing folks who don't want to be passed in places they don't want to be passed.
I have often had the fastest lap and not won the race.

My point? TT is not racing. TT is TT. Different requirements that need to be met involving different rules.

I RACE TOO yaknow. I've driven the 3.1, and 1.7, and... I think you can race on it pretty well. The tightest area of that track for side by side racing is on the 1.7 side (Rattlesnake) so if you guys use that argument then you shouldn't race at MSRC at all.

Over and out.

BlueFirePony
02-23-2014, 01:22 PM
...The tightest area of that track for side by side racing is on the 1.7 side (Rattlesnake) ....

Over and out.
That is not true.
Not only is Rattlesnake a slower section making it much easier to go side-by-side but it is also wider than 6-7 and it is flat.

Rattlesnake is about 470-520" at various turn-in, apex and turn out point and opening to 500" in the middle.

T6-T7 460-480" at turn-in, apex and turn out and actually narrows to 440" at the fastest points not only making it the tightest but also the most risky with a significant braking zone at the end.

The entry into 6-7 is faster than Rattlesnake, and the speed carried into 7 is a LOT faster and it's downhill.

Can two cars battle their way through that twisty at speed with 35 feet to share ? Sure.

Great opportunity for the Golden Helmet though..and possibly the last one - if they prepped the runoff better along that stretch and after T7 it would be a lot safer.

'nuff said.

kbrewmr2
02-23-2014, 03:04 PM
breaking the over and out promise - when's the last time you even wheeled a car Brian? Anyway - ask Patterson what it's like to go off there - I've waved yellow for it so I know it happened.

REALLY over and out now. Unless y'all keep jawing back. :)

AI#97
02-23-2014, 06:58 PM

Did someone page me?! LOL! Ken, the 1.3 is NOT a good racetrack. Far too narrow and if you have to bail because things get too tight, the runoff writes off cars. I have A LOT of experience on the 1.3 after instructing there for years and yeah, you can setup an HPDE pass on the short straights but I can tell you that in a car that can achieve some speed, not your 120hp hoopty, cresting the "launch" side by side is not going to happen, let alone be smart. I have had significant air time under many a street car and even more in the mustang and that was 100 rwhp ago. The lack of safe runoff areas is a negative as well. When was the last time you saw a backhoe pull a car out of the ravine? :D

I do love the rhythm of the 1.3 and I agree, the 3.1 is a GREAT HPDE track. For racing however, it's just too blind and too narrow for the cars that are larger and can boogie. If you want to run nose to tail in 3/4 scale cars with no horsepower, it's fun. Racing? Not so much. I also don't think it would be a great idea because recoveries on that track take a long time that eats up track time.

BlueFirePony
02-23-2014, 09:48 PM
breaking the over and out promise - when's the last time you even wheeled a car Brian? Anyway - ask Patterson what it's like to go off there - I've waved yellow for it so I know it happened.

I don't see how that is relevant (when I raced last - not the part about you breaking your promise) any more than when the last time you was that you raced W2W in a big boy car.
You don't have to be bit by a dog to know it hurts.

I stated facts that demonstrated that the 3.1 track was more risky and refuted your claim. If that info in support of my opinion does not convince you that the T6-7 section should be made safer for racing (at a minimum a tire wall should be but at T7 to keep a car w/o brakes from getting to the highway and frankly that goes for HPDE and TT too) then so be it. I follow the Niki Lauda philosophy. I know there is a certain percentage risk associated with racing. I am OK with that when I or my kids get I the car. But I don't subscribe to increasing that risk. Ever.

Feel free to jaw back...paraphrasing Mitch - it's just the internet (or interweb or something).

Suck fumes
02-23-2014, 10:30 PM

When's the last time you raced with us? Quit stirring the pot. Go play in your time trial forum. Leave us be in peace.

GlennCMC70
02-23-2014, 11:08 PM
I have seen pics of a M3 that went through the barbed wire fence that borders MSR-C property and Hwy 377. This was a street car. Light and moderately powered cars on R compounds will more often than not be faster than that M3. That adds to the distance of that "off". I don't like the idea of ending up ON Hwy 377 by my own fault or as a result of another's. I surely don't want to think about me putting someone out there.
I have also seen the undercarriage damage from some off there. C5 had the entire drivetrain destroyed from oilpan to rear diff and everything between by limestone chunks displaced and discarded to the side by the "road" building process.
I have said this many times and feel I am not alone. Even w/ MSR-C 20 minutes from my house, I will not race the 3.1 or 1.3. I will vote w/ my wallet and keep my car at home.

There is a saying among those who have run MSR-C for many years (I have been running it longer than the final layer of asphalt has been down)..........
Jack (track owner) just took the safest track in the country and gave it teeth by adding the 1.3.
Before, MSR-C had no run-off issues. I can't think of a single place where an off will trash a car. I have been off at this track in every spot one can go off in a car w/ well over 2 times the power, tire and brake. I've run it wet more times that I care to admit and I've run it both directions wet and dry. Wanna show how big your balls are??? Run it backwards in the wet.

While I respect your POV and your a pretty sharp guy, I have to disagree 100% w/ you here. The 3.1 is not a good track to race. Drive, maybe. Race, no. While I have never run the 3.1 or 1.3, I have driven around it at pace speed in my CMC car and my truck. There was a lot of track I couldn't even see over the nose of my car.
Perhaps you will prove me wrong someday, but I hope there are no damaged cars or injured drivers needed for you to prove a point.

GlennCMC70
02-23-2014, 11:15 PM
When's the last time you raced with us? Quit stirring the pot. Go play in your time trial forum. Leave us be in peace.

Alright, lay-off. Ken's a good guy. No need to run anyone off for a differing opinion.
Ken - Cheap shot at Brian. I don't race much either these days, does that mean my argument is invalid as well?

Lets play nice and have a beer of 7 at MSR-C.

Suck fumes
02-23-2014, 11:35 PM
He took a cheap shot on the NASA forums to about racers needing their hands held. Funny how people have balls behind a computer screen.

GlennCMC70
02-23-2014, 11:41 PM
He took a cheap shot on the NASA forums to about racers needing their hands held. Funny how people have balls behind a computer screen.

Then address it over there.
He is a racer even if you haven't seen him do it. That allows him to have an opinion on the matter.

BlueFirePony
02-24-2014, 12:29 AM
Ken - Cheap shot at Brian.

Cheap shots with a keyboard don't bother me - I've been riding the online prairie through flame wars way before Al Gore invented the internet.
More than happy to drink with anyone that can back up their opinion and I've bought many a drink when I am proven wrong - the price of learning - I start every day with a beginner's mind with the goal of learning something new, but like my Scotish grandparents, I don't suffer fools.

Dulaney
02-24-2014, 10:54 AM
All that said, I'd still like to race the 3.1 I've run my racecar and my street car on the 1.3/3.1 in both rain and dry, and it's a ton of fun. If a corner is too tight for you to be comfortable running 2 wide, there's always that middle pedal, which can bring you back to all-by-yourself. More than anything, I'd just like to do something different for a change. Sounds like that won't happen this year. Every time something new is mentioned,the group jumps up in protest, seemingly regardless of what the proposal is. I do understand the "it ain't broke, don't fix it". It does get old, though (kinda like running the exact same tracks year in/year out).

I certainly don't want to destroy my car, but I race to have fun, knowing that it could happen. I can choose at most moments to maneuver my car away from potential disaster, and I think most of us could handle any tight spots on the 3.1. I'd like to have more fun, and racing a different track would be more fun for me.

There...an adult conversation, without any name-calling or references to genitalia.

BlueFirePony
02-24-2014, 12:09 PM
There...an adult conversation, without any name-calling or references to genitalia.
Not sure that belongs on this forum but I am wiling to try something new.

kbrewmr2
02-24-2014, 03:31 PM
Come by for a beer and we can discuss the cheap shots and not-so-cheap-and-very-valid-shots taken by all sides in that thread. An astute observer would also notice that I was including myself on the reciving end of said alleged "cheap shot" (that was really just some lighthearted ball busting).

There are TONS of all y'all asshats at any and all levels, groups, cars, colors, creeds, religions, zodiac signs, etc (TT included) that either can't read or are in too big of a damn hurry to take the time to read the stupid rulebook and then get all huffy puffy ermahgerd mad when they get their pee-pee slapped for breaking a rule they could've known about or at least gotten confused on and then asked about ahead of time. I guess that includes your Spec Miata buddy....? I know it includes me at times, I either remember wrong or just go on a hunch on what I think I read a while back and whoops wasn't quite accurate. Shit happens.

Back out again. See y'all there.

PS - It's kinda funny ancient history but the only reason I even started reading this board and posting here was to help cross pollenate information that previous regional leadership was very poor at distributing. Sometimes Glenn & crew would hear of something first and I could read it and get it out to the rest of the groups and also vice versa. Just became habit. :) Dave's great at getting info out so that need is alot smaller now....

PPS - If David Love offers one more time at the right time when I a.) have spare money and am b.) feeling froggy enough - watch out for the #3 with a new fresh diff is all I'm gunna say ;)

PPPS - what's with the light signups from all groups it looks like? What potential/actual event conflicts are going on? Or are people just being slow to sign up?

Dulaney
02-24-2014, 04:45 PM
PPPS - what's with the light signups from all groups it looks like? What potential/actual event conflicts are going on? Or are people just being slow to sign up?

I think they heard you were gonna be there. As for me, I was just too lazy to register early.

BlueFirePony
02-24-2014, 06:35 PM
I think they heard you were gonna be there. As for me, I was just too lazy to register early.
Well I am planning to cook for the # that signed up last year...so there may be lots of left overs for breakfast Sunday - yummm...pulled pork, chirizo or beef brisket with egg or potatoes breakfast burrito :)

MikeP99Z
02-24-2014, 07:10 PM

That was Brian Hanchey driving my car, not me for that off.

GlennCMC70
02-24-2014, 07:20 PM

We got two weeks still. What's the big hurry.......

nasa-rm
02-25-2014, 10:47 AM
We got two weeks still. What's the big hurry.......

Because the cyclone field 7s looking thin. I think Thunder/Cyclone mix on the 3.1 is looking good right now. LOL.

On the 3.1, its fun. Therefore, we shall have a extra "fun" session for race cars to give it a try. Give us feedback on what the issues are and Ill add to the list of facility improvements we are asking for. Maybe it can be modified.

kbrewmr2
02-25-2014, 12:11 PM
I'd be for that only if that means I finally get to do a @#$%#$^ standing start for once :D those weeines aren't down for it normally....

smitty328
02-25-2014, 10:31 PM
Because the cyclone field 7s looking thin. I think Thunder/Cyclone mix on the 3.1 is looking good right now. LOL.

On the 3.1, its fun. Therefore, we shall have a extra "fun" session for race cars to give it a try. Give us feedback on what the issues are and Ill add to the list of facility improvements we are asking for. Maybe it can be modified.

They are adding lots of curbing to the 1.3 right now.

BryanL
02-27-2014, 05:40 PM

Good to have you back-AI needs some more S197's.

I just had to sign up to takeaway a podium spot from the 55 and 70.

dirwin
02-27-2014, 06:29 PM
All I've really got left to do is get a current medical and it looks like I'm going to be ready as well. Rusty, but ready...

Dulaney
02-28-2014, 09:44 AM
AI needs some more S197's.
I think we can quit calling it AI, and start calling it Spec Iron Extreme (SIX)

Suck fumes
02-28-2014, 12:16 PM
TWS is going to be awesome with 8 SI cars!

Pranav
02-28-2014, 12:22 PM
Registered!

Suck fumes
02-28-2014, 07:46 PM
Corey will make it 4 SI. But he always procrastinates to register.

smitty328
03-01-2014, 09:26 PM
I'm still unknown.

Well...we're waiting

MikeP99Z
03-02-2014, 05:20 PM
Corey will make it 5 in SI.

MikeP99Z
03-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Well...we're waiting

Registered.

smitty328
03-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Registered.

Awesome, now if we can just get that guy from Oklahoma to show up, we'll have 10 cars.

Rsmith350
03-03-2014, 06:16 PM
Awesome, now if we can just get that guy from Oklahoma to show up, we'll have 10 cars.

Saw on Facebook, one of his cars got stolen. Hope they find the slimy bastard

ShadowBolt
03-03-2014, 08:22 PM
Saw on Facebook, one of his cars got stolen. Hope they find the slimy bastard

That was not Mike's car.

JJ

Racebrat
03-04-2014, 08:54 AM
That was not Mike's car.

JJ

Mike said it belonged to a good friend of his. Please keep your eyes out for the smarmy bastards that have nothing better to do than ruin someone else's day...

On a different note- be kind to Clifton- he's your RD for the weekend.....behave for him- I know y'all will make me proud! :-)

See y'all this weekend!

Dulaney
03-04-2014, 10:17 AM
We're still expecting to see 2 more of the white fox-body brigade (Linton, Montgomery). Possibly a 3rd, I haven't gotten an update on him.

nasa-rm
03-04-2014, 11:26 AM
We're still expecting to see 2 more of the white fox-body brigade (Linton, Montgomery). Possibly a 3rd, I haven't gotten an update on him.

Monty just signed up. I imagine Linton will be in within the hour.

marshall_mosty
03-04-2014, 11:41 AM
4 white AI Fox bodies... spooky...

smitty328
03-04-2014, 11:43 AM
Plus the two new (old) guys in the S197s.

Suck fumes
03-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Hope you guys are good in the rain hehehe

Rsmith350
03-04-2014, 12:04 PM
That was not Mike's car.

JJ
Oh, we'll it was plastered in "Terilingua racing" livery. Mad bad of assuming :)

smitty328
03-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Hope you guys are good in the rain hehehe

Wow, you're giving the weathermen A LOT of credit

kbrewmr2
03-04-2014, 02:00 PM
Wow, you're giving the weathermen A LOT of credit

Yeah, it could be ice

<-- has Hoosier Wets and ain't skuurrrdd

Suck fumes
03-04-2014, 03:06 PM
8 years ago we raced in the snow there. Pretty entertaining.

Fbody383
03-04-2014, 03:07 PM
That looks like a good group - have fun and keep them right side up.

Pranav
03-04-2014, 10:47 PM
Francis you mean you haven't swapped transmissions with the donor car yet?

I've pulled and reinstalled my trans twice in the past 3 months.

Slacker!

Just kidding.

Pranav
03-04-2014, 10:58 PM
Finished working on the car last Friday. Made a new camera mount last night and just need to clean the windows and throw the stuff in the back of the truck.

Feels good to not have to scramble at the last minute anymore.

ShadowBolt
03-05-2014, 07:59 AM
Finished working on the car last Friday. Made a new camera mount last night and just need to clean the windows and throw the stuff in the back of the truck.

Feels good to not have to scramble at the last minute anymore.

I don't know what you mean by "anymore" I have been doing this for five or six years and the 55 is scattered all over the garage and I'm hoping the parts come in today. If you continue to race you will have to scramble again.

JJ

marshall_mosty
03-05-2014, 08:01 AM
I still have to change oil, mount a tire, corner weight the car... I guess that is what Friday morning is for, right???

smitty328
03-05-2014, 12:07 PM
I still have to change oil, mount a tire, corner weight the car... I guess that is what Friday morning is for, right???

Why so early? That's what Friday night is for.

I keep my car at the track, the track is 20 min from my office and I will still be scrambling to get ready. I think I failed organization 101.

Fbody383
03-05-2014, 12:33 PM

I keep my car at the track, the track is 20 min from my office and I will still be scrambling to get ready. I think I failed organization 101. I think Friday morning before Houston there wasn't a front end on the car.

Still need to pull the trans for a(nother) rebuild - my son who turned 18 in mid-Feb had said, "hey dad, want to go to SXSW?" So we're going while I'm still cool enough to hang out with.

kbrewmr2
03-05-2014, 01:09 PM
weather forecast seems to be improving pretty well

ShadowBolt
03-05-2014, 01:36 PM
So we're going while I'm still cool enough to hang out with.

Dude, That ship has sailed!

JJ

y5e06
03-05-2014, 01:52 PM
so, where will the AICMCSI congregation be at MSR-C since they are using the ol' paddock spot for Grid? almost no other flat ground at that place

GlennCMC70
03-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Once you enter the track, turn left at the T. We usually hang there on the right.

cjlmlml
03-06-2014, 10:24 AM
FOX Body Guys

I Should be there Sat pm visiting

I will bring these parts for sale if anyone cares to look

$300 Each

make an offer
Heat extraction hood

Gt nose with Brake ducts and Hoses

Rear aero undertray

http://imageshack.us/a/img812/6561/r9wi.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img203/244/eu4w.jpg

BryanL
03-06-2014, 12:17 PM

I keep my car at the track, the track is 20 min from my office and I will still be scrambling to get ready. I think I failed organization 101.
Got the 24 off the stands and running last night. Still have to flush the antifreeze out. Won't have time for an alignment so I'll keep that in my back pocket of excuses.

Michael Mosty-just checking to make sure you guys aren't coming. There is a hospital that my daughter where my daughter was born about 20 minutes from the track. Though I think it would be cooler to have the paramedics deliver right there so your kiddo could say they were born at the track! Good luck no matter what and don't look over the tent.

cjlmlml
03-06-2014, 12:42 PM
Also

if you need AICMCTexas.com stickers , I have a bunch to pass out

smitty328
03-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Got the 24 off the stands and running last night. Still have to flush the antifreeze out. Won't have time for an alignment so I'll keep that in my back pocket of excuses.

Michael Mosty-just checking to make sure you guys aren't coming. There is a hospital that my daughter where my daughter was born about 20 minutes from the track. Though I think it would be cooler to have the paramedics deliver right there so your kiddo could say they were born at the track! Good luck no matter what and don't look over the tent.

I'll volunteer my garage. (No, I don't want to be in there during)

smitty328
03-06-2014, 12:46 PM
Also

I'll take some

BryanL
03-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Does anyone need a room at the Best Western? I'm cancelling my room for Sat night- 2 queen beds non smoking. I think the rate was $69. I don't know if they are booked solid or not. Let me know quick.

kbrewmr2
03-06-2014, 04:07 PM
link to MSRC welcome letter, schedule, etc:
http://nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=127843

http://www.nasaproracing.com/texas/MSRC_Welcome_2014_1.7.pdf

Storm Trooper
03-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Also

I would love some!

cjlmlml
03-08-2014, 09:38 PM