PDA

View Full Version : Track Time at Miller

ShadowBolt
02-18-2014, 03:53 PM
Anyone else read the NASA Forum about how little track time there was at Miller? TWO, that's right TWO races all weekend. When Cody said something about it on the NASA board they jumped all over him. When he said he did not like 40 minute races because they are usually over in the first ten minutes they acted like he is a fool because all their races are neck and neck until the very end of 40 minute races. At one time there was no warm up, no practice or qual on Sunday. I think they may have added one of those. Can you imagine driving to Miller for two races? I'm sorry but I would not drive to TWS for two races. I would pay $100.00 more per evet before I would lose two races. We are blessed. Come back and race with us Cody. We love you more than they do.

DAVE, THANKS FOR OUR FOUR RACES!

JJ

kbrewmr2
02-18-2014, 06:00 PM
Miller or Barber?

There was some not great feedback about Barber. I'm also mad about a situation that took out one of my favorite TX cars and people to race against.

ShadowBolt
02-18-2014, 07:18 PM
Your right. I have no idea why I said Miller.

JJ

ShadowBolt
02-18-2014, 07:21 PM
I talked to one driver that was there. He said they grid the entire field by qual time so you don't even start with your class.
Said the track was fantastic.

JJ

michaelmosty
02-18-2014, 07:28 PM
Did anyone from AI/CMC make the trip?

ShadowBolt
02-18-2014, 07:41 PM
No CMC at all.

GlennCMC70
02-18-2014, 10:32 PM
Link to thread? I couldn't find it.

ShadowBolt
02-19-2014, 08:35 AM
Link to thread? I couldn't find it.

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=127458

kbrewmr2
02-19-2014, 09:42 AM
rubbin' is racin' (ie allowed) in SE. Remind me of this next time I talk about wanting to race with them:
http://nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=127656

nasa-rm
02-19-2014, 12:26 PM
I would pay $100.00 more per event before I would lose two races.
JJ

DONE!!! Not.

FWIW, the track is awesome. Museum was definitely worth the $15. Will and I spent close to 3 hours there. If we had time to coerce our way onto the bottom floor and working shop, it would have easily been another 2 hours. That's where the Type-D jag was along with the 917 (in gulf colors) body and the Ford GT40 body and a bunch more Lotus race cars.

Great track to drive. Staff is very friendly (well except that ONE night security guy) and were jazzed to see all the NASA cars there. Cleanest facility I've ever seen - they have a full time crew of 2 or 3 emptying trash cans, cleaning, picking up scraps of paper and tire goobers.

Elevation changes and blind corners were fantastic. I only got 4 or so laps (Thanks Pam!!!) in a track/street car but I really enjoyed the layout.

Even with only two races, I think it would be worth the tow and such. Reminder, for events like this or those long tows, super-sizing is an option if you want more races. Double your track time for only 50% more!!!!! Who's in for High Plains in July? May at Pueblo? Road America in August? My CMC guys in RM are getting leery of always having a toothbrush and clean shirt at your place....

ShadowBolt
02-19-2014, 02:54 PM
Dave, I would really like to go run with your Co. guys but Denver is 897 miles for me, Pueblo is 853. Over a thousand miles for the H-town guys! Hallett is 640 for the Denver guys and Cresson is 760. All long hauls for sure. I do like the idea of summer racing in Colorado. A few of us do need to make it.

I certainly don't want to pay more but what I'm saying is if the difference was two races or four it would be a no brainer for me. The super-size is great but it's not racing.

JJ