04-01-2014, 11:06 AM
Registration now open:
http://nasaproracing.com/event/1863

Suck fumes
04-01-2014, 11:37 AM
I'm there!

GlennCMC70
04-01-2014, 12:19 PM
Oh how I would love to go and kick some east coast ass.......

kbrewmr2
04-01-2014, 12:25 PM
It's a 3 day event now, less time committment

Suck fumes
04-01-2014, 01:37 PM
It's only shorter if you are flying. Driving there its not any shorter cause you still practice Thursday and it'll take almost a day and a half to get there.

kbrewmr2
04-01-2014, 03:33 PM
835mi from IAH (Houston) to the gate
856mi from DFW to the gate

Thats one long day for me. One tank of gas longer than going to Hallett in region. YMMV. Beats the hell out of 1,202 to Mid-O or 1,496 to Miller that some were looking at before.

Comparing apples to apples (ie Wed practice day/Thurs-Sun Event for 2006-2013 to Thurs practice day and Fri-Sun Event now for 2014) the event itself *IS* one day shorter. If you want to compare it doing all the practice to all the practice it's two or three days shorter (Some years you could test on Mon, Tues, and Wed before the event started).

And do you really think Glenn Effin Landrum needs practice? Practice? You talkin' 'bout practice man? Practice?

GlennCMC70
04-01-2014, 03:49 PM
It's only shorter if you are flying. Driving there its not any shorter cause you still practice Thursday and it'll take almost a day and a half to get there.

The first NASA Nats had a NASA practice on Wed. Thursday/Friday you were qual and qual racing, We had the Champ race on Sunday.
I left on Sat and arrived late Sunday. We spent Monday setting up camp and making supply and fuel runs. Tuesday I spent the day in shock I was about to race on a real track as seen on TV!!! I also got organized so I knew when and where I needed to be, got through tech and found the scales.
Anyways, time you left on Sunday and drove your ass off Monday to get home, you had been gone for 10 days.

So a 3 day event, 4 days for travel, gives you 7 days. Not much shorter, but shorter.
I still want to go. Time off from work isn't the issue.

GlennCMC70
04-01-2014, 03:55 PM
And do you really think Glenn Effin Landrum needs practice? Practice? You talkin' 'bout practice man? Practice?

For Road Atlanta????? Yes, I will need a day on the track. I have never run it. I do learn quick, but that track has a steep learning curve. Plus, the locals will be hard to beat on home turf.
W/ that said, myself and a few other non-Texas CMC guys dropped Mid-O's CMC track record by a few seconds the first day there. I know Jeff B, Adam G, Robert B all went and did very well as a group when they ran it a few years back. Filled the podium, track records and all that jazz.
To quote JB - "We did everything but fxck their women."
I think that is what he said.....

Suck fumes
04-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Yah I love road Atlanta. I know all the tricks and lines and where NOT to drop wheels off haha from Miata days. Only the people who are willing to take chances and have big balls will do well. All I gotta say is i'm fixing to ruin some locals weekend lol!!!!

kbrewmr2
04-01-2014, 04:42 PM
Well that's the bar to set then huh? ;)

Rsmith350
04-02-2014, 08:15 AM
Well that's the bar to set then huh? ;)

*spews coke over keyboard* lmao!!!

BryanL
04-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Sounds about right and why I wish he was still around. Need to get him an Wirtz out of the woodwork before TWS closes.

GlennCMC70
04-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Sounds about right and why I wish he was still around. Need to get him an Wirtz out of the woodwork before TWS closes.

You would be my new best friend if you could.
I miss both those guys being on track.

Storm Trooper
04-02-2014, 10:42 PM
Yah I love road Atlanta. I know all the tricks and lines and where NOT to drop wheels off haha from Miata days. Only the people who are willing to take chances and have big balls will do well. All I gotta say is i'm fixing to ruin some locals weekend lol!!!!

Go get them! :-)