PDA

View Full Version : Final plans - Trip to Nationals!!!

GlennCMC70
08-29-2006, 08:26 PM
o.k. - here we go. less than 2 weeks left to get this organized.
please keep this on topic.
here is a list of people who i know of that are going in one form or another. PLEASE email me your info. some of you i have others i dont. cell numbers are the most important @ this point. FYI, i'll have a copy of these number to hand out so we can keep in touch @ this event.

Burch Jeff
Carpenter Adrian
Landrum Glenn
MacNeil Jerry
Winklman Clifton
Bishop Micah
Runyon Nick
Warren Mitch
Ginsberg Adam
Covini Todd
Irwin Dave **
Tanner Lewis
George John **
King Robert
Pedersen Richard
Liebbe Rob

** denotes no contact number.

if i missed anyone, let me know.

the route i think we should take it from Dallas up to Tulsa and on to St. Louis then to Columbus. this is what i'm being told from a couple of sources. if you know better, let us know.
i plan on waiting for Todd to get up from Houston and travel w/ him as a group. yes, no?
trip is like 1150 - 1175 miles. its gonna take 2 days. i figure a partial day sat to get as far as we can, and finish up sunday. goal, to be there (Mid Ohio) before dark sunday. possibly crash in the RV @ a truckstop.

sorry, gotta head out to work tonight, i'll finish this later. add what you want.

o.k. back to this list.
who is bringing a grill? i can, but i dont really have the room for one. i think Boudy is bringing one. do we need two?
i'll have a nitrogen tank to run air tools, but its use should be limited. i dont know how long it will last.
i'll try and bring a generator, if i can get it from Mitch.
bring ex cords if you have them.
i have a table. bring one if you have it.
bring more chairs than you need for yourself. sounds like we will be party central.
shop vacs? i have one but it is a little bulky. anyone have a small one? it will need to be able to air up an air matraess too. yep, it needs to suck and blow! :wink:
i guess we plan on setting up shop and using all of our space together. i would guess w/ the number of racers we have (8), we should be able to get a large amount of space. i think i read that we get a 30x40 space each. thats like 10K sq ft. should be plenty of room.

i'll have a laptop w/ net access. limited use for this. DVD players? anyone have a way to play the AICMC vids on a trailer or something? i'll have a protable DVD player w/ 2 small screens.

have we mapped out the local Wal-marts? parts stores? salvege yards?
anyone wanna take this on?

anything i missed? input please.
the only problem i have @ this point is i dont see any input from those who are driving up. including Adam.

mitchntx
08-29-2006, 08:43 PM

{snip}

add what you want.

You are just too easy ....

Boudy
08-29-2006, 09:50 PM
Ok, I planning to bring:

1) 7500 watt generator
2) Rita' machine - if requested
3) 2 coolers for iced Gatorade
4) Radios for road trip
5) 2 - 6' tables for food and stuff
6) Several HD extention cords
7) Big grill
8 ) Deleted Heater - not cold enough)
9) 2-burner cooker & cooking hardware
10) Rita' machine
11) Poker set
12) PA System (Bring you favorite cds or mp3 player)
13) Deleted Dry Ice - Bringing freezer instead
14) Full Size Fridge with Freezer
15) Cordless Shop Vac
16) 150cc Pit Bike
17) GPS mapping for trip

I'm also planning on cooking throughout the week. All are welcome but please email me so I know whether to cook for 10 or 20.

Here is my tentative menu:

Monday - Chicken jambalaya w/white beans
Tuesday - BBQ chicken & sausage w/potato salad
Wednesday - Redbeans & rice w/garlic bread
Thurday - BBQ Brisket Sandwiches
Friday - Good ole' Friday night fish fry
Saturday - Chicken & sausage gumbo

Boudy

edited to update list. again. again. again.

GlennCMC70
08-29-2006, 11:27 PM
good call Boudy. watch the plans though. they are having that free dinner thursday @ the reformatorium.
i can pitch in for food costs.

jeffburch
08-29-2006, 11:31 PM
Reformatorium?
What?
WTF is that?
I aint fly over to no coocoos nest.
Bev would sign my ass up.

jb

GlennCMC70
08-30-2006, 01:33 AM
Bev, he's on to us. plan B, i repeat, plan B.

mitchntx
08-30-2006, 05:19 AM

Bev, he's on to us. plan B, i repeat, plan B.

It only took 5 hours ... :roll:

Boudy
08-30-2006, 06:20 AM
Yeah, I'm tentative on meals as I also remember a possible movie night. Also bringing a poker set in case there is some extra evening time.

Boudy

gt40
08-30-2006, 08:44 AM
WTF happened to my post?!?

Oh well...

I'm flying up there with Tanner to help work the races and hang out, so put me on the list for Friday evening through Sunday evening.

Anything I need to bring?

GlennCMC70
08-30-2006, 09:29 AM
gotcha Robert.
just got up after working till 4 am. give me a bit, and i'll finish this up. look for an edited first post.

Lewis Tanner
08-30-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm planning on arriving in the Cattle Horn shod, Texas flag adorned 2006 Sedan DeVille around 10:00 on Friday Night with RK and at least a case of Shiner. The "Texas Taxi" should represent our region well.

jeffburch
08-30-2006, 10:50 AM
RK & LT!

Tell me about your arrival/departure times at the airport in Ohio.
I may have someone hitch a ride with ya'll.
Thx,
jb

Lewis Tanner
08-30-2006, 10:59 AM
RK & LT!

Tell me about your arrival/departure times at the airport in Ohio.
I may have someone hitch a ride with ya'll.
Thx,
jb

Arrive in Columbus on Friday at 9:35 PM. Depart from Columbus on Sunday at 7:05 PM. Prenty room in Cadirrac.

GlennCMC70
08-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Robert and Lewis, please shoot me your cell numbers.

Todd Covini
08-30-2006, 10:48 PM
OK...my plans are shaping up nicely.

Liebbe's been helping me prep and he's doing the "uncanny timing of a business trip" thing the week before to try and come into Ohio as well.

I feel a Pah-tay comin' on!!!

Picking up my trailer with renewed lights and brakes tomorrow.
CMC#2 thrash/prepwork continues thru the long weekend.
Dropping off the roadster at the paint shop on Monday for a cage/interior spray.
Got tentative clearance to pick up the motorhome on Friday nite the 8th w/o another nite's charges. :D

Soooo...will try to load everything Friday nite/early Sat. morning and be on the road no later than noon Saturday from Houston.

Goal of Sunday nite arrival at M-O seems optimistic for me, but as long as we're there sometime Monday...who cares?!?!

Boudy...you da' man with Margarita machine and food. Let us know what you need from us and we'll all pitch in for the group grub! Our biggest goal should be to paddock each and every Texas racer together up there and make the "Texas AI/CMC Corral THE place to be!!!" (Leave all the politics & BS baggage here in Texas. This event should solidly reunite the group toward a common cause....at least for a week! :D LOL)

As Glenn mentioned, there will be a few dinners with the larger NASA crowd so I'm planning on the prison dinner one nite, and a few series type get togethers on one or two of the other nites.

I've got the AI/CMC banners and Mobil 1 is sending me some other flags/stuff to shamelessly display so you should all be able to find our paddock!

That's all I can think of for now....More updates as they become available...

-=- Todd

GlennCMC70
08-30-2006, 11:15 PM
first post updated.
Todd, i cant believe your painting the car the same week you plan to leave to Nats. Ming Ming, you forgot yo bling bling! :P

Todd Covini
08-30-2006, 11:26 PM
Paint is the least of my worries....
Right now the car is up on blocks without any interior, fluids, tranny, clutch or radiator.

Lots of work to do...but the UPS man is my new best friend.

-=- T

PS- I'm driving to Dallas and then relying on you homies for someone to follow from there to Ohio!!! (figger I'll get all the "following" out of my system before the races begin. 8)

marshall_mosty
08-31-2006, 07:39 AM
Todd,
Are we going to be able to see any spy photos of the new paint and/or cage prior to MSR-H???

Boudy
08-31-2006, 07:52 AM
I'm concerned about A/C. Anyone know if there will be A/C available where we pit? Not sure if Rita' machine will cooperate on my generator.

Added items to my list in the first post to keep things organized and thread shorter.

Boudy

Nick
08-31-2006, 09:36 AM
I'll take my wet/dry vac. It blows. Could also take the air compressor to use along with the nitrogen bottle. I can fit both of those or Boudy's grill (depending on size) but probably not all of 'em.

Boudy, Virginia will be with me and we'll put in money on the trackside diner.

I'll look up local Target's, parts stores, and junkyards this weekend.

Whatever route we take there is fine. Make copies for those caravaning please.

Todd Covini
08-31-2006, 10:06 AM
MM- I'll post pics of the new & improved CMC #2 before leaving for M-O.

RB- I can host the 'rita machine in my A/C'd motorhome if you'd like.

-=- T

GlennCMC70
08-31-2006, 10:06 AM
i did some map learning last night. looks like the Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville, Louisville, Bowling Green, Cincinatti, Columbus to Mid Ohio route.
what ever we do, we are not stopping for the night in Memphis. i was there for a little over a year back in 93 time frame and i absolutely hate that place and crime is rampant.

anyways.

jeffburch
08-31-2006, 12:30 PM
Any Hagar fans here?

http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/Rock_The_Nation.wma

8)

jb

macstang
08-31-2006, 02:14 PM
first post updated.
Todd, i cant believe your painting the car the same week you plan to leave to Nats. Ming Ming, you forgot yo bling bling! :P

At least he's not building a car the week before Nationals....

http://www.aicmctexas.com/gallery/d/9605-2/cmc44+011.jpg

I have track time scheduled at Barber Saturday. Paint Monday. Leave Wednedsay.

Still waiting on: axles, wheels, struts, sleep.

Todd Covini
08-31-2006, 02:58 PM
You guys are an inspiration, Jerry!

I was going to cross my fingers and hope the well worn clutch and well dented radiator would make it thru Nationals. After seeing what you guys have done, I decided that if Dononvan can change trannys between races and Team Warhorse can jack up the horn and put a new car under it....then I can "tough it out" and swap a clutch and radiator in time.

(The cage was in the plan well before TWS...just took a while to get into the shop.)

-=- Todd

PS- D'oh....we're off topic again. Don't tell Glenn. :wink:

macstang
08-31-2006, 03:44 PM
Getting back on topic.

I'm bringing a compressor, a small welder, a generator, 2 canopies, and, i dont remember.

I'll just throw this out there, because my time has been taken by CMC 44, my TTB 15 has not gotten what it needs. ie. head gaskets, oil cooler, few minor things etc.

Not sure if I should bring the car, I was planning on it, but it's broke. Anyone wanna help me get it going while we are there? I just need a couple hands, nothing monetary or anything.

I have been doing 44 alone, and dont wanna do anything on 15 at all. I need some motivation. I bought Hoosiers for the car almost a year ago, just for Nats, but I'm almost drained so much that I would not even try to bring the car.

If ya help, I can reward you with something that Micah will pay for lol. j/k.

Also, if anyone needs any parts for Mustang, we have a bunch of stuff left over from the old 44, some of it is from the new 44 and is brand new.

I dont have time to type a list, but maybe I can after the weekend.

Back to the dungeon....

Rob Liebbe
08-31-2006, 09:39 PM
Glenn,

I plan on being there as well. Strange about all these business trips in Ohio all of a sudden.

cell phone is 281-413-1948

My plans are to arrive Friday evening - stay the weekend and depart Sunday evening for Dayton.

I'm going to do my best to help Todd get his POS back together this weekend and maybe he'll let me stay with him.

When I'm at the track I plan on being universal pit bitch - so anyone who needs help, just let me know.

PS - I noticed Boudy listed the 'Rita machine twice - cool.

GlennCMC70
08-31-2006, 10:22 PM
guys, i'm getting your names and #'s added to my list. i just havent updated the list on the first post. uummm, i'll do that now.
thanks for getting me this info. i hope it isnt needed, but ya never know.

GlennCMC70
08-31-2006, 10:32 PM
o.k. - i'm not bringing a grill and i'm not bringing a generator.
i did pick up a small shop vac. i hope we have power to run it.
picked up a nitrogen tank today. thanks to Natwel Supply Corp of San Antonio TX. welding and weld gas and more supply shop. Steve Natwel owns this shop and is a fellow CMC guy (CMC #8 - dark blue).

Todd Covini
08-31-2006, 10:55 PM
Getting back on topic.

Back to the dungeon....

Jerry...without a doubt, bring TT#15 and we'll help you get it going! If my POS holds together that Tuesday then I'll be bored on Wednesday with nothing to do and can help you wash the windshield or adjust the shocks or tighten lug nuts. 8)

Kidding....whatever you need. Just bring the car and all the parts and we'll get 'er done. Most importantly is to get that CMC car into the field!!!

(I saw that Micah's luck turned around after TWS and he won the random Nationals drawing for a free annual membership...could be karma.

-=- T

jeffburch
09-01-2006, 08:06 AM
What is needed here is a Nationals Planning Blog where participants can pile on info.

'Rita machine- When Boudy comes to pick me up and sees the quantity of my stuff, that thing may get left behind. Shoot, we need an ice machine or a big fridge.

Jerry- Most are gonna be there Sun or Mon. There will be PLENTY of time to tag team both of those cars. We'll get 'em on track!

Also need a list going of unused crew member slots that can be used by others. Mine are all taken.

My cell- 469.831.8693
Bev cell- 469.831.8689

Just random thoughts,
Rock the Nation!

jb

GlennCMC70
09-01-2006, 08:15 AM
my crew slots are also taken.
you will have to provide this info when you check into the track. lots of non-racers comming, lets get them on someones list.

Boudy
09-01-2006, 11:15 AM
As a contingency sponsor, I have a couple employee spots available. But I have to know soon to send em' in.

Jeff: You worry too much. (yeah, I know, "I don't worry enough...) We may look like the Beverly Hillbillies on the move, but we'll get it all to Ohio one way or another.

Boudy

Nick
09-01-2006, 02:55 PM
How many crew member spots per person?

I've printed out local NAPA's, Autozone's, Carquest's, Target's and Wal-Mart's. Nice selection within 10 miles. Not much in the way of salvage yards that I could find.

Boudy
09-02-2006, 09:53 AM
Todd: Are you bringing your projector? With my computer and PA system, we could watch movies on the side of a trailer.

Boudy

GlennCMC70
09-02-2006, 10:08 AM
3 crew slots per person if i remember correctly.

rpoz27
09-03-2006, 09:58 AM
Do y'all need extra easy-ups, power converters for trucks, coolers, anything else? If Martin and I have it y'all are welcome to it. Whoever's coming through CS could pick it up.

Good luck everyone! We're cheering y'all on!

Misty

GlennCMC70
09-04-2006, 08:17 PM
thanks Misty, but Todd is the only one not comming from the DFW area. he's comming up out of Houston.

o.k. guys, we need to pick a departure time.
saturday @ when and @ where.
i'm in Ft Worth - west side.
Adam is Plaino
Boudy / Jeff is Bedford / Grapevine
Nick is Mansfield
i think that is it except for John George and Dave Irwin. no feedback from John on his departure date and Dave Irwin is leaving out of Tyler.
the route i suggest is I-30 to Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville bla, bla, bla..

isnt there a large gas station just before Royce City? like hwy 34 & I-30? anyone know the area? i used to work that side of town, but its been awhile.

o.k. guys - speak up. who did i leave out?

Todd Covini
09-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Todd: Are you bringing your projector? With my computer and PA system, we could watch movies on the side of a trailer.

Boudy

Unfortunately, I don't think I can borrow the projector from work for 10 days without someone else needing it. :( But I'll see if I can score an old one or something else.

-=- Todd

Todd Covini
09-04-2006, 11:15 PM
thanks Misty, but Todd is the only one not comming from the DFW area. he's comming up out of Houston.

o.k. guys, we need to pick a departure time.

Thanks for the offer, Misty...we'll let you know if we need anything!

Glenn and all...things are progressing nicely for my prep.
New clutch, cable, quadrant, shifter, etc all in nicely and gears feeling great again.
Car dropped off at the painters today for interior paint.
I did my walkthru orientation of the motorhome this afternoon and will pick it up on Friday.

ASSuming I can load everything Friday nite, I may be able to leave Houston first thing (~8-9AM) on Saturday. (Banking on a late nite of loading.) That will put me in the Dallas area ~2PM, no?

Let's not be in too much of a hurry to get there, I heard there is an SCCA event there this weekend and no-one will be allowed into the track until Sunday evening. I'm OK with a late Monday morning arrival if you guys are.

Thanks again for coordinating this, Glenn. I'll give you a call tomorrow to discuss more.

-=- Todd

PS- I read on the NASAforums that bringing plywood is a great idea for the grass pits. May need to add a few sheets to my prep list.

Can one of you Dallas guys get a couple large AICMC Texas decals? I'll put them on the side of the motorhome as part of the caravan!

GlennCMC70
09-05-2006, 07:15 AM
Todd, i still see no reason we can't be there by sunday evening.
most all of the guys up here i have spoke w/ are concerned about leaving dallas later than noon saturday. Adam had to be @ work up close to the track on monday. he will drop off monday night.
abuse Rob and get that motorhome packed up friday night and pull out @ 6am saturday. should put you in Dallas @ 10am.

the trip is 1150 miles or so from Dallas. @ 60 mph its 19hrs of windshield time. add in fuel and food and tee tee :roll: stops and its no more than 24hrs. if we stop and sleep saturday night for about 4-6 hrs, so 30 hrs. leave @ 10am from Dallas, put in 12hrs driving, 6hrs sleeping, and another 12 driving, we should be there around 6-8pm sunday. we sleep late monday.

as for plywood, i'll pick up my stuff when i'm there on monday.

David Love AI27
09-06-2006, 12:10 AM
abuse Rob and get that motorhome packed up friday night and pull out @ 6am saturday. should put you in Dallas @ 10am.

Todd,

I can help you friday evening/night. I can't make the event due to death of close family friend and new job but I would love to help you.

phone: 281-414-1738

ps available evenings this week also

marshall_mosty
09-06-2006, 07:17 AM
David,
Congrats on the new job.

micah
09-06-2006, 10:12 AM
we had thought of being long tow racing instead of warhorse. your about to find out why.

gt40
09-06-2006, 10:20 AM
we had thought of being long tow racing instead of warhorse. your about to find out why.How about FedEx Racing -- When it Absolutely, Positively has to be Done Overnight.

Very impressive build, guys, and you painted it, to boot!

GlennCMC70
09-06-2006, 09:44 PM
myself and Nick will be @ the Pilot truck stop @ I-30 and exit 70 @ 10am. we will top off our tanks and look for an early lunch. we will leave from there.
will anyone else be there?

Todd Covini
09-07-2006, 01:48 AM
As discussed, Glenn...go on without me! I'll shoot for an early AM Sat. morning departure but Adam's 3-4PM Dallas departure sounds more realistic for me.

Everything's a go still...car came back from the painter today but I don't think he had time to do a "nice glossy job" so instead I got the "quicky satin finish job"

Interior's back together as of 1:30 this morning. More loose ends to tie up tonight and I've got work meetings Friday afternoon unfortunately preventing me from ducking out early to get a head start on packing up.

I can't wait to get back out on the track again....

-=- Todd

GlennCMC70
09-07-2006, 08:02 AM
well its good that it looks like you and Adam will be able to travel together.

Nick
09-07-2006, 08:09 AM
It's a Love's fuel station in Rockwall at exit 70. :wink:
A Carl's Jr. is connected to the Loves.
Jeff, Boudy, is that going to work for you?

jeffburch
09-07-2006, 08:31 PM
Nick/Glenn,
Dunno what to say.
We are currently a 3 rig party.
Co. Van/Trailer + 2 Argent employees. (Hehe, I knew all a Boudys' shit wouldn't fit, ya'll think CR is bad! He never brought a full size frig!)
Dunno for sure when Team Argent Lab
will pull out.
Ya'll prolly be out front of us. Don't hang for us.
I'll bang ya when we hit the bricks.
Man I'm tired.

jb
NAT/CMC#8

Todd Covini
09-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Tired is definately the word.
I've been up 'til 2 the last few nites.
New radiator and roll bar padding finally showed up on the doorstep yesterday so got it all done.

We'll all talk on the road...at this point, I'm still shooting for a mid-Saturday morning Houston departure to try and line up with Adam's timeline.

Tons of stuff to load up tonight....but no full size fridge.

-=- Todd

PS- David Love...thanks for the offer for help but I think I'm OK...I'll need to think & pack...if someone else loads I won't know where my stuff is!

Rob Liebbe
09-08-2006, 09:02 AM
My plans for attending are falling apart, but I just want to wish all those who are going good luck and a safe journey.

Oh yeah - Kick Ass!!!

Boudy
09-08-2006, 09:11 AM
I couldn't find a volunteer to haul my grill so I opted to take and additional trailer and 2 employees. The benefit to this is I am taking a full sized fridge with freezer and I added a pit bike and some other stuff since we now have the room.

As JB said, I don't know when the hell we'll get out of here loading all these trailers.

Good news is that the gumbo, beans, and jambalya are finished. ;)
Nobody emailed me but I'll be able to feed 20+ people per night. Everyone from our group is welcome. Some have offered to pitch in on the food bill. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Boudy

drierson
09-08-2006, 04:43 PM
My plan right now is to leave Dallas Tuesday morning and would welcome some company on the trip if anyone wants to join me.