PDA

View Full Version : Hallett RV options?

mach1
04-30-2014, 05:29 PM
So I am trying to figure out a way for my wife and 3 week old baby to stay at the track, does Hallett have any onsite RV rentals? I am assuming this is what Michael did at TWS.

marshall_mosty
04-30-2014, 09:32 PM
Hallett doesn't have any RV rentals. You either two with one, or camp in a tent.

ShadowBolt
05-01-2014, 07:35 AM
Tyler,

I know David and Frank rented RV's from someone two years ago (I don't know about last year). The company delivered them prior to the race weekend then picked them up afterwards.

Jerry

Fbody383
05-01-2014, 08:16 AM
Tyler,

I know David and Frank rented RV's from someone two years ago (I don't know about last year). The company delivered them prior to the race weekend then picked them up afterwards.

Jerry

www.nationalrvrentals.info (http://www.nationalrvrentals.info) - yes, the site seems sketchy but they have been fine. Kinda. Was like pulling teeth a couple years a ago and one year we had to pick it up in Tulsa and do the shuttle thing. And, not cheap.

Here's what I'm thinking this year... don't ruin this for me. A 20'+ U haul box truck is $40/day - you still have to go pickup/dropoff but I think there's a Home Depot on the west side of Tulsa that is open Sunday. A couple 2X2s, some roll plastic and $120 window A/C... voila, comfortable, dry, sleeping arrangements.

Or, I'll be begging car Hauler Hotel floor space or in the tent.

ShadowBolt
05-01-2014, 08:43 AM
David,

My brother races motorcycles and he says a lot of guys run the Dodge Sprinter van.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_Sprinter

It's made by Mercedes and has a diesel engine that they let idle all day and all night running both front and rear airs. From what I'm told it will freeze you out no matter how hot is is outside. There is a lot of room in these things and I assume the diesel will pull the race car with no problem.

JJ

michaelmosty
05-01-2014, 10:31 AM
I think Raegan and I will be leaving the little one at home for Hallett. Kaitlynn doesn't really appreciate the late night karaoke / drinking like we do!!

And when I say "leave at home", I mean with the grandparents, not at home by herself.

ShadowBolt
05-01-2014, 06:08 PM
I think Raegan and I will be leaving the little one at home for Hallett. Kaitlynn doesn't really appreciate the late night karaoke / drinking like we do!!

And when I say "leave at home", I mean with the grandparents, not at home by herself.

Thanks for clarifying. I was looking up the number for child and family services.

JJ

mach1
05-02-2014, 08:31 AM
Thanks for clarifying. I was looking up the number for child and family services.

JJ

You and me both :)

MikeS
05-19-2014, 01:08 AM
Anyone know the scoop on what services are available for RVs? Looks like my wife's uncle is going to let us borrow his for the weekend. Didn't see any info on the Hallett website about RV services/fees.

ShadowBolt
05-19-2014, 07:08 AM
Anyone know the scoop on what services are available for RVs? Looks like my wife's uncle is going to let us borrow his for the weekend. Didn't see any info on the Hallett website about RV services/fees.

There are electrical hookups (20 amp, 30 amp, and 50 amp) scattered all over the paddock. You pay (at least in years past) $20.00 per weekend for 20 AMP $30.00 for 30 AMP etc. There are a few places to fill up with water but you can't stay hooked up to water (ask me how I know). There are zero sewer hook-ups.

JJ

Fbody383
05-19-2014, 09:15 AM
Anyone know the scoop on what services are available for RVs? Looks like my wife's uncle is going to let us borrow his for the weekend. Didn't see any info on the Hallett website about RV services/fees. And it's first come first served... if you don't have a raceport, earlier is better. Will be a bunch of AI/CMC guys at the top of the hill overlooking the back straight. The Dr. Frank/4 Finger camp is at the bottom of the hill by the Hallett race shop.

Scott and I should be there Thursday afternoon.

MikeS
05-22-2014, 01:27 PM
Yep, my goal is to get there Thurs before dark.

mach1
05-22-2014, 03:08 PM
Yep, my goal is to get there Thurs before dark.

When do they close the gates on Thurs? I am going to be getting in around midnight.

ShadowBolt
05-22-2014, 03:30 PM
When do they close the gates on Thurs? I am going to be getting in around midnight.

It is usually around 10:00

JJ