PDA

View Full Version : Hallett - Time to sign up!

MikeP99Z
05-13-2014, 08:46 AM
Hallett Summer Shootout 2014 - new pavement!

AI
Jim Dulaney
Ian Powell
John Linton
Mike Patterson
Mark Smith
Marshall Mosty
David Capps
David Irwin
Bill Swendsen
Richard Pedersen
Shawn Graham
James Strader
Mike Stacy
Frank Robertson
Mike Montgomery
Casey Holdway

CMC
Sean Richardson
Ross Smith
Michael Mosty
Gary Robertson
Bryan Curtis
Team Purple Flyer
Team Jordan
Tyler Gardner
Craig McCormick
John Martin
Perry Herrmann
Dustin Mozader
Morgan Dawdy
Dan Allford
David Francis
Bryan Leinart
Jeremy Gunter
Al Fernandez
Pranav Patel
Sam Crumpacker

SI
Mike Snavely
Dennis Tanker
Jack Murray

GlennCMC70
05-13-2014, 08:48 PM
Questionable.

Got the car out of the trailer today and it is worst case.
The rocker turned off the valve (cause I used head gaskets w/out the alignment holes for the pushrods) and that let the cam kick a lifter out of the bore as well as kick the anti rotation plate up. That let the next lifter over turn on the hole w/ the valve spring still pushing on it.
Lifter roller is now more square than round. large metal chunks in the valley, one lifter was open (failed retainer clip) and is missing its guts. Got some of the stuff pulled off today. Hope to have it out tomorrow night. Should have it back in Painters hands before the end of the week.

Gonna need a replacement 93 cam.

This is the most mechanical issues I've had in a very long time. And the second half of it all is completely my fault.
F me......

AllZWay
05-13-2014, 09:20 PM
That doesn't sound good at all. Good luck getting it fixed.

MikeP99Z
05-13-2014, 11:09 PM
Joining us James?

Fbody383
05-14-2014, 09:10 AM
Joining us James? Oh great... another fast guy at the front. Nah, he doesn't want any Hallett... new surface, grippy tire, what fun is that? I think he and Jander have a tea party scheduled anyway. Probably invite that 55 car too since those guys don't want any of Leinart's new hooptie.

AllZWay
05-14-2014, 02:06 PM
Joining us James?

Unfortunately No... I did get the car back from being painted, but it is a long way from being ready. Lots of stickers to add, brake ducts, new tow strap, etc.....

mach1
05-14-2014, 06:01 PM
Questionable.

Got the car out of the trailer today and it is worst case.
The rocker turned off the valve (cause I used head gaskets w/out the alignment holes for the pushrods) and that let the cam kick a lifter out of the bore as well as kick the anti rotation plate up. That let the next lifter over turn on the hole w/ the valve spring still pushing on it.
Lifter roller is now more square than round. large metal chunks in the valley, one lifter was open (failed retainer clip) and is missing its guts. Got some of the stuff pulled off today. Hope to have it out tomorrow night. Should have it back in Painters hands before the end of the week.

Gonna need a replacement 93 cam.

This is the most mechanical issues I've had in a very long time. And the second half of it all is completely my fault.
F me......

I'm sorry to heat that Glenn, if it makes you feel better I've probably got snapping crankshafts in my future with the way I like to tap the rev limiter.

I will be going to Hallett, 1:26's here I come!

GlennCMC70
05-14-2014, 10:49 PM
Motor going to machine shop in the morning.
Cam is trashed. Couple lifters trashed.
Gotta check the oil cooler for metal as well.
The valley looked like the dressing room floor of a strip club - glitter everywhere.......

ShadowBolt
05-15-2014, 07:35 AM
Motor going to machine shop in the morning.
Cam is trashed. Couple lifters trashed.
Gotta check the oil cooler for metal as well.
The valley looked like the dressing room floor of a strip club - glitter everywhere.......

Sorry to hear that Glenn.

JJ