PDA

View Full Version : Hallett Trophy's

marshall_mosty
06-12-2014, 06:40 PM
All,
I'm doing the Summer Shootout trophies this year. They are a very nice wood plaque with some laser cut pistols (thanks Jerry!!). Here is where we all need to make a decision.

We can either have a traveling trophy where there is not a specific year on the face of the plaque and each following year I can take the award back during the April event and have a nameplate added to the back with Champion's name and the year, or we can take a collective fund of $10each per year to fully fund an annual award.

I have until Monday to tell the shop to include the year or not.

If we decide this will be a yearly award, I'm going to keep this at a gentlemen's agreement to pay me for this event. Going forward, I think we should start talking about annual dues again to cover this type of cost plus the year end banquet...

Thoughts?

Trublu
06-12-2014, 09:48 PM
All,
I'm doing the Summer Shootout trophies this year. They are a very nice wood plaque with some laser cut pistols (thanks Jerry!!). Here is where we all need to make a decision.

We can either have a traveling trophy where there is not a specific year on the face of the plaque and each following year I can take the award back during the April event and have a nameplate added to the back with Champion's name and the year, or we can take a collective fund of $10each per year to fully fund an annual award.

I have until Monday to tell the shop to include the year or not.

If we decide this will be a yearly award, I'm going to keep this at a gentlemen's agreement to pay me for this event. Going forward, I think we should start talking about annual dues again to cover this type of cost plus the year end banquet...

Thoughts?
I'm good with annual dues and paying you for this event.

Dulaney
06-13-2014, 09:09 AM
I vote yearly trophies. Hallett's pretty special.

Hoping I can actually finish R4 this year...

AllZWay
06-13-2014, 10:13 AM

I agree... I really like my Hallett trophies and especially my shotgun trophy created by Jerry a few years ago.

The traveling championship trophies are nice, but since you don't get to keep it afterwards it is a short term enjoyment. :D

Rsmith350
06-13-2014, 10:14 AM

Second this!

Fbody383
06-13-2014, 10:21 AM
I'm in for some annual kick-in... yearly trophies.

I may only have a third, but it's from Hallett.

y5e06
06-13-2014, 11:11 AM
Perhaps a small surcharge to the Pony Cars entry fees for Hallett, specifically for a yearly non-traveling trophy.
there are multiple non-TX region folks running, and multiple TX folks staying home. so, yearly TX region dues paying for the trophy wouldn't seem appropriate.

smitty328
06-13-2014, 11:56 AM

+1

And I'm hoping I can actually start R1-4 this year.

marshall_mosty
06-13-2014, 12:02 PM
Perhaps a small surcharge to the Pony Cars entry fees for Hallett, specifically for a yearly non-traveling trophy.
there are multiple non-TX region folks running, and multiple TX folks staying home. so, yearly TX region dues paying for the trophy wouldn't seem appropriate.
Morgan,
Would you be against annual dues being applied to the year end banquet in the event you were not planning on attending? My idea of annual dues are to use for the several "big" events of the season (trophies for events, just need to figure which one's as well as paying for the banquet location and reducing the cost of the food).

If we want to increase the dues, I can have special 1st-3rd place trophies made for all three classes for each event. All that depends on the available budget which comes from the points collecting racers in TX.

Cross-overs are special and I'm not going to refuse giving a trophy to a well-deserved out of region racer just because he didn't pitch in his $10 (assuming it's a yearly thing and not a traveling trophy)...

Fbody383
06-13-2014, 02:23 PM
Oh, one more thing... I think Glenn hacked Marshall's account or the thread title would be "Hallett Trophies;" just sayin'.

Go Orange!

marshall_mosty
06-13-2014, 03:37 PM
Oh, one more thing... I think Glenn hacked Marshall's account or the thread title would be "Hallett Trophies;" just sayin'.

Go Orange!

No spell check on my I-Phone... oh well...

Fbody383
06-14-2014, 03:46 PM
No spell check on my I-Phone... oh well...
Their both spelled write... sea what I did they're.