PDA

View Full Version : Post-Hallett Media

marshall_mosty
06-23-2014, 08:06 AM
All,
This past weekend was a blast. There were definitely some "hi's" and "low's" for all parties.

Racing was tight in all three classes and with driver's having to not only continue the development of the RR's on their car, but also work with a new track surface that for those who tested Friday, seemed to "go away" in the afternoon.

I'd like to especially thank Dan Allford for helping weld on yet another Mustang after my Watts Link decided it wanted to fail during practice on Friday. For me, it was bitter sweet. After finally chewing my times down to a weekend class best of 1:25.19, the wire on the back of my ignition switch became loose and was intermittently turning the car on/off during the championship race and forced my retirement. That issue will be resolved prior to the next event, so all will be good, but my curse at Hallett continues with 3 starts and 3 DNF's for the Championship Race at Hallett... grrrr.

Congrats to the three class winners for the Summer Shootout:
AI: Mark Smith
SI: Jack Murray
CMC: Bryan Curtis

Fbody383
06-23-2014, 09:40 AM
Just for consistency shouldn't this thread be under 'Racing' with the other racing video threads? Either way, we'll find it.

Started off at a low point, more green than orange... just felt horrible Friday. Hard to test on 09/09/07/06 RA1s when you feel like you're going to throw up in your helmet.

And then find that your shifter looks like a pogo stick, not an uncommon issue for me at Hallett. Quick check - all the bolts are there and tight. Next session - same, same. Replace broken trans mount with borrowed trans mount (that later become a broken trans mount)

Qual for R1 ok but race better. R2 go from 5th-to-back to 3rd-from-front. R3 - wow! THAT video should be interesting. I think Sean/Gary/Others? will start penalizing me for not lifting when I have a "slight" off... apparently an underpowered GM CMC car will gently toss tiny, tiny pebbles into the air, coming to rest lightly upon the paint and front windshield of the following racing vehicle.

OR, according to Sean: 260hp of firebreathing Chebby Racecah chunks boulders of epic proportions the size of the Chrysler building at the speed of sound.
HERE (http://gopro.com/camera-accessories/standard-housing-lens-replacement-kit?gclid=CMvKsI2bkL8CFSJo7AodQwEAxg) is the GoPro lens kit.

Champ Race was a hoot to watch - was a great weekend for the Orange team and a success everytime we can drive the car on the trailer to go home.

It looks like the 2015 AI trophy needs to be a pinion gear welded on to its companion ring gear with some other bits from the 'box of rocks' it came out of - i think you guys have at least the top 3 covered from this weekend alone.

Dustin - thanks for the racing and sportsmanship. Bryan/Ryan - nice run.

1/2/3/4
RA1/RR/RR/RA1
4th gen/Fox/4th gen/4th gen - see those cheater Mustangs still have too much adavantage.

mach1
06-23-2014, 10:29 AM
Highs
Tied CMC track record with a 28 flat in TNT on Friday with old "crappy" RA1's
Qual'd 2nd on Sat, I was driving fast but racing(starting) poorly, had plenty of issues with the starts(Car, Me).

Lows
I am going to open the trans up to replace 2nd gear and 4th gear, having shifting issues and when I had it opened last they were the worst members in it, should have done it right the first time :-/
I was having hell with T1 on the RR's, I cut(damaged) 1 RR in qual so I put a RA1 back there and that corner felt better imo, it could take more abuse, the grip was there much sooner, etc.
Had fuel cutout issues all weekend, cost me several positions in every race, I think my baffle is broken in the gas tank, hopefully I can get some advice on fixing that from some mustang guys.
Minor contact with John in R1(Sorry!), broke my new RPF1 on the curbing so I was running RA1's on the left side of the car and RR's on the right, also running 17x9's on the left and 17x9.5s on the right.
When my brakes are cold it feels like my front end is going to fall off from extreme vibration, is this a side effect of floating rotors?

The weekend was a bit of hell but I still had fun, learned a lot, love racing with you guys!

Pranav
06-23-2014, 10:32 AM
A good weekend is when the only stuff I needed to unload from the truck was to help others.

Made the mistake of leaving Houston at 3am Friday morning after a couple of weeks of skimping on sleep, then practicing. Was dragging HARD all Friday, sleepy Saturday, was feeling great Sunday morning until the Championship race; was more ready for a nap than for a race.

Horribly behind the pace all weekend and just tired.

Car ran a little hot, but fine all weekend, go figure.

Next year I'll take Thursday and Friday off so I can actually enjoy Hallett.

MikeP99Z
06-23-2014, 11:31 AM
Grats to Mark, Jack and Bryan on their R4 wins!

For those not there, I blew up my diff on Saturday morning qualifying - didn't even make a full hot lap. The car ran really well on Friday TNT though.

It wasn't a good weekend for AI F-body 10-bolts. I'm sure there is absolutely nothing left of my pinion gear. Jim blew his up in Race 3, and Shawn Graham broke his on the start of R4. Casey's survived (note - his went boom at Cresson).

We'll be researching other options for the future as this was my third ring/pinion failure in 12 race weekends.

Insult to injury when we pushed the car in the trailer the splitter caught the back edge of the trailer destroyed it.

The beer and conversations were good =)

MikeP99Z
06-23-2014, 11:48 AM
broke my new RPF1 on the curbing

If you need Enkei RPF1s, I can get them at a really good price.

17x9.5 around $200-205 each - silver
18x9.5 around $260-270 each - silver
Tax not included. No shipping.

Other colors may be available for slightly more, I'd have to call.

Dulaney
06-23-2014, 01:10 PM
My goal was to finish R4, since I haven't done that the last two years. I didn't even get to start R4 this time.
Race 1
http://youtu.be/uXbfKmQLTtI
Race 2
http://youtu.be/ZxqzfvCXjYM
Race 3
http://youtu.be/DLSSu3S8IwU

Finishes for the weekend were 1, 5, 12 (DNF).

Anybody in the Dallas area have any 8.8 stuff they can part with? I'd like a housing to start chopping up, but I'll take stuff on loan for measurement purposes too. If not, I'll head to the salvage yard. PM me if you have something, don't want to clutter up this thread.

My apologies for oil drops on everyone's windshield. 7 Qts in 3 races is crazy.

ShadowBolt
06-23-2014, 02:01 PM
Highs
Tied CMC track record with a 28 flat in TNT on Friday with old "crappy" RA1's
Qual'd 2nd on Sat, I was driving fast but racing(starting) poorly, had plenty of issues with the starts(Car, Me).

Lows
I am going to open the trans up to replace 2nd gear and 4th gear, having shifting issues and when I had it opened last they were the worst members in it, should have done it right the first time :-/
I was having hell with T1 on the RR's, I cut(damaged) 1 RR in qual so I put a RA1 back there and that corner felt better imo, it could take more abuse, the grip was there much sooner, etc.
Had fuel cutout issues all weekend, cost me several positions in every race, I think my baffle is broken in the gas tank, hopefully I can get some advice on fixing that from some mustang guys.
Minor contact with John in R1(Sorry!), broke my new RPF1 on the curbing so I was running RA1's on the left side of the car and RR's on the right, also running 17x9's on the left and 17x9.5s on the right.
When my brakes are cold it feels like my front end is going to fall off from extreme vibration, is this a side effect of floating rotors?

The weekend was a bit of hell but I still had fun, learned a lot, love racing with you guys!

I don't understand the RR's. On Friday in T&T we ran RR's with all four having a bad flat spot from TWS (two were down to the cord so we put them on the back. The car was perfect on Friday morning and Jay turned a best of 1.284 and I ran a 1.29 flat. Friday afternoon the car (with zero changes) pushed like a dump truck to borrow a phrase from Ol DW. We changed shock settings, air pressure, rear sway bar and nothing helped. Sat. morning for qual we put on a new set of RR's (we did run four laps on them on Friday and let them rest until Sat. morning). Car was not any better but played with pressures and got it where we could run about a half second slower than Friday. Jay finished second in R1 after Michael got punted by Brian Curtis. In R2 I started fourth from the rear and was going through the field when Al ran off track out of turn one and I tried to pass but got in the grass with the left tires under braking into Buss Stop and thankfully Al, and Gary let me spin off track and did not hit me. I went from like seventh to almost last but with others having trouble and some better driving on my part I think I finished like tenth. In R3 I started I think eighth and after the slowest ever rolling start I went to first just before the flag fell and got a great start. I was in fourth going into Buss Stop and passed everyone but the Sam by the end. For the first time in my life I drove a smart race and did not overdrive trying to catch Sam. I knew he had a DNF in one race and a poor finish in the other so I did not need to pass him. Our points put us third on the grid and Jay lit the tires up in the standing start and thank goodness an Orange car pushed him to turn one in fourth. Brian got around Michael and Ryan and Jay stayed right on Michael rear (as Michael was on Ryan's). They stayed this way lap after lap and I really thought Michael would pass Ryan and Jay and Ryan would race for the last podium spot. Did not happen. A really slow running Spec Iron car was about parked in turn four and Ryan and Michael had to get on the brakes hard to keep from hitting him. By the time Jay saw what was happening it was either hit Michael or try and pass them both on the left side of turn four. Jay got in the marbles and never even had a chance to save it as the rear snapped around and that was it for us. Jay passed a few cars and Dan got punted in the Bitch so I think we finished seventh. Brian Curtis told Jay he put back on his RA1's on Sunday morning and ran faster than on brand new heat cycled RR's! I bet he ran RA1's in R4 but I forgot to ask. Several drivers (Sam, both Brian’s, and a few others) ask if we were getting a lot of chatter from the front tires while turning......we were. Also the RR’s squeal like hell when pushed. Got lucky after four years of not finishing R4 we had a second year of making every lap. In fact had I not screwed up in R2 we may have started on the pole or at least P2 but it was not to be. Hallett is still the best place we race.

JJ

Suck fumes
06-23-2014, 02:11 PM
I'm sure the fact that the track had a new grippy surface was the cause of tires skipping on the pavement. To much grip!

I vote for Maxxis to be spec tire next year. You actually get a real tire if you win. So two free tires per weekend

JMR81
06-23-2014, 05:08 PM
Well our weekend was a pretty good except for one unfortunate incident. Qualified on pole ,unfortunately we ran into the back of one of our friends who was in AI. his car was ok our race was done. Rules is rules so we sat out the 2nd race on Saturday. Dave did let us test the repairs during one of the HPDE sessions so we knew we had a good car for Sunday. Race 3 started 3rd took the lead in turn 1 built the lead and then cruised for remainder of the race. Race 4 started 3rd took lead last corner of lap 1 repeat of race 3 . Dennis and Mike are really showing improvement and are fun to race with. I wish more of the SI cars had been there. Really want to thank Jason Massey of Illicit Motorsports for taking care of the car this weekend. He did an awesome job of getting us back on track. Ed Gilfus and the guys at Motorsports Development Group did a great job prepping the car and setting up the HVT suspension which we were using for the first time. Except for Air pressure we made no changes to the car all weekend. We really enjoyed the weekend and especially enjoy running with the AI/CMC group.

David Love AI27
06-24-2014, 12:05 AM
Several drivers (Sam, both Brian’s, and a few others) ask if we were getting a lot of chatter from the front tires while turning......we were. Also the RR’s squeal like hell when pushed. Got lucky after four years of not finishing R4 we had a second year of making every lap. In fact had I not screwed up in R2 we may have started on the pole or at least P2 but it was not to be. Hallett is still the best place we race.

JJ

My Doral R195/65/14s were chattering pretty good especially at T2... FYI 400 treadwwear.. The Falkins on the rear seamed to hold up better .

As usuall, you guys put on a great show...

Fbody383
06-24-2014, 08:21 AM
My Doral R195/65/14s were chattering pretty good especially at T2... FYI 400 treadwwear. RENEGADE! You just need more horsepower, a suicide knob, and exhaust flames... oh, and lose the synchros.

I wish I had video of R4. We got a little hung up taking the Redneck Motorhome back and got flustered. I'm sitting in the car with the National Anthem playing and realize my helmet strap isn't done. Scott's trying to get the GoPro to come on and record and it never crossed our mind the longer races would have used up the memory card. No proof now that the darn 55 was giving me the Lienart on the start and I had to push them out of the way.

Let's go with this for now: http://vimeo.com/98996021

You'll have to get with Gary and the year end vid to see the Alford 'exit stage left' up close like...

Casey_SS
06-24-2014, 09:32 AM
What an awesome weekend! First time I've ever been to Hallett and didn't spend the whole time either working on the car or watching from the bleachers with a broken car on the trailer. Had to make 3 trips to the dyno beforehand to sort out a sketchy fuel pump but they were well worth it.

I struggled a bit on Saturday, running a full 3 seconds off the front runners. Started 4th and finished 4th in R1, started 9th and finished 6th in R2. I didn't touch the car Saturday night except to rotate tires and replace brake pads. Thanks to Marshall for the assist - got it all knocked out in record time. Started R3 in 6th place, got a great start and won! My best inverted race ever. Mark Smith was all over me at the end and I almost threw it away in T2 but barely held on to squeak out the win. It was an ugly 12/10's sort of lap though. :) That win put me in P2 for the big show. Got a great start but so did Mark (polesitter)...he out-dragged me to T1 by half a car, Marshall and Bill followed him through on the inside line. Spent the whole race after that chasing Bill, who drove a stellar race. Never made a big enough mistake for me to capitalize on and figured out quickly how to defend in the one place I had an advantage (the bitch). Marshall broke and pulled off in the first few laps, which put me in third for a podium finish.

The late night shenanigans were even more fun than the racing. Good times :)

mach1
06-24-2014, 10:45 AM
I'm sitting in the car with the National Anthem playing
I really enjoyed that, and the roar after the fact.

Pranav
06-24-2014, 12:42 PM
Was I the only one who found it ironic that they played the national anthem for a Championship race full of cars...

...on Japanese tires?

smitty328
06-24-2014, 12:51 PM
What a great weekend! Saturday night was lots of fun, Sunday morning...not so much. I warmed up my tires as much as I could without throwing up in my helmet. But once the race started, I was all good. R1 followed Jim and breathed in about half a quart of his oil but I had nothing for him. R2 and 3 were a blast! I had a fun little battle with Casey in R3. R4 I got a good lead because of people battling each other behind me.

My biggest accomplishment for the weekend was a standing start with out losing a spot. :D

Glad I didn't fix my damage from TWS since I got hit in the same exact spot.

Here is R2 and R3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TyJM-ILug4&list=UUH8Zle8GXesGxAN1WggiU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRXEyd9K2_o&list=UUH8Zle8GXesGxAN1WggiUhg

ShadowBolt
06-24-2014, 03:28 PM
giving me the Lienart?

What mean WFO?

JJ

kbrewmr2
06-24-2014, 03:38 PM
I think I hit the only thing at the track yet to be touched by Lineart:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/10404887_10101465444554288_489285730287192535_n.jp g

Fbody383
06-24-2014, 04:15 PM
giving me the Lienart?

What mean WFO? You know, you guys in the cheater 55, be brake checkin' an inferior platform 4th gen...

I was bummed to not have any R4 footage. Of course it was just the 55 for a bit and then watching your other show pony friends.

Suck fumes
06-24-2014, 04:28 PM
What a great weekend! Saturday night was lots of fun, Sunday morning...not so much. I warmed up my tires as much as I could without throwing up in my helmet. But once the race started, I was all good. R1 followed Jim and breathed in about half a quart of his oil but I had nothing for him. R2 and 3 were a blast! I had a fun little battle with Casey in R3. R4 I got a good lead because of people battling each other behind me.

My biggest accomplishment for the weekend was a standing start with out losing a spot. :D

Glad I didn't fix my damage from TWS since I got hit in the same exact spot.

Here is R2 and R3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TyJM-ILug4&list=UUH8Zle8GXesGxAN1WggiU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRXEyd9K2_o&list=UUH8Zle8GXesGxAN1WggiUhg

Must be really aggravating to see a double yellow then get passed by two cars then two corners later there is no double yellow and you lost your position.

Fbody383
06-24-2014, 08:18 PM
Was actually a little surprised at this.

I threw my cycling computer in the car one race to see what heart rate looked like. For comparison I walk around probably in the low 70s. 155bpm is close to 20-22mph on the road bike.

I'm guessing the spike is an off, I'll have to see if Scott remembers which race we did.

It's funny, but I never would have guessed it got that high during a race.

rleng1
06-25-2014, 06:39 AM
is the spike where the Red Mist kicks in?

Rob Liebbe
06-25-2014, 08:05 AM
Now I can justify racing as cardiac exercise!!!!!

Fbody383
06-25-2014, 08:21 AM
is the spike where the Red Mist kicks in? At this point I think it was a bobble that let Mosty by for 2nd in R2. Come on now, OE... I don't drive angry.

Well, unless I get unreasonably held up, giving the guy behind me time to close from 5 lengths to NO lengths, for half a lap then parked in T1 by a particular out of class car that just saw the top 3 go by in R4. Probably a good thing I don't have the video after all.

At least I didn't have to worry about that wide 'ole 77 being in the way; I had enough trouble with the kid in the 45.

Now I can justify racing as cardiac exercise!!!!! I didn't think to wear it Saturday night to see if that would qualify too.

GlennCMC70
06-25-2014, 03:14 PM
Congrats to all who survived Hallett (the racing or the evening activities). Even more Congrats to the Summer Shootout Champs for 2014. I was told there was a record car count for NASA TX. That also deserves another pat on the back.
I sure hated missing another Hallett event (this one makes 4). Right now I'm a slave to my kids and the softball they enjoy. Summer is the hardest because All Star ball is tournaments every weekend. I've only got 10 more years of it if all goes as planned!

Please keep posting the vids and lets hear about some of those evening "adventures".

BlueFirePony
06-25-2014, 03:23 PM
Was actually a little surprised at this.

I threw my cycling computer in the car one race to see what heart rate looked like. For comparison I walk around probably in the low 70s. 155bpm is close to 20-22mph on the road bike.

I'm guessing the spike is an off, I'll have to see if Scott remembers which race we did.

It's funny, but I never would have guessed it got that high during a race.

It's a physiological response to heavy mental exertion similar to what researchers have found with hockey goaltenders. While forwards and defense peaked around 150 during shifts, their heart rate dropped dramatically when on the bench, while goaltenders heart rates stayed consistently high (120ish) when the puck was in the offensive end and increasing to 150ish when the puck was active in the defensive end.
LSU researchers (and others) have confirmed the impact of mental activity on heart rate (and other physiological responses).

Your competition should feel at ease knowing your head was in the game (race) ;)

rleng1
06-25-2014, 03:53 PM
Probably won't be showing this to my cardiologist.

BlueFirePony
06-25-2014, 09:28 PM
Probably won't be showing this to my cardiologist.
Mine chuckled when I told him I was giving up hockey for racing....:/

Fbody383
06-26-2014, 11:02 PM
Probably won't be showing this to my cardiologist. I showed it to mine yesterday. Got an echocardiogram for my troubles.

kbrewmr2
06-27-2014, 02:58 PM
not AI/SI/CMC but getting hooked headed into T1 is bad, mmmkay:
http://vimeo.com/99367407

Dulaney
06-27-2014, 10:06 PM
I'm not convinced that the blame is 100% on the red car. Seems like he moved to the right a bit too.
Too bad. Can't imagine wrecking a newly purchased car.

GlennCMC70
06-27-2014, 11:39 PM
Per the CCR, if the red car does not have rights to position - tire at the door - he must yield to the lead car. It is just that simple. The red car must also make some attempt to avoid. I didnt see that either. No tire in the grass, no brakes.

kbrewmr2
06-28-2014, 12:39 PM
95+% red car fault... pretty cut and dry.

GlennCMC70
06-29-2014, 11:00 AM
I see it 100% red cars fault. The lead car can move over and get the preferred line since the red car does not have rights to position.
The lead car was considering a pass and decided it wasn't going to work and we getting behind that car and back on the line. The red car should have yielded since he had no rights to stay there and defend that position.

GlennCMC70
06-29-2014, 11:03 AM
One thing I have learned over the years, just because the rulebook allows you to do something, doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

But that doesn't mean the lead car assumes any fault in the contact. Just the resulting price that was paid.

kbrewmr2
06-30-2014, 08:14 AM
I said the figure I did because there's always *something* you could've done to avoid getting hit. Maybe something completely unrealistic, but something. 95 minuswhale be 100.

AllZWay
06-30-2014, 08:53 AM
Definitely the red cars fault... It didn't look intentional, just trying to move back in place behind the black car...but misjudged and tapped the rear bumper enough to spin the car out.

Terrible feeling I would imagine from both parties involved.

mtpockets
06-30-2014, 09:01 AM
Not a lot to say except what a fun weekend. Check the tire pressures, put fuel in, check the oil and race. I had great starts on all 4 races, gave up position making some driving errors in 1, 2 & 3. That battle with Casey in race 4 has been talked about many times in the last week. If I haven't mentioned it before I've had a great time learning and driving with this group. I have some tweaking to do before NOLA in Sept. Thanks to everyone for a memorable weekend.

Dulaney
06-30-2014, 09:07 AM
Not a lot to say except what a fun weekend. Check the tire pressures, put fuel in, check the oil and race. I had great starts on all 4 races, gave up position making some driving errors in 1, 2 & 3. That battle with Casey in race 4 has been talked about many times in the last week. If I haven't mentioned it before I've had a great time learning and driving with this group. I have some tweaking to do before NOLA in Sept. Thanks to everyone for a memorable weekend.
I gather from context that this is Bill Swendsen....

mtpockets
06-30-2014, 10:57 AM
You gather correctly. mtpockets, that's me. Find that 8.8 you were looking for? Coming to NOLA in Sept? Long haul for the N/Tx guys.

marshall_mosty
06-30-2014, 12:24 PM
You gather correctly. mtpockets, that's me. Find that 8.8 you were looking for? Coming to NOLA in Sept? Long haul for the N/Tx guys.

I'm planning on being at NOLA.. Need to shake out the new de-coupled 3-link that will be going in the car as soon as I can get to the shop and start cutting things apart...

Dulaney
06-30-2014, 08:49 PM
I did find an 8.8, thanks.

I don't think I'm going to NOLA this year. I've had terrible luck the last two years, and that's a long haul. I'd rather put that gas and parts budget elsewhere this time.
I won't miss TWS tho.

Casey_SS
06-30-2014, 10:08 PM
I will also have to skip NOLA this year. I think I'm more upset about missing the late night AI/CMC go-cart races than I am the real races though...those were so much fun the last couple years.

Trublu
07-01-2014, 08:07 AM
Don't you have a karting victory to uphold Casey?

ShadowBolt
07-01-2014, 08:18 AM
I'm going to skip NOLA also. Ah...nothing like New Orleans in Sept.

JJ

David Love AI27
07-01-2014, 11:13 AM
It's a physiological response to heavy mental exertion similar to what researchers have found with hockey goaltenders. While forwards and defense peaked around 150 during shifts, their heart rate dropped dramatically when on the bench, while goaltenders heart rates stayed consistently high (120ish) when the puck was in the offensive end and increasing to 150ish when the puck was active in the defensive end.
LSU researchers (and others) have confirmed the impact of mental activity on heart rate (and other physiological responses).

Your competition should feel at ease knowing your head was in the game (race) ;)

His head was where??? Good to know Dave found another place for his head... just sayin'... (you know you missed me.. admit it, you did)

Fbody383
07-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Good to know Dave found another place for his head... just sayin'... He shoots, he... needs to get a CMC car and come out and play.

But yeah, I think it would be fun having you and the boy back out.

rleng1
07-08-2014, 06:41 AM
where are all the vids from Hallett? you guys talk a lot, but where is the action?

Fbody383
07-08-2014, 09:13 AM
where are all the vids from Hallett? you guys talk a lot, but where is the action?

http://vimeo.com/98996021

marshall_mosty
07-08-2014, 10:13 AM
I left my camera in the car. I'm going to recover it this weekend and get all mine posted by the end of the weekend.

Rob Liebbe
07-08-2014, 11:33 AM
So in careful review of the Orange is Fast video, I don't see that Hallet has Leinart-proofed the café yet. ;)

Maybe they heard that hey totaled his car and weren't worried. Did they know he snuck in with a different car?

BryanL
07-08-2014, 01:18 PM
So in careful review of the Orange is Fast video, I don't see that Hallet has Leinart-proofed the café yet. ;)

Maybe they heard that hey totaled his car and weren't worried. Did they know he snuck in with a different car?

You are correct. Good story from when I pulled into the track and honked at Jerry talking to the CO guys. They asked who it was-Jerry tells them the guy that almost hit the cafe and tire wall last year. They go-black Camaro right? JJ-No, he totaled that car in March-now he has a white one. Guess we better stay away from the white camaro then.

BryanL
07-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Does anyone have any video of my car #24 on the track? Possibly from someone filming up in the stands? It was brought to my attention by MFW and Jerry that my car looked like it was bouncing all over the place like my shocks weren't working well. I would like to try and find some video that might verify what was going on.

ShadowBolt
07-08-2014, 01:33 PM
Going into the Bitch it was bouncing all over. I have to give credit where credit is due and MFW is the one that pointed it out. I hope someone has video so you can see it for yourself.

JJ

Fbody383
07-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Going into the Bitch it was bouncing all over. I have to give credit where credit is due and MFW is the one that pointed it out. I hope someone has video so you can see it for yourself. I hope nobody has any, you stop talking to MFW, and not get any faster. I need "friends" in the midpack.

rleng1
07-08-2014, 02:51 PM
You are correct. Good story from when I pulled into the track and honked at Jerry talking to the CO guys. They asked who it was-Jerry tells them the guy that almost hit the cafe and tire wall last year. They go-black Camaro right? JJ-No, he totaled that car in March-now he has a white one. Guess we better stay away from the white camaro then.

Now that is funny right there.
So when I introduce myself to the RM crowd, I'll tell I used to run with 24 from Texas.

rleng1
07-08-2014, 02:57 PM
http://vimeo.com/98996021

Now that is some good shootin' right there. Thanks. I'll go back to watching soccer and cricket.

ShadowBolt
07-08-2014, 06:59 PM
Now that is funny right there.
So when I introduce myself to the RM crowd, I'll tell I used to run with 24 from Texas.

No Randy, tell them you used to run from the 24 from Texas.

Randy you will also get a kick out of Dan getting Connie to give BL Hell about his missing a finger. Of course BL assumed I did it while Dan lauded his ass off.

JJ

RichardP
07-08-2014, 07:33 PM
What happened to the flag?

Richard P

marshall_mosty
07-08-2014, 09:11 PM
Will ended up talking to Connie and going up to get it down and give back to Jerry.

AI#97
07-08-2014, 11:29 PM
Will ended up talking to Connie and going up to get it down and give back to Jerry.

Shit, you guys should have said something sooner. I stayed around till Wednesday for some private coaching and could have brought it back....

Bryan, yes, your front end looked like a hooker on harry hines working for a quick $20......well, maybe an 84 Fleetwood Cadillac on 22's going South on I-75 south of Downtown Dallas before Loop 12.

or, figure out your own inference!

If you have the AST's, contact Stuart Maxcy through Terry Fair at Vorshlag. Stuart has worked some magic on my Motons and Misty's Penske's with some great re-valving solutions. Stuart is a great guy and is just north of you in McKinney. Did a lot of AST/Moton work for Continental Challenge teams. Great rates too! Tell him I sent you so I can get another MaxcySpeed hat and shirt por favor!