PDA

View Full Version : SPEARS - Southwest Tour September 27-28th - AI/CMC/ARRS Only!!!!

nasa-rm
07-24-2014, 04:17 PM
I know it's just one week after TWS, but here's an opportunity.

NASA will again be hosting and sanctioning the SPEARS Southwest Tour ( http://www.srlsouthwesttour.com/series-info/about/ ) at Pikes Peak International Raceway on Sept 27-29. Last year we have just about 8500 spectators and NASA drivers were able to strut their stuff in front of the large crowd.

This year we are limiting it to just one race group and the crowd favorite is of course our Thunder Group. So AI/SI/CMC and ARRS cars will be the main support race for the big show.

We should have a good turnout again, but would like to invite our southern cousins up to CO to take part. Entry fee is still TBD, but should be in the $200-$300 range. Just one main race on Sunday, but we will have plenty of track time for practice/qual/etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvC-glGuwlM

Commercial for last year... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXvSXpCObuo

GlennCMC70
07-24-2014, 04:44 PM
Got this email from Brad today:

You guys need to haul it up to this weekend Sept 27-28. Let all your Texas guys know. This is a place to show off what CMC is all about. Racing in front of a big crowd. Last year there were 5,000+ in the stands, nothing cooler than running down the front straight and seeing the stands with tons of people! They're expecting a bigger crowd this year. Most of the RM guys will be here, it's an all V8 weekend.

He's been wanting us to come up and run this with them all year. I can't as I'll be in Cali up to that Friday prior.

Suck fumes
07-24-2014, 05:35 PM
If my little minnie me wasn't close to his due date then I would have possibly gone. Long haul for one race though.

rleng1
07-25-2014, 03:11 PM
Ole English will be there. Just another reason to show up.

Trublu
07-25-2014, 06:39 PM
Ole English will be there. Just another reason to show up.

Fairly fine excuse for a 900 mile road trip. Just might take you up

rleng1
07-26-2014, 01:21 PM
Will be there. The weekend before we are at pueblo Motorsports park. B2B racing weekends.

BlueFirePony
07-26-2014, 02:48 PM
Gonna make an effort for this...we were shooting to have the car back in Texas for ECR at end of October but this sounds too cool to miss.

Edit: Put Bob and Kyri on notice that we ARE going to make this so they need to put the car back together on an expedited timetable :)

mach1
07-28-2014, 02:07 PM
Running the oval or road course? Regular CMC/AI/SI rules?

BlueFirePony
07-28-2014, 03:56 PM
Running the oval or road course? Regular CMC/AI/SI rules?
If Dave has his way it'll be some sort of Chinese fire-drill every lap while he plays the Benny Hill theme from the loudspeakers, and on the last lap he'll erect (heh heh...he said 'erect') a large façade wall at the finish line to test the metal of the front runners and create self made confetti for the "winner" who will find out he's penalized 1 lap for breaking the damn wall.

rleng1
07-29-2014, 02:23 PM
CMC/AI/SI/ARRS runs the road course. SRL runs the 1mile oval.

nasa-rm
07-31-2014, 10:22 AM
Actually we will run both. Each lap alternates onto the road course. The timing loop will be setup on the road course interior loop so that if anyone skips that for a lap they will be automatically penalized.

rleng1
07-31-2014, 01:52 PM
I assume ccw. Now that will be cool. Maybe my Indy car experience will come in handy.

mach1
08-03-2014, 12:07 AM
Actually we will run both. Each lap alternates onto the road course. The timing loop will be setup on the road course interior loop so that if anyone skips that for a lap they will be automatically penalized.

Wow, that sounds badass, wish I could make the trip!

rleng1
08-03-2014, 08:41 AM
Looks like they identified 14 CMC cars that will be there. Will be a lot of fun for sure.

Supercharged111
08-05-2014, 05:51 PM

Any way we could squeeze a figure 8 in there every 3rd lap? That'd be a real crowd pleaser.

BlueFirePony
08-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Any way we could squeeze a figure 8 in there every 3rd lap? That'd be a real crowd pleaser.
I think my car just groaned.

Supercharged111
08-07-2014, 12:01 AM
I think my car just groaned.

No balls!

BlueFirePony
08-07-2014, 11:54 PM
No balls!
My car groaned because it knew I'd be all for it. We're past being concerned about wrecking...been there....done that...yada yada

Supercharged111
08-09-2014, 05:27 PM
My car groaned because it knew I'd be all for it. We're past being concerned about wrecking...been there....done that...yada yada

Nice! Shouldn't be a hard sell to Dave.

Storm Trooper
08-14-2014, 09:11 PM
Maybe we could run this for the Texas region track? When we loose TWS ( sounds like more fun then NOLA )