PDA

View Full Version : NOLA: anyone have info on the format of the weekend?

MikeS
08-31-2014, 01:09 PM
Understand that some other regions run two races a weekend, not four.

How many races at NOLA? Schedule is not yet posted that I've seen. Not sure I want to trek all the way to NOLA for two races if that's the case.

Storm Trooper
08-31-2014, 02:52 PM
Last two years it's been the four race format.

michaelmosty
08-31-2014, 08:27 PM
I hope for 4 races as well. I'm already signed up but 2 races will not be worth the tow.

Storm Trooper
08-31-2014, 08:46 PM
If only two races I would rather go to CO.

GlennCMC70
08-31-2014, 11:14 PM
I am loaded and ready. Need 4 races to get me to move the rig.

AI#97
09-01-2014, 11:42 AM
I had an hour long conversation with will a few months ago. His job is to move Texas to two race weekends and build the HPDE program . blitz is already losing races and is down to 3 unless we really bitch. Be prepared to start fighting for your 4 race format....

Pranav
09-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Nothing against Will, but I didn't drop big $$$ to build a road race car only to race 2 times per weekend 7 times a year. Unlike DE and TT guys, we're required to tow our shit to get to the track; too much time/$$$ for only 2 races. I'm not getting that much more race time per weekend than the autocross guys...

Do we need to start a petition or start writing in letters?

Fbody383
09-01-2014, 05:14 PM
I had an hour long conversation with will a few months ago. His job is to move Texas to two race weekends and build the HPDE program . blitz is already losing races and is down to 3 unless we really bitch. Be prepared to start fighting for your 4 race format.... Sounds like NASA needs HPDE only weekends then which would also open up some different places to run.

Whoever makes NOLA have a sit-down and get some info.

marshall_mosty
09-01-2014, 05:27 PM
I will be there and will discuss with Will. I don't want to start spreading mis-information, as the intraweb is a nasty place for gospel that ends up not being correct, but sways decisions of the group to attend or not...

ShadowBolt
09-01-2014, 07:32 PM
This, if true, is really bad info for me. I have been thinking of building/purchasing a new CMC car. If we lose even one race per weekend I have to find a new hobby.
I was not going to make the trip to NOLA but have been rethinking the past few days. I guess I better wait to see what the format is going to be. So does NASA want to be a race series or The Drivers Edge?

JJ

MikeS
09-01-2014, 11:20 PM
Appreciate the info. Probably going to sit NOLA out due to timing being so close to end of quarter.

For the record I'm not at all interested in two-race weekends.

mach1
09-02-2014, 04:46 AM
Two 45m races maybe??
Was nasatx in the red before Will came, was it his job to get it in the green? Late reg fees, more hpde, etc...

AI#97
09-02-2014, 05:28 AM
I will be there and will discuss with Will. I don't want to start spreading mis-information, as the intraweb is a nasty place for gospel that ends up not being correct, but sways decisions of the group to attend or not...
Marshal, why would I make that up? Put away the kool-aid. Me and a few other racers in blitz have hours invested in this bullshit trying to keep four race weekends. Go to our facebook page and read up.....

marshall_mosty
09-02-2014, 06:06 AM
Matt,
I never said I didn't believe you. I just want to verify facts about the NASA business model that Will has been given to execute. Once I have that in hand, the impacts (if any) to our group will be able to be determined.

Fbody383
09-02-2014, 07:57 AM
Two 45m races maybe?? If the group ran nose to tail for 45 minutes, this might be interesting/fun. Since we usually don't, having more pure sprint races, including the inverts, it what got and keeps me interested.

If we can all instruct that huge HPDE group and race for free... maybe those two races start to make sense.

Waiting patiently and looking forward to TWS since I'm not going to NOLA.

AllZWay
09-02-2014, 08:36 AM
If NASA-TX moves to 2 races per weekend.. You can officially call me retired. I am on the fence about racing in general with all the costs and rising cost every year now. I certainly will not tow and spend the money for two less races per weekend.

mach1
09-02-2014, 08:44 AM
If we can all instruct that huge HPDE group and race for free... maybe those two races start to make sense.
I'm pretty sure you can do this now if the schedule allows.

AI#97
09-02-2014, 11:03 AM
I'm pretty sure you can do this now if the schedule allows.
For only half off entry fee. Doesn't attract instructors

mach1
09-02-2014, 12:02 PM
For only half off entry fee. Doesn't attract instructors

Ah, I thought it was 100%
It's all about the Benjamins baby

Fbody383
09-02-2014, 12:47 PM
You can officially call me retired. So.... you, uh.... won't be needing that freshly painted car then...

AI#97
09-02-2014, 12:57 PM
Ah, I thought it was 100%
It's all about the Benjamins baby
Yeah, a lot of Benjamin's. I got to watch my race group go out once from my students car .....a race group which I was on ST2 pole and would easily won TWO Hoosiers....about $650 worth. Racers can't be instructors if they can get screwed.

mach1
09-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Yeah, a lot of Benjamin's. I got to watch my race group go out once from my students car .....a race group which I was on ST2 pole and would easily won TWO Hoosiers....about $650 worth. Racers can't be instructors if they can get screwed.

Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that

AllZWay
09-02-2014, 03:16 PM
So.... you, uh.... won't be needing that freshly painted car then...

I have seriously considered offering it up for sale. Also has new engine that has only one weekend on it. I have created the ad....just keep back and forth on whether or not it is worth selling or just keeping.

Fbody383
09-02-2014, 03:22 PM
just keepfixed it for ya...

ShadowBolt
09-02-2014, 04:16 PM
deleted.

AI#97
09-02-2014, 05:01 PM
Those of you considering closing shop need to make sure Will hears and understands your position. I THINK its fixable if we head it off at the pass....and no disrespect to Marshall or Glenn, but don't assume your directors are voicing your complete position. Email or call will directly. I did and had a long conversation with him and tried to explain to him some Texas history and discuss how most cars are prepared here. Most don't have fuel cells and the higher powered cars can't make 40-45 minutes. A lot of cars may need reconfigured. Its also hot here....enough said. NOT every region only has 2 races. Tx is NOT the only one running 4. We are not the only rogues. Voice your concerns because if its just a handful of us complaining, he isn't going to take it seriously.

If you remember when Dave came to town, he wanted the format changes as well. In time he came around. This is the same thing part deux.

Rob Liebbe
09-03-2014, 08:09 AM
I have seriously considered offering it up for sale. Also has new engine that has only one weekend on it. I have created the ad....just keep back and forth on whether or not it is worth selling or just keeping.

Evidently, competitive CMC cars are worth $35K.

Suck fumes
09-03-2014, 08:44 AM
Lol!

marshall_mosty
09-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Those of you considering closing shop need to make sure Will hears and understands your position. I THINK its fixable if we head it off at the pass....and no disrespect to Marshall or Glenn, but don't assume your directors are voicing your complete position. Email or call will directly. I did and had a long conversation with him and tried to explain to him some Texas history and discuss how most cars are prepared here. Most don't have fuel cells and the higher powered cars can't make 40-45 minutes. A lot of cars may need reconfigured. Its also hot here....enough said. NOT every region only has 2 races. Tx is NOT the only one running 4. We are not the only rogues. Voice your concerns because if its just a handful of us complaining, he isn't going to take it seriously.

If you remember when Dave came to town, he wanted the format changes as well. In time he came around. This is the same thing part deux.

Matt,
No worries. I will go and fight for the group, but there is nothing keeping individuals to start beating drums and sending letters... We all need to voice our opinion.

Fbody383
09-03-2014, 10:32 AM
deleted. I have more drafted, unsent, deleted emails than I can keep track of.

I hate to agree with Matt, just on the principle. Yes, we all need to let Will know that while fewer races may not run everybody off, it will certainly impact the interest and number of events people attend.

nasa-rm
09-06-2014, 09:24 AM
NOT every region only has 2 races. Tx is NOT the only one running 4. We are not the only rogues. Voice your concerns because if its just a handful of us complaining, he isn't going to take it seriously.

Dave can still hear you. He's on hiatus, not dead. LOL.

Rocky Mountain still mostly often has 4 races. Sometimes 3, just depends. Remember, he came from old skool CA where 4 races a weekend was standard practice.

Rob Liebbe
09-06-2014, 07:11 PM
I wonder if the vintage racing guys would let us join their ranks?

marshall_mosty
09-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Format is 4 20 minute races.

AllZWay
09-08-2014, 01:08 PM
I wonder if the vintage racing guys would let us join their ranks?

I was actually wondering when our cars would be eligible for vintage racing. :D

mach1
09-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Anyone going down on Thursday? My Thursday night sleeping arrangement got pooched I am looking for a floor to sleep on, anyone have some floor space?

GlennCMC70
09-08-2014, 02:01 PM
I am signed up. Will be there Friday.
What is the parking arrangements like?

RichardP
09-08-2014, 02:08 PM
What is the parking arrangements like?

Electrical hookups against the fence if you pay money. Otherwise, huge slab of open concrete...

Richard P.

mach1
09-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Can I pitch a tent somewhere?

AI#97
09-08-2014, 04:34 PM
Can I pitch a tent somewhere?

being from DFWM.....you should know better than to ask that question like that! ;)

mach1
09-08-2014, 05:12 PM
being from DFWM.....you should know better than to ask that question like that! ;)

LOL, just trying to figure out my Thursday night :)