PDA

View Full Version : 5.0 Ford With Canton Pan

Rob Liebbe
12-05-2014, 10:05 AM
In building my new car, I have a question. With a 5.0 on a stock crossmember with solid motor mounts and a Conton road race oil pan, can you remove the steering rack like you can with a stock oil pan? Need a quick answer if possible.

Thanks

Trublu
12-05-2014, 10:06 AM
In building my new car, I have a question. With a 5.0 on a stock crossmember with solid motor mounts and a Conton road race oil pan, can you remove the steering rack like you can with a stock oil pan? Need a quick answer if possible.

Thanks
Yes

Rob Liebbe
12-05-2014, 10:07 AM
Speedy on the track and the forum. Thanks Craig.

mach1
12-05-2014, 10:38 AM
The front of the pan is the same a OE, they take an OE pan, cut the rear sump off, and weld the new hotness on it.

Rob Liebbe
12-05-2014, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I saw that after I sent the post, stupid brain.

Rob Liebbe
12-05-2014, 04:55 PM
After installing the engine I noticed that the rear part of the pan prevents the long rack mount bolts from being pulled out from the back of the crossmember. It just makes it harder to get the rack out as it will have to slide further forward to clear the bolts.

marshall_mosty
12-06-2014, 02:11 PM
After installing the engine I noticed that the rear part of the pan prevents the long rack mount bolts from being pulled out from the back of the crossmember. It just makes it harder to get the rack out as it will have to slide further forward to clear the bolts.

Rob,
I always install my rack bolts from the front with the nuts on the rear.

Rob Liebbe
12-06-2014, 09:22 PM
I wish I would have done that. I will lift the engine and reverse the bolts when I replace the rack. Thanks for the info.