PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Iron Rules

RichardP
12-09-2014, 12:23 PM
The 2015 American Iron, American Iron Extreme, and Spec Iron rules have been posted: https://www.nasaproracing.com/rules

I'm not sure what the intent of the new rules are, but under a reasonable interpretation, both Marshall's and my car are now illegal. Even in AIX...

Hopefully that wasn't the intent and the wording can be tweaked. Or not. I don't really care anymore...

Richard P.

Fbody383
12-09-2014, 12:42 PM
but under a reasonable interpretation, both Marshall's and my car are now illegal. Even in AIX...Liquid cooled brakes?

Nice tease... but what's the issue?

RichardP
12-09-2014, 01:23 PM
but what's the issue?

It has to do with the specific wording of the allowance of third links inside the car. The intent wasn't to exclude what we are doing so hopefully it will get fixed.

Richard P.

MikeP99Z
12-09-2014, 06:38 PM
Not sure how you are reading the revision. The intent wasn't to limit the third link wording (or what's been done to date), but to allow for the provision of modifying the floor pan for torque arm clearance - since torque arms weren't called out and don't pass through the floor.

RichardP
12-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Not sure how you are reading the revision. The intent wasn't to limit the third link wording (or what's been done to date), but to allow for the provision of modifying the floor pan for torque arm clearance - since torque arms weren't called out and don't pass through the floor.

I get the intent but the specific words make both of our cars illegal. It's being worked...

Richard P.

AI#97
12-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Haven't read the full revision but this is good news as I had made a good sized floor pan mod to Misty's car. If we were to ever sell it as an AI car, it would be legal again! Yay.

marshall_mosty
12-09-2014, 08:10 PM
In my case, the current wording specifies that only one upper third link is allowed. Richard's issue is it says "three link OR torque arm". He has both.