PDA

View Full Version : NASA TX 2014 Banquet Announced!

GlennCMC70
01-22-2015, 09:53 PM
Info sent out via email. I will post details later tonight.
Non race weekend. Austin area. Simi formal.

Suck fumes
01-22-2015, 11:24 PM
$60/person seems kinda high for a banquet. Most I ever had to pay in the past was $20.

GlennCMC70
01-22-2015, 11:25 PM
Here is what I got in the email:

Hello NASA Texas!

We're going to have a beautiful banquet just a mile from downtown Austin and we would love to see you there! Dinner, drinks (full bar), and awards for the 2014 Season Championship. We'll also have some special awards for certain drivers and officials.

Here is the info for our upcoming awards banquet:

When: Saturday February 28th 2015
Where: Charles Johnson House - Austin Texas - 404 Atlanta Drive, Austin TX, 78703
Time: Drinks (cash bar) and Photo Booth from 7PM-8PM. Dinner at 8 and awards to follow.
Attire: Semi-formal
Cost: $60/person - No refunds after February 10th.

We're limited to 150 people so get signed up soon! Advanced purchase only. Registration for this will close on February 18 for catering cutoff.

Register HERE.

Racing Award recipients can be seen HERE.

Time Trial Award recipients can be seen HERE.

Dinner:
Dinner will be buffet style, so no need to order ahead.
Appetizer
Fresh Rolls & Butter
Sterling House Salad
Spinach, Boston, Romaine Lettuces with Toasted Pecans, Sweet Red Bell Peppers, Cherry Tomatoes, Red Onions, Feta Cheese & Two Dressing Selections

Entrées
Beef Forestiere
Caramelized Onions, Bacon, Mushrooms with Red Wine Demi Glace
Sterling Style Chicken Breast
Caramelized Onions, Apple Smoked Bacon, Porcini Mushrooms, Provolone Cheese with a Champagne Cream Sauce
Vegetable
Chef’s Seasonal Vegetables
Starch
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Dessert
Choice of 3 different options

Questions
Call or email Will Faules at 737-932-7004 or will@drivenasa.com

I think this is the best option for us and our Banquet. Will says the Cali guys do it like this every year. I have been asking for this for many years.
Thoughts?
I'm in w/ the wife. Likely will get a room for the night in Austin.

GlennCMC70
01-22-2015, 11:27 PM
Cost is high. In the past we used Series dues to cover the majority of the costs and passed on the remainder as a per attendee fee. Normally $20 or so. This time it will be a more formal setting, w/ a more formal dinner, so on and so on.
I'll risk the $60 per person to see how this works out.

Pranav
01-23-2015, 01:33 AM
I'm out, snowboarding in Colorado that weekend.

MikeP99Z
01-23-2015, 08:22 AM
Wife and I are in.

Rob Liebbe
01-23-2015, 12:41 PM
This is all of NASA Texas, not just our group?

AllZWay
01-23-2015, 12:49 PM
I like the idea that NASA is having a nicer banquet. Our AI/CMC banquet has always been better than the NASA one.

mach1
01-23-2015, 01:15 PM
So it sounds like we will just be "merging" ours with the NASA one, just a single event.

BryanL
01-23-2015, 02:54 PM
I'm out. I don't know what Beef Forestiere is. Is that code for Corned Beef?

I do think it's a good idea to have a get together like that and fine with merging it into all of NASA. Should be fun and I'll be glad to get rid of the Golden Helmet-had it at Houston and felt like I saw a few candidates. At least I think I could make out Tilton trying to go backside on diamonds edge to cut through for the front stretch and Pranav hanging a left at launch while seeming to do his best to always break down on the first lap or two of practice.

Oh yeah-and Procter-if you don't bring the 28 to the Last Stand at TWS were going to come blow up you and all three of your Triumph's. (I guess the fumes have finally gone to your head) I bet your Mom is about ready to disown you. Tell her Leinart is almost ready to keep up with the mustangs in the corners but of course will be pulled down the straights so maybe she will want to adopt me as a son since she loves racers! Tell your parents we miss them and they can come out as I'm sure it isn't much fun watching you push Triumph's around the shop.

BlueFirePony
01-23-2015, 03:33 PM
It's beef tenderloin with mushrooms. I'm actually making Pork Paupiettes Ã* la forestière tonight. Though I am the only one that likes the mushrooms so more for me :)

she will want to adopt me as a son since she loves racers!
Get in line behind me...I called dibs a long time ago

With Cresson coming up, anybody wanna do a good ol' fashioned AI/CMC cook? If the Dr. and Ol' English are going to make the trip it would be a hoot! And DF is getting to be quite a cook to I hear!

So as to not interfere with anything Will has planned we could do it Friday night if enough guys come up early...or we could get the smokers and pots going for Sunday lunch?

When: Saturday February 28th 2015
I'm out - My anniversary - interestingly enough we might be spending it in Austin visiting friends.

michaelmosty
01-23-2015, 04:30 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a NASA TX thing and will not take place of the AI/CMC banquet, correct?
A beef tenderloin and cash bar sound nice but I prefer an open fire and a cooler of beer.

Trublu
01-23-2015, 05:12 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a NASA TX thing and will not take place of the AI/CMC banquet, correct?
A beef tenderloin and cash bar sound nice but I prefer an open fire and a cooler of beer.

We really do need a "like" button

Fbody383
01-23-2015, 05:32 PM
I couldn't find one with a small cooking fire.

AI#97
01-23-2015, 06:54 PM

I do think it's a good idea to have a get together like that and fine with merging it into all of NASA. Should be fun and I'll be glad to get rid of the Golden Helmet-had it at Houston and felt like I saw a few candidates. At least I think I could make out Tilton trying to go backside on diamonds edge to cut through for the front stretch and Pranav hanging a left at launch while seeming to do his best to always break down on the first lap or two of practice.

Oh yeah-and Procter-if you don't bring the 28 to the Last Stand at TWS were going to come blow up you and all three of your Triumph's. (I guess the fumes have finally gone to your head) I bet your Mom is about ready to disown you. Tell her Leinart is almost ready to keep up with the mustangs in the corners but of course will be pulled down the straights so maybe she will want to adopt me as a son since she loves racers! Tell your parents we miss them and they can come out as I'm sure it isn't much fun watching you push Triumph's around the shop.

I was just informed by the golden helmet award maker that there are TWO golden helmets floating around because Dawdy and Covini tied the first year.

Storm Trooper
01-23-2015, 07:30 PM
:D
We really do need a "like" button

mtpockets
01-24-2015, 02:28 PM
Unfortunately I'm out also that weekend. A Sweet 16 party is calling me.

GlennCMC70
01-24-2015, 05:00 PM
I am really surprised by you guys.
Here is a chance to have a more formal environment to celebrate our season as racers and friends, to show other series why having comradery is important and how its done. We have always been a great example of pitting and partying together. Its a non-race weekend, which we love.

So is the problem the formality, the cost, with other race groups, or NASA?
Clue me in here.

Fbody383
01-25-2015, 04:11 PM
My $0.02

It will kill at least an entire day, if not half of the next if I stay over
I don't even get a hotel room for a race
I'd rather spend $100 and do an AI/SI/CMC only deal
I don't do this for awards - but some tire money is nice

Here is a chance to have a more formal environment to celebrate our season as racers and friends, to show other series why having comradery is important and how its done.Feels a little different here. I'm really in the camp of doing the AI/SI/CMC Saturday dinners again. I don't know what happened but it's a good thing the two pieces of sausage I got at MSRH were as good as they were or I would be even more let down on the provided dinner.

I think Will's trying, and I don't think there is a cookie cutter answer.

If EVERYBODY in the group went to Austin, would we mingle or just be our own group? Let's do the Saturday dinners and rotate which other group we invite to hang out.

BryanL
01-26-2015, 12:17 PM
Time. That's the biggest reason why I won't make an overnight banquet in Austin. This would effectively burn an entire weekend for a dinner banquet so it just doesn't make the cut to be worthy. Then I need babysitters for the weekend-and would rather use my parents to watch my kids for other events. I already feel guilty for the 6 event weekends and time getting the car ready so just don't want to push it here as well. I do think it's a great deal to have and would love to make it. Selfishly I would rather do it at the track on a Friday night.

rleng1
01-26-2015, 01:17 PM

That is why we race Mustangs and Camaros. Maybe this an opportunity for Michael to break out the white cowboy suit.

Suck fumes
01-26-2015, 03:59 PM
Yah considering most people don't live in Austin it would make more sense to have it at the track.

GlennCMC70
01-26-2015, 04:25 PM
We have always had our banquets away from the track on non-race weekends with large turnouts. I don't think that is the issue here.

michaelmosty
01-26-2015, 04:58 PM
Time, preference, and cost.
Like Bryan said, 6-7 weekends a year plus countless days throughout the year to prep the car already is a big commitment.
If I am going to find a babysitter and drive 3+ hours for a Saturday night event, I'd much rather it be with the AI/CMC/SI crew. Also $120 for food plus the bar tab and a hotel makes for a pretty pricey night.

I'm not saying the event is a 100% no-go for me but it is going to be tough to swing it.

Suck fumes
01-26-2015, 07:42 PM
Maybe we should all byob and food and setup in the parking lot haha

mach1
01-26-2015, 09:03 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_rrpPxod8rEc/TPhtLs_NhxI/AAAAAAAAAxs/jYDBXiyIIP8/s1600/Rebel%2BBurn.jpg

Al Fernandez
01-27-2015, 09:00 PM
LOL
But you dont have to stay overnight right? I mean that is optional after all.

Suck fumes
01-27-2015, 11:15 PM
Yah I don't care I live 20 min from there. Just giving people ideas haha

I can't make it anyway just had surgery on both knees.

mach1
01-28-2015, 11:06 AM
Will said everyone can crash at his place.

Al Fernandez
01-28-2015, 10:22 PM
Dude! Who'd you piss off so much they broke both your knee caps?

Suck fumes
01-29-2015, 09:03 AM
Haha. Tore my meniscus on left a few months back and had a big cartilage bump taken off on the right that has been on there for 20yrs.

mach1
02-19-2015, 04:17 PM
Is Mike the only one attending this event? I am going to be out of town the weekend of the banquet.

Trublu
02-19-2015, 09:37 PM
Is Mike the only one attending this event? I am going to be out of town the weekend of the banquet.
Pip and I are escap... Going

MikeP99Z
02-20-2015, 09:31 AM
Me, Craig, Casey, Dennis, Corey, Ian with wives etc. Y'all should signup and join the fun.

MikeP99Z
02-20-2015, 06:13 PM
Although online registration for the banquet is closed, if you still would like to attend, please send Will an email.

marshall_mosty
02-20-2015, 07:51 PM
My oldest just started lacrosse and that weekend is a double header weekend with games on both Saturday and Sunday so we will be there in spirit.

JMR81
02-22-2015, 12:13 PM
Jack is swamped with CS project due the following week,so we won't be there.