PDA

View Full Version : TWS Round 3 Registration Open

Alien
01-30-2015, 10:20 PM
Like the title says. Yeah, it's a little early, but you know it's going to be a full paddock. Get your garage spot while they're still available!

michaelmosty
01-31-2015, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the heads up Gary, I just registered for Cresson and TWS.

marshall_mosty
01-31-2015, 11:35 AM
Also registered for MSRC and TWS (with garage).

ShadowBolt
01-31-2015, 07:24 PM
Even though we don't have a running car I signed up also.

JJ

MikeS
02-01-2015, 12:15 AM
Fees increased for 2015?

Edit: Looks like TWS is $309 and Cresson is $329. Wonder what the extra $20 is for.

MikeP99Z
02-01-2015, 12:31 PM
MSRC raised prices for rental this year.

Tilton
02-02-2015, 11:04 AM
Just registered for both MSRC and TWS.

Fbody383
02-02-2015, 02:19 PM
In for TWS... w/ a garage. Let's see how that all works out.

Wade
02-02-2015, 05:08 PM
In for TWS. With Garage. One last hurrah now that the baby is here!

Ian38
02-03-2015, 07:38 AM
In for MSRC and TWS.

Storm Trooper
02-03-2015, 07:00 PM
In for TWS. With Garage. One last hurrah now that the baby is here!

Awesome :)

Storm Trooper
02-03-2015, 07:02 PM
Fees increased for 2015?

Edit: Looks like TWS is $309 and Cresson is $329. Wonder what the extra $20 is for.

I'm so glad that obama said "the economy is getting better"

mach1
02-03-2015, 08:10 PM

So damn good I get to pay $110 sq/ft for my cookie cutter home *sigh*

MikeS
02-06-2015, 11:51 PM

Not to make a political post, but the US economy is doing great. 58 consecutive months of job growth, 3MM jobs added in 2014 alone, markets at or near all time highs.

Oil is a different story (for Texas; the rest of the country is thankful for the aggregate ~$600M in daily savings at the pump).

BlueFirePony
02-07-2015, 11:59 AM
Not to make a political post, but the US economy is improving relative to *some* other countries.

Fixed it for ya.
The US continues to struggle to stabilize on the losses since the world economy dropped post-2004, just after it and most of the world recovered from the 2000-2001 collapse. It's actually been a brutal 15 years in it's entirety compared to the previous 15.
Most European countries, as well as Japan, Canada, Mexico are dealing with significantly negative GDP trends while the US has only a mild downward trend.
India and China are making huge gains while the other players on the world board are licking their wounds.

Real GDP shows the USA is at just over 2.4% increase which is actually OK, but far from "great". The USA economy is stalling and, assuming everything is not all rainbows and puppies, any significant global crisis will likely push it downward hard unless there is some strong leadership.

If you factor in that it has taken over $1 TRILLION dollars of government "stimulus" spending (the other shoe has yet to drop on that one), and over $600 BILLION (adjusted, again, from the planned $400 BILLION) in spending on Obamacare to get here (how's that $1BILLION website working for ya?), I think even "OK" is overly gracious.

Anyone with business sense, given $1.6 TRILLION (and that's just headline spending), a blank check for more and the head seat at the G7, could have done better for the USA than what the Obama admin has done.
Selected countries GDP growth since 1995
USA, UK, JAPAN, INDIA, CANADA, CHINA, AUSTRALIA
http://www.aicmctexas.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1511&stc=1
USA Real GDP post-WWII
http://www.aicmctexas.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1512&stc=1

ShadowBolt
02-07-2015, 01:47 PM
Yeah the U.S. economy is doing great and unemployment is really at 5.2%. Total BS. Just wait until we have to pay for quanative easing! Ever read what happened to Germany prior to WWII?

JJ

BlueFirePony
02-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Yeah the U.S. economy is doing great and unemployment is really at 5.2%. Total BS. Just wait until we have to pay for quanative easing! Ever read what happened to Germany prior to WWII?

JJ
Geez, speaking of the "other foot". The Fed has quadrupled it's balance sheet since it started executing QE, flooding emerging markets but those markets are not in the position to help the Fed unload it's balance sheet, and China is just waiting for a bargain basement selloff.
Almost every market strategist agrees that QE has little or no effect on global markets or the US economy (was watching a popular finance market show the other day when 3/4 completely dissed QE while the forth shrugged his shoulders and voted "present") but many keep supporting it for various self-serving reasons.
Japan used QE and look at their real GDP now, in particular how far they now lag everyone else.

Greece is now a transparent example of how using the printing press will ultimately fail.

Now the Fed is going back to the interest rate lever, while Europe is looking to QE now that they have had to admit their austerity programs have failed miserably, or come up with another excuse that contradicts the transparency of Greece.

This goes way beyond US politics by the way...we are in a globally connected world where Tinkerers (and OMG are the members of the new gov't of Greece a pack of Tinkerer-wannabees) wake in the morning with their game board before them, a latte in one hand and a pair of dice in the other.

Uhmm...yeah back to TWS...doubt we will have the car there but I'll be there to salute the old track!
See you all at MSRC first :)

dtanker65
02-07-2015, 07:55 PM
Jeez! Who wants to comment on the Pope's opinion on the new Toyo RR's:) The sun is shining and we are getting ready to race again in the great state of Texas!

Life is good!

jdlingle
02-07-2015, 10:24 PM
I'll be at TWS for the send off. (HPDE only unfortunately). Looking forward to seeing you guys again.