PDA

View Full Version : MSR Cresson - March 14-15 - Time to sign up!

MikeP99Z
02-20-2015, 03:27 PM
Getting better.

CMC
Jeff Tilton
Tyler Gardner
Craig McCormick
Michael Mosty
Matt Edwards
Aaron McSpadden
Gary Robertson
Bryan Leinart
Ryan Rahjes
John Martin
Perry Herrmann
Team Jordan
Brad Densmore
Bryan Curtis
Al Fernandez
Chuck Penney
Pranav Patel
Sam Crumpacker

AI
Marshall Mosty
Mike Patterson
Ian Powell
Jack Murray
Jim Dulaney
Dave Irwin

SI
Mike Snavely
Sammy McSpadden
Dennis Tanker
Chris Haldeman

Pranav
02-20-2015, 03:59 PM
I will be a last minute sign up, motor won't come back until week before the event...

ShadowBolt
02-20-2015, 04:48 PM
Team Jordan will be there. I should have a credit for the Sunday at MSRH since we blew up first lap of R2. I assume I just need to sign up for one day? Still have a lot of work to do to get ready.

JJ

mach1
02-20-2015, 04:59 PM
What is McSpadden driving?

MikeP99Z
02-20-2015, 06:07 PM
He signed up with his SN99 car - the same car he won the 2013 CMC National Championship, and Sammy drove to 3rd in the 2014 Championship.

MikeP99Z
02-20-2015, 06:09 PM
Team Jordan will be there. I should have a credit for the Sunday at MSRH since we blew up first lap of R2. I assume I just need to sign up for one day? Still have a lot of work to do to get ready.

JJ

That's a Will or Adrian question, but i would assume a 1 day signup is required.

Suck fumes
02-20-2015, 06:35 PM
Haven't gotten my piggy bank fat enough to build the AI motor yet so I wanted to run CMC one last time. Plus the new money from Toyo is too good to pass up!

AI#97
02-21-2015, 09:39 AM
Not many signed up, might have to combine us with Blitz...

CMC
Jeff Tilton
Tyler Gardner
Craig McCormick
Michael Mosty
Matt Edwards
Aaron McSpadden
Gary Robertson
Ross Smith

AI
Marshall Mosty
Mike Patterson
Ian Powell

SI
Mike Snavely

If Blitz has 43 cars again, they may have to run GTS with thunder! ;)

MikeP99Z
02-21-2015, 11:25 AM
It would likely be SU/ST with AI/CMC/SI and GTS with Lightning. It all depends on the signups for group/car count distribution. I shouldn't have a group out there with less than 15 cars or over 43 cars.

mtpockets
02-21-2015, 04:52 PM
it's official > My POS won't be ready for Cresson either. Sonofabeach . Oh well, signed up the other POS for WRL on the 21st. Y'all have fun.

RichardP
02-21-2015, 07:08 PM
Dan won't be at Cresson...

Richard P.

ShadowBolt
02-21-2015, 07:57 PM
Dan won't be at Cresson...

Richard P.
So you will be driving his car?

JJ

GlennCMC70
02-21-2015, 10:31 PM
I am hoping to bring a car to Cresson. Gotta see if i can work it in.
Possible job change between now and then.

marshall_mosty
02-22-2015, 10:40 AM
it's official > My POS won't be ready for Cresson either. Sonofabeach . Oh well, signed up the other POS for WRL on the 21st. Y'all have fun.

Bill,
Grid the POS in AI and have fun!

JMR81
02-22-2015, 12:09 PM
Jack will be there :o

BryanL
02-22-2015, 04:10 PM
Registered. If you are going to race go ahead and register so we have our own run group.

Glenn-didn't you say several CO guys were coming down? Let's get them to sign up early.

mtpockets
02-22-2015, 07:39 PM
Not sure the Lemons/WRL/Chump POS will pass NASA tech. Maybe. Still have some more work to do on it to get ready for WRL at MSR 3/21. Looks like my next NASA AI event will be Hallett or maybe something with the NOLA group.

Densmore
02-28-2015, 07:34 PM
Getting better.

CMC
Jeff Tilton
Tyler Gardner
Craig McCormick
Michael Mosty
Matt Edwards
Aaron McSpadden
Gary Robertson
Ross Smith
Bryan Leinart
Ryan Rahjes Colorado CMC
John Martin
Perry Herrmann Colorado CMC
Team Jordan
Glenn Landrum
Brad Densmore Colorado CMC
Flyin Bryan where are you?

See ya'll in 2 weeks. Did I say that right?

Brad

Suck fumes
02-28-2015, 11:13 PM
Just need to get 4 more for the Toyo max payout

BryanL
03-02-2015, 06:09 PM
Just need to get 4 more for the Toyo max payout

Isn't Fernandez coming? If it wasn't for a few blown motors or swaps then we could hit the 19. TWS should hit 20.

ShadowBolt
03-02-2015, 06:17 PM
Getting better.

CMC
Jeff Tilton
Tyler Gardner
Craig McCormick
Michael Mosty
Matt Edwards
Aaron McSpadden
Gary Robertson
Ross Smith
Bryan Leinart
Ryan Rahjes Colorado CMC
John Martin
Perry Herrmann Colorado CMC
Team Jordan
Glenn Landrum
Brad Densmore Colorado CMC
Flyin Bryan where are you?

See ya'll in 2 weeks. Did I say that right?

Brad

Yes you did say it right. In fact so well I did not even catch it the first time I read it. Just normal way of talking in these parts.

JJ

BryanL
03-03-2015, 01:32 PM
So where are we going to try and setup the AI/CMC Paddock? Last few years they have asked people not to park on the skid pad since they grid there but there is still a ton of room up there even with grid so lots of people pit there. Are we just going to pit in the middle and try to grab as many spots as possible?
One good thing is daylight savings is this weekend-so the schedule should work out a little better. Mike P-do we have enough for our own run group?

Who else is going to try and make it? Fernandez, Pranav, Penny? English??

ShadowBolt
03-03-2015, 01:44 PM
Unless it stops raining soon every vehicle and trailer will have to park on the asphalt. There is no bottom out there. I don't remember ever having all of us having to park on the asphalt at MSRC since Dave took over and the entries went up so much. Maybe we (AI/CMC) should all park along the edges of the skid pad like we used to. Is there enough room for all of us up there with grid? Either that or we will be all scattered out like the last time.

JJ

Al Fernandez
03-04-2015, 08:19 PM
I'm in for sure.

I plan on having a front row seat to watch the battle between Flyin Bryan and Aaron. Even if that seat gets progressively farther from the action as the race goes on lol. If Glenn shows up we will have three national champs fighting it out. Clash of the Titans!!

Suck fumes
03-04-2015, 10:17 PM
I'm coming prepared this time with new tires! Last time I was on 7 cycle tires that grained.

Alien
03-05-2015, 01:10 PM
New studded tires?

Suck fumes
03-05-2015, 02:07 PM
Gotta reeeeeeaaalll good set a tires, match perfect, and they weeeelll hollllld.

marshall_mosty
03-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Gotta reeeeeeaaalll good set a tires, match perfect, and they weeeelll hollllld.
"...and I want you to pass him on the outside..."

Cody Powell
03-05-2015, 08:56 PM
Since Bryan can't post on here, he wanted me to ask if Aaron is going to pack up and leave on Saturday again, when he beats him, again? Also in regards to parking he wanted to know if there would be room for the extra trailer full of new tires he is bringing?
I will be there on Friday thru the weekend to watch my Colorado boys take all those Texas trophies and track records. :) I am up for any friendly side bets? BL, JJ, AF, what you got? Drops microphone....

Suck fumes
03-05-2015, 11:31 PM
Last time he beat me was in 2013 but I didn't pack up on Saturday and leave. I left after race 3 on Sunday cause I wanted to get home since I had a 4 hr drive and had other priorities at home that needed attention before Monday. Eagles canyon was a sucky track anyway. Msr cresson is a little more technical and more fun. Looking forward to the rematch.

MikeP99Z
03-06-2015, 09:14 AM
updated this morning.

Pranav
03-06-2015, 11:54 AM
Went ahead and threw my name in the hat.

I've got a pretty straight shot to get the car dyno and test drive ready by Wednesday, but pushing for Tuesday.

Fbody383
03-06-2015, 02:32 PM
Who else is going to try and make it? Fernandez, Pranav, Penny? English??Nah... based on the invite, i'll just skip.

ShadowBolt
03-06-2015, 03:49 PM
Since Bryan can't post on here, he wanted me to ask if Aaron is going to pack up and leave on Saturday again, when he beats him, again? Also in regards to parking he wanted to know if there would be room for the extra trailer full of new tires he is bringing?
I will be there on Friday thru the weekend to watch my Colorado boys take all those Texas trophies and track records. :) I am up for any friendly side bets? BL, JJ, AF, what you got? Drops microphone....

Why not bring a car? Or maybe rent a CMC car?

JJ

ShadowBolt
03-06-2015, 03:52 PM
Nah... based on the invite, i'll just skip.

?

MikeP99Z
03-06-2015, 04:22 PM
18 CMC at the moment...

mach1
03-06-2015, 05:01 PM
18 CMC at the moment...

Damn, I picked the right class to build a car for! RIP CMC West Coast.
I'm looking for a upset of the Titans!

Cody Powell
03-06-2015, 08:34 PM
Why not bring a car? Or maybe rent a CMC car?

JJ

I am pretty tapped from building my AI car. If someone had a rental I would consider it.

GlennCMC70
03-08-2015, 12:51 AM
Looking pretty sketchy for me at this point. Got a pinched nerve in my hip going on 4 days now. All i can do to walk from the house to the truck. No idea how i am gonna prep the car for race weekend, much less function at the track. Been in some major pain all this time.

BryanL
03-09-2015, 05:14 PM
So only Jerry and I have mentioned parking on the skidpad. Anyone think that would be a good idea to try and make that the AI/CMC paddock? Would be cool to get some guidance from Nasa about parking as it's likely going to be a snafu with the wet ground.
Also-are we doing any kind of banquet get together? Or just hope we all make it to the NASA party before the food is gone? I'm interested in helping and think we should consider doing something for the CO guys coming down.

Cody-glad you are coming and like seeing someone talking smack. But I'm not taking any bets as I don't want to win money from a Mustang. I sure wish I could talk some but the #24 isn't set up right and neither is the driver-he is going to be sweating bullets through Tombstone like Cole Trickle-make that Ricky Bobby. But I can't compete with the fast gaggle of Mustangs here in Texas. Good luck to your Camaro brethren brining a knife to a gunfight. If Glenn is on IR then the Texas F-body's won't sniff the podium.

marshall_mosty
03-09-2015, 08:01 PM
I think the skidpad makes sense. Just need to figure out how to do the land grab...

For the banquet, the idea was to eat the NASA banquet food and then retire to our area for awards/drinks/video/etc

MikeP99Z
03-10-2015, 09:35 AM
Looks like 18 CMC, 5 AI, and 3 SI.

Anyone else to be added/removed as of today?

GlennCMC70
03-10-2015, 09:42 AM
Still in limbo. Got a shot in my back this morning. Next 24hrs will tell more. Still gotta fix the wifes car too. Anyone have issue with me not having a dyno? Same plate as last year. Car is likely over restricted and under powered by alot.

Pranav
03-10-2015, 11:49 AM
I don't care. Run a smaller plate if there is any doubt.

FWIW my last two builds of the same spec made within 1-2hp of each other on the same plate and preload settings, probably will on this one too.

GlennCMC70
03-10-2015, 02:25 PM
I have a lesser cam now than when i dyno'ed last.

Alien
03-10-2015, 02:28 PM
I have a lesser cam now than when i dyno'ed last.

By lesser cam, do you mean one of those 3/4 cams I hear the old timers talk about? Guess it only has 12 lobes or something.

ShadowBolt
03-10-2015, 02:37 PM
Oh yeah Gary. When I was a kid older guys talked about having "3/4 race" or a "full race" cam in their car or more likely someone they knew had one. Never had any idea what it meant. Then there was the 30-30 Duntov but it was a real cam you could order from GM.

JJ

ShadowBolt
03-10-2015, 02:44 PM
Look it up.

BryanL
03-10-2015, 04:20 PM
I think the skidpad makes sense. Just need to figure out how to do the land grab...

For the banquet, the idea was to eat the NASA banquet food and then retire to our area for awards/drinks/video/etc
Just saw the welcome letter and they want all the toter homes and big rigs up on the skidpad. So maybe we shouldn't hit the skidpad. Will be interesting to see if people get stuck. I'm willing to bet that when I pull in there will be at least 3 big rigs parked sideways right in front of the clubhouse.

Glenn-how do you have a lesser cam? Were there cam options of the LT cars?

Alien
03-10-2015, 05:00 PM
Look it up.

Wow, I got to read that before edited. I had no idea that was the origins. Put's a bit more meaning into it now. Cool story bro

GlennCMC70
03-10-2015, 05:31 PM
The cam I have run all these years that was wiped at TWS in April was an Camaro 93 HO cam. I had a back-up cam that turned out to be no good. Machine shop picked one up from his core supplier. I asked to get the number before he installed it, but they had already done it. I don't know anything about the cam right now. It could be any spline drive LT1 cam from any of the cars that came with LT1's. From the way it ran at TWS in Oct down the front straight, I'm sure I'm way down on power. I just need to verify that before I change plates.

ShadowBolt
03-10-2015, 06:53 PM
Wow, I got to read that before edited. I had no idea that was the origins. Put's a bit more meaning into it now. Cool story bro

I took it down since it was so off topic but yeah I thought it was cool.

JJ

RichardP
03-10-2015, 08:04 PM
I'm sure I'm way down on power.

If it felt like you were down on power, it was because you weren't in a Mustang...

Richard P.

GlennCMC70
03-10-2015, 08:59 PM
No comment...........

michaelmosty
03-11-2015, 09:00 AM
No comment as well........

marshall_mosty
03-11-2015, 10:04 AM
How do we want to handle parking? Last year there was quite a few of us just north of the entry road before the first set of garages. The skidpad "could" work if some of the folks with motorhomes/large trailers could park against the edge of the concrete so we can park 5-6 cars along the long side of each motorhome/toter/trailer.

Thoughts?

ShadowBolt
03-11-2015, 10:10 AM
How do we want to handle parking? Last year there was quite a few of us just north of the entry road before the first set of garages. The skidpad "could" work if some of the folks with motorhomes/large trailers could park against the edge of the concrete so we can park 5-6 cars along the long side of each motorhome/toter/trailer.

Thoughts?

I'm thinking of parking up on the skid pad where we used to park. Just back in so the trailer is in the dirt/mud. Northwest corner. That puts us far away from the grid. We (CMC) used to park there for years then they told us we could no longer use that area. Since then there have been others in that area every year. All they did was move us out and other moved in.

JJ

Rob Liebbe
03-11-2015, 11:00 AM
If it felt like you were down on power, it was because you weren't in a Mustang...

Richard P.I think Richard may need a new avatar image. You know, to get rid of that inferior championship winning Mustang he has up there now.

RichardP
03-11-2015, 11:16 AM
I think Richard may need a new avatar image. You know, to get rid of that inferior championship winning Mustang he has up there now.

AI doesn't discriminate with power based on brand...

Richard P.

ShadowBolt
03-11-2015, 12:13 PM
AI doesn't discriminate with power based on brand...

Richard P.

Nor does it with suspension.

BryanL
03-11-2015, 01:32 PM
Nor does it with suspension.

No-it doesn't allow a huge change of track width from factory like CMC,less weight, and better transmission gearing for only one brand. Though they may be similar and make rule changes without any hard data to support the change for the sake of parity. Richard-if you are at Cresson this weekend make sure I show you some video.

Jerry-I loved the info on Winfield and the Duntov 30/30. My Dad has talked to me about that cam my whole life. He actually has a regrind of an updated 30/30 cam in a motor for his 55. I shared all the info. and he was fascinated with Winfield and how he spawned all the other cam makers that he grew up with.

I'm perplexed about the parking. I would just like us to try and be all in one spot. I'm afraid if they want the big rigs on the skidpad then we may all get split up to much with some on the pad and others near the entry road. I'll be there early it looks like and will try to snag a 100x100 spot to fit Al's rig and all the other RV's. In the past they have told everyone to stay away from the pad but at least now they want the big rigs up there instead of parked sideways in front of the clubhouse. So I don't know if I should try and snag spots on the pad or by the entry road. We'll see.

Isn't sounding like I'm going to get the alignment I want and have enough camber but for the first time in a year I'm getting optimistic that I can keep that 55 in my rearview. I think some of it is in my head and possibly due to not talking enough trash to the 55. I have had nothing for them in the white 24 but that's about to change. When I beat the 55 I don't want to hear the excuse that you have a vacuum leak at a port and can't see because of the cracked windshield. I promise to leave you flag alone but might steal your ice cream.
Bryan "I can drive (faster than) 55"

RichardP
03-11-2015, 01:48 PM
Richard-if you are at Cresson this weekend make sure I show you some video.

Happy to see some video but I won't be at Cresson this weekend...

Richard P.

mach1
03-11-2015, 02:13 PM
better transmission gearing for only one brand.
I missed that in the rules

michaelmosty
03-11-2015, 03:37 PM
When I beat the 55 I don't want to hear the excuse that you have a vacuum leak at a port and can't see because of the cracked windshield. I promise to leave you flag alone but might steal your ice cream.
Bryan "I can drive (faster than) 55"

Now that is funny!!!

ShadowBolt
03-11-2015, 04:02 PM
The windshield is already in my list of excuses. At least I can see above it.

Jerry

BryanL
03-11-2015, 05:17 PM
The windshield is already in my list of excuses. At least I can see above it.

Jerry
Hah-guess my list of excuses just got longer-in order to see I can only get about half throttle. Don't get beat by the four fingers on the wheel at partial throttle. The Claw is coming!

BryanL
03-11-2015, 08:22 PM
Now that is funny!!!

You better watch it too Keith. I'll go water the grass with your KL. It will be funny to see how much you whine for rules changes when I beat your mustang and you make excuses about messing up a heel and crab toe.

ShadowBolt
03-11-2015, 08:31 PM
You better watch it too Keith. I'll go water the grass with your KL. It will be funny to see how much you whine for rules changes when I beat your mustang and you make excuses about messing up a heel and crab toe.

Is the Bud Lite flowing?

MikeP99Z
03-12-2015, 10:28 PM
Update - back to 18 CMC, 6 AI, 4 SI. See y'all there.

GlennCMC70
03-12-2015, 11:25 PM
Take me off.

Storm Trooper
03-15-2015, 10:14 AM
For the record "watching sucks"

Supercharged111
03-15-2015, 08:48 PM
Hell, just knowing there was a race and I wasn't there sucks.

Suck fumes
03-16-2015, 12:32 PM
What was the old track record?

BryanL
03-16-2015, 01:49 PM
What was the old track record?
According to the national website Burch had it in the old CMC trim with a 1:24.201. I think that is current but all the other Texas region tracks records are not up to date. Assuming it's correct. Tyler set it in Race 1 with a 1:23.791. Then in Race 3 you and Tyler both broke it again. So you have it with a 1:23.446. Nice work Mustang Guys.

mach1
03-16-2015, 01:57 PM
I thought Glenn had it with a 23.1 or something along those lines, I ran a 23.4 on Friday during TnT and was gunning for that 23.1

BryanL
03-16-2015, 02:02 PM
I thought Glenn had it with a 23.1 or something along those lines, I ran a 23.4 on Friday during TnT and was gunning for that 23.1
They only count if in a race. Qually/Warmup doesn't count.

michaelmosty
03-16-2015, 02:44 PM
Glenn ran a 1:23.100 last year in R2. Can that be, doesn't he drive a Camaro?

(sitting by eagerly waiting for BL's reply)

Cody Powell
03-16-2015, 02:48 PM
For the record "watching sucks"

AMEN! Congrats to all you Texans that smoked my Colorado dudes. BL you should have taken the bet:)

Alien
03-16-2015, 02:50 PM
If you'd paid attention to the video Bryan, you'd see Michael is correct. :)

(tho the "Track Records" in the video are solely for each weekend in 2014 since it was really really difficult to get the official track records from the official NASA Tx guy)

Suck fumes
03-16-2015, 03:01 PM
My traqmate had me at a 1:22.7 in R1 and it had been accurate all weekend. Not sure why NASA's timing system didn't pick it up? It's a conspiracy! Glenn must have pulled some strings in timing and scoring LOL!!

mach1
03-16-2015, 03:11 PM
My traqmate had me at a 1:22.7 in R1 and it had been accurate all weekend. Not sure why NASA's timing system didn't pick it up? It's a conspiracy! Glenn must have pulled some strings in timing and scoring LOL!!

Haha, post the video with the data overlay!

BryanL
03-16-2015, 03:12 PM
Glenn ran a 1:23.100 last year in R2. Can that be, doesn't he drive a Camaro?

(sitting by eagerly waiting for BL's reply)
I don't know-I would prefer to forget R2 at Cresson last year. I thought it was also mentioned by a director that 4 cars beat the track record over the weekend but apparently I was wrong.

Unfortunately you will have wait for my real response in a future post to delve further into and clarify things discussed and items learned around a campfire. But yes-he drives a Camaro and apparently the track record still stands for a Camaro on RA 1's. Sorry Aaron.
Now how can that be that the track record could still stand on RA 1's on a Camaro? Fascinating.

BryanL
03-16-2015, 03:16 PM
If you'd paid attention to the video Bryan, you'd see Michael is correct. :)

(tho the "Track Records" in the video are solely for each weekend in 2014 since it was really really difficult to get the official track records from the official NASA Tx guy)
Like I said elsewhere I need to watch and pause the video to catch all the info. you did.

Aaron-I think Glenn slipped T&S some hydrocodone.

Suck fumes
03-16-2015, 03:26 PM
I figured it out. Freakin timing confused Marshall Mosty with me! We were both number 67. Man I got screwed! So my 1:22.7 was accurate and the 1:23.8 on R1 was Marshall.

Race monitor was all screwed up too. I didn't even run R2 and they had my name on there. It was really Marshall.

michaelmosty
03-16-2015, 03:36 PM
In R1, Marshall was in the 1:21's so I don't see how the 1:23.8 was for him. Maybe a third #67 car out there....now that is a conspiracy!!!

Suck fumes
03-16-2015, 03:51 PM
If I could post the screen shot of race monitor I would. It shows the best lap of 1:23.8 and my name at the top but then on the 14 diff laps it shows some times in the 1:21's?

mach1
03-16-2015, 04:07 PM
Yeah we were all wondering WTF was going on because it would show you running a 1.21 then a 1.23, then back to a 1.21, I've got screenshots of both, then I figured out Marshall ran the exact time that it said you ran and something was wrong. The result sheets are correct though, they should be mapping transponder numbers directly.

Al Fernandez
03-16-2015, 10:11 PM
I was going off the number on the ponycar site Bryan: 1:24.2. Four cars were under that in R1.

Supercharged111
03-17-2015, 12:54 AM
I was going off the number on the ponycar site Bryan: 1:24.2. Four cars were under that in R1.

All 4th gens I assume. :cool: