PDA

View Full Version : TWS - April 25-26 - Sign up!

MikeP99Z
02-20-2015, 03:37 PM
As of 4/22:

CMC
Michael Mosty
Team Jordan
Rob Liebbe
David Francis
Sam Crumpacker
Sean Richardson
Pranav Patel
Bryan Leinart
Jeff Tilton
Kevin Jander
Gary Robertson
Wade Zimmer
Tyler Gardner
Ross Smith
Glenn Landrum
Matt Edwards
David Love
Craig McCormick
Al Fernandez
Aaron McSpadden
John Martin
Gary Hood

AI
Marshall Mosty
Mike Patterson
Ian Powell
Casey Holdway
Frank Robertson
Jack Murray
Jim Dulaney
Jim Shepard
David Capps
Mike Montgomery
Eddie Rock

SI
Mike Snavely
Dennis Tanker
Sammy McSpadden

Fbody383
02-20-2015, 04:29 PM
Is Rob Liebbe the new guy from comp school? Welcome Rob!

I'm just going to protest Jander now.

ShadowBolt
02-20-2015, 04:50 PM
Is Rob Liebbe the new guy from comp school? Welcome Rob!

I'm just going to protest Jander now.

I second that. He was way too fast with a wounded bullet.

JJ

Rob Liebbe
02-21-2015, 08:30 PM
I'll be wearing "Rookie Orange" plates.

michaelmosty
02-23-2015, 01:42 PM
All, if you are thinking of making this event and want a garage spot, please register now. I talked with Will and there are already a large # of people signed up and he is putting AI/CMC/SI in the middle garage. He did mention the garage spots are selling quickly so please go online and register for a spot, there are 24 total spots in the middle garage.

mach1
02-23-2015, 01:47 PM
All, if you are thinking of making this event and want a garage spot, please register now. I talked with Will and there are already a large # of people signed up and he is putting AI/CMC/SI in the middle garage. He did mention the garage spots are selling quickly so please go online and register for a spot, there are 24 total spots in the middle garage.

Damnit, what the hell, it said they were already sold out a couple of weeks ago when I registered.
Will F. is very hard to get in touch with, is there a better person to talk to for future reference?

mach1
02-23-2015, 02:31 PM
I was able to register one now, had to pay another admin fee, ugh, nickel and dime FTW......

Fbody383
02-23-2015, 03:25 PM
If you want an all AI/CMC garage please do sign up for one. Several of us asked Will to let us pay for/reserve the garage early and this was his answer instead.

Next topic will be what to do for Saturday night dinner. As good a job as AI/CMC did cooking burgers last time we need to revisit the party dinners of old.

marshall_mosty
02-23-2015, 03:34 PM
Damnit, what the hell, it said they were already sold out a couple of weeks ago when I registered.
Will F. is very hard to get in touch with, is there a better person to talk to for future reference?

Will F. is the current NASA TX contact. I don't know if he has any back-up's in the event he is sick/out.

JMR81
02-23-2015, 04:46 PM
We were able to get a garage just now.Have not registered for race yet so if we don't use we will sell it.

MikeP99Z
02-23-2015, 05:49 PM
Alternate contact is Adrian. She is managing some of the Texas region stuff.

Email her at adrian@drivenasa.com

MikeP99Z
03-26-2015, 12:15 PM
Updated - 18 CMC, 9 AI, 1 SI, 2 AIX

MikeP99Z
03-27-2015, 06:03 PM
TWS Friday Test-n-Tune is up on the registration page - full and half day options.

MikeP99Z
04-02-2015, 11:24 AM
Updated first page. I expect a few more within our group.

ShadowBolt
04-02-2015, 02:29 PM
I just looked again and see David Love will be racing the #3 with us. Fantastic!

JJ

Fbody383
04-02-2015, 03:11 PM
I don't want any 'involuntary' yellow on the car...

So of course Eastwood comes out with the actual color I wanted after I put the new bedliner on.

michaelmosty
04-02-2015, 03:52 PM
Some great old school and new school names on the list, can't wait!!!

Dave, you have any finished product pics of your ride?

Suck fumes
04-02-2015, 04:18 PM
Looking forward to the mustang smackdown.

mach1
04-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Looking forward to the mustang smackdown.

I don't see you registered?

ShadowBolt
04-02-2015, 06:57 PM
I don't see Dan on the list. Hopefully he will be there. With Aaron that will be 22!

JJ

Suck fumes
04-02-2015, 07:06 PM
Me and Jerry will be one and two both Toyo races haha

Let the smack talk begin

ShadowBolt
04-02-2015, 07:21 PM
Me and Jerry will be one and two both Toyo races haha

Let the smack talk begin

Don't lay down any smack for me. My dad taught me to talk AFTER......never before a sporting event.

JJ

Suck fumes
04-02-2015, 09:32 PM
Haha I know I'm just kidding. I know Kevin will be a rocket too

Fbody383
04-06-2015, 10:01 AM
Dave, you have any finished product pics of your ride?Nah, not yet. Need some blue pinstripe tape and Wade to quit putting family first and cut me some numbers. You know what... I think I'll just drive up to BCS TODAY and fix that.

Well... if Wendy says it's ok.

AI#97
04-10-2015, 05:09 PM
Thought I saw 3 in X a couple days ago. If we could get one more, Misty and I might be persuaded to run X for a total of 5. Anyone game?

GlennCMC70
04-13-2015, 10:18 PM
I am signed up...... but I may need some help getting a car there.
Need a dyno (got a 35mm plate in it.......)
Need a once over w/ brakes, safety for annual, hubs.

New job has me pinned 6am to 5:30pm almost every day, school two nights a week and 2 softball teams I coach on, games on Tues, Thurs, Sat.
Last weekend was supposed to be the car prep one since the girls had no games scheduled.... ended up playing an all day (7am to 9pm) tournament w/ Morgan on Sat (tournament was the reason the city didn't have games scheduled)...... Sunday - studied College Algebra most of the day for a test I took @ 7:30am this morning (all tests have to be take on personal time, not class time.....).

To say I need some help is an understatement. I'm clear to make TWS though. I just need help w/ the car.

mach1
04-14-2015, 10:32 AM
I've got a party at my place too.

Fbody383
04-14-2015, 12:20 PM
I've got a party at my place too.Apprently... with that many gloves and a scale.

All those pieces are too small to be Chevy parts.

mach1
04-14-2015, 12:59 PM
All those pieces are too small to be Chevy parts.
Unless it's a ring and pinion?

Hood
04-14-2015, 03:05 PM
Anyone object to me running exhibition CMC? I'm not going to have time to get to a dyno.

Fbody383
04-14-2015, 03:49 PM
Anyone object to me running exhibition CMC? I'm not going to have time to get to a dyno.I do... unless we can work out a deal.

Same motor combo as before? There was a call for AIX car count too...

Bring it and fun run at a minimum - be good to have you out there. Just stay pointed in the right direction.

Storm Trooper
04-14-2015, 09:20 PM
Anyone object to me running exhibition CMC? I'm not going to have time to get to a dyno.

Bring it its all FUN!

BryanL
04-15-2015, 10:11 AM

I'm certainly fine to have you in CMC without a dyno. But may consider running AIX and getting MFW to run as well and get some tire money. I would hope the directors would work with this as well and basically treat you as a CMC car with regards to grid and contact yet you would show up on the results as a AIX car.

Good smack talk Aaron and backing it up at Cresson. I got nothing for you but the 55 won't be #3 unless the 24 is #2 which isn't going to happen either.

Glenn-what kind of help do you need? You talking at the track? I'll help.

Hood
04-15-2015, 10:50 AM
I can run AIX. No problem. I just wanted to get out there and mix it up again on the best track in the South. May need to run my orange R's again though...

Hood
04-15-2015, 10:54 AM
I do... unless we can work out a deal.

Same motor combo as before? There was a call for AIX car count too...

Bring it and fun run at a minimum - be good to have you out there. Just stay pointed in the right direction.

This is the new engine after blowing up the 305 in 2010... damn, it's been too long!

BTW, I can count on two fingers the number of times I've spun the #20 ; )

Fbody383
04-15-2015, 11:01 AM
BTW, I can count on two fingers the number of times I've spun the #20 ; ) Well at least there's a good picture of one of them... and I think the other Gary had a good view of it.

Be good to have you back out. I have some 16" NT01s you can borrow.

Hood
04-15-2015, 11:06 AM
That was where we went 4 wide into turn 1 at TWS. I was on the outside in the marbles and G Robertson was just to my left. He got a close-up of my front bumper as I backed away into the grass. I got a frustrating seat to watch the entire race (we were only 3 laps in) while stuck in the slime. That was the longest 15 minutes ever...

Hood
04-15-2015, 05:00 PM
I'm entered in CMC but will run wherever y'all want me to. I DO need a banner though (I still have the circa 2010 banner). Who would I contact to have one made? Also need a number 20 for the hood.

GlennCMC70
04-15-2015, 05:47 PM
Glenn-what kind of help do you need? You talking at the track? I'll help.

I need more hours on the clock.
Certainly I can check stuff Friday at the track.
I need to dyno, but can't get the trailer out when it's wet, jack the yard up and code enforcement has written others up for driving though the yard and rutting it up. Been a lot of code issues w/ my neighbors lately. Point is, I need to pull it out today, but I have no where to park it until Sat when I'll be able to dyno (softball schedule dependent). Sunday would be great, if a dyno was open........
I know I'm way under powered after seeing almost all LT1's at MSR-C running a 4Xmm plate and I have a 35mm.
I only worked 8 hrs today just to get the yard mowed on the last dry day until Monday. No class tonight and no softball. Need to work 8 more today........

GlennCMC70
04-15-2015, 05:50 PM
Oh.... Medical still needs to be completed.
But on the bright side..... Got a 101 average in College Algebra w/ 4 weeks until the final.

MikeP99Z
04-15-2015, 06:03 PM
Updated 4/15

Fbody383
04-16-2015, 10:49 AM
Everybody charge their cameras and format memory cards...

AI#97
04-16-2015, 12:57 PM
Updated 4/15

what happened to the two AIX entries?

MikeP99Z
04-16-2015, 01:03 PM
Stader is out and Montgomery is moving to AI (just adding his ballast back into the car).

MikeP99Z
04-16-2015, 01:06 PM
Lyons, Haldemann, Pederson, Allford, Rock, Smith, others??

ShadowBolt
04-16-2015, 02:15 PM
I would think everyone that has a car would want to come out for this last race. Steve still has a car. I assume Jeremiah still has a car. How many others?

JJ

AI#97
04-16-2015, 02:49 PM
We may run AIX anyway to try and set the final lap record. Not even sure what it is right now. I have no chance in ST1 with the 3 heavy hitter corvettes showing up. They are in the 44's and 45's...I might be in the 48's if it isn't too hot. I put together a special combo for this weekend and I might as well leave with something for those efforts! LOL!

If anyone would like to run AIX to get the field up to 5 for the tire races and get to start a race in front of Mike Patterson ;) , I'll buy a few large Little Ceasar's pizzas and some beer for you guys as a thank you. Might as well have fun.

AllZWay
04-16-2015, 02:51 PM
I would think everyone that has a car would want to come out for this last race. Steve still has a car. I assume Jeremiah still has a car. How many others?

JJ

Looks like a good number of cars and would like to attend, but have a busy schedule and wouldn't want to pay all the yearly cost for a single race weekend either.

It is sad that TWS is closing, but I have lots of videos and pictures of it already.

BTW.. Did anyone see the NOLA Indy car race this past weekend? They took out the esses on the back and made a long straight.

ShadowBolt
04-16-2015, 02:54 PM
Looks like a good number of cars and would like to attend, but have a busy schedule and wouldn't want to pay all the yearly cost for a single race weekend either.

It is sad that TWS is closing, but I have lots of videos and pictures of it already.

BTW.. Did anyone see the NOLA Indy car race this past weekend? They took out the esses on the back and made a long straight.

I just assumed you would be racing with us James. I do understand why you would not with all the fees involved.

JJ

RichardP
04-16-2015, 03:14 PM

Also a rumor that MSRH is trying to get an Indy date. Would remove gut check after the launch and turn it into a straight...

Richard P.

Al Fernandez
04-18-2015, 09:13 AM
Also a rumor that MSRH is trying to get an Indy date. Would remove gut check after the launch and turn it into a straight...

hahaha

Rob Liebbe
04-18-2015, 12:26 PM
I will need a new car tech sometime on Friday. I already have a new logbook. Who's in charge of that?

marshall_mosty
04-18-2015, 01:22 PM
I will need a new car tech sometime on Friday. I already have a new logbook. Who's in charge of that?
I can take care of you Rob.

ShadowBolt
04-18-2015, 06:45 PM
The 55 is loaded on the trailer and ready to go. I found so many worn parts (bump steer end links, shocks, struts, one Stoptech rotor ring, new rear upper control arms and all new brake pads) I'm sure I screwed something up. Stoptech was sure my hubs were worn out causing the rotor issue so I replaced both of then but the old ones are still perfect. I know the alignment is screwed

JJ.

marshall_mosty
04-18-2015, 08:10 PM
My rear suspension is still cut out of the car. Leaving on a business trip tomorrow night, taking the red-eye back Monday to get to the shop 8am Tuesday to pull an "all day" (and night, if needed) to get it ready so my Friday "to do" list is minimal. The car should be ready to go as soon as I reweld the 3-link attachment bar (now with extra attachment bars to keep the torsional loading under control)... Gotta love last minute thrashes... With 2 of my kiddos being in sports and the oldest having games on both Saturday and Sunday, my time at the shop to prep has been minimal to say the least.

Hood
04-18-2015, 08:40 PM
Can I also sign up for a tech inspect?

GlennCMC70
04-18-2015, 09:28 PM
Will need an annual as well.

mach1
04-18-2015, 11:06 PM
Working on my transmission right now, about to bolt the top cover on, hopefully it goes back in the car Monday.

blk96gt
04-19-2015, 08:38 AM
I'll need an annual as well. I'll be there Friday for the practice.

marshall_mosty
04-19-2015, 08:52 AM
Between Glenn and myself, we can take care of all the annual inspections.

Chuck
04-19-2015, 04:03 PM
Looks like work will keep me away from TWS. Anyone need a garage space? First one to shoot me a PM can buy it.

Thanks,
Chuck
CMC#14

Alien
04-19-2015, 06:53 PM
Chuck, isn't that thing you have contagious? You wouldn't want to infect your coworkers with ate-sileendarnitus.

Chuck
04-19-2015, 10:30 PM
Chuck, isn't that thing you have contagious? You wouldn't want to infect your coworkers with ate-sileendarnitus.

I better check, it might be contagious...

ShadowBolt
04-20-2015, 03:39 PM
So Friday practice kinda sucks. I did not see the price but all day is only five 20 minute sessions and a half day is only three 20 minute sessions for racers and TT. Of course HPDE gets 25 minute sessions and then there is a comp school session (20 minutes). So there are four run groups HPDE, Group one (2:00 and under) Group two (2:00 and over) and comp school. Would it not be possible to run the HPDE and comp school at the same time? Maybe not but for TWS this is way less track time unless you can go out in Group one and two if need be?

JJ

Fbody383
04-20-2015, 04:28 PM
From the welcome letter: Lastly, don’t forget the Saturday evening party and awards. We’ll be doing a low country boil and
some polish dogs.

I guess that's what I would call a crawfish boil.

I may eat some of that but I will be taking a 10-12lb brisket off the smoker around 5ish if all goes well... it ain't done until it's done. I think Regan is in with some beans/tortillas/buns, Sean/Keisha bringing some potato salad... and there are grocery stores in BCS. I don't think Scott/Sean/me, and a pack of Mosty's can eat the whole thing by ourselves. Doesn't mean we won't try but there should be some to go around.

Figure the brisket will need to rest 30-45 minutes anyway so anybody that wants to use it please just let me know. It will cook up to 450 and can roast several chickens in about 90 minutes if somebody wants to do that too.

marshall_mosty
04-20-2015, 11:26 PM
Dave,
Let me know what you have in the food, money wise, so I can get you reimbursed.

Rob Liebbe
04-21-2015, 08:04 AM
How come its not Friday yet!?!?!?!

http://www.aicmctexas.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1555&stc=1

Fbody383
04-21-2015, 08:20 AM
Dave,
Let me know what you have in the food, money wise, so I can get you reimbursed.Will do. Is there a garage map yet? Maybe Will posted it and I just haven't seen it - no google docs here at the office.

mach1
04-21-2015, 09:48 AM
Will do. Is there a garage map yet? Maybe Will posted it and I just haven't seen it - no google docs here at the office.

There is a link in the welcome letter.

smitty328
04-21-2015, 11:18 AM
Well, I can't believe I got this weekend off, (huge accomplishment for a new job) but now something has come up. Taking my Girls to Houston. I can't believe I'm missing the last TWS race.

Have fun, be safe and take lots of video!

Pranav
04-21-2015, 12:22 PM
I think I have the same garage spot I had last April when I blew my 2nd motor on Friday test and tune.

Anyone wanna switch? lol

mach1
04-21-2015, 01:20 PM
I think I have the same garage spot I had last April when I blew my 2nd motor on Friday test and tune.

Anyone wanna switch? lol

Looks like we are neighbors, keep that blown motor voodoo on your side!!

BryanL
04-21-2015, 01:39 PM
From the welcome letter: Lastly, don’t forget the Saturday evening party and awards. We’ll be doing a low country boil and
some polish dogs.

I guess that's what I would call a crawfish boil.

I may eat some of that but I will be taking a 10-12lb brisket off the smoker around 5ish if all goes well... it ain't done until it's done. I think Regan is in with some beans/tortillas/buns, Sean/Keisha bringing some potato salad... and there are grocery stores in BCS. I don't think Scott/Sean/me, and a pack of Mosty's can eat the whole thing by ourselves. Doesn't mean we won't try but there should be some to go around.

Figure the brisket will need to rest 30-45 minutes anyway so anybody that wants to use it please just let me know. It will cook up to 450 and can roast several chickens in about 90 minutes if somebody wants to do that too.

So do we want to try and make this a whole Thunder deal? I'm in for bringing food to share. Maybe one of those stuffed pork loins I got at Bucee's awhile back and some baked tater salad.

Sorry you are missing the last stand Mark.

I agree with you Jerry on the track time. Seems its the least amount of practice day time of anywhere. Great to see they do an actual comp school nowadays.

Rob-you mean you have everything done and are ready to work on my car Friday?

Rob Liebbe
04-21-2015, 01:54 PM
Rob-you mean you have everything done and are ready to work on my car Friday?

We'll have to see what falls off or doesn't work during practice on Friday. It's a Mustang, so whatever crap I throw together will be superior to your fully developed Camaro. ;)

Fbody383
04-21-2015, 03:11 PM
So do we want to try and make this a whole Thunder deal? I'm in for bringing food to share. Maybe one of those stuffed pork loins I got at Bucee's awhile back and some baked tater salad. Absolutely... no pride of ownership here.

It's a Mustang, so whatever crap I throw together will be superior to your fully developed Camaro. That's awesome...

BlueFirePony
04-21-2015, 08:52 PM
Absolutely... no pride of ownership here.
Time to sample Dave's Q :)

rleng1
04-22-2015, 04:47 AM
Good luck this weekend to the entire NASA AI/CMC family. TWS is where I got my start in CMC and where I ran my last race. Wish I was there for sure. Hopefully the 24 can put it on the 55. I will be tracking your races online, and not to worry, I'm doing great. I may show up when you least expect it. with a pot of beans for sure.
Cheers, and enjoy.

ShadowBolt
04-22-2015, 07:12 AM
Good luck this weekend to the entire NASA AI/CMC family. TWS is where I got my start in CMC and where I ran my last race. Wish I was there for sure. Hopefully the 24 can put it on the 55. I will be tracking your races online, and not to worry, I'm doing great. I may show up when you least expect it. with a pot of beans for sure.
Cheers, and enjoy.

Why the hell are you pulling for the 24 over the 55? You do know that is that Gay guy in Nascar's number?

JJ

BryanL
04-22-2015, 08:54 AM
Why the hell are you pulling for the 24 over the 55? You do know that is that Gay guy in Nascar's number?

JJ
Your the car with the neon rainbow theme.

DF-I have a foldup table we can use. I'm thinking of bringing a meat for your cooker and a side. Doesn't seem like many others are interested-that is until all the meat starts coming off the grill. Guess we need a leader to step up and delegate.

marshall_mosty
04-22-2015, 10:16 AM
Guess we need a leader to step up and delegate.
Keeping the paperwork straight (contact forms, grid sheets, annuals, etc) for you knuckle draggers is difficult enough, now I have to plan dinner... Sheesh!
I'm okay with opening up the series kitty fund to reimburse those who are out of pocket for materials...
I'll start another thread to appease the masses.

Please send me a PM with the specifics on what you are brining.

Fbody383
04-22-2015, 10:48 AM
Time to sample Dave's Q :)Remember you've seen me race... this is another amateur adventure for me.

Though one of the office guys used the Rub 2.0 and was happy with the end product.

GlennCMC70
04-22-2015, 11:06 AM
Dyno set-up for tonight.
New harnesses picked up this morning.
Medical cleared NASA HQ yesterday.
Looking good so far.

marshall_mosty
04-22-2015, 11:54 AM
I got the new bars welded in yesterday. Just need to reinstall the interior cover, vacuum it out and load it on the trailer. Based on the forecasts, I don't think I'm going to take the time to wash it...

Storm Trooper
04-22-2015, 08:06 PM

marshall_mosty
04-22-2015, 08:24 PM

Can't wait to see the whole car!!

cobra132
04-22-2015, 08:32 PM
I have no dyno, no annual and no right sided numbers. I hope contrasting duct tape is allowed.

ShadowBolt
04-22-2015, 08:35 PM
I have no dyno, no annual and no right sided numbers. I hope contrasting duct tape is allowed.
Duct tape is fine.

JJ

AI#97
04-22-2015, 10:35 PM
With 60+ cars reported to be running blitz, I'm likely going to run AIX at least one day this weekend (probably Saturday). Anyone else want to play?

marshall_mosty
04-23-2015, 08:47 AM
Frank,
As long as the motor hasn't changed, we can poll the group, but my bet is you will be fine without the dyno.
I can handle the annual on Friday
Duct Tape works great. I've seen what you can do on Michael's car, so I'm sure it will look better than half the professional vinyl we have on the cars currently.

cobra132
04-23-2015, 09:04 AM
Same motor.

Rob Liebbe
04-23-2015, 10:34 AM
Woohoo, Frank will be there!!!

GlennCMC70
04-23-2015, 12:11 PM
Total NASA entry list is 285 as of today.

mach1
04-23-2015, 12:19 PM

Nice $$$$

BryanL
04-23-2015, 12:47 PM
I'm getting fired up. The 55 is trash talking the 70 while he is down-nice-they can have fun together at the back. I'm going to try and win a race this weekend by being the fastest Camaro on Saturday yet still not getting any first-fifth toyo money. Then it will great to have Frank back as he hands me a BL and congratulates me. I just hope Frank is staying at the track so he can patch me up early sunday morning after Mosty/McCormick/Martin beat me up and throw me in the campfire if they have one. Really looking forward to reviewing the traqmate data that gets collected on the front runners. Too bad it doesn't look like it is going to rain enough for any parking lot watersports.

AI#97
04-23-2015, 12:49 PM

Be sure to bring your dogs and firearms! ;)

mach1
04-23-2015, 12:50 PM
I'm getting fired up. The 55 is trash talking the 70 while he is down-nice-they can have fun together at the back. I'm going to try and win a race this weekend by being the fastest Camaro on Saturday yet still not getting any first-fifth toyo money. Then it will great to have Frank back as he hands me a BL and congratulates me. I just hope Frank is staying at the track so he can patch me up early sunday morning after Mosty/McCormick/Martin beat me up and throw me in the campfire if they have one. Really looking forward to reviewing the traqmate data that gets collected on the front runners. Too bad it doesn't look like it is going to rain enough for any parking lot watersports.

We can trade cars and you will see a Camaro on the podium!

mach1
04-23-2015, 12:51 PM
Be sure to bring your dogs and firearms! ;)

Check and check, are you insinuating that I need to lock up my stuff?

marshall_mosty
04-23-2015, 01:45 PM
Eddie is signed up too!!!
AI is about to eclipse it's highest turnout

AI#97
04-23-2015, 02:52 PM
Eddie is signed up too!!!
AI is about to eclipse it's highest turnout

If his facebook pictures are current....he has a LOT of work to finish.