PDA

View Full Version : TWS both directions

Suck fumes
03-06-2015, 04:07 PM
I had thrown this idea to Will a while back but I thought I'd bring it up again....

I asked if we could run TWS both directions at the April event. CW Saturday and CCW Sunday since this will be the last hoorah. Anyone else want to do this or think its a good idea?

GlennCMC70
03-06-2015, 07:21 PM
The only issue i see is pre-grid and track entry and exit for the change in direction.

Suck fumes
03-06-2015, 09:02 PM
Just line the cars up on pit lane near the look out stand for CCW and line them where they normally are behind the garages for CW. Problem solved.

michaelmosty
03-07-2015, 05:54 PM
I think both directions would be great!!
I can see the grid thing being a problem. I don't see it reasonable to ask people to pack up and move their stuff to the other end after Saturday. I'm also not sure how it would work with the congestion of cars coming off track and other cars going onto track from the same fence opening.

ShadowBolt
03-08-2015, 02:30 PM
im fot it.

JJ

Suck fumes
03-20-2015, 12:59 PM
So I guess from the email I got it doesn't look like we are running both directions however we are going CCW! Which the best way anyway. I always loved it more that direction.

mach1
03-20-2015, 01:05 PM
So I guess from the email I got it doesn't look like we are running both directions however we are going CCW! Which the best way anyway. I always loved it more that direction.

you running CMC @ TWS?

Storm Trooper
03-20-2015, 01:29 PM
I think both directions would be great!!
I can see the grid thing being a problem. I don't see it reasonable to ask people to pack up and move their stuff to the other end after Saturday. I'm also not sure how it would work with the congestion of cars coming off track and other cars going onto track from the same fence opening.

Why can't we grid behind the chain-link fence in front of hot pit? That would free up more parking for everyone. And we can go either direction very easily?!?! Just a thought :confused:

Suck fumes
03-20-2015, 01:33 PM
That's what i said a long time ago but apparently it's too complicated. :shock:

Suck fumes
03-20-2015, 01:33 PM
you running CMC @ TWS?

Yes

mach1
03-20-2015, 01:35 PM
Yes

Cool, I will have my supercharger installed by then!

ShadowBolt
03-20-2015, 01:57 PM
Cool, I will have my supercharger installed by then!

I'm getting one of these.

NOS Top Shot Hidden Nitrous Oxide Systems

JJ

ShadowBolt
03-20-2015, 02:59 PM
Why can't we grid behind the chain-link fence in front of hot pit? That would free up more parking for everyone. And we can go either direction very easily?!?! Just a thought :confused:

I ask that same question before the last TWS event and was told the hot pit does not have enough room. I think that is BS but whatever.

JJ

AI#97
03-20-2015, 03:10 PM
I ask that same question before the last TWS event and was told the hot pit does not have enough room. I think that is BS but whatever.

JJ

If it were to rain, you don't want to be gridding up on COLD pit huge and deep puddles but ce la vie. Hot pit is just that a HOT PIT and not for parking. We have gridded on cold pit in the past and while it could work, it is a little tight.

With this probably going to be the largest NASA event in TX history, gridding on cold pit is NOT a bad idea considering some of our run groups could have 60 cars. You aren't going to fit that in the current pit area. Max is about 45 IIRC and that is 3 rows of grid.

NASA/Will should work it out with Joey now so they have time to sweep/Clean the cold pit area and paint down some grid positions to follow....but hey, what do I know about running events at TWS?! ;)

Suck fumes
03-20-2015, 04:08 PM

JJ

SCCA has used the hot pit area in front of the look out stand for yrs

ShadowBolt
03-20-2015, 06:13 PM
I meant cold pits.