PDA

View Full Version : What are your success rates with just a rehone and go?

Supercharged111
05-10-2015, 12:48 AM
Honed my POS and reassembled with virgin never been blown up parts. Between that and all the new ignition bits, I pulled off a nice smooth dyno with an LT1 like "curve" which I've never done before (all previous dynos were super jagged and fairly inconsistent) but the whole thing was down quite a bit. The car was more consistent than ever and didn't smoke. Prior to the dyno, I probably ran the motor 15 minutes and ripped on it once to see if it felt like it made more than 190whp (as it did with a wadded up rod bearing). I walked away with 249/280 unrestricted and least year it did 260/293 with a 44mm plate and a jagged shitty ass dyno. I'm wondering what you guys have observed as far as power gains with rings that were slow to seat? Really hoping it hits at least hits 260whp unrestricted. I honed with a 320 grit 3 stone hone and finished with some red scotch brite all soaked in WD40.

Supercharged111
05-20-2015, 10:49 PM
Some midterm followup on this matter: 3-4 laps into my first warmup session, I slammed 4th and all of a sudden I was greeted with a previously unrecognized presence of the back of my seat. I felt from there as though I was throwing 5th at the same spot as last year with the 260whp, so I scheduled yet another dyno as I know you TX guys will call BS if I run Hallett as strong as last year with a 249/280 dyno cert. More to come as I dyno again on June 6th, we'll see just how badass my garage hone/reassemble really is.