PDA

View Full Version : TX CMC Director Position Open for 2016!

GlennCMC70
09-22-2015, 12:27 PM
I hate doing this on the forums, but I will not be @ MSR-H to do it. I was hoping Al could fill in this weekend so I could push this off until TWS, but he will be out this weekend as well.

The time has come for me to step down as CMC Series Director for TX. I just can't put in the time these days. My new position @ work is crazy and very stressful. Add to that my kids and the time I devote to their sports, its a wonder I can function at all. I have been shifting my priorities over to them more and more over the last few years. As they get older, I see the day coming where this time will be gone. Once that happens, I'll come back try and find new ways to help w/ NASA and CMC from a leadership perspective.

I'm not selling my car and I'm not quitting CMC. I just think its time for some new leadership energy for the series locally at a minimum.

I stepped up many years ago to help fix all the problems I caused Adam and Todd as a new racer. I hope I did just that. I hope the series is in a better place now than it was when I stepped in. To say I've learned a lot is an understatement. I've learned to be more PC than I ever thought I could have. Been a long time since I called everyone a bunch of "Ass clowns" (funny story). Anyways....... I think I learned to see all sides of an issue and be completely unbiased regardless of how it affected myself. I didn't learn that on my own, I learned it from my fellow CMC racers.

Think over the next few days about if you think your the person to who can take the wheel and steer this group into the future. This weekend would be a great time to step in and fill an empty spot. Test it out per say. Let me know if your that guy, and I'll let the right people know. I have a couple folks in mind who I would like to see take over. Someone who has been around a while and who everyone respects would do very well in this roll.
I will stay on until the end of the year to help w/ the transition and to help w/ the rules silly season. I will always be around for helping out and answering questions for anyone.

I have been resisting the urge to do this for sometime now. I just don't see my personal situation changing anytime soon. Understand this has nothing to do w/ anything regarding CMC or NASA. I still believe in both wholeheartedly. I just think the series needs more right now than I can give. Thank you all for allowing me to be the Series Director for as long as I have. I've had a good time and made allot of lifelong friends.

Give me a call if you want to chat about this.

AllZWay
09-22-2015, 01:36 PM
Glenn... You know I understand your situation about as much as anyone with the kids and work time. I hate to see you step down, but I certainly don't blame you one bit.

GlennCMC70
09-22-2015, 03:10 PM
I really figured once school was done, I would be able to balance things OK. Just before school was over is when the promotion happened. That was the unexpected thing that happened. That caused work to be placed at a much higher priority. No longer can I show up and get 8-10 hrs worth of work done in 6 and go home early and still look like a rock star. The stress of a Construction Manager overseeing dirtbag contractors is unreal. The intelligence level is @ an all time low in telecomm.
Morgan added another sport this year - Volleyball. So she has that, and 2 softball teams she is working out with. One is a workout team for the JV High School Team. This one is a big deal. Basketball is right around the corner for school and the city. The girl just goes and goes. Still doing well in Honors classes too.
Karlie is pitching now, so that doubled her practice days. 4 days a week plus Sat games. She rolls from this into basketball as well. I spend more time w/ Karlie now than ever.

The days of being self centered w/ my time is long gone. Has been for a while. I've just been fighting it for the last 5 years.

So yes James - I know you know. We both see some others that are on their way where we are as well. Lots of new dads in the group. My only regret is not starting racing 5 years sooner.

Fbody383
09-22-2015, 03:40 PM
It was Glenn (and that other guy) that convinced me this was the "right" group for me. Enjoy your kids while you have them - a couple of blinks and they'll be moved out to college.

I am NOT the guy, but will support the person that is willing to step into the shoes.

Thanks for giving what you did - even if you did run me over when the only orange on the car was an "R."

Rob Liebbe
09-22-2015, 08:11 PM
Your tireless time, effort and love for this group has certainly been appreciated for a long time. Thank you sir.

rleng1
09-24-2015, 05:29 PM
Thanks Glenn. You've help me get into a sport that I love, and met lifelong friends. Do the kids while they are there, and come race with Jerry and I when you are 60. We will still be here. Promise.

mtpockets
09-24-2015, 06:46 PM
You'd think it would get easier once the kids are grown and out on their own. Then come the grandkids and your kids are split in 5 different directions, from 30 minutes to 6 hours away and finding time to be in their lives. I'm happy to have a job, great understanding wife, great kids, my health and just enough left over to come play with you guys on a few weekends out of the year. Great just being on the right side of the grass every morning. Hang in there Glenn, you're doing the right thing brother.

ShadowBolt
09-25-2015, 08:59 AM
Thanks Glenn. You've help me get into a sport that I love, and met lifelong friends. Do the kids while they are there, and come race with Jerry and I when you are 60. We will still be here. Promise.

Yep.

You have done a great job Glenn.

JJ

BryanL
09-25-2015, 09:09 AM

I'll nominate Ole English to replace Glenn!

Glenn-thanks for all the work. You and Mitch helped me get in the this as well and a huge reason why the Texas region has been successful. I have talked with Glenn enough over the years about certain issues to know how much effort he has poured in and how much it has changed him-for the better.
I think the series is so stable right now thanks to the directors ironing out everything and creating a stable set of rules. So hopefully it isn't as time consuming as I know it used to be.
Lastly you are doing the right thing making the kids the priority.

Chuck
09-26-2015, 09:06 PM
Thanks for all the work Glen. You have done much to promote CMC.

Chuck Penney
CMC#14

Rsmith350
09-29-2015, 09:22 PM
Glenn thank you for all the support and advice you've given me in my racing career. You've been a huge help. Now that I've changed jobs I will have more time on my hands. What would you guys think about me throwing my hat in the ring for the director job? I have been looking for another spot within NASA to replace Tech.

ShadowBolt
09-30-2015, 08:04 AM
Glenn thank you for all the support and advice you've given me in my racing career. You've been a huge help. Now that I've changed jobs I will have more time on my hands. What would you guys think about me throwing my hat in the ring for the director job? I have been looking for another spot within NASA to replace Tech.

I'm all for it. I think you would do a great job.

JJ

rleng1
09-30-2015, 01:34 PM
I second that emotion. Good job Ross. We assume that Jessica will assist, since she is the brains of the outfit.

Fbody383
09-30-2015, 02:31 PM
I second that emotion. Did you mean e-motion?

I've thought about it a little.

Ultimately, I do think you would do well.
My current thought is that if Al/Marshall/Mike think your coachable and will share some mentoring time, then I think you should be given a shot.

Rob Liebbe
09-30-2015, 03:35 PM
Sucker!!!!!

Just kidding - I'll vote for you. We need another contender so they have to ply us with liquor and women.

Al Fernandez
10-01-2015, 07:32 PM
Quitter!

:)